Death of the Territories Preview

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
um shouldnt mid-south be cult (they had national tv for a while and were pretty big) (pretty much the 80's ecw in a way) and wwf be national.... like a low level national. glow would be national also, it was a big hit in the 80s. glow was national just like the wwe, but a dif type promotion with a far higher emphasis on entertainment and comedy wccw(world class ) should be cult list of midsouth championships # Mid-South/UWF Television Championship # Mid-South/UWF Tag Team Championship # Mid-South North American Championship # Mid-South Mississippi Championship # Mid-South Arkansas Championship # Mid-South Louisiana Championship # Mid-South Brass Knuckles Championship how long does dott go to? it would be awesome to have new wrestlers and promotions appear up til 2006 :)

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;173679]Yeah, there's a question.. will you have "future workers" like Benoit, Guerrero, Saturn, Douglas, Foley, etc. all set to debut as time rolls forward in game, D. Boon?[/QUOTE] douglous and foley wrestled in midsouth/uwf at the time as well as various other promotions

Thanks for that, dcxbox. Though I totally disagree. ;) D.O.T.T. is supposed to represent the time period right as the cable television boom was taking off. In 1983, there were no national promotions. After that, it is all about the scaling for gameplay purposes. If I set WWF as Cult, Mid-South has to be regional. ------------ So far, I've got over 150 new workers debuting up to 1988 (Foley and those goons are included - heh). I won't be going too much further, as I've no interest in 90s and beyond wrestling (so will probably butcher whatever stats I give the pups). We'll see.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;173703]Thanks for that, dcxbox. Though I totally disagree. ;) D.O.T.T. is supposed to represent the time period right as the cable television boom was taking off. In 1983, there were no national promotions. After that, it is all about the scaling for gameplay purposes. If I set WWF as Cult, Mid-South has to be regional. ------------ So far, I've got over 150 new workers debuting up to 1988 (Foley and those goons are included - heh). I won't be going too much further, as I've no interest in 90s and beyond wrestling (so will probably butcher whatever stats I give the pups). We'll see.[/QUOTE] you should go to atleast right before the monday night wars though :) anways i can understand now about what u are doing with why wwe cult and midsouth goes regional for gameplay purposes bt why g.l.o.w? they could be cult also or atleast regional. since they are the top womens fed pretty much. what about POWW it was a more wrestling based womens promotion, than glow, also owned by David B. McLane

G.L.O.W. is in for three reasons (even though they didnt start until '86-ish): 1) It irks a friend of mine - heh 2) I feel that G.L.O.W. is a perfect representation of the death of the territories... and 3) Because I'm hot for Colonel Ninotchka. :D I bumped them up to Regional awhile ago, though I failed to update the first post in this thread. I did so to help them hold onto their television deal, as testing revealed that Small promotions are doomed in that area. P.O.W.W. is included as one of the 'Future Promotions'. To replace G.L.O.W. as a U.S. Small fed, I added in Angelo Poffo's ICW promotion. Doing so helps things out in several areas: It gives younger workers another place to gain some experience, and it initally locks out Savage - unless you play as ICW. If you want Macho Man now, you'll have to crush his father's promotion. RE: The Monday Night Wars Jazz... I am not a wrestling fan, per se - which shines the 'what the hell are you doing, then' light on me in regard to working this stuff. I'm more into the nostalgia of being a fan 25 years ago - and helping someone out that I respect (Adam). If I can help people relive the nostalgia while prodding them to buy a copy or two of Adam's games, it is a win-win situation. But I stopped being a fan in the mid 80s. I've just no interest. And not to mention the fact that within a year of my scenario date starting, everything is mutated to the point where a Monday Night Wars will most likely never take place. :)

