WWF: 1983 - Death of the Territories

[CENTER][B][U]Monday, Week 2, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]World Class Championship Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-WCCW held "World Class Wrestling" at the Fort Worth Convention Center, infront of 9,299 people. Here are the results... Ken Mantell defeated Frank Dusek C David Von Erich defeated Jim Garvin to retain the WCCW Texas Championship B- Buddy Rogers defeated Black Gordman B- Terry Gordy defeated Kevin Von Erich B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B-[/B] [B]Championship Wrestling from Florida[/B] [COLOR="red"]-CWF held "Wrestling from Florida" at the Nashville Fairgrounds, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... The Purple Haze & Maha Singh defeated Barry Windham & Scott McGhee C+ Black Bart defeated B. Brian Blair C- Dusty Rhodes went to a double DQ with Pak Song B- Blackjack Mulligan defeated Jos Leduc B[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B-[/B] [B]International Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-IWA held "Battle Lines" at the Arena Dave-Keon, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Armand Rougeu defeated Bob Della Serra C- Roddy Pipper defeated Haku C- Jacques Rougeu defeated Tony Parisi C+ Raymond & Justice Dubious defeated Le Bourreau & Le Manifique to retain the IWA Tag Titles C+ Dino Bravo defeated Pierre Lefebvre C+ Gino Brito defeated Gilles Poisson B- Rick Martel defeated Sailor White to retain the IWA Title C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][U]Monday, Week 2, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]World Class Championship Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-WCCW held "World Class Wrestling" at the Fort Worth Convention Center, infront of 9,299 people. Here are the results... Ken Mantell defeated Frank Dusek C David Von Erich defeated Jim Garvin to retain the WCCW Texas Championship B- Buddy Rogers defeated Black Gordman B- Terry Gordy defeated Kevin Von Erich B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B-[/B] [B]Championship Wrestling from Florida[/B] [COLOR="red"]-CWF held "Wrestling from Florida" at the Nashville Fairgrounds, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... The Purple Haze & Maha Singh defeated Barry Windham & Scott McGhee C+ Black Bart defeated B. Brian Blair C- Dusty Rhodes went to a double DQ with Pak Song B- Blackjack Mulligan defeated Jos Leduc B[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B-[/B] [B]International Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-IWA held "Battle Lines" at the Arena Dave-Keon, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Armand Rougeu defeated Bob Della Serra C- Roddy Pipper defeated Haku C- Jacques Rougeu defeated Tony Parisi C+ Raymond & Justice Dubious defeated Le Bourreau & Le Manifique to retain the IWA Tag Titles C+ Dino Bravo defeated Pierre Lefebvre C+ Gino Brito defeated Gilles Poisson B- Rick Martel defeated Sailor White to retain the IWA Title C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Tuesday, Week 2, January 1983[/U][/B] [B]All Japan Pro Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-AJPW held "King's Road" at the Nakajima Center, infront of 1,284 people. Here are the results... Giant Baba & Genichiro Tenryu defeated Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody B Chavo & Misawa defeated Kawada & Okuma C Ashura Hara defeated Rocky Hata C Takashi Ishikawa & Akio Sato defeated Goro & Dragon to retain the All Asia Tag Titles C- Mil Mascaras defeated The Great Kojika C+ Atsushi Onita defeated Masanobu Fuchi to retain the NWA International Jr. Heavyweight Title C+ Terry Funk & Mighty defeated Great Kabuki & Dory Funk B Jumbo Tsuruta defeated Umanosuke Ueda to retain the NWA United National Heavyweight Title B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B-[/B] [B]Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-GLOW held an event at the Mayan Theater, infront of 953 people. Here are the results... Corporal Kelly defeated Americana D Spanish Red defeated Scarlett D Mountain Fiji and Ashley Cartier ended in a No Contest C- Tina Ferrari defeated Tammy Jones C-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C-[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Tuesday, Week 2, January 1983[/U][/B] [B]All Japan Pro Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-AJPW held "King's Road" at the Nakajima Center, infront of 1,284 people. Here are the results... Giant Baba & Genichiro Tenryu defeated Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody B Chavo & Misawa defeated Kawada & Okuma C Ashura Hara defeated Rocky Hata C Takashi Ishikawa & Akio Sato defeated Goro & Dragon to retain the All Asia Tag Titles C- Mil Mascaras defeated The Great Kojika C+ Atsushi Onita defeated Masanobu Fuchi to retain the NWA International Jr. Heavyweight Title C+ Terry Funk & Mighty defeated Great Kabuki & Dory Funk B Jumbo Tsuruta defeated Umanosuke Ueda to retain the NWA United National Heavyweight Title B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B-[/B] [B]Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-GLOW held an event at the Mayan Theater, infront of 953 people. Here are the results... Corporal Kelly defeated Americana D Spanish Red defeated Scarlett D Mountain Fiji and Ashley Cartier ended in a No Contest C- Tina Ferrari defeated Tammy Jones C-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C-[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, January 1983(Television Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Television[/B] [COLOR="red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "Championship