Death of the Territories Preview

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DBG, Is the Final Conflict (I think that's what it was called...Steamboat/Youngblood vs. Slaughter/Kernodle feud) storyline going to be in the new version? I remember you had spoken about it for 05. That was [I]just[/I] before I got into wrestling so I always wondered how that story went.

Yeah. What I did was create a couple of storylines for that whole epic meant to be used as spinoffs. First, 'Sgt. Slaughter's Summer Camp' - which deals with Slaughter recruiting Privates Kernodle and Nelson. Then I added a couple of 'Cobra Clutch Challenge' storylines - one of them generic, and the other one where one of the Privates (Nelson) gives some hero (Steamboat) the secret of escaping the hold. Then finally I added a 'Final Conflict' storyline; a straight feud between Slaughter & Kernodle vs. Steamboat & Youngblood, leading to the 'Losers must never tag together' cage stip that was the blow off. At the end of that Final Conflict storyline the Briscos turn on Steamboat & Youngblood - so that leads to another storyline, heh. It was a great feud. Too bad Slaughter & Kernodle start off a week or so after bolting to the WWF. But the storylines can always be run somewhere else.

I've been updating the first page in this thread, for those interested. I haven't listed out all of the minor data, but just about all of that stuff is finished. Japan is close to being completed - I just need to apply the new stat scale to whatever workers on the NJPW roster I haven't gotten to. All other Japanese promotions and unemployed workers are done. Same with Mexico; all I need to do is finish off CMLL's roster. As far as the rest of the active wrestlers, there are two U.S. promotions needing finished and whatever unemployed U.S. wresters left. Testing is being done on the finished data. If that continues to pan out, it's closer to being done than not. ;)

Come on Boone I'm not buying this game till your mod comes out so hurry it up will ya ;) Im just teasin, this mod is what is going to make me buy TEW 07. The real-world mods just arent as fun to me simply because I'm not a big fan of any of the younger guys. What I really wish is that the Montreol Screw Job scenerio was made by you. That was about the time I started watching wrestling every week. Well regardless I cant wait to see DOTT. I know its gunna be great.

[QUOTE=kevel33;179959]Well, D.Boon isn't the only member who can make a deep mod eric m. The 1997 mod could have turned out better had the maker been more open to others help. It turned out it was much needed.[/QUOTE] Well if hes not the only great mod maker (which by the way I never said, I only implied I enjoyed his mod enough to buy the game) wheres your mod? Lets see how great you are?

This mod is so in depth... So much time put it into it... So much attention to detail... IMO, it's the best, and the maker is the best mod maker PERIOD! Not to knock any of the other GREAT mods and their creators, but this mod along with the c-verse stuff is the only reason I play the game. I'm sure several share that sentiment. My point... Quit hatin!

Guest cmdrsam
Yeah guys lets share some love here. Dott is the only reason I bought 05. No offense to the Cverse. It is a fine mod. I just cant follow or play it very long. Panix and TCP are very good as well. As I still find myself playing FOTORC and loved Panix's additions. And to the rest of the modders out there both established and in the making. I admire your work and effort on your projects. As I usually find a few items from everythign I have downloaded I end up keeping or adding to a mod for general storage.

Guest Ransik
To be perfectly honest, this scenario is what's making me lean towards eventually buying the game. Without this or T-Zone the game just simply would be one of those games I would pass by without thinking twice about it. With DOTT though the New Workers is what's making me the most interested in it. I know there's 159 right now but I was wondering if you will be adding any more or if it's just a time consuming thing? Or maybe a follow up question... is there anyone freely working on a New Workers file for the scenario on their own time? I don't really pay attention to this part of the forum much, so just wondering. :)

The only thing I wish DOTT had more of was jobbers. Though, that wasnt all that much of a big deal. I usually made them myself. But one time when I was playing, I must have messed up Joe Mirto, because the AWA picked him up and he became one of their most "over" guys.

[QUOTE=HitmanTerp;180352]The only thing I wish DOTT had more of was jobbers. Though, that wasnt all that much of a big deal. I usually made them myself. But one time when I was playing, I must have messed up Joe Mirto, because the AWA picked him up and he became one of their most "over" guys.[/QUOTE] It has most of the jobbers I remember. If theres more you should list them and maybe they'll be added in.

The final stage of testing is at hand (I hope, heh). It might not be much, but that's something to report! :) The only thing effecting gameplay that needs completed is the Gimmicks file. As that is as fun as shaving with tweezers, it's the last thing on the list. Other than that, it's basically down to finishing the 6 or so incomplete storylines I have lined up and then deciding upon how many New Workers I am tossing in.

Archived