MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[quote=Scapino1974]A second later, the lights came back up. I was gone from the ring. Standing in my place was Archangel.[/quote] I almost choked on my dinner when i read that... I really should have seen it coming but im [B][U]SO[/U][/B] glad i didn't

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for the hiatus. Real life seems to have exploded a little. But I hope to get back into the swing of things. Because no one asked for it, here’s a breakdown of our current roster. [COLOR="red"]Heels in red[/COLOR], [COLOR="blue"]faces in blue[/COLOR] [U]MAIN EVENTERS[/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Davis Wayne Newton Ernest Youngman Jay Chord[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Joey Beauchamp Matthew Gauge[/COLOR] [U]UPPER MIDCARDERS[/U] [COLOR="blue"]Greg Gauge[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Izaak Tischler[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Mainstream Hernandez Sam Keith[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Wanda Fish[/COLOR] [U]MIDCARDERS[/U] [COLOR="red"]Alicia Strong Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Calamari Kid[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Des Davids Hugh de Aske Joey Poison[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Junior[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Vengeance[/COLOR] [U]LOWER MIDCARDERS[/U] [COLOR="red"]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Remmy Skye Sensational Ogiwara[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Thomas Morgan[/COLOR] [U]OPENERS[/U] [COLOR="red"]Primus Allen[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Steve Gumble Steven Parker[/COLOR] [U]ENHANCEMENT TALENT[/U] [COLOR="blue"]Joanne Rodriguez[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Mean Jean Cattley[/COLOR] [U]REFEREES[/U] Jez McArthuer Shane Stones [U]ANNOUNCERS & COLOR COMMENTATORS[/U] [COLOR="blue"]The Rev[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Emma Chase[/COLOR] [U]AUTHORITY FIGURE[/U] [COLOR="red"]Nemesis[/COLOR] [U]ROAD AGENTS[/U] Devorah Triton Yours Truly Our biggest problem right now is momentum. We don’t have anyone higher than a C (and only Wanda Fish is at that level).

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, May 2013[/I] Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with Nemesis standing triumphantly in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You all saw what I did to Scapino earlier this week. I broke him. I don’t doubt that he’s at home right now, curled up on his bed and licking his wounds. “And not just him. I destroyed the Archangel. That’s what they get for messing with me. Oh, sure, they may have surprised me. They ambushed me but they learned something valuable: you don’t [/COLOR][COLOR="Sienna"][censored by the network][/COLOR][COLOR="DarkGreen"] with Nemesis! You may win a battle or two, but I always win the war! “So this is my house now, you hear me? This is my ring! I am the master of this domain. And my word is law. Starting tonight, everyone in the MWA is going to understand that.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) In a segment that was taped earlier, Greg Gauge raged about losing to his brother again. He vowed to not rest until he had broken Matthew Gauge. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Greg was on fire. The minute the bell rang, he was all over the Kid, wailing on him and beating him into a corner. The Kid fought back and was able to pull out some of his arsenal, but in the end, Greg took him down and slapped him in the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 11:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Even though he had been declared the winner, Greg cinched up the Lock even tighter. He roared in fury as the ref ordered him to break the Lock. Finally, he released the Kid and stomped out of the ring, anger burning in his eyes. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Jay Chord was backstage, talking on the phone, when he bumped into Joey Beauchamp. Jay told whoever it was he’d call them back. Joey then mocked Jay, saying that his beating Des Davids earlier this week was no big deal. Joey pointed out that he and Joey Poison still had the tag titles. Jay retorted that he was still the Ringmaster and would be for another eleven months. Joey made fun of that by pointing out that the Ringmaster title had no belt, so who cared? Jay took a step closer and suggested that maybe the Joeys wouldn’t have the tag titles for long. Joey seemed a bit put off by the idea but then straightened and dared Jay to find a partner, that he and Joey P. would be waiting. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) Alicia Strong came out to the ring to a chorus of boos and catcalls. She glared at the fans and snapped at them to shut up. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So why did I do it? Why did I turn on the Sensational Ogiwara and betray her to Wanda Fish? I’ll tell you why: it was time for me to step into my own. “Yes, I trained with Ogiwara. She taught me all she knew. But she never acknowledged how good I had become. To me, I was always going to be her student, her inferior. But this past Sunday, she learned the truth. She learned that I have surpassed her...”[/COLOR] Alicia’s rant was cut off by Ogiwara’s music. She came out to the ring with a limping Joanne Rodriguez ([COLOR="darkgreen"]“Still feeling the effects of Thomas Morgan’s vicious attack against her,”[/COLOR] the Rev observed). J-Ro explained that she and Ogiwara had worked together in 5SSW in Japan and so she would serve as a translator. Ogiwara raged at Alicia, and J-Ro dutifully translated. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“‘You have not surpassed me. Only your ego has grown more skilled. I still have much to teach you and this is the perfect place to do it.’”[/COLOR] Alicia agreed to the match, but refused to fight in the Mid West, claiming that the yokels didn’t deserve it. The match would be held next week. Ogiwara wasn’t happy but nodded. She and J-Ro left the ring area, only to be confronted by Nemesis. Nemesis sneered at Ogiwara then focused on J-Ro. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I thought the docs said you weren’t cleared to wrestle yet,” he observed. Before J-Ro could answer, he cut her off. “Oh, I know, you’re not here to wrestle, you’re just trying to help out. But the way I see it, not cleared for the ring means you aren’t supposed to be here period. If you’re here, you must think you’re good enough to wrestle. So let’s give you a match. “I don’t know if you saw it, but this past Sunday, Vengeance became the MWA Regional Champion and tonight, he needs an opponent. Get your tights on, Joanne. You’re that opponent.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] for Alicia’s explanation; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the match making 7) A video played, reminding folks of how Thomas Morgan injured Joanne Rodriguez and how Steve Gumble took offense to that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] Gumble surprised everyone, especially Emma Chase. She offered him a backhanded compliment, saying that he didn’t appear to be quite as pathetic as he usually did. Gumble’s intensity carried him through the match and into victory as he put down Ota hard. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 8:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) Now it’s time to hear from Izaak Tischler. He came out and accepted the boos of the crowd as if they were high praise. He pointed out that he and Davis Wayne Newton had another epic battle this past Sunday. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And surprise, surprise, look who is still holding the gold?”[/COLOR] His self-congratulatory moment was interrupted by Davis. He came out and applauded Izaak, saying that he did win fair and square. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But if you think we’re done, you’re mistaken. You have something I want and I’m not going to stop until I get it. You and me, at ‘Ascendant.’”