Wrestling" live on Cable TV East[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"][B]Singles Debut Match[/B] Greg "The Hammer" Valentine makes his WWF debut against "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson [B]$5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/B] Freddie Blassie & Big John Studd will be on hand to take on any challengers in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge [B]Non-Title Tag Team Action[/B] WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows, take on The Wild Samoans [B]HUGE WWF Heavyweight Championship Main Event Match[/B] WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund, defends his title against "The Crippler" Ray Stevens[/COLOR] [I]Plus much much more!!![/I][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, January 1983(Television Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Television[/B] [COLOR="red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "Championship Wrestling" live on Cable TV East[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"][B]Singles Debut Match[/B] Greg "The Hammer" Valentine makes his WWF debut against "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson [B]$5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/B] Freddie Blassie & Big John Studd will be on hand to take on any challengers in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge [B]Non-Title Tag Team Action[/B] WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows, take on The Wild Samoans [B]HUGE WWF Heavyweight Championship Main Event Match[/B] WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund, defends his title against "The Crippler" Ray Stevens[/COLOR] [I]Plus much much more!!![/I][/CENTER]

The diary is looking great so far. I'll be interested in seeing how you turn the WWF's fortunes in their favor here. Predictions: Singles Debut Match [B]Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] makes his WWF debut against "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson [I]-Valentine's GOTTA win his debut match...doesn't he?[/I] $5,000 Body Slam Challenge Freddie Blassie & Big John Studd will be on hand to take on any challengers in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge [I]-It's probably too early to bring out Andre here though that's my prediction for who's gonna beat Studd eventually. I say another jobber in and a win for Studd.[/I] Non-Title Tag Team Action WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows, take on [B]The Wild Samoans[/B] [I]-Bigger fan of the Samoans than the Strongbows. Maybe a win for them to set up a future tag title shot.[/I] HUGE WWF Heavyweight Championship Main Event Match WWF Heavyweight Champion, [B]Bob Backlund[/B], defends his title against "The Crippler" Ray Stevens [I]-Gotta go with Backlund here. I don't know if you saw one of my old diaries but he was one of the only superstars I brought over from the WWF to Mid-Atlantic(not the current diary I'm running now but an older one)[/I]

The diary is looking great so far. I'll be interested in seeing how you turn the WWF's fortunes in their favor here. Predictions: Singles Debut Match [B]Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] makes his WWF debut against "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson [I]-Valentine's GOTTA win his debut match...doesn't he?[/I] $5,000 Body Slam Challenge Freddie Blassie & Big John Studd will be on hand to take on any challengers in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge [I]-It's probably too early to bring out Andre here though that's my prediction for who's gonna beat Studd eventually. I say another jobber in and a win for Studd.[/I] Non-Title Tag Team Action WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows, take on [B]The Wild Samoans[/B] [I]-Bigger fan of the Samoans than the Strongbows. Maybe a win for them to set up a future tag title shot.[/I] HUGE WWF Heavyweight Championship Main Event Match WWF Heavyweight Champion, [B]Bob Backlund[/B], defends his title against "The Crippler" Ray Stevens [I]-Gotta go with Backlund here. I don't know if you saw one of my old diaries but he was one of the only superstars I brought over from the WWF to Mid-Atlantic(not the current diary I'm running now but an older one)[/I]

[QUOTE=angeldelayette;159413]The diary is looking great so far. I'll be interested in seeing how you turn the WWF's fortunes in their favor here. Predictions: Singles Debut Match [B]Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] makes his WWF debut against "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson [I]-Valentine's GOTTA win his debut match...doesn't he?[/I] $5,000 Body Slam Challenge Freddie Blassie & Big John Studd will be on hand to take on any challengers in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge [I]-It's probably too early to bring out Andre here though that's my prediction for who's gonna beat Studd eventually. I say another jobber in and a win for Studd.[/I] Non-Title Tag Team Action WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows, take on [B]The Wild Samoans[/B] [I]-Bigger fan of the Samoans than the Strongbows. Maybe a win for them to set up a future tag title shot.[/I] HUGE WWF Heavyweight Championship Main Event Match WWF Heavyweight Champion, [B]Bob Backlund[/B], defends his title against "The Crippler" Ray Stevens [I]-Gotta go with Backlund here. I don't know if you saw one of my old diaries but he was one of the only superstars I brought over from the WWF to Mid-Atlantic(not the current diary I'm running now but an older one)[/I][/QUOTE] Me too.

