How Many of Your Are New?

I just discovered the TEW series about two weeks ago. I was this close to buying 2005 when I stumbled across 2007. I've played the 2005 1 month demo a dozen times and I just cant wait to play 2007. I was just wondering if anyone else on the boards is new to the TEW series. From what I've seen so far it's one of the greatest simulation games out there. Many of the downloadable simulation games seem to be to easy and unless you are trying to fail you wont. TEW appears to actually have some difficulty to it. Has anyone in here started with the smallest federation size and very little money and made it to the top? I plan on attempting that. Also does anyone have any in game advice for a nebie like myself?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome aboard :) And, to answer your question; I started a game in TEW05 with MAW, the smallest promotion there is (Local, US), and got it to International or something, and then lost interest. But my advice to you is that you shouldn't start your first game as a small promotion. I'd recommed DAVE, Cult size Hardcore promotion (or atleast in 05 it was :P) and learn the basics, and really getting to know the game and all the important things. And even before that, read all the manuals, "Read me's" and guides that are found in the folder of the game. That helps a lot, 'cause you know the things beforehand before starting a game. From my point of view, 07 is a lot complex and harder, so all of us "old ones" should really get to know the new features and stuff properly also.

Welcome aboard :) And, to answer your question; I started a game in TEW05 with MAW, the smallest promotion there is (Local, US), and got it to International or something, and then lost interest. But my advice to you is that you shouldn't start your first game as a small promotion. I'd recommed DAVE, Cult size Hardcore promotion (or atleast in 05 it was :P) and learn the basics, and really getting to know the game and all the important things. And even before that, read all the manuals, "Read me's" and guides that are found in the folder of the game. That helps a lot, 'cause you know the things beforehand before starting a game. From my point of view, 07 is a lot complex and harder, so all of us "old ones" should really get to know the new features and stuff properly also.

I would aggree with FINisher, outside that I did exactly what Eric wants to do when I first started with it. I started with EWR, the free version, and found this forum through a link in the EWR Forums. After figuring out exactly what TEW was, and playing the demo through a couple times (can only do one month), I bought the 2005 version, and this is the only version I have played of the TEW series. You can definatly see the similarities between EWR and TEW though, however, TEW allows a whole lot more controll of "How" everything is done. 2007 is going to even get deeper, and yet, better. My only advice is to learn to have alot of patience, if your really going to attempt the local size to global size conquest of the game. I tried and got bored before I made it to National, so.... I never was able to get a written contract in my game. You can only get written contracts (and for me, this is alot cheaper), at National level or above. Local, Small, regional and Cult won't let you sign anyone to a written contract. It take years (in game years) to go up the ladder. You cannot have house shows untill you have at least 10 workers on your roster (active wrestlers), with written contracts (thus my concern about written contracts). So start in one place, and just keep building in that one area till your at or close to regional size. Then go around the country (your promotions homelands) and build up your popularity till your at cult level. Somewhere in there get a TV Deal. Sign smaller contracts with smaller stations untill you are really over in your own country. Then I would look at a bigger network with larger audience's (doesn't have to be bigger, just have more then one country watching it). Get a PPV contract as soon as possible too, and make sure you check where they are seen at... I believe you can get multiple deals for different regions, but I haven't succeeded in doing this, as I kept going for the biggest one I could get. Mainly, just don't get attached to workers till you can get written contracts on them, and even then.... Don't let them push you around, there are too many "willing" workers out there, and you don't have to take crap, lol. If your having a real problem with any of them, and they have good overness.. Just JOB them out to the rest of the roster to help out the rising stars. Patience though, is key. I started playing a few months ago, and the only thing that stops me from playing alot more then I do now, is the anticipation of the new 2007 model coming out.

I would aggree with FINisher, outside that I did exactly what Eric wants to do when I first started with it. I started with EWR, the free version, and found this forum through a link in the EWR Forums. After figuring out exactly what TEW was, and playing the demo through a couple times (can only do one month), I bought the 2005 version, and this is the only version I have played of the TEW series. You can definatly see the similarities between EWR and TEW though, however, TEW allows a whole lot more controll of "How" everything is done. 2007 is going to even get deeper, and yet, better. My only advice is to learn to have alot of patience, if your really going to attempt the local size to global size conquest of the game. I tried and got bored before I made it to National, so.... I never was able to get a written contract in my game. You can only get written contracts (and for me, this is alot cheaper), at National level or above. Local, Small, regional and Cult won't let you sign anyone to a written contract. It take years (in game years) to go up the ladder. You cannot have house shows untill you have at least 10 workers on your roster (active wrestlers), with written contracts (thus my concern about written contracts). So start in one place, and just keep building in that one area till your at or close to regional size. Then go around the country (your promotions homelands) and build up your popularity till your at cult level. Somewhere in there get a TV Deal. Sign smaller contracts with smaller stations untill you are really over in your own country. Then I would look at a bigger network with larger audience's (doesn't have to be bigger, just have more then one country watching it). Get a PPV contract as soon as possible too, and make sure you check where they are seen at... I believe you can get multiple deals for different regions, but I haven't succeeded in doing this, as I kept going for the biggest one I could get. Mainly, just don't get attached to workers till you can get written contracts on them, and even then.... Don't let them push you around, there are too many "willing" workers out there, and you don't have to take crap, lol. If your having a real problem with any of them, and they have good overness.. Just JOB them out to the rest of the roster to help out the rising stars. Patience though, is key. I started playing a few months ago, and the only thing that stops me from playing alot more then I do now, is the anticipation of the new 2007 model coming out.

