Nice game, will there be a Wrestling Spirit 3?

This is a nice game. I have to give it up to you Adam Ryland it's definatly worth the price I paid for it, because this is a game that takes patience to beat, I'm talking months and months to make your way from a rookie to a legend. I was wondering will there be a Wrestling Spirit 3? I bet you can add a ton more brilliant ideas.

i only think there is a small core of fans cos of the lack of real world updates. i would love to see WS3, but as others have said what else cud u put in? i just got SD! vs RAW 2007 and i get so frustrated on Xbox Live with all the varients of huge muscular guys with tribal tatoos with all stats up to 10 for everything, it always makes me want to play WS2 so ive started playing as Finlay in DOTT :)

Well if you look at the WreSpi 2 forum section, there's just few replies on each topic. And topic views are all below 1000.. whereas TEW2007. Well, you know. I guess the game just didn't work (WreSpi2) with the wrestling fans. I mean the game works perfectly, but something just didn't click. I guess the game began repeating itself, and there was not enough things to do. Plus, people wanted a different view on the subject, i.e being able to do promos, angles and storylines, backstage politics and stuff like that.

the S.v.R. series is the reason why this game has not picked up a huge fanbase in my opinion. When trying to play a game that centers around leading a wrestler through the game, (s.v.r. or wrespi) I strongly think the visual aspect helps alot, because a player can actually see the character they are using on screen (helps some feel like they are in the game). For me without visuals it becomes very obvious that all I am doing is clicking a mouse to select a move and after a while that gets old. just my thoughts

i think if the game was slightly more storyline driven it might be cool, ala the season mode on HCTP, sure it was all text based but it was by far the best seasons mode that smackdown has offered. Choosing friends should determine your alignment, feuds should be random and happen because someone attacks you, and you have the option to attack them. It would be cool to see the series take a new direction rather than ending, but if its not bringing home the bacon, i guess its not worth the effort!

Personally, I have played WreSpi2 a lot, and most of the time I've been wishing to be able to do things that are more TEW-related. My wrestling gaming dream would be a sort of integration of WreSpi or an evolution of it into TEW. Let me at least dream :cool: !

That's really too bad, but I suppose it is understandable from a commercial viewpoint. Wrestling Spirit is a solid Imagination-driven game with a fantastic 'fighting engine'. The calls for more graphics, TEW-tie ins, and comparisons to whatever console fodder show that too many people missed that boat. If this ends up to be a final decision, I certainly commend you for trying Adam. I honestly felt (and hoped) that WreSpi would have become a franchise. There is, after all, nothing else like it out there.

i don't think its so much a case of missing the boat, i think most of the people who want the gme to develop in these area's already own a copy and you would therefore assume tried ther demo and liked it, however just because you like a game doesn't mean you will not find things you think could be improved, or area's that could be re-worked to make it better. Thats not a slant on wrespi2 or anything, i love the concept i just feel it had so much more could be done with it! I actually think a wrespi game with a few TEW elements thrown in could be extremely cool.

Well, WS helps a lot with writing diaries. If you're not sure how to write out Kozue Kawashima versus Onji Taka****a you can wrestling spirit it out. But the main problems are... Lack of strategic options(right now you can only use money for buying stats, investments, increasing lifestyle, and buying friendships) What if you could also pay people to run into the match, bribe referees to make slow counts, etc. Hard stat caps rather than soft stat caps Not enough positions in regards to your opponent and the ring(ie. You can fight in the fans, Full guard, half guard, side control, mount, How close the opponent is to the ropes or their tag team partner, etc)

I personally love WreSpi 2 (and WreSpi 1 for that matter) and I feel that yes, there's a ton of potential with this series. The hardest part of any sort of wrestling/fighting game is making a game with a compelling fighting engine and this game definitely has that, so I think that with such a solid foundation to move forward with, someone could add some more RPG elements and other features. I wonder if maybe Adam would be interested in selling the WreSpi engine to another developer who could keep it going? I'd hate to see such a great product go to waste.

• 3 weeks later...
If I could choose between Ws and Tew I would chose Ws. I feel that some things in Ws 2 was missing bits and pieces. Like for example with friendships and how you could use them. Or misuse them. Bringing tag teams over from one promotion to another is another thing. Plus other minor things. So I think its sad that there might not be a Ws3. Because I believe that it has lots of untapped potential. Damiende

I like TEW a lot more than WS too. I loved WS1, but to be brutally honest, I played WS2 for about a week, maybe a little more soley cause of my Danny Patterson dynasty, then I just stopped. I haven't even opened it in months. I don't know, it didn't seem to have that fresh and new feel that every TEW seems to have. Granted it is less expensive and more of a side project, I'll always be a TEW man. I would imagine a lot of people didn't buy WreSpi2 cause mods take a pretty long time (Except DOTT), and current mods for WreSpi1 didn't start coming out until a few weeks, if that, before TEW05 was released. I'm not one of those people since I'm cool with the Cornellverse, but a lot of people I talk to told me that's the reason they didn't get it. Anyway, it was a cool game while it lasted. Maybe I'll whip it out once I get bored with TEW07, which will be awhile from now :P

Yeah - but thats the drag of it all. Modern fans are slackers, so no more Wrestling Spirit? ;) Hell... had I known, I would have forced myself to put out a modern set! Sure they take a long time to make (DOTT included, heh!), but it is all about the dedication you are willing to put into it. Seriously, I am hoping Adam someday rethinks the decision. The fighting engine is so darned innovative. It would be a terrible shame if it did not have the opportunity to maximize the potential that is there.

I absolutely loved Wre Spi 1 and was extremely addicted to it. I got Wre Spi 2 and something was just....missing I guess. I couldn't get into Wre Spi 2 as much no matter how hard I tried. Luckily for me, there is still TEW 07 so if Wre Spi goes away it'll be unforutante, but not terrible.

wrestling spirit 2 with dott mod is a good game, sure there is a lot more things that can be added to the game. tew07 is a great game but where else can you ddt jake roberts or just perform a moonsult from top rope and get the 3 count?.. only in ws!

Well, obviously it doesn't have all the complexity TEW has, but it's a very good game indeed. It's a pity that relationship aren't further developed: more random events, character interaction, "real" (or "kayfabed") backstage policy..that could really make the game outstanding and complete its particular feel and unique perspective. The life of a wrestler behind the stage, on the road: this is something that's so rarely referred in games. A bit more of that would make the game much more interesting, IMO. TEW has become so unbeliavably better and more complex during the years, it would be really bad if WreSpi has to stop here. I hope a new one will eventually be released... Please! :eek:

[QUOTE=MexicanMike;175116]I absolutely loved Wre Spi 1 and was extremely addicted to it. I got Wre Spi 2 and something was just....missing I guess. I couldn't get into Wre Spi 2 as much no matter how hard I tried. Luckily for me, there is still TEW 07 so if Wre Spi goes away it'll be unforutante, but not terrible.[/QUOTE] I was actually the opposite, i couldn't get into the 1st wrespi but i love the 2nd one.

im a major fan of Wrestling Spirit 2. Although it doesnt have the depth of TEW its still a great simulation. I also think it takes a lot of patience and playing around with tactics to succeed without playing witht he move editor :rolleyes: Dissapointed there isnt going to be a sequel but the database is easy enough to keep up to date with the real world.

Archived