[QUOTE=angeldelayette;159413]The diary is looking great so far. I'll be interested in seeing how you turn the WWF's fortunes in their favor here. Predictions: Singles Debut Match [B]Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] makes his WWF debut against "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson [I]-Valentine's GOTTA win his debut match...doesn't he?[/I] $5,000 Body Slam Challenge Freddie Blassie & Big John Studd will be on hand to take on any challengers in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge [I]-It's probably too early to bring out Andre here though that's my prediction for who's gonna beat Studd eventually. I say another jobber in and a win for Studd.[/I] Non-Title Tag Team Action WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows, take on [B]The Wild Samoans[/B] [I]-Bigger fan of the Samoans than the Strongbows. Maybe a win for them to set up a future tag title shot.[/I] HUGE WWF Heavyweight Championship Main Event Match WWF Heavyweight Champion, [B]Bob Backlund[/B], defends his title against "The Crippler" Ray Stevens [I]-Gotta go with Backlund here. I don't know if you saw one of my old diaries but he was one of the only superstars I brought over from the WWF to Mid-Atlantic(not the current diary I'm running now but an older one)[/I][/QUOTE] Me too.

[QUOTE=TOOL;159399][CENTER][B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, January 1983(Television Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Television[/B] [COLOR="red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "Championship Wrestling" live on Cable TV East[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"][B]Singles Debut Match[/B] [B]Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] makes his WWF debut against "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson [B]$5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/B] Freddie Blassie & Big John Studd will be on hand to take on any challengers in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge [B]Non-Title Tag Team Action[/B] WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows, take on [B]The Wild Samoans[/B] [B]HUGE WWF Heavyweight Championship Main Event Match[/B] WWF Heavyweight Champion, [B]Bob Backlund[/B], defends his title against "The Crippler" Ray Stevens[/COLOR] [I]Plus much much more!!![/I][/CENTER][/QUOTE] Of course, I'd prefer the Crippler to get the title. But I guess that Backlund will soon fold to an Andre the Giant or a Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

[QUOTE=TOOL;159399][CENTER][B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, January 1983(Television Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Television[/B] [COLOR="red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "Championship Wrestling" live on Cable TV East[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"][B]Singles Debut Match[/B] [B]Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] makes his WWF debut against "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson [B]$5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/B] Freddie Blassie & Big John Studd will be on hand to take on any challengers in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge [B]Non-Title Tag Team Action[/B] WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows, take on [B]The Wild Samoans[/B] [B]HUGE WWF Heavyweight Championship Main Event Match[/B] WWF Heavyweight Champion, [B]Bob Backlund[/B], defends his title against "The Crippler" Ray Stevens[/COLOR] [I]Plus much much more!!![/I][/CENTER][/QUOTE] Of course, I'd prefer the Crippler to get the title. But I guess that Backlund will soon fold to an Andre the Giant or a Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

Valentine easily in his debut...Hopefully you build him up to be a world title contender...(I'm a bigger fan of the Hammer) I'm going to predict Tony Atlas coming out for the slam challenge...Especially since the Soulman is already on the card Samoans in the non-title match-up...Which in turn will set up a title matchup...I like the Samoans better than Strongbows Backlund defends against The Crippler...This would be a very entertaining match to see Keep this up...I love the DOTT

Valentine easily in his debut...Hopefully you build him up to be a world title contender...(I'm a bigger fan of the Hammer) I'm going to predict Tony Atlas coming out for the slam challenge...Especially since the Soulman is already on the card Samoans in the non-title match-up...Which in turn will set up a title matchup...I like the Samoans better than Strongbows Backlund defends against The Crippler...This would be a very entertaining match to see Keep this up...I love the DOTT

