Mark Cuban Does DaVE!

[B]ERIC TYLER[/B] vs JOEY MINNESOTA [I]- Right, I want to vote Minnesota just because every's going against him but the only way that happens is courtesy of major league clusterf@ckery - which may well happen but Tyler isn't about to drop the title this early. [/I] JACK GIEDROYC vs BIG CAT BRANDON [I]- Double DQ or Count Out or something. I just can't see either guy losing right here. If I have to pick someone it would be the Wrath of God but then BCB might as well collect his ticket to the tag team ranks.[/I] SAMMY BACH'S ALLY IS: [I]Freddie Huggins would work really well in this role but doesn't suit the story at all. Sammy, Freddie and Teddy... Three Tools of the A-pop-calypse. Moving on... I'm going to pick any of the following to show up... fresh from Japan... either Jungle Jack Marlowe, Madman Boone or William Hayes.[/I] DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON'S DARK MATCH DEBUT SHOULD BE AGAINST: [I]Black Eagle or whichever of the Latino Kings has talent. Or Payne. Pay your dues... pay 'me! Pay 'em up! Pay 'em early. Pay 'em often. Dues they be paid! By Payne. In Pain![/I] FREDDY HUGGINS DARK MATCH DEBUT SHOULD BE AGAINST (TAG TEAM): [I]Goodbye McWades try to use your overness like you never used your inabilities and give Cammy n' FredFredy an overness rub. The Burly Mountain Men against the Nubile Young Bucks.[/I]

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PREDICTIONS FORM: ERIC TYLER vs JOEY MINNESOTA - I only see Tyler winning here. JACK GIEDROYC vs BIG CAT BRANDON ..Giedroyc's going places and Big Cat gives him a rub. SAMMY BACH'S ALLY IS: Cammy Vessey? DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON'S DARK MATCH DEBUT SHOULD BE AGAINST: American Elemental FREDDY HUGGINS DARK MATCH DEBUT SHOULD BE AGAINST (TAG TEAM): Fumihiro Ota... they may have a history from TCW? (throw in Black Eagle too)

• 3 weeks later...
Oh man... I haven't been around the dynasty forum for a while, and just realised there were about 20 pages of this I hadn't seen - so read them all. Awesome, awesome stuff man. Favourite bits are probably Peak resigning, the Acid/Emma/Bach angle, the triple threat PPV match, and that hilarious Bubba interview - Discworld influenced? It read like something from the Watch books. Anyway, adding my voice to the whiny chorus - dammit, we wanna know whether Peak stole the ambulance!!