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;173726]G.L.O.W. is in for three reasons (even though they didnt start until '86-ish): 1) It irks a friend of mine - heh 2) I feel that G.L.O.W. is a perfect representation of the death of the territories... and 3) Because I'm hot for Colonel Ninotchka. :D I bumped them up to Regional awhile ago, though I failed to update the first post in this thread. I did so to help them hold onto their television deal, as testing revealed that Small promotions are doomed in that area. P.O.W.W. is included as one of the 'Future Promotions'. To replace G.L.O.W. as a U.S. Small fed, I added in Angelo Poffo's ICW promotion. Doing so helps things out in several areas: It gives younger workers another place to gain some experience, and it initally locks out Savage - unless you play as ICW. If you want Macho Man now, you'll have to crush his father's promotion. RE: The Monday Night Wars Jazz... I am not a wrestling fan, per se - which shines the 'what the hell are you doing, then' light on me in regard to working this stuff. I'm more into the nostalgia of being a fan 25 years ago - and helping someone out that I respect (Adam). If I can help people relive the nostalgia while prodding them to buy a copy or two of Adam's games, it is a win-win situation. But I stopped being a fan in the mid 80s. I've just no interest. And not to mention the fact that within a year of my scenario date starting, everything is mutated to the point where a Monday Night Wars will most likely never take place. :)[/QUOTE] why does savage have to be locked out, cause he did perform for memphis and some awa stuff :) so did his brother they were a tag team and had apretty good fued with the rocking roll express. now question will the rocking roll express start in midsouth? cause thats where they started at. what about shawn micheals? he was a jobber in midsouth

Is that the McMahon History Twist I've heard so much about? :) As a tag team, The Rock and Roll Express actually started in Memphis; individually, both had wrestled elsewhere for several years. As they were stuck behind the Fabulous Ones in Memphis, though, they weren't going anywhere. It was the talent exchange with Watts in '84 that got them their actual break. At the start of D.O.T.T., The R&R Express are active in Memphis. Ricky Morton, though, is splitting time between Memphis and Southwest Championship, where he also teams with Ken Lucas. Re: Savage... The blood relationship between Savage and his dad keeps Savage loyal to Poffo's ICW. Same with Lanny Poffo, actually. You might be able to sign Savage to a pay per appearance contract - or get him on a talent trade, if you have a Working Agreement with ICW - but nothing more than that.

Shawn Michaels actually started out wrestling in Southwest Championship if I'm not mistaken. I grew up in the 80's and absolutely LOVE the DOTT scenarios - and am very appreciative of the time spent creating them. I thought the R&R was pretty big in Memphis in 84 feuding with Savage/Poffo. Didn't they do one of the first piledriver through a table spots in that feud? Oh well - maybe I'm getting them mixed up with someone else. Can't wait to play the DOTT on TEW 2007

[QUOTE=DownNDirty;173862]Shawn Michaels actually started out wrestling in Southwest Championship if I'm not mistaken. I grew up in the 80's and absolutely LOVE the DOTT scenarios - and am very appreciative of the time spent creating them. I thought the R&R was pretty big in Memphis in 84 feuding with Savage/Poffo. Didn't they do one of the first piledriver through a table spots in that feud? Oh well - maybe I'm getting them mixed up with someone else. Can't wait to play the DOTT on TEW 2007[/QUOTE] ya you are right about the piledriver spot and hbk also i think, but shawn micheals worked for o ther promotions as well. so hes prob gonna be on a ppa deal with someone [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpAchWViq2k[/url] shawn micheals vs kamala right after kamla vs terry taylor :)

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;173726]G.L.O.W. is in for three reasons (even though they didnt start until '86-ish): 1) It irks a friend of mine - heh 2) I feel that G.L.O.W. is a perfect representation of the death of the territories... and 3) Because I'm hot for Colonel Ninotchka. :D [/QUOTE] 4. Because I would have sent him begging PM's every 2 minutes until he relented! Can't wait for this Boon, getting ready for another run at the GLOW diary...

[QUOTE=dcxbox;173881]ya you are right about the piledriver spot and hbk also i think, but shawn micheals worked for o ther promotions as well. so hes prob gonna be on a ppa deal with someone [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpAchWViq2k[/url] shawn micheals vs kamala right after kamla vs terry taylor :)[/QUOTE] Shawn Michaels has no deal, since he's still a year away from debuting.

It might be an idea to do something with the internet section. Like create a graphic that suggests that the news is from a daily sports section in a news paper, or simply backstage gossip. A small detail, but it'd be handy for that authentic, 1983 feel. Despite the amount of time that D.OT.T. took from me during TEW'05, and how close it brought me to almost failing my college course I look forward to this mod more than any other. :) CW

Archived