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]WWF Championship Wrestling live at the Alumni Hall infront of 5,000 people[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]Introduction[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon are at the announcers table.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Welcome everyone to another installment of WWF "Championship Wrestling"!! I'm Vince McMahon along with my broadcast partner Gorilla Monsoon. [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: We're in for one great event tonight, Vince. [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] We sure are. Tonight we'll be treated to a WWF Heavyweight Championship main event match between the reigning champion, Bob Backlund, and "The Crippler" Ray Stevens!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] Wow!! I can't wait but right now lets head to the ring for our opening bout between the Rocky Johnson and a man making his WWF debut tonight, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine!! [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RockyJohnson1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/GregValentine2.jpg[/IMG] Rocky Johnson vs Greg Valentine[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Rocky Johnson gets some quick offensive moves in. -The Soulman misses a dropkick and gets nailed by a Elbowdrop from Valentine. -Greg Valentine pounds and ground Rocky Johnson for most of the mid-match. -Rocky starts fighting back and nails Valentine with some clothesline. Johnson backdrops Valentine over his head and signals for a Slam. -Valentine blocks the slam and hits a Hammer-like blow across his back. -Valentine applies the Figure Four Leglock and forces The Soulman to tap out.[/I] [B]Greg Valentine defeated Rocky Johnson in 10:03 by pinfall with a Figure Four Leglock. A[/B] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: A very impressive debut for "The Hammer"!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: It seems that he's going to have a bright future here in the World Wrestling Federation!! [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head to the back where Lord Alfred Hayes is standing by with "Superstar" Billy Graham... [B][U]Backstage Interview with Billy Graham[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Lord Alfred Hayes is standing backstage beside Billy Graham. [/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Thank you gentlemen. I'm here with "Superstar" Billy Graham, a man who just last week challenged "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas to an Arm Wrestling Contest. Well just a few days ago during a LIVE WWF Event, Tony Atlas accepted your challenge and you ambushed him from behind!! What do you have to say for yourself?! [B]Billy Graham[/B]: You see Alfred, Wrestling is a man's sport!! If you can't take a little beating then you shouldn't be in this sport!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] Little beating?! You ambushed the man from behind then Piledrove his spine into the mat!! [B]Billy Graham[/B]: Yeah, yeah, details aside...if Tony Atlas can't compete in the Arm Wrestling Contest then he obviously will be forced to foriet. And that means that I am the strongest man in the WWF!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Well I hate to break it to you but I just got word from Tony Atlas himself that he will be back next week to compete in the Arm Wrestling Contest!! [B]Billy Graham[/B]: What?! How can that be?! I just Piledrove him into China!! That's insane!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: You don't sound so sure of yourself now Mr. Graham... [B]Billy Graham[/B]: Shutup!! Outta my way I have to get ready!! [COLOR="blue"]Billy Graham shoves Lord Alfred Hayes out of the way and storms off camera. Alfred stumbles forward but regains himself.[/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Next week, "Superstar" Billy Graham will take on "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas in an Arm Wrestling Contest. It will surely be one for the ages. Back to you gentlemen... [B]Segement Rating: B+[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Back to the announcers table with Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: That's surely one match you do not want to miss!! [B][U]$5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Freddie Blassie and Big John Studd walk out. They walk down the enterance ramp and steps inside of the ring. Freddie Blassie grabs a microphone from the ring announcer.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: Listen up all of you pencil neck geeks!! It's time for the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge. The rules are simple, my Giant, Big John Studd, will be putting up $5,000 to anyone who can Body Slam him in the center of the ring. We don't care who you are or what you've done, anyone and everyone can accept the challenge. Now hit the music and bring out the next loser!! [COLOR="blue"]George "The Animal" Steele walks out. He makes his way down to ringside and steps inside of the ring. Blassie and Studd look over Steele and begin to laugh.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: You're accepting the challenge?! Hahaha!! Let me make this clear before the bell rings, I am in noway responsible for what my Giant does to you during the challenge. Hit the bell... [COLOR="blue"]Blassie steps out of the ring while a referee calls for the bell to start the match.[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BigJohnStudd1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/GeorgeSteele1.jpg[/IMG] $5,000 Body Slam Challenge Big John Studd vs George Steele[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-George Steele attempts to Body Slam Studd but he's unable to. -Studd nails Steele across the back then hits him across the face with a Big Boot. -Big John Studd picks up the lifeless Steele and hits a Big Slam then pins him for the 3 count[/I]. [B]Big John Studd defeated George Steele in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge B+[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Freddie Blassie steps back inside of the ring with a microphone[/COLOR]. [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: Hahaha!! It seems that just about anyone thinks that they can take my $5,000. I think it's time we send out a message to everyone in the back that's planning on accepting the challenge. Studd, rip him apart!! [COLOR="blue"]Big John Studd lifts George Steele up on his shoulders and nails him with another Slam.