Mark Cuban Does DaVE!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Like D-Mack, I've had some off-diary communication with the Pox. I definitely came away with two impressions: One - He's busy with some sort of job work thing. Two - I don't think this thing is really dead. Maybe I'm being stupid, maybe we should start an IM campaign, but he definitely wasn't talking like it was dead.

Hated to bump this when it was a few pages back. However, Pox, if you do ever rejoin us, I just wanted to say that I read through the whole diary recently. I really enjoyed it, was marking like everyone else for Jack Giedroyc and the CotGD... The Steve Flash showed a different side to the story that really worked, and the interactions with Payne were cool. Should you ever have the time to get this going again, you'll have another loyal reader in me - if only to see where Eddie Peak is going, and whether Sammy ever gets his girl back.

• 1 month later...
Guest Bolton
Bumpity bumpity bump. Sorry Monkeypox. Seriously, what a great diary, especially with Acid's push and Emma's turn. The Eric push and the charactizations were amazing and I wish 'Pox would return.

• 2 weeks later...
I rarely get a chance to read the diaries, but this one really grabbed me. I plowed through tthe whole thing in one sitting, and I just want to repeat what everyone else says. Totally kick-ass. I hope you have time to get back to it. I play DaVE almost exclusively, and I'm going to have a hard time not defaulting to your characterizations of some of these characters.

• 1 year later...
OMG, the diary is great. one huge question (as I assume this i officially dead) to those of you who talked to pox out side the thread. or Gonvic who seems to know Pox IRL. Is he ok, or did tragedy strike and take his genius from us? Either way, I add my name to the wall of people who truly enjoyed this read! [B]ERIC TYLER[/B] vs JOEY MINNESOTA - I see some interference here, but I don't think Tyler looses [B]JACK GIEDROYC[/B] vs BIG CAT BRANDON - I actually like BCB in this diary, but see he as always being that guy that almost was the guy. My vote goes fro the guy in the helmet talking to god. SAMMY BACH'S ALLY IS: American Elemental. not sure how you make it legit, but smells like good ratings against CotGD DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON'S DARK MATCH DEBUT SHOULD BE AGAINST: Buldozer Brandon Smith I Thing BBS needs a little winning streak, and with the new guys you might find a pairing that accentuates the positive. if not the matches shouldn't be to bad. FREDDY HUGGINS DARK MATCH DEBUT SHOULD BE AGAINST (TAG TEAM): Guide or Scout which ever is not used on the main show that night. could even be a tag team debut. though I agree dropping any emphasis at all on the tag division was not a bad idea from a few pages back. that is until you are in the black and can afford a slightly larger roster, and don't have the crap hiring restriction.

[QUOTE]one huge question (as I assume this i officially dead) to those of you who talked to pox out side the thread. or Gonvic who seems to know Pox IRL. Is he ok, or did tragedy strike and take his genius from us?[/QUOTE] He did do a brief diary in 2008 which had Eric Tyler buying DAVE from Mark Cuban, after he found out that DAVE was killed off in the '08 version. Other than that, I don't know of anyone that has heard from him that has posted on the board since the middle of 08. Personally, from the little communication I had with him I know he had a lot of things going on outside and that was the main reason this diary began to trail off was the fact he didn't have time to continue this. As for why he disappeared, I can only guess that he may not want to have dealt with the pressure of trying to follow up what is considered one of the greatest diaries ever made on this forums, especially when he couldn't even do it with his favorite promotion. I personally would have loved to seen this continue at the time, as the mystery ally for Sammy Bach was supposed to be my David Mack character from my NYCW diary. Back then we had a lot of crossover of characters between diaries, and one of the main feuds in my diary was a feud between my user character and Pox's Acid and his Gray Dragon Cult stable. Pox was going to return the favor with a guest appearance of my user character, but sadly it never made print.

Archived