[/COLOR] Izaak thought it over and then nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sounds good ... but you’ll have to prove yourself first. See, I’ve beaten you what, twice now? Why should I give you one more shot at my title? If you want me in the ring, you’re going to have to prove you’re worthy of it.”[/COLOR] Davis didn’t look happy but he agreed. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the self-hype; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the condition 10) [B]JAY CHORD & STEVEN PARKER vs. THE JOEYS (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A pretty good match. Jay and Joey P. really stood out as the stars of this match. In the end, Joey B. threw his partner one of the tag belts, which Joey P. used to take down Parker. WINNERS: [B]The Joeys [/B]in 9:46 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. VENGEANCE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Big surprise. Bad chemistry. Thankfully, the Rev did his best to play it off as J-Ro’s injury. Vengeance basically toyed with her for a while before knocking her out cold with a Justice Crusher. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 3:34 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) [B]HUGH de ASKE vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Not a bad way to end the night. Izaak looked every inch the champion in the ring. While Hugh managed to get in a few licks, Izaak finished him off with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 5:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) And Izaak finished the show off by pounding the daylights out of Hugh. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] A pretty solid show all around. We got a rating of 5.56. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Greg Gauge defeated the Calamari Kid [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]The Joeys (c) defeated Jay Chord & Steven Parker to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Vengeance (c) defeated Joanne Rodriguez to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Hugh de Aske to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, June 2013[/I] Held at the Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started with a graphic, announcing that the main event tonight would be Davis Wayne Newton taking on Des Davids. The Rev explained this was Davis’s first chance to “prove himself” of being worthy of another title shot. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) Nemesis was in his office when the door opened and Izaak Tischler came in. Nemesis greeted the champ warmly. Izaak thanked Nemesis for making the match. Nemesis said that it was fine, a pleasure to do. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But you know what they say, Izaak. I scratch your back, you scratch mine.”[/COLOR] Izaak looked a bit confused and tried to get around Nemesis to scratch his back. Nemesis shoved him away. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look, I’ll be honest. Watching Vengeance destroy Joanne Rodriguez last week was fun, but not as fun as I had hoped. So this is what I want. I’m going to book you in a match tonight, non-title, against Steven Parker. Okay? You destroy him for me and we’ll consider things square.”[/COLOR] Izaak smiled and agreed. He left, only to have Greg Gauge come in. Greg demanded that Nemesis give him a rematch against his brother Matthew. Nemesis blew it off, saying that Greg had his chance and blew it. No deal. Greg stormed out of the office, and the Rev wondered what this would mean for Greg’s opponent tonight. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the match making; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the match request 3) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. JOEY POISON[/B] Whoa! I have no idea where this one came from, but I’ll take it. Greg simply destroyed Joey. Joey tried everything he could to slow down the match. Some things worked, but not for long. Before too long, Greg had Joey down and in the Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 9:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) Once again, Greg refused to break the Lock. The ref looked desperate in the ring and signaled for help. Much to everyone’s surprise, out came Sam Keith. Sam plead with Greg to let Joey go. Greg finally broke it and shoved past his father to leave the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) Thomas Morgan came in through a back door of the arena. He actually looked a little nervous. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I don’t blame him,” [/COLOR]the Rev said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Steve Gumble hasn’t exactly been shy about letting people know what he’s going to do to him.”[/COLOR] Thomas slunk through the back hallways until he came to his locker room. He breathed a sigh of relief and stepped inside. When he switched on the lights, though, there was Gumble with a baseball bat in hand. Gumble took a swing at Thomas, who bailed. Gumble chased him back through the hallway and out the arena. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) Backstage, Steven Parker looked particularly glum. As he made his way to the ring, he ran into Ernest Youngman. The two walked together for a while, and Parker confided in Ernest that he was actually kind of scared. He said that he figured Nemesis was out to hurt someone. Ernest asked why Parker didn’t stand up to Nemesis. Parker said he couldn’t. He thanked Ernest for listening and then shuffled toward the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] You can guess how this one went. Izaak dominated Parker from the bell. He even pulled Parker’s shoulders off the mat twice to continue the beatdown. He finally nailed Parker with a Crucifix Slam and covered him, a ****y grin on his face. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 8:05 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) Joey Beauchamp was backstage, on the phone with a doctor to find out how Joey Poison was doing. He listened to the lengthy information, but then hung up when a beautiful woman walked by. Joey sauntered up to her and introduced himself. He said that later on, he would be facing Mainstream Hernandez in a match, but after he was done, maybe the two of them could go out for dinner and afterwards, he would rock her world. The woman shot back that he shouldn’t be talking to her. She had a man, and that man would kill Joey if he even looked at her. Joey didn’t let up, asking if she had a name. The woman finally replied, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Kristen Pearce.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“A pleasure to meet you, Kristen.”[/COLOR] Joey took her hand as if to kiss it, but then yanked her into a passionate kiss. Kristen pushed him away and Joey laughed, strutting away. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Backstage, Wanda Fish watched as Alicia Strong got ready for her match. Wanda urged Alicia to go out there and show Ogiwara no mercy, to absolutely destroy her and prove that she had surpassed her former master. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) [B]THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. ALICIA STRONG[/B] I had a feeling about these two. It wasn’t a matter of chemistry, but these two put on a great match. Or, at the very least, a very satisfying one. Ogiwara spent the early minutes getting a sense of Alicia. There were a lot of probing attacks, but she never pressed her advantage. Alicia found that funny and mocked her mentor. When Ogiwara came in for a true attack, though, Alicia wasn’t laughing anymore. She had to fight hard to blunt Ogiwara’s offense. The battle raged and kept the audience cheering, especially as Ogiwara dispatched Alicia with a Sensational Stunner. WINNER: [B]Sensatioanl Ogiwara [/B]in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) Ogiwara acknowledged the fans’ cheers, but she should have gotten out of the ring. Wanda charged the ring and she and Alicia took Ogiwara down, stomping her hard. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) Mainstream came out to the ring with a mic. He raged about how Vengeance beat Joanne last week. He raged about how Vengeance was put into the ladder match a week and a half ago. He said that he had been robbed two months ago when Marc du Bois took his title. He said he was robbed again by Vengeance a week and a half ago. Now he wants a chance to get his title back. Next week, he wanted Vengeance in the ring and he wasn’t going to take no for an answer. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] And I’m pretty sure I told these two to take it easy. Wow. Spectacular match all around. Both men were very intense and focused on defeating the other. The momentum went back and forth until finally, Joey “accidentally” took out referee Jez McArthuer. Joey smirked at the crowd and got a chair, using it to take Mainstream out. That’s when a large man in a leather jacket ran out to the ring and power-bombed Joey onto the chair. The man revived the ref and got out of the ring. Mainstream staggered to his feet and headed for the corner. He clambered to the top ropes and hit an Apparition #14 and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 10:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Mainstream got out of there as the stranger got back into the ring. Soon another man in a biker’s jacket came out, followed by Kristen Pearce. She called the shots as the two men destroyed Joey. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Who are these guys?” [/COLOR]Emma demanded. Unfortunately, we didn’t get any answers. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 15) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] A great cap to a phenomenal show. I honestly think this is one of the best Firestorms we’ve put on ever. Davis and Des collided in a brawl that carried them through the ring and out of it. Des came close to pinning Davis a number of times but finally, in the end, Davis surprised Des and everyone else with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 9:28 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 16) Davis looks beat. Izaak Tischler came out and favored him with a slow clap. He then asked if that meant that Davis was worthy of facing him again. Izaak decided it wasn’t, and said that Davis would have to prove himself against next week. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Like I said, great show. We got a rating of 6.36. It’s not our highest rated show, but it is pretty darn close. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Greg Gauge defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Sensational Ogiwara defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, June 2013[/I] Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Nemesis started things out by making a match on behalf of Izaak Tischler. Davis Wayne Newton wants a title shot? He’s going to have to beat the MWA’s newest hire, namely Lead Belly, in a leather strap match to get it. And because he wants to amuse himself tonight, he’s going to make another match. Lead’s partner, Ronnie V. Pain, is going to be in a match as well, namely against the Calamari Kid. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the first announcement; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the second 2) As Sam Keith came out to the ring, a video played that was recorded earlier in the day. Sam said that Greg was out of control. He was going to have to do something to stop him so he can come back to his senses. Tonight, he’ll face his son in a match and he will put him down. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) [B]SAM KEITH vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Greg didn’t seem to care that he was facing off against his father. Even though Sam pleaded with him more than once to stop what he was doing, Greg simply batted Sam aside and kept after him. Sam finally sighed and stepped up his game. But it wasn’t enough. Sam tried to get Greg into the Proton Lock in the end, but Greg was able to roll out of it and instead, Sam wound up trapped in the Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 6:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Greg wasn’t done yet. He went to ring side and tossed in the top half of the ring steps. He then brought a chair into the ring with him. He set Sam’s leg on top of the stairs and then slammed the chair over Sam’s knee repeatedly. He finally tossed the bent chair aside and stalked out of the ring while Sam rolled around in agony. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) Ogiwara came out to the ring and said something in Japanese. She went for quite a while, actually, and the crowd got bored. She finally motioned to the back and Hugh de Aske came out. He apologized to the crowd and said that Ogiwara had asked him to be her tag partner against Alicia and Wanda and he had agreed (for a pretty penny, he explained). He then repeated what Ogiwara said, that they challenged Wanda and Alicia. But at that point, the crowd didn’t care. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 6) Nemesis was in his office when the door burst open and the Calamari Kid came in. He got in Nemesis’s face, saying that he would fight Ronnie V. Pain but he wasn’t going to play Nemesis’s game. He was going to beat Pain and show that while Nemesis may control a lot of the MWA, he can’t control what goes down in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Kristen Pearce was hyping up her boys, Agony’s Bikers (a.k.a. Lead Belly and Ronnie V. Pain). She said that htey had finally found the big time and that it was time to show the crowds what they could do. Ronnie agreed enthusiastically, but Lead Belly didn’t seem so sure. He complained that he felt a little stiff from the bike ride over and he wanted to warm up. Kristen looked around and suggested that they stretch out a bit over there. The camera swung around to reveal Remmy Skye sipping some coffee at the craft services table. Ronnie and Lead nodded and went over. They worked their arms a little. Remmy glanced at them but then turned back to his coffee. That’s when Ronnie and Lead attacked him, beating him down and finally slamming him through the table. They patted each other on the shoulder and Lead said he was ready to go now. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the psyche-up; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the attack 8) [B]HUGH de ASKE vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] An okay match. Des steam-rolled over Hugh, who didn’t seem to be connecting with the crowd as much. Perhaps people are getting tired of Hugh’s pirate gimmick. Whatever the case, the crowd didn’t seem too upset when Des finished him off quickly. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 5:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Hugh wobbled to his feet, only to have Wanda Fish and Alicia Strong storm the ring and beat him down. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) A video played, reminding the audience of the feud between Davis Wayne Newton and Izaak Tischler. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. VENGEANCE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] A really good match. Mainstream was really intense and Vengeance moreso. They brawled through the ring and around it, Mainstream using his speed and agility to keep Vengeance on his toes. But in the end, the ref got knocked out and so Vengeance used his title to bash Mainstream’s head in. He then roused the ref and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 8:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) The Calamari Kid came out of his locker room and was heading for the ring when he was intercepted by Nemesis. Nemesis, looking quite contrite, said that he had given what the Kid said a lot of thought and he was right. Nemesis can’t control what happens in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I guess I’ll have to change that.”[/COLOR] Nemesis then kicked the Kid in the gut and started to beat him down savagely, tossing him into walls and into piles of equipment before finally, he dragged him out to the ring and dumped him inside. Ronnie V. Pain came out and got in the ring with a smirk on his face. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. RONNIE V. PAIN[/B] Could it be? It’s been so long since I’ve seen this... Yes! It’s good chemistry for once! Even though the Kid was dead on his feet, he and Ronnie were able to put together a great match. Ronnie did most of the work with the Kid firing off some last ditch efforts. In the end, Ronnie put him down with a Power Chord. WINNER: [B]Ronnie V. Pain [/B]in 3:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Ronnie continued the assault after the match while Nemesis cheered him on. But then both of them cleared out of there as Ernest Youngman hit the ring with a steel chair. He took a swipe at Ronnie and shouted abuse at both of them as they retreated up the ramp. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 15) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring with the leather strap. He talked about how it was a very scary prospect to be facing Lead Belly, a mean and nasty biker boy. But he said that tonight was just a speed bump. By the end of the night, he will have proven he deserves a title shot. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 16) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. LEAD BELLY [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a leather strap match[/COLOR] Dang, man. Davis is definitely becoming my go-to guy for great matches. He and Lead Belly kept the crowd on their feet. Lead took early control of the match, using the strap to whip Davis and strangle him as much as he could. But he simply couldn’t get Davis pinned. The match raged as both men wailed on the other. But in the end, Davis got Lead in an STF, using the strap to cinch it up extremely tight. Lead quickly tapped out. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 13:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 17) As Davis stumbled around the ring, looking exhausted, Izaak said that he wasn’t done yet. Izaak wasn’t sure he deserved the shot. But never fear, next week would determine it, because Davis would have to go through a gauntlet match! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Nemesis was slightly overused, but it was a good show all around. We got a rating of 6.74. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Greg Gauge defeated Sam Keith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Vengeance (c) defeated Mainstream Hernandez to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Ronnie V. Pain defeated the Calamari Kid[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Lead Belly in [COLOR="Purple"]a leather strap match [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, June 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Ascendant”[/COLOR]) Held at the Huntsville Fairgrounds in the South East Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Nemesis appeared on screen. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Good evening. You may have noticed that, even though there’s a Pay-Per-View this Sunday, there hasn’t been a lot of talk about what the matches are going to be. There’s a reason for that: me. “See, some of my employees don’t seem to understand who’s really in charge here. So if they want to be in the ring come ‘Ascendant,’ they gotta come talk to me first. The only exception is Izaak Tischler and Davis Wayne Newton. I’m leaving that up to the champ because he’s always been a stand-up guy with me. But the rest of ‘em? They gotta go through Nemesis. “And whaddaya know? Here’s our first contestant...”[/COLOR] The camera pulled back to reveal Steve Gumble. Steve presented his request: he wanted Thomas Morgan in a match and he wanted it to be for Thomas’s Rising Star Title. Nemesis thanked Steve for his polite request and granted the match. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the Nemesis segment; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for Steve’s request 2) Greg Gauge came out to the ring and said that he was the best of the Gauge family. He had beaten his own father last week to prove it and he planned to do the same to Matt this Sunday. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Ernest did a good job dismantling Greg and wiping the over-confident smirk off of his face. Greg tried to fight back but Ernest eventually dropped Greg with a swinging neckbreaker. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 9:12 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 4) Ernest then got on the mic and railed against Nemesis, saying that he was out of control. He said that the workers shouldn’t have to go groveling for their matches at “Ascendant.” He said they shouldn’t have to live in fear of being put in insane matches just to amuse the boss. Out came Nemesis. He said that Ernest didn’t have to worry about begging or groveling; he’d give him a match right there. He booked him in a match against Des Davids at “Ascendant.” As Nemesis was leaving the ringside area, Greg Gauge stopped him and asked for a match against his brother, Matthew. Nemesis hesitated, pointing out that Matt has beaten Greg twice and that he did lose the match against Ernest. But he shrugged it off and gave it to him anyway. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for Ernest’s rant; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the match making; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the match request 5) Alicia Strong and Wanda Fish appeared on screen and mocked the Sensational Ogiwara for losing her tag-team partner last week. Apparently Hugh was out of commission for a few weeks after their attack on him. They wished Ogiwara luck in finding a replacement. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) A short video hyped the feud between Steve Gumble and Thomas Morgan. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY vs. THOMAS MORGAN (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A sort of lackluster match since the audience didn’t care to see Mean Jean in the ring. They did have good chemistry and that helped them a little, though. It was a short match. Jean seemed a bit thrown by the audience’s reaction to him. Thomas was able to capitalize on his distracted state and quickly got him down and into the Camel Clutch. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 4:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) Thomas got the mic and giggled maniacally, saying the audience may not remember why Steve is so steamed at Thomas but that he remembered. He remembered and relished the memory of breaking Joanne Rodriguez in half. He remembered how delicious it was to hurt her. He kept going, adding more lurid details. Steve apparently had enough. He charged out of the back and went after Thomas. But it turned out to be a trap. Mean Jean Cattley sprung up off the mat and attacked Steve from behind, laying him out with a Mood Swing. The Rev raved that the whole thing had been a trap as Jean and Thomas stomped on Steve while he was down. Jean then laughed, but was rewarded for helping Thomas with a kick to the gut, a stiff uppercut, and then Thomas tossed him out of the ring, where he slammed into the guard rail head first. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) Nemesis was working on paperwork in his office when he looked up. He smiled and greeted Agony’s Bikers (Lead Belly & Ronnie V. Pain). He said that they had already made quite the impact on the MWA. Kristen Pearce did most of the talking for her boys, saying they were hungry for tag team gold. They wanted a match against the Joeys at “Ascendant.” Nemesis thought it over and said he’d give it to them on two conditions: Lead Belly had to be in the Gauntlet match tonight against Davis Wayne Newton. And Ronnie V. Pain would have to be in a match against Joey Poison ... for Nemesis’s amusement. It was a done deal. As the bikers left, Sensational Ogiwara came into the office with Joanne Rodriguez in tow. Nemesis’s eyes flashed at the sight of J-Ro, who held up her hand and gave Nemesis a note from her doctor clearing her for “non-wrestling” appearances. That seemed to satisfy Nemesis for now. J-Ro once again acted as Ogiwara’s translator. Ogiwara still wanted to face Alicia and Wanda in a tag match, even though Hugh was hurt. Nemesis pointed out she didn’t have a partner. Ogiwara said that would be no problem. She’d find one. Nemesis agreed on one condition: she’d have to beat Bulldozer Brandom Smith first. Ogiwara smiled and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“No problem.