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: Hahahaaha!! Slam him again!! [COLOR="blue"]Studd picks up Steele's limp body for another Slam when Andre the Giant walks out. Studd sees him and drops Steele. Andre steps inside of the ring and stands toe-to-toe with Studd. Freddie Blassie pulls Studd away and tells him to walk away. Big John Studd and Freddie Blassie walk to the back leaving Andre The Giant standing tall inside of the ring[/COLOR]. [B]Segment Rating: B+[/B] [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: Andre the Giant and Big John Studd looked like they were ready to rip each other apart!! [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] There's bad blood brewing between these two Giants!! [B][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/Sika1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/Afa1.jpg[/IMG] vs [SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/JulesStrongbow1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/ChiefJayStrongbow3.jpg[/IMG] Wild Samoans vs The Strongbows[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-The Samoans ambush The Strongbows from behind before the bell rang. -Afa and Sika isolate Jules Strongbow away from his corner, nearly beating him into a pulp. -Strong bow dodges an attack from Sika and tags out to Chief Jay Strongbow. -Jay Strongbow hits some impressive clothesline and Chops but eventualy gets double teamed. -The match spills outside of the ring. All 4 men brawl around ringside leaving the referee no choice but to count both teams out.[/I] [B]The Wild Samoans and The Strongbows fought to a Double Countout in 9:47. B[/B] [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: What an intense matchup, Vince!! [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: It seems that this war between these two teams is far from being over!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: You may be right. But right now it's time for our WWF Heavyweight Championship main event... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head down to ringside.... [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BobBacklund3.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RayStevens2.jpg[/IMG] WWF World Heavyweight Championship Bob Backlund(c) vs Ray Stevens[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Great back and forth wrestling by both men to kick off the match. -Ray Stevens gets the upperhand and gets some near falls. -Stevens attempts a Suplex but Backlund blocks it and locks in his Crossface Chickenwing. -Ray Stevens is just about ready to Tap-Out when Jimmy Snuka runs in and attacks Backlund from behind. The referee calls for a DQ[/I]. [B]Bob Backlund defeated Ray Stevens in 7:38 by DQ when Jimmy Snuka ran in and attacked Backlund. B+[/B] [B][U]The Beating of a Champion[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Ray Stevens and Jimmy Snuka double team the Champion. Ray Stevens holds Backlund down while Snuka climbs to the Top Rope and hits a Superfly Splash. Snuka, Stevens and Captain Lou Albano celebrate their attack[/COLOR]. [B]Segment Rating: B+[/B] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: I can't believe it!! Jimmy Snuka and Captain Lou Albano just ruined this terrific match!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: But whats most important, Vince, is that our Heavyweight Champion has been attacked. Hopefully he isn't injured and forced to vacate his championship... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: We'll update everyone at home when we get more information on the situation. But right now we're outta time. Thank you for joining us, goodnight!! [B][SIZE="4"]Final Rating: B+[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]WWF Championship Wrestling live at the Alumni Hall infront of 5,000 people[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]Introduction[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon are at the announcers table.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Welcome everyone to another installment of WWF "Championship Wrestling"!! I'm Vince McMahon along with my broadcast partner Gorilla Monsoon. [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: We're in for one great event tonight, Vince. [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] We sure are. Tonight we'll be treated to a WWF Heavyweight Championship main event match between the reigning champion, Bob Backlund, and "The Crippler" Ray Stevens!