T-Zone 2007

If you've paid $35 to play an "unofficial" update of a game, knowing full well that the main database will be fictional and the updated database could take months to produce, then you are a fu... There is no debate, no discussion and absolutely no chance of denial!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, whether anyone wants to admit it to themselves or not... that is EXACTLY why the huge majority buy the TEW games; the mods. If it wasn't and there was no editor so people COULD make real world mods I highly doubt TEW would've made it to 2005. Nobody has a right to complain about the mod makers "not working fast enough" but Adam Ryland isn't stupid... the in-game editor is what brings in the cash.

Hey just wanted to let everyone know that I finally head out tomarrow so I wont be around for about a month and a half (anyone wondering I am in the Navy). Im happy that I had a chance to test the mod out and I am confident that once the mod is released, that it will be the best Forlan has ever done. I cant wait to come back and finally get my hands on the final product. See you guys soon.

[QUOTE=still71;198472]I find it hilarious how people feel entitled to mods and get all pissy when the people doing all the hard work of creating them aren't "working fast enough" for their liking. I feel lucky that there are people out there willing to give up huge portions of their time to create mods to share with everyone else. Kudos to the mod makers! And to the guys pissing their pants and throwing temper tantrums because mods don't appear overnight, you could have and still can just convert a TEW05 mod, spend a week or so editing it to your liking, and play that until T-Zone is done. I did that a month ago. Or you can just sit back and keep complaining while others do all the work for you...[/QUOTE] I agree with you. I feel so lucky and grateful that people are actually undertaking the challenge of creating an accurate real world mod. I tried creating my own mod, iI worked for about half an hour and got frustrated and went back to playing Cornellverse. So thank you to the mod makers!

[QUOTE=The Stallion;198526]Hey just wanted to let everyone know that I finally head out tomarrow so I wont be around for about a month and a half (anyone wondering I am in the Navy). Im happy that I had a chance to test the mod out and I am confident that once the mod is released, that it will be the best Forlan has ever done. I cant wait to come back and finally get my hands on the final product. See you guys soon.[/QUOTE] Good luck mate!

[QUOTE=Doc Scurlock;198393]He could tweak the mod for the next year trying to get it perfect but the reality of the situation is someone will still find something wrong and complain about it i.e. OMG! You rated CM Punk 85 in brawling, he should be a 95 cause he is teh aWesome!!!![/QUOTE] Wrong! In order to be accurate, CM Punk needs to be given 100 in every category. I'm just kidding (at least somewhat) :D

To be honest, I could use the extra time -- I want to see how big my fed should be by now, so I'm starting it on the [I]War's End -- Invasion[/I] mod at the beginning from 15% over in the TriState area to see how far I get. So I need enough time to push through six years or thereabouts :rolleyes: . Seriously, though, thanks a lot, guys -- I could never do one-tenth of what you guys are doing without going insane.

The deal is, guys, that the original release will be the most time consuming to get it right to begin with. Follow up releases (ie updates) will be quicker to release down the road once this one is done. In other words, chill out and play another mod until its released. Like DOTT, which is a blast.

[QUOTE=Sons of Kohral;198552]I tried creating my own mod, iI worked for about half an hour and got frustrated and went back to playing Cornellverse. So thank you to the mod makers![/QUOTE] Ditto. Just making one fed of my made up people was bad enough! And Stallion, you know how I feel about you :D Good luck

[QUOTE=forlan;198462]1) I don't see why people are getting on my back, i never gave a definate release date and as mentioned it takes a backseat to said studies. 2) #How dare you Panix lol, A-Levels pfft, im at uni, and thanks to putting T-Zone away for a few days and doing some revision i achieved a first (77%) in my History of Broadcasting Exam (got the results today) 3) Anyone who knows me would know i won't give up and whenever and however, this mod will eb released (For proof see countless rela world mods for TEW04 and TEW05 from myself)[/QUOTE] Congratulations on the 1st Forlan :) *goes back to patiently waiting*

With all the people that have moaned in this thread, I think it's a miracle forlan hasn't said "screw the lot of you, I'm keeping this mod for myself, make your own". Hope I didn't just put an idea in his head :p Had a good laugh at that 100 posts thing a few pages back, nice to see a bit of humour amidst all the whinging. Personally, I'd prefer every little detail to be right [including the Affluence and whatnot] before it's released because I'm a perfectionist, so it's good to know forlan's covering all that before uploading it for the masses. I'll continue to sit patiently, waiting for the release. I'm having heaps of fun with Montreal '97, War's End, DOTT and CornellVerse anyway. Adding T-Zone to the mix is only going to add to the time I spend deciding which to play when I start up TEW! Kudos on the work.

[QUOTE=forlan;198462] 2) #How dare you Panix lol, A-Levels pfft, im at uni, and thanks to putting T-Zone away for a few days and doing some revision i achieved a first (77%) in my History of Broadcasting Exam (got the results today) [/QUOTE] You kids grow up so fast! :p i can relate to how much time a degree take's up and im only studyin part-time, unfortunatly im not getting marks around the 70% region, i am hovering around 65% currently, but 40% is a pass anyway, so it doesn't really bother me! Can i assume you are doing some kind of journalism degree? Im doing physics which has put me in a constant state of brain ache!

Ok here's a question I'm wondering. When the data is released. Will the data be released here in this thread or will Forlan open up a new thread to post it in? For people like me who have subscribed to this thread would know exactly when the data came out. But if your like me and don't check hte rest of the boards on a normal basis. A few precious days might slip by before noticing the data has been released.

Archived