[CENTER][B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="6"]"The Tease"[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [I]Okay, I know I'm taking a long time to get this up, so here's a teaser from the next show to give you something to chew on until life calms down and the holidays get their boot off my f***ing throat. Let me know what you think. No wrestling in this one.[/I] The door to Mark Cuban's office practically explodes off of its hinges, and Cuban jumps as Nemesis storms through the door, scowling. "Don't ever 'order' me into your office again, Cuban. I don't care how important you think it is that I..." Nemesis trails off, and the camera swings over to Cuban, who is rocking back and forth in his large, padded office chair, mumbling to himself and staring at the TV. Nemesis sighs, his face suddenly lined with crevasses and scars in the blue light of the television at which Cuban is staring. When he speaks, his voice is barely audible. "He didn't make it, did he?" Cuban looks up at Nemesis for the first time, his eyes wide with alarm. He points at the television with badly shaking fingers. "This is what they found." His voice shakes so badly it is hard to understand. Nemesis strides around the desk to stand behind Cuban, his arms folded across his chest. With a remote, Cuban rewinds the tape and the camera catches it as it starts. The camera is clearly hand-held, and the perspective jerks and bobs with the steps of the man holding it as he walks from some sort of state utility car, his shadow crazy in the rotating orange light on top of his car. A guy in a blue jumpsuit walks next to him, jumping in and out of the frame as the guy holding the camera moves forward. The light is terrible - it's clearly the middle of the night, and the road is totally unilluminated except for the orange siren light and the flashlights both men are carrying. As they walk down the road, a blocky white shape coalesces out of the darkness. It's difficult to identify at first, but the flashlights gradually distinguish the outlines of an ambulance resting in a ditch on its side, its back end pointed towards the camera, both rear doors thrown open, one partially torn from its hinges. The interior is totally black. "Jesus." The man off camera mutters to himself, whistling in appreciation. "That door is damn near tore off." The man holding the camera's hand appears as he approaches the door, pushing it to the side. With a tremendous bang, the last tortured hinge snaps and the door hits the dirt with a clatter. The camera gives a wild lurch as the man jumps back, surprised. Both men giggle nervously. The camera tracks the second man as he sticks his head in the overturned ambulance, whistling again. The light from the flashlight reverberates off of the many reflective surfaces and panels - the buttons and knobs of meters and stethescopes glitter like eyes in the darkness. There is a gurney, perversely still upright in the vehicle, its straps and buckles dangling uselessly to the sidewindow on which they rest. There is no noise, but the man holding the camera gives a start. "Dude, did you hear that?" "Man, these straps are tore right the hell up, man. Man. Tore up. Man." (whistles) Now the noise is louder, a crack. With the poor microphone of the camera, it is impossible to tell from where the noise originates. The camera pans to the ground as the man looks over his shoulder. "Let's get back to the car, Joe. Somethin' makin' me nervous out here." "Yeah, them woods is purdy dark. I'm gonna check the front end, find some keys, maybe see what happened to the driver." The camera pans around as the man steps out of the car. There is no further noise, and no warning. In an instant, the camera is filled with huge teeth. Cuban jerks visibly in his chair and even Nemesis gives a sharp intake of breath. By then, the camera is dead, but the image of Peak is still fading on the screen, his eyes crazy, his face and mouth dark with blood, soil or both. For a moment, both men are silent. Cuban speaks first. "They found them, both of them. The first was found next to the ambulance, knocked out and half frozen. The other guy was just staggering down the road, away from his car, talking nonsense. He's on heavy medication. They're both in the hospital." Nemesis closed his eyes and exhaled slowly, his lungs working like a bellows. Cuban looked up, his face pleading. "What should we do? What happens next?" Nemesis smiled, though devoid of mirth. "We? Nothing. You should rally your troops and get ready. He's on the hunt now, he'll be looking for familiar territory. I'm sure he's already on his way here." Cuban stuttered. "And what about you? What are you going to do? Will you help me?" Nemesis laughed. "No, I won't help you. I'll do the one thing you can't do. I'll meet him head on, like a man. You can bleed out here behind your desk. It's only a matter of time now. Only a matter of time." [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Rating: B+ [/COLOR][/B]

Oh dude that was sweet! I hope you bring Nemesis back for one last match against Peak, and with the fact that Nemesis is more popular and basically more talented than half the DAVE roster anyway, you'd get a killer rating. Nemesis versus Peak at your biggest event=MONEY!

Was looking at the first part of this, and I can't believe you actually started this a YEAR ago! 01-01-07! Damn! That is longer than both my diaries together. Congrats on the almost anniversary and I seriously hope you don't get burned out on this because this is really one of THE best diaries out there.