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] Wow!! I can't wait but right now lets head to the ring for our opening bout between the Rocky Johnson and a man making his WWF debut tonight, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine!! [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RockyJohnson1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/GregValentine2.jpg[/IMG] Rocky Johnson vs Greg Valentine[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Rocky Johnson gets some quick offensive moves in. -The Soulman misses a dropkick and gets nailed by a Elbowdrop from Valentine. -Greg Valentine pounds and ground Rocky Johnson for most of the mid-match. -Rocky starts fighting back and nails Valentine with some clothesline. Johnson backdrops Valentine over his head and signals for a Slam. -Valentine blocks the slam and hits a Hammer-like blow across his back. -Valentine applies the Figure Four Leglock and forces The Soulman to tap out.[/I] [B]Greg Valentine defeated Rocky Johnson in 10:03 by pinfall with a Figure Four Leglock. A[/B] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: A very impressive debut for "The Hammer"!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: It seems that he's going to have a bright future here in the World Wrestling Federation!! [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head to the back where Lord Alfred Hayes is standing by with "Superstar" Billy Graham... [B][U]Backstage Interview with Billy Graham[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Lord Alfred Hayes is standing backstage beside Billy Graham. [/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Thank you gentlemen. I'm here with "Superstar" Billy Graham, a man who just last week challenged "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas to an Arm Wrestling Contest. Well just a few days ago during a LIVE WWF Event, Tony Atlas accepted your challenge and you ambushed him from behind!! What do you have to say for yourself?! [B]Billy Graham[/B]: You see Alfred, Wrestling is a man's sport!! If you can't take a little beating then you shouldn't be in this sport!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] Little beating?! You ambushed the man from behind then Piledrove his spine into the mat!! [B]Billy Graham[/B]: Yeah, yeah, details aside...if Tony Atlas can't compete in the Arm Wrestling Contest then he obviously will be forced to foriet. And that means that I am the strongest man in the WWF!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Well I hate to break it to you but I just got word from Tony Atlas himself that he will be back next week to compete in the Arm Wrestling Contest!! [B]Billy Graham[/B]: What?! How can that be?! I just Piledrove him into China!! That's insane!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: You don't sound so sure of yourself now Mr. Graham... [B]Billy Graham[/B]: Shutup!! Outta my way I have to get ready!! [COLOR="blue"]Billy Graham shoves Lord Alfred Hayes out of the way and storms off camera. Alfred stumbles forward but regains himself.[/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Next week, "Superstar" Billy Graham will take on "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas in an Arm Wrestling Contest. It will surely be one for the ages. Back to you gentlemen... [B]Segement Rating: B+[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Back to the announcers table with Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: That's surely one match you do not want to miss!! [B][U]$5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Freddie Blassie and Big John Studd walk out. They walk down the enterance ramp and steps inside of the ring. Freddie Blassie grabs a microphone from the ring announcer.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: Listen up all of you pencil neck geeks!! It's time for the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge. The rules are simple, my Giant, Big John Studd, will be putting up $5,000 to anyone who can Body Slam him in the center of the ring. We don't care who you are or what you've done, anyone and everyone can accept the challenge. Now hit the music and bring out the next loser!! [COLOR="blue"]George "The Animal" Steele walks out. He makes his way down to ringside and steps inside of the ring. Blassie and Studd look over Steele and begin to laugh.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: You're accepting the challenge?! Hahaha!! Let me make this clear before the bell rings, I am in noway responsible for what my Giant does to you during the challenge. Hit the bell... [COLOR="blue"]Blassie steps out of the ring while a referee calls for the bell to start the match.[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BigJohnStudd1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/GeorgeSteele1.jpg[/IMG] $5,000 Body Slam Challenge Big John Studd vs George Steele[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-George Steele attempts to Body Slam Studd but he's unable to. -Studd nails Steele across the back then hits him across the face with a Big Boot. -Big John Studd picks up the lifeless Steele and hits a Big Slam then pins him for the 3 count[/I]. [B]Big John Studd defeated George Steele in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge B+[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Freddie Blassie steps back inside of the ring with a microphone[/COLOR]. [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: Hahaha!! It seems that just about anyone thinks that they can take my $5,000. I think it's time we send out a message to everyone in the back that's planning on accepting the challenge. Studd, rip him apart!! [COLOR="blue"]Big John Studd lifts George Steele up on his shoulders and nails him with another Slam.