How Many of Your Are New?

I Have been playing Adam's games for a long, long time. The earliest one i played was during his 'rivalry' with promotion wars - can't remember which one it was. I never posted on the forums back then though, neither did i post on .400 studios, despite owning TEW04. I like so many others only post when i feel it is appropriate, ok, that might be a half truth, but for you newbit types these forums arew fantastic, i suggest you hang-around there are lots of intelligent, opinionated, mature people on here (and me!) :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=panix04;159972] i suggest you hang-around there are lots of intelligent, opinionated, mature people on here (and me!) :D[/QUOTE] Oh come on Panix, you're...............ummmm.............:confused:...............opinionated :D Anyway back on topic, I've only been here since the beginning of this year. I've never played any of Adam's other games and only heard about this game while in a SVR 2006 forum. I hated SVR's GM mode and another poster pointed out just how superior this game was to it, so I decided to check it out and I've been hooked ever since. Only advice I could add, would be to read the FAQ, it's incredibly helpful.

I started playing EWR and it was the greatest (Well the only) wrestling game on the internet, which helped me decide to buy TEW 04 and then 05, if you want to play the real world then there are plenty of downloads available on the mods forum. Adam is a legend for making these games, I cannot tell you how many hours I have locked myself away to forget about studying and stress of things to play another chapter in long running TEW game.

I was first hipped to Adam's games as a result of being a big fan of the titles .400 hosted. Couldn't find the time or desire to play offline games (I'm an MMO connoisseur) but did when I found out about WreSpi1. Played that for about a month or so then got TEW, which sat on my hard drive untouched for a while. Client meeting in San Fran led to me being taken to an APW show which got me interested in wrestling again. Then he gave me a tape (VHS even!) of Manami Toyota vs Kyoko Inoue. I was RUINED from then on. Dusted off TEW and tried to play a game as WWE but lost interest after like 20 mins. Seemed like you had to actually TRY to FAIL in order to do so. So I went with the Cornellverse and ran AAA. Several hundred DVDs/VHS tapes later, I modified bobinc's women's mod and merged it with the Cornellverse and been playing that ever since. I'm probably the odd member of the regulars here. I'm a SHIMMER fanboi and so I only play primarily women's promotions, I don't care about "real world" stuff, and I get more enjoyment from creating stars than signing them ready-made. I've dissected 05 and learned the "nuts & bolts" about as much as I can, practically speaking so I'm looking forward to 07 so I can do the same thing. :)

TEW 05 would be the first for me. I found out about this game through a link at gamespot.com. I found EWR through this board so I played that a bit as well. to add my two cents to this c-verse vs. real world battle played real world when I started out just to get a feel for the game. As for now even though its cool to play as with real guys most of the mods make it everything overblown thus making interest very short for me. now I stick with c-verse because of my diary and I find it more rewarding because its more of a challenge.

I've been here since the first EWR. It was all by chance, I was looking at a thread on... I think it was the GameWinners forums (man...) and someone said "Which do you think is better, this or EWR?" on the current Smackdown! game of the time. I clicked in confused and left excited when people said "You can't compare you idiot, ones a vs. game the other is a federation running sim!" I did a quick search where I ended up on the EWB boards and then I was hooked ever since. I'd love to know the tally of how many hours I've spent playing Ryland Wrestling Sims.... it must be a scary number!

[QUOTE=Cold Cobra;160733]I'd love to know the tally of how many hours I've spent playing Ryland Wrestling Sims.... it must be a scary number![/QUOTE] I remember 1 time i spend 36 hours straight playing EWR and went threw 2 and a half year of game time, sent from a small promotion to Cult. I lost money for the first year but after that i started making about 10,000 a month.

For a while I battled between Promotion Wars and EW9000. I remember the hype surrounding the first EWR. It was insane. Everyone was so excited about it. I remember feeling like a little kid waiting for Christmas. The day it came out I set my alarm for like 4 a.m to download it, and I played from 4 until I went to school at 8. It was cool though, because I was at home by 11 when I got suspended for three days for giving my teacher the finger when she woke me up after I fell asleep in class....I still remember that day. So yeah I've around since the 'Glory Days' of EW. I still occasionally play EWR, as aside from WWF No Mercy for the N64, it is my favourite game of all time.

TEW 05 for me. Having gone onto a Crystal Palace messageboard someone posted the link and I had a look. Downloaded the trial version and failed in two games (didn't actually go to sleep that night!) Was at the point of giving up on the game when I read through a couple of the dynasties (mainly Canadian Classic Wrestling) and from that moment on I was hooked. Spent weeks trying to get good enough at the game to write a diary of my own and it was so much fun (even though people lost interest in it)

I'm new to TEW. I read a review on Gamespot about Smackdown Vs Raw 2007, and I like the GM mode from 06 (although I thought it could be done so much better), so I was eager to find out what the new GM mode was like. The reviewer said there were better wrestling management games on line, so I Googled it and found Adam's games. I dowloaded TEW 05 and Wrestling Spirit 2 demo versions. TEW seems much better, as Spirit just seems too random (how many friends do [I]you[/I] make by paying them to play cards.) Has promise, but needs a few more years development before I'll buy the full version. TEW 05 really got my interested and it is so frustrating to find that there is a new edition to the series due soon. I WANT TO PLAY IT NOW :o So, in the meantime I've found and downloaded EWR and am having fun on that, although it's not as in depth as what I've played of TEW 05. One thing I like from EWR that isn't in TEW is the internet reports. I hope they make a return in 07. From what I've seen TEW it's the wrestling worlds Football Manager (World Soccer Manager if you're american). Depth and adiction. Is there a release date for TEW 07 yet? or is it still vaguely 4th quarter of 06?

December has been stated - but that's anything from ten days to six weeks off... Adam said that screenshots were a few weeks off, a week or so back - usually it's a while beforehand, but this one seems to have so many new features, it's not surprising that it's taking time to update it all. I have a gut feeling that we're looking at a December 14th release for the demo - and the full version a week later. But I could be very wrong there. As for me, I've been playing EW games since EWD 9000. In my final year of my undergrad degree, a columnist over at 1wrestling.com mentioned TNM7. I wasn't impressed, but found Promotion Wars. I favoured that over the EW games of the time, but with EWR's release in the summer of 2002, I moved over to Adam's side. That's over five years now, one way or another :eek:

I've been playing since EWR 3.0, and played EWR 4.2 religiously from it's release until a couple of months ago. I tried out the TEW 04 demo when it came out, and for some reason it just didn't click for me, I just didn't like it, I still don't know why. But a couple of months ago I checked out the 05 demo and got hooked, I just had to buy the game. So I did. And then, I looked at the boards and saw that 07 was due for release at the end of the year and nearly cried.

Archived