[QUOTE]Rounding out the Main Eventers is JACK GIEDROYC, a man who I think has been promoted too far, too fast. In my opinion, Giedroyc is a man operating on borrowed time. Yes, he's capable of looking very good when he's in the ring with the right opponent, but as a booker, it's my job to evaluate who is doing the actual work. I've said this so often that I'm ready to tattoo it across my own buttcheeks, and I need to say it again here: "Everyone looks good when they're wrestling Acid." To me, it's unacceptable that Giedroyc gets the credit for wins over guys like Acid, Joey Minnesota or Art Reed, but can't produce a quality match on his own. To put it in Mark Cuban-speak, this isn't a guy who can "create his own shot". And that's what the main event requires, no matter what the fans think. It's an indication of just how fast the sunuva***** has gotten over that he's still got the Brass Knuckles Title around his waist... that title was meant for midcarders. Come to think of it, that belt would be perfect on Giedroyc, if he was back in the midcard where he belongs. And look at the guy. Look at the guy, and then tell me he looks hardcore. He looks like my old babysitter. She was a hell of a babysitter, though. My Rating: C-[/QUOTE] Amazing how a simple gimmick change totally blew this evaluation out of the water.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;347290]Amazing how a simple gimmick change totally blew this evaluation out of the water.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't call it a simple change. Simple would have been to go the opposite way with Jack and have him get over as a serious wrestler that is so hardcore, he doesn't need to use weapons.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;347285]Was looking at the first part of this, and I can't believe you actually started this a YEAR ago! 01-01-07! Damn! That is longer than both my diaries together. Congrats on the almost anniversary and I seriously hope you don't get burned out on this because this is really one of THE best diaries out there.[/QUOTE] A year in real time....not even half a year in game time! I guess time must really drag with Cuban as your boss. ;)

Congrats on winning the [B][COLOR="Blue"]GDS Diary Awards 2007[/COLOR][/B] for [COLOR="blue"][B]Most Popular Wrestler[/B][/COLOR]; [B][COLOR="blue"]Most Compelling Character[/COLOR][/B]; [COLOR="blue"][B]Best Kayfabe Breaking Segments[/B][/COLOR]; and [B][COLOR="blue"]Show of the Year[/COLOR][/B]. And for recieving recognition in the following categories: [COLOR="blue"][B]Diary of the Year[/B][/COLOR]; [COLOR="blue"][B]CornellVerse Diary of the Year[/B][/COLOR]; [B][COLOR="blue"]Promo of the Year[/COLOR][/B]; [COLOR="blue"][B]Manager of the Year[/B][/COLOR]; and [B][COLOR="blue"]Best Gimmick Match[/COLOR][/B]. Good job and keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh god. 37 pages later and I am finally caught up. I started reading when I read about how you pretty much swept the awards and let me say, it's been one hell of a rush :D In fact, it's almost too good. I'm writing up a diary myself about trying to take a fed and use some of the worst talent out there and make it successful. I was hoping to drive it with interesting characters and gimmicks but man, after reading this epic tale I feel like I've lost the will to write mine anymore. Everything I've done seems to pale in comparison. I can't believe I choked up a little about the Steve Flash stuff, truly a beautiful piece of work. Anyway, a comment and a couple prediction. First off, why do you bold random words? I liked it in the beginning when you bolded people's names, but why the random phrases? I think it's for emphasis but sometimes it's really weird locations. As for a prediction, I think Acid could make a great temporary tag partner for Peak. Have Acid start getting twitchy in some of his movements, especially out of the ring. The picture in my mind is the girl from ring 2, very jerky as if all the limbs in the body were constantly popping in and out of socket. Basically Acid goes crazy but in a robotic mystical sense and he and Peak become blood brothers and then there you have it. The two most evil, crazy, psycho, creepy characters in DaVE working together. Heck, I would have the School of Tradition, the remenants of Cult of Grey Dragon and Cuban Coalition all work together to fight Acid & Peak and then just laugh as they fail and the two crazies just destroy the entire fed. As for a conclusion, have Emma slowly work her way to connecting with Acid. When she's around he "tightens up" and moves more normally and acts a lot less crazy. In the end Emma brings Acid back over to the "good side" and with his help the Peak threat is neutralized for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I really miss this dynasty -- it is truly amazing and definitely worth the wait between posts. That said, I'm getting impatient. I hope the delay between updates is not due to anything being wrong with 'pox. Of course if everything is O.K. with him and he hasn't posted, I say we send Eddie Peak over to his house to provide him with a little more.... motivation. Hope you're doing well 'pox -- and if you are, post again soon or you won't be.

Archived