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: Hahahaaha!! Slam him again!! [COLOR="blue"]Studd picks up Steele's limp body for another Slam when Andre the Giant walks out. Studd sees him and drops Steele. Andre steps inside of the ring and stands toe-to-toe with Studd. Freddie Blassie pulls Studd away and tells him to walk away. Big John Studd and Freddie Blassie walk to the back leaving Andre The Giant standing tall inside of the ring[/COLOR]. [B]Segment Rating: B+[/B] [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: Andre the Giant and Big John Studd looked like they were ready to rip each other apart!! [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] There's bad blood brewing between these two Giants!! [B][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/Sika1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/Afa1.jpg[/IMG] vs [SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/JulesStrongbow1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/ChiefJayStrongbow3.jpg[/IMG] Wild Samoans vs The Strongbows[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-The Samoans ambush The Strongbows from behind before the bell rang. -Afa and Sika isolate Jules Strongbow away from his corner, nearly beating him into a pulp. -Strong bow dodges an attack from Sika and tags out to Chief Jay Strongbow. -Jay Strongbow hits some impressive clothesline and Chops but eventualy gets double teamed. -The match spills outside of the ring. All 4 men brawl around ringside leaving the referee no choice but to count both teams out.[/I] [B]The Wild Samoans and The Strongbows fought to a Double Countout in 9:47. B[/B] [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: What an intense matchup, Vince!! [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: It seems that this war between these two teams is far from being over!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: You may be right. But right now it's time for our WWF Heavyweight Championship main event... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head down to ringside.... [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BobBacklund3.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RayStevens2.jpg[/IMG] WWF World Heavyweight Championship Bob Backlund(c) vs Ray Stevens[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Great back and forth wrestling by both men to kick off the match. -Ray Stevens gets the upperhand and gets some near falls. -Stevens attempts a Suplex but Backlund blocks it and locks in his Crossface Chickenwing. -Ray Stevens is just about ready to Tap-Out when Jimmy Snuka runs in and attacks Backlund from behind. The referee calls for a DQ[/I]. [B]Bob Backlund defeated Ray Stevens in 7:38 by DQ when Jimmy Snuka ran in and attacked Backlund. B+[/B] [B][U]The Beating of a Champion[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Ray Stevens and Jimmy Snuka double team the Champion. Ray Stevens holds Backlund down while Snuka climbs to the Top Rope and hits a Superfly Splash. Snuka, Stevens and Captain Lou Albano celebrate their attack[/COLOR]. [B]Segment Rating: B+[/B] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: I can't believe it!! Jimmy Snuka and Captain Lou Albano just ruined this terrific match!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: But whats most important, Vince, is that our Heavyweight Champion has been attacked. Hopefully he isn't injured and forced to vacate his championship... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: We'll update everyone at home when we get more information on the situation. But right now we're outta time. Thank you for joining us, goodnight!! [B][SIZE="4"]Final Rating: B+[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, January 1983(Signings)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-World Wrestling Federation has just signed Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch to the roster. Both men are scheduled to appear in the near future. [/COLOR] [B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]All Japan Pro Wrestling[/B][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] -AJPW held "Puroresu Chukei" at the Numazu City Gymnasium, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Okuma, Chavo & Rocky defeated Hara, Dragon & Kojika C Takashi Ishikawa & Akio Sato defeated Goro & Fuchi to retain the All Asia Tag Titles C+ Mill Mascaras defeated Umanosuke Ueda B Jumbo Tsuruta defeated Bruiser Brody B+[/COLOR][/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B[/B] [B]Stampede Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-Stampede Wrestling held an event at the War Memorial Gym, infront of 865 people. Here are the results... Steve DiSalvo defeated Ron Ritchie C- Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito defeated Lethal Larry & Machine to retain the Tag Titles C- Bruce Hart defeated Bad News Allen to retain the British Commonwealth Heavyweight Title C- Mongolian Stomper defeated Dynamite Kid C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C[/B] [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-MACW held "MACW in Your Town!" at the William H. Pitt Center, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Srgt. Slaughter defeated Randy Mulkey C+ George South defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. E