Death of the Territories Preview

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=kevel33;176075]The first mod that gets released is always the most played[/QUOTE] Wrong. It may be the most downloaded right away, but it isn't always the most played because it may be horrible. DOTT isn't and with T-Zone, DOTT, and everyone else taking their time we'll have some quality scenarios to play.

[QUOTE=Carter;176144]Never played a D.O.T.T. but will def give it a try upon release. Just so I know...which promotion is the future WCW that I can start with? Cheers boys.[/QUOTE] The future WCW is really a mixture of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, Georgia Championship Wrestling and I think a couple other southern indies but it is most known as Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, which you can see played out some in my diary on the TEW 2005 board. *cheap plug*

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;176147]Wrong. It may be the most downloaded right away, but it isn't always the most played because it may be horrible. DOTT isn't and with T-Zone, DOTT, and everyone else taking their time we'll have some quality scenarios to play.[/QUOTE] Spot on, I dislike the wait for DOTT as much as the next person as I loved last years version but at the same time I appreciate that it is not being rushed out and extra time is being put into it that will make it that little bit better when it finally is released. Last years DOTT was the most absorbing mod I have played on any game so the day this new version of the mod is released will be a great one, no matter when that day comes. Good things come to those who wait :)

DOTT is definitely worth the wait and a must-play for any old-school fans. Without question it was the most engrossing mod I'd ever played, definitely a blast. Well, until about 1986 and then, you know...the Death of the Territories really starts to happen. Pray that you have a company that is at least National, because you will get absolutely cleaned out by the big 3 (MACW, AWA, WWF). Tough (but fun) to rebuild when anyone worth a damn is locked up by contract or is working 3 territories.

I usually only play Cornellverse, but DOTT is the exception I make! The attention to detail makes it a blast and that time period is still one of the most interesting in wrestling history (that and the 1995 WCW/ECW/WWF beginnings of war). Really excited for this mod so I can get my World Class on :)

I love D.O.T.T because of the feeling like I am back in school again, when I am playing it out, lol. Pluss, I always feel like I have a chance, because I KNOW who is going to be big later... Although the AI doesn't always help you out in that department, lol. You know for example, Hulkamania is going to run wild (or was that Orndorfamania). Just kidding, Only a VERY SILLY individual would have an idea like that!! (and it wasn't me,lol).

Orndorfamania. The idea is good, but the name needs some work. :D I love DOTT. I'm a huge fan of historical games that let you create some sort of alternate history and DOTT is just that for wrestling. Whatchagonnado when Orndorfamania runs wild on YOU?

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;177491]I love D.O.T.T because of the feeling like I am back in school again, when I am playing it out, lol. Pluss, I always feel like I have a chance, because I KNOW who is going to be big later... Although the AI doesn't always help you out in that department, lol. You know for example, Hulkamania is going to run wild (or was that Orndorfamania). Just kidding, Only a VERY SILLY individual would have an idea like that!! (and it wasn't me,lol).[/QUOTE] That's it someones not getting a ticket to OrnStock!! :mad: :p

Archived