If you want advice on the game, a good place to start is this thread: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12323[/url] specifically read the Unofficial FAQ and the thread called the Bigger Picture. My advice would be to start with a hybrid / pure / cutting edge promotion, because you can then get used to how to put good shows together without having to worry too much about any angles or storylines.

If you want advice on the game, a good place to start is this thread: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12323[/url] specifically read the Unofficial FAQ and the thread called the Bigger Picture. My advice would be to start with a hybrid / pure / cutting edge promotion, because you can then get used to how to put good shows together without having to worry too much about any angles or storylines.

I started on EWR 4 and was hooked. But I only played the demo for TEW04 and bought TEW05 and I love that game. I have it in the background as a I speak...or type. Since TEW07 will be coded over TEW05, I wonder if it will be a little easier to get used to it, rather than going to a completely new game.

I started on EWR 4 and was hooked. But I only played the demo for TEW04 and bought TEW05 and I love that game. I have it in the background as a I speak...or type. Since TEW07 will be coded over TEW05, I wonder if it will be a little easier to get used to it, rather than going to a completely new game.

[QUOTE=Travis;159385]Since TEW07 will be coded over TEW05, I wonder if it will be a little easier to get used to it, rather than going to a completely new game.[/QUOTE] Hmm. I'd compare TEW05 -> TEW07 like.. a man who had a penis enlargement surgery. :D It's not a new toy, but it's bigger, badder and better ;)

[QUOTE=Travis;159385]Since TEW07 will be coded over TEW05, I wonder if it will be a little easier to get used to it, rather than going to a completely new game.[/QUOTE] Hmm. I'd compare TEW05 -> TEW07 like.. a man who had a penis enlargement surgery. :D It's not a new toy, but it's bigger, badder and better ;)

[QUOTE=FINisher;159391]Hmm. I'd compare TEW05 -> TEW07 like.. a man who had a penis enlargement surgery. :D It's not a new toy, but it's bigger, badder and better ;)[/QUOTE] And it's going to hurt when you pee. Anyway. I've been around for a bit now (since EW9000, actually). I chalk it up to an abundance of free time and an obsession for strategy games as well as wrestling. Over the years, I've learned way more about the industry than I thought I ever would; it's made it hard to enjoy the product to a point (especially the product widely available to us 'mericans), but that's just like going to music school and having trouble being musically creative. Trust me, I would know. I don't talk much, but I remember what everybody's said (or at least the general tone of it). I also love parentheses and long walks on the beach. Er.. the "shoreline" of the Chatfield Reservoir is the closest thing I have to a beach, but. ARGH. Surely you [i]get the idea[/i]. And that's my history sans the part about how I was born in a nuclear waste dump, giving me the power to type quickly and spell with astonishing accuracy, making me... [I]THOMNIPOTENT!!![/I] I'm done now, I promise.

[QUOTE=FINisher;159391]Hmm. I'd compare TEW05 -> TEW07 like.. a man who had a penis enlargement surgery. :D It's not a new toy, but it's bigger, badder and better ;)[/QUOTE] And it's going to hurt when you pee. Anyway. I've been around for a bit now (since EW9000, actually). I chalk it up to an abundance of free time and an obsession for strategy games as well as wrestling. Over the years, I've learned way more about the industry than I thought I ever would; it's made it hard to enjoy the product to a point (especially the product widely available to us 'mericans), but that's just like going to music school and having trouble being musically creative. Trust me, I would know. I don't talk much, but I remember what everybody's said (or at least the general tone of it). I also love parentheses and long walks on the beach. Er.. the "shoreline" of the Chatfield Reservoir is the closest thing I have to a beach, but. ARGH. Surely you [i]get the idea[/i]. And that's my history sans the part about how I was born in a nuclear waste dump, giving me the power to type quickly and spell with astonishing accuracy, making me... [I]THOMNIPOTENT!!![/I] I'm done now, I promise.

Archived