Wahoo McDaniel & J. Youngblood defeated Kabuki & King Kong Mosca C The Briscoe Brothers defeated The Assassians C+ Don Kernoodle defeated Mark Youngblood D Rufus R. Jones & Bugsy McGraw defeated Russian Nightmare & Prvt. Nelson to retain the MACW US Tag Titles C- Harley Race defeated Ricky Steamboat B Ric Flair defeated Ivan Koloff to retain the NWA Heavyweight title B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, January 1983(Signings)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-World Wrestling Federation has just signed Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch to the roster. Both men are scheduled to appear in the near future. [/COLOR] [B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]All Japan Pro Wrestling[/B][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] -AJPW held "Puroresu Chukei" at the Numazu City Gymnasium, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Okuma, Chavo & Rocky defeated Hara, Dragon & Kojika C Takashi Ishikawa & Akio Sato defeated Goro & Fuchi to retain the All Asia Tag Titles C+ Mill Mascaras defeated Umanosuke Ueda B Jumbo Tsuruta defeated Bruiser Brody B+[/COLOR][/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B[/B] [B]Stampede Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-Stampede Wrestling held an event at the War Memorial Gym, infront of 865 people. Here are the results... Steve DiSalvo defeated Ron Ritchie C- Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito defeated Lethal Larry & Machine to retain the Tag Titles C- Bruce Hart defeated Bad News Allen to retain the British Commonwealth Heavyweight Title C- Mongolian Stomper defeated Dynamite Kid C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C[/B] [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-MACW held "MACW in Your Town!" at the William H. Pitt Center, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Srgt. Slaughter defeated Randy Mulkey C+ George South defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. E Wahoo McDaniel & J. Youngblood defeated Kabuki & King Kong Mosca C The Briscoe Brothers defeated The Assassians C+ Don Kernoodle defeated Mark Youngblood D Rufus R. Jones & Bugsy McGraw defeated Russian Nightmare & Prvt. Nelson to retain the MACW US Tag Titles C- Harley Race defeated Ricky Steamboat B Ric Flair defeated Ivan Koloff to retain the NWA Heavyweight title B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Thursday, Week 2, 1983(Signings)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-World Wrestling Federation has just signed Road Warrior Animal & Hawk, Rick Martel, Phil LaFon & Raymond Rougeau to the roster. All 5 men are set to debut in the near future. [/COLOR] [B][U]Thursday, Week 2, 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]Mid-South Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-MSW held an event at the Tucker Colliseum, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Lord Homongous defeated Blade Runner Sting E Robert Gibson defeated Jim Neidhart C- Junkyard Dog & Mr. Wrestling II defeated Hacksaw Duggan & Ted DiBiase B Matt Borne defeated Magnum T.A. C[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Thursday, Week 2, 1983(Signings)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-World Wrestling Federation has just signed Road Warrior Animal & Hawk, Rick Martel, Phil LaFon & Raymond Rougeau to the roster. All 5 men are set to debut in the near future. [/COLOR] [B][U]Thursday, Week 2, 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]Mid-South Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-MSW held an event at the Tucker Colliseum, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Lord Homongous defeated Blade Runner Sting E Robert Gibson defeated Jim Neidhart C- Junkyard Dog & Mr. Wrestling II defeated Hacksaw Duggan & Ted DiBiase B Matt Borne defeated Magnum T.A. C[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Thursday, Week 2, 1983(House Show Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF In Your Neighborhood[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "In Your Neighborhood" live at the Asbury Park Converntion Hall. Here's the current scheduled lineup... [B]Singles Match[/B] Bruno Sammartino takes on The Masked Superstar [B]Tag Team Action[/B] Dick Murdoch & Don Muraco face the team of Tito Santana & Ivan Putski [B]Singles Match[/B] Greg "The Hammer" Valentine vs Rick Martel [B]WWF World Heavyweight Championship Re-Match Jimmy Snuka & Captain Lou Albano are Banned from Ringside[/B] Bob Backlund defends his Championship against "The Cripper" Ray Stevens[/COLOR] plus much much more!![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Thursday, Week 2, 1983(House Show Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF In Your Neighborhood[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "In Your Neighborhood" live at the Asbury Park Converntion Hall. Here's the current scheduled lineup... [B]Singles Match[/B] Bruno Sammartino takes on The Masked Superstar [B]Tag Team Action[/B] Dick Murdoch & Don Muraco face the team of Tito Santana & Ivan Putski [B]Singles Match[/B] Greg "The Hammer" Valentine vs Rick Martel [B]WWF World Heavyweight Championship Re-Match Jimmy Snuka & Captain Lou Albano are Banned from Ringside[/B] Bob Backlund defends his Championship against "The Cripper" Ray Stevens[/COLOR] plus much much more!![/CENTER]

Archived