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B [/COLOR]for the tag match; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for Ogiwara’s match 10) [B]THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Smith tried to dominate Ogiwara throughout the match but she was able to keep from getting pinned. She eventually dropped the bigger man by hitting him with a Sensational Stunner. WINNER: [B]The Sensational Ogiwara [/B]in 8:08 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Nemesis was watching on the monitor and shrugged, jotting down a note about the tag match. He glanced up and then did a double take when he realized that Mainstream Hernandez was standing in front of him. Mainstream complained about the way Vengeance ended their last match. He said that he wanted a rematch. Nemesis thought it over and said that he didn’t have a problem with that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) [B]JOEY POISON vs. RONNIE V. PAIN[/B] Ronnie and Joey have good chemistry together! Wow! A really good match all around. Joey didn’t seem to be too happy being in the match with Ronnie. He tried to slow things down as much as possible. He even tried to roll out of the ring, only to get punted between the legs by Kristen. He finally started to pull ahead, but then Kristen hopped up onto the apron and distracted the ref. Ronnie pulled some brass knuckles from his boots and used them to lay out Joey and get the pin. WINNER: [B]Ronnie V. Pain [/B]in 7:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) [COLOR="Purple"]A GAUNTLET MATCH [/COLOR]for [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] As Davis warmed up in the ring, the Rev explained the rules. Davis would face five opponents, one at a time. When he pinned one, the next would come out. If he could make it all the way through, he would win. Much to everyone’s surprise, the first participant was [B]Matthew Gauge[/B]. Matt sneered at the crowd as he made his way to the ring. He and Davis exchanged some pretty wicked blows and Matthew looked about ready to put Davis in the Proton Lock more than once. But then Davis pulled through and finished him with a Fisherman’s Suplex. [B]Lead Belly [/B]came out next. He too worked Davis pretty badly, leading Emma to wonder how Davis would manage to make it through three more people, let alone just Lead. Lead Belly hit a nasty sit-out power bomb and went for the pin. Davis came to life and rolled him into the STF. Lead quickly tapped out. Next came [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B]. Joey took a few moments to laugh at Lead Belly as he passed. Lead laughed too ... but then laid out Joey with a big boot. He slammed Joey into the security railing a few times and then tossed him into the ring. Davis shrugged and made the pin. [B]Des Davids [/B]came out next and continued the assault. Davis had his hands full and barely managed to get the pin after a schoolboy rollup. [B]Vengeance[/B] was the final participant. He came out and dominated Davis for a solid six or seven minutes. He even managed to hit the Justice Crusher. But while referee Shane Stones was distracted, Mainstream Hernandez hit the ring and took out Vengeance with a shooting star press. Vengeance staggered to his feet and wandered into a Fisherman’s Suplex that Davis couldn’t maintain. It looked like both men had been knocked out, but then Davis managed to drape an arm across Vengeance. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 19:11 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Shane Stones raised Davis’s hand in victory, but then Davis was attacked from behind by Izaak Tischler. Izaak stomped on him before finally dropping Davis onto the Grand Championship belt with a Crucifix Slam. He got a mic and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Now you deserve a title shot. See you on Sunday.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] As the show went off the air, the Rev and Emma ran down the card for “Ascendant” -- [B]GREG GAUGE vs. MATT GAUGE [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. THOMAS MORGAN (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR]) [B]THE JOEYS ( c) vs. AGONY’S BIKERS for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA & a mystery partner vs. ALICIA STRONG & WANDA FISH [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. VENGEANCE (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR][/B] ([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] ([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Nemesis was overused again, but it turned out to be a decent show. We got a rating of 5.86. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Thomas Morgan (c) defeated Mean Jean Cattley to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Sensational Ogiwara defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Ronnie V. Pain defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton won [COLOR="Purple"]a Gauntlet Match [/COLOR]against Des Davids, Vengeance, Lead Belly, Joey Beauchamp, and Matthew Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, comments, predictions, and even complaints will be cheerfully read and perhaps even responded to.

Yours is the only diary that i read on a regular basis, so i thought why the heck not have a guess GREG GAUGE vs. [B]MATT GAUGE[/B] (C-) [I](Matt won the last one, so i think Greg this time)[/I] STEVE GUMBLE vs. [B]THOMAS MORGAN[/B] (c) for the MWA Rising Star Title (D-) [I](Was pretty undecided about that one)[/I] [B]THE JOEYS[/B] ( c) vs. AGONY’S BIKERS for the MWA Tag Team Championship (C) [I](Something tells me The Joeys retain)[/I] [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA & a mystery partner[/B] vs. ALICIA STRONG & WANDA FISH (D+) [I](Gotta back the mystery partner)[/I] [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ[/B] vs. VENGEANCE (c) for the MWA Regional Championship (D+) [I](Never been keen on Vengeance)[/I] ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. [B]DES DAVIDS[/B] (C) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for the MWA Grand Championship (C) [I](With the ratings that DWN puts out, im thinking your gonna put the belt on him soon)[/I]

[B]GREG GAUGE[/B] vs. MATT GAUGE STEVE GUMBLE vs. [B]THOMAS MORGAN (c) [/B]for the MWA Rising Star Title THE JOEYS ( c) vs. [B]AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA & a mystery partner[/B] vs. ALICIA STRONG & WANDA FISH MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. [B]VENGEANCE (c)[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. DES DAVIDS [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for the MWA Grand Championship

[B]GREG GAUGE[/B] vs. MATT GAUGE I think Greg has to get the win, but I can't say this is my most confident pick. STEVE GUMBLE vs. [B]THOMAS MORGAN (c)[/B] for the MWA Rising Star Title I can't shake the image of Gumble as a jobber now. THE JOEYS ( c) vs. [B]AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship It might be too early, but I think it'll happen this way. [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA & a mystery partner[/B] vs. ALICIA STRONG & WANDA FISH I wish I knew the women better, I could make a call for a partner. Thunder Hike, maybe? MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. [B]VENGEANCE (c)[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship I'm tempted to go with Mainstream, but my instinct says Vengeance retains--possibly a DQ victory for Hernandez? [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. DES DAVIDS Ernest is on a roll, and I like it. [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for the MWA Grand Championship I think it might be time for the change. What's up with all the good chemistry as of late? That's not your roster!

[B]GREG GAUGE[/B] vs. MATT GAUGE STEVE GUMBLE vs. [B]THOMAS MORGAN (c)[/B] for the MWA Rising Star Title THE JOEYS ( c) vs. [B]AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship SENSATIONAL OGIWARA & a mystery partner vs. [B]ALICIA STRONG & WANDA FISH[/B] MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. [B]VENGEANCE (c)[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. DES DAVIDS [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for the MWA Grand Championship Wow, Agony's Bikers are working out well for you!

From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Be sure to order [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Ascendant"[/COLOR][/B] this Sunday, exclusively on Pay-Per-View![/SIZE][/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [B][I]Brothers Greg and Matthew Gauge collide -[/I][/B] Greg has been consistently humiliated by his twin brother and it's pushed him over the edge, to the point that he recently beat down his own father. What will happen when these two legacies face off in the ring this time? [B][I]Thomas Morgan defends [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR]against Steve Gumble -[/I][/B] Steve took exception to Thomas Morgan's attack on Joanne Rodriguez and vowed to make Thomas pay. Thomas has managed to thwart Steve's efforts. Now they'll finally face off. Will Thomas add to Steve's humiliation? Or will Steve find satisfaction and Rising Star gold? [B][I]Agony's Bikers try to take [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR]away from the Joeys -[/I][/B] Ronnie V. Pain and Lead Belly have made quite the splash in the MWA. But do they have what it takes to topple the Joeys? [B][I]Wanda Fish and Alicia Strong take on Sensational Ogiwara and her mystery partner -[/I][/B] Ogiwara wants to face Wanda and Alicia, but her choice in tag team partner was taken out of the equation. Now she claims she has someone to help her. Who is it? And will he or she be enough to beat Wanda and Alicia? [B][I]Mainstream Hernandez clashes with [COLOR="red"]MWA Regional Champion [/COLOR]Vengeance for the title - [/I][/B]Mainstream lost the title two months ago to surprise challenger Marc DuBois. Last month, he failed to get the title in a tag match when Vengeance was added to the match. Now he gets his chance against Vengeance one-on-one. But does he have what it takes to beat Vengeance? [B][I]Ernest Youngman goes toe-to-toe with Des Davids -[/I][/B] Ernest has taken exception to the way that Nemesis has been running the MWA and has stuck his nose into the boss's business. Now Nemesis has tapped Des Davids to teach Ernest a lesson. Can Des shut Ernest down? Or will Ernest emerge triumphant? [B][I]Izaak Tischler defends [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]against Davis Wayne Newton -[/I][/B] These two have put on epic, classic matches. Now they face off for the most prestigious title in the business today once again. Who will emerge triumphant? Who will slink off defeated? [CENTER][SIZE="4"]All these answers plus a special surprise from Nemesis, this Sunday on [COLOR="DarkRed"]"Ascendant!"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Ascendant”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Sunday of Week 3, June 2013[/I] Held at the Theatre of Dreams in the North West Territory 10,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!; Buy-Rate of 1.49[/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off in Nemesis’s office. In a segment taped earlier, Nemesis explained that since he’s in charge, he’s the one who decides how things are going to go. And as part of that, he’s had the wrestlers of the MWA working on special projects all month. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“See, I’d like to think that the Midwest Wrestling Association is about more than just wrestling. We’re an entertainment company as well. That’s why I had our talented workers put together a series of short movies. This is to show Hollywood that we have a lot to offer. So enjoy the night, ladies and gentlemen.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) The first wrestler we hear from is Steve Gumble. Steve doesn’t pretend to be about entertainment. Instead, he ranted about Thomas Morgan, saying that tonight, he was going to bring him to justice. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Matthew Gauge was backstage, getting ready for his match. The door to his locker room opened and Matt turned around. He frowned and demanded, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What do you want?”[/COLOR] The camera swivelled around to reveal Sam Keith. Sam said he knew that he and Matt hadn’t seen eye-to-eye, but he was hoping that Matt would listen to reason. He begged him not to go ahead with the match against Greg. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“There’s been enough pain in our family as it is,” [/COLOR]Sam said. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Let this go so we can start to heal.”[/COLOR] Matt snarled and informed his dad that there was no way he was going to just let this go. He pointed out that he wasn’t the one who started it. It was Greg. It was Greg who kept coming back for more. And it was Greg that attacked him this past Thursday. Greg started it, and Matt was going to finish it tonight. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for Sam’s asking; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for Matt’s rant 4) Speaking of Greg, the camera picked him up going toward the ring with a very intense look on his face. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) [B]GREG GAUGE vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] This was a great way to kick off the show. Greg and Matt tore each other to pieces. The Rev commented that this was a hard one to call since both men were so into it plus it was hard to tell who was who at times. But their intensity paid off in a match that kept the fans on their feet. Lots of very powerful moves, plus Matt seemed to be holding a technical clinic for Greg, using a number of holds and locks to try to wear him down. But in the end, Greg managed to ring Matt’s bell with a few well-timed kicks to the head. And then Greg took Matt down and got him into the Proton Lock. Matt struggled to get tot he ropes but couldn’t. He eventually tapped out. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 14:06 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 6) But Greg wasn’t done. He cinched up the Lock even tighter. Eventually the ref got him to break the hold. But he still wasn’t finished. He went to ringside and tossed in the top of the stairs. He then got a chair as well. He set Matt’s leg on the stairs, positioning the knee. He smashed Matt on the knee several times. The ref tried to order him away, but he shoved the ref down. And he still wasn’t done. He moved Matt around and set his head in the crook of the stairs. He once again raised the chair... That’s when Sam Keith hobbled out to the ring as quickly as he could. He got into the ring and placed himself over Matt, holding up his hands and begging Greg to stop. Greg wavered for a moment, but then looked at Matt, whose face was twisted in pain. The chair clattered to the ring and Greg collapsed, weeping. Sam pulled Greg in and the three Gauges hugged in the middle of the ring. Sam then helped his two sons out of the ring and took them backstage. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) And it’s time for the first of the movie parodies. The Calamari Kid and Hugh de Aske starred in the first, an obvious parody of “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.” The Kid’s natural athleticism carried him through some of the fencing, but Hugh stole the show with a dead-on impersonation of Captain Jack Sparrow. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) Ernest Youngman appeared on screen. He complimented the Kid and Hugh for their great performance, but said it was ridiculous that they had to do that in the first place. He pointed out that a show like “Ascendant” should be about wrestling, not silly movie parodies. He said that Nemesis was out of control and head to be stopped. He finally turned to Des Davids. He said that he held nothing against Des, not really. But he said that if Nemesis was going to be stopped, Des would have to go down first. He said he almost pitied Des but that wouldn’t stop him from pinning Des one-two-three. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Joanne Rodriguez appeared backstage with the Sensational Ogiwara. J-Ro said it was time to reveal who Ogiwara’s partner was. It was none other than Junior! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) Thomas Morgan now appeared on screen, giggling maniacally and promising that Steve Gumble was going to be broken in half. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 11) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. THOMAS MORGAN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A pretty good match. Much better than I thought it would be. I know I’ve been criminally underusing these two and they kind of proved it by putting on a decent match. Thomas seemed more content with hurting Steve but Steve was able to blunt most of his offense. He finally took Thomas down and got him pinned. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 9:06 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) Backstage, Sam Keith addressed the fans. He said that he and his boys were going to take a break from the MWA for a little while and try to get back on the same page. He told everyone not to relax too much, though, because when they came back, Team Gauge was going to prove why wrestling was a family matter. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 13) Nemesis was backstage with Des Davids. Nemesis told Des to focus on destroying Ernest Youngman tonight. He said he wanted that “punk” to be crushed and bleeding by the end of their match. Des assured Nemesis that would be no problem. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) Fumihiro Ota, Junior, and Jay Chord appeared in a movie parody. Although I can’t be sure, I think it was supposed to be a live action version of “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.” Sadly, it was really hard to tell because neither Junior nor Jay had their hearts in it. Ota did an okay job as the Shredder, but his helmet was a few sizes too large and kept slipping over his eyes. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 15) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring. He seemed to be moving a bit stiffly. He said that he knew he wasn’t the odds-on favorite to win the Grand Championship tonight. He said he knew he had taken a number of beatings the past couple of weeks. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But you’ll notice, I’m still standing.”[/COLOR] He said that Izaak could do whatever he wanted. It wasn’t going to change the fact that tonight, he was going to become the Grand Champion. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 16) Backstage, Alicia Strong and Wanda Fish weighed in on their match against Ogiwara and Junior. They didn’t think it was anything to worry about and confidently predicted that they would destroy them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 17) [B]THE SENSATIONAL OGIWARA & JUNIOR vs. WANDA FISH & ALICIA STRONG[/B] A pretty decent match, all things considered. All four ladies stepped up their game and you could tell that they were doing their best to out-do the others. Wanda and Alicia took every advantage they could but Ogiwara and Junior kept up with them the whole time and gelled as a team. In the end, Alicia and Wanda tried to isolate Ogiwara, but she was able to fight back and, much to everyone’s surprise, dropped Alicia with a Sensational Stunner for the pin and the win. WINNERS: [B]Sensational Ogiwara & Junior [/B]in 12:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 18) Alicia and Wanda were not happy about their loss. Once Alicia had picked herself up, the two of them attacked Junior and Ogiwara, beating them down. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 19) Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Primus Allen appeared in a rather lackluster parody of the scene in “Pulp Fiction” where John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson discussed cheeseburgers. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 20) A video played, hyping how Mainstream Hernandez lost the Regional Championship, how Vengeance won it, and how, at their last match, Vengeance cheated to get the win. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 21) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. VENGEANCE (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] A pretty good match that got the audience popping again. Mainstream dug deep in his arsenal of quick offense to keep Vengeance on his toes. Vengeance mostly relied on some big power moves to keep Mainstream grounded. It was a pretty decent balance of action and strength. Mainstream clearly had Vengeance’s number. There were times when Vengeance pulled ahead but Mainstream was always able to recover. Vengeance tried to set Mainstream up for the Justice Crusher at one point, but Mainstream flipped them both over and slammed Vengeance to the mat back-first. Finally, Vengeance managed to get Mainstream down and pinned him with a handful of tights. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 15:20 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 22) Agony’s Bikers did a parody of “Ghost Rider” that sadly did little to salvage the original. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 23) [B]THE JOEYS (c) vs. AGONY’S BIKERS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A pretty good match. The Joeys didn’t seem too sure how to handle Ronnie and Lead Belly. They seemed rather hesitant to engage them in any type of physical contact. They started the match by tagging each other in and out repeatedly. When Lead finally charged Joey P., he bailed out of the ring and took a few moments to confer with Joey B. When he finally got back into the ring, though, it was good. The Bikers obviously relied on a lot of power to beat the champs, but the Joeys were able to deal with that fairly well. In the end, Joey Poison managed to drop Ronnie with an Antidote Web. WINNERS: [B]The Joeys [/B]in 13:14 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 24) Izaak Tischler weighed in on how much of a threat he saw Davis Wayne Newton. It turns out, not a lot. He confidently boasted that he would still have the gold at the end of the night. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 25) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Holy cow. Great match out of these two. Ernest really showed that he is the “Assassin of the Squared Circle” in the way he dealt with Des. Don’t get me wrong, Des put in some great offense. He had Ernest reeling on a number of different occasions. But each time, Ernest managed to rally and fought back, finally dropping Des with a swinging neckbreaker. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 14:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 26) Ernest celebrated his win, only to get attacked from behind by Nemesis, who was wielding a chair. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 27) In the final parody of the evening, Izaak Tischler, Wanda Fish, and Alicia Strong acted out a scene from “Mission: Impossible.” It was probably the best of the evening, but that’s not saying much. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 28) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] This one really surprised me. I knew these two had great matches in them but I hadn’t expected this. Lots of near falls, lots of crazy spots. Davis did some flying at one point that had the Rev begging for more. Even Emma Chase grudgingly admitted that Davis looked like championship material. But Izaak also showed why he was the champ. Davis couldn’t get more than a one count out of him and you could tell that he was getting more and more frustrated as the match went on. But then Izaak was growing frustrated too, especially when he hit the Crucifix Slam and Davis kicked out. Izaak finally snapped and went out to ringside and tossed a few chairs into the ring. He then got one of his own and crawled inside, only to discover that Davis had gotten to his feet and had a chair of his own. The ref ordered them to put the chairs down but they didn’t listen. They swung at the same time and hit each other over the heads, knocking each other out. The ref seemed a bit confused and finally shrugged and started a ten count. It ended in a draw (but oddly, the crowd didn’t seem to mind). WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 23:28 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 29) Izaak eventually recovered and seemed extremely angry that the ref had counted him out. He finally took out his frustration by getting Davis into a Crucifix Slam, dropping him head-first onto one of the chairs. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [U][B]THE AFTERMATH[/B][/U] I thought we were in trouble halfway through the show, but the last two matches really saved us. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Ascendant”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Greg Gauge defeated Matthew Gauge -[/I] [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Thomas Morgan (c) to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Sensational Ogiwara & Junior defeated Alicia Strong & Wanda Fish -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Vengeance (c) defeated Mainstream Hernandez to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]The Joeys (c) defeated Agony’s Bikers to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Des Davids -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) drew with Davis Wayne Newton and so retained [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 4, June 2013[/I] Held at McGaw Arena in the Tri State Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring, a big bandage over one eyebrow. He smiled as the crowd cheered him. He then talked about his match against Izaak Tischler from this past Sunday. He said that it was an epic battle and that even he was a bit disappointed in how he got suckered into finishing it. But then he pointed something out: Izaak didn’t beat him. He then mocked Izaak, reminding the champ of how he was going to beat him down so bad. He pointed out he was still standing and, as far as the record books are concerned, this past Sunday wasn’t a loss. It wasn’t a win either, he admitted, but that’s just a technicality. Izaak apparently had enough. He stormed out to the ring entrance looking furious. He railed against Davis, saying that he had him beat and he knew it. He accused Davis of all sorts of cheating and said that’s the only reason why he resorted to using a chair to end things. He said he could beat him any time, any place. Davis suggested right here in the McGaw Arena. When Izaak hesitated, Davis replied that he obviously didn’t want to be beaten. That was enough. Izaak tossed down the title belt and charged the ring and the two started brawling. Officials boiled out of the back to separate the two of them. Nemesis followed them and told them to knock it off. They weren’t going to do that in the house that Nemesis built. He said he was absolutely furious at the two of them. He said that the lousy ending to their match wrecked the deals he had been trying to cut with Hollywood. So to prove that they weren’t small time, Nemesis was going to “restart the match” later in the show. Davis and Izaak would pick up where they left off in the main event. Nemesis then paused for a moment while the audience booed (although you could hear a few fans chanting “Ne-me-sis!”) Nemesis focused on those fans and said it was good to be home. He once again called McGaw Arena the house that Nemesis built. He talked about how he built McGaw on the backs of his old DaVE opponents: Acid, Chris Caulfield, the McWades, the Peaks. He said that the MWA was becoming the house that Nemesis renovated. He then mocked Ernest, saying that all those DaVE old-timers learned the hard way you don’t cross Nemesis and this past Sunday, Ernest learned the same thing. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the initial argument and the match announcement; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the taunting 2) [B]DES DAVIDS vs. LEAD BELLY[/B] Which led to the first match, actually. Emma explained dispassionately that Des was being punished for not taking care of Ernest the way he should have. Lead was simply the weapon in Nemesis’s hand to do it. And that’s what Lead did. Des really fought back hard but in the end, Lead Belly destroyed him with an RPM Bomb. WINNER: [B]Lead Belly [/B]in 7:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Backstage, Mainstream Hernandez found Nemesis and demanded a rematch against Vengeance. Nemesis said that since Mainstream has let the Regional Championship slip through his fingers for the past three Pay-Per-Views, he’s not really inclined to agree. But he was going to give him a fair chance: he’d book him in a match against Jay Chord later tonight. Whoever won the match won the title shot for “Taste of Fame.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) Sensational Ogiwara and Junior appeared on screen. Through Junior, Ogiwara challenged Wanda Fish to a match at “Taste of Fame.” Junior then laid down a challenge of her own against Alicia Strong for the same show. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 5) Backstage, Alicia and Wanda were watching the challenge on a monitor. They didn’t seem happy, especially when Alicia pointed out that Nemesis might want to make those matches anyway. Wanda opined they probably didn’t have any choice but to accept. That’s when Izaak happened along. You could see a light bulb go off over Wanda’s head. She sidled up to Izaak and suggested that they talk. Alicia watched them go and then turned around, almost running over Steve Gumble. Alicia demanded that Steve watch where he’s going. Steve pointed out that it was Alicia who ran into him. Alicia asked who he thought he was. Steve pointed to the Rising Star Title around his waist. Alicia laughed it off, pointing out that she had held the MWA Grand Championship. Steve innocently asked where it was now. That was it for Alicia. She demanded that the two of them meet in the ring later and Steve agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for Wanda’s idea; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the argument 6) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Jay offered to shake hands with Mainstream before the match got started but Mainstream refused. While these two had bad chemistry together, their relative popularity carried them through to a pretty decent ending. Mainstream tried to take Jay out fast and hard but Jay remained more patient, working to ground Mainstream as much as possible while working on his knees. In the end, Jay caught Mainstream out of the air during an attempted Apparition #14 and turned it into a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 8:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) A video aired, reminding folks of how the match between Izaak and Davis ended on Sunday. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. ALICIA STRONG[/B] Whoa! Good chemistry on the heels of bad. That’s a nice surprise. Steve took Alicia by surprise and got a pinfall within thirty seconds. Alicia kicked out right before the ref hit two but you could read the angry surprise in her eyes. The match was spectacular and I think surprised the fans as well. Things came to an explosive end when Alicia hit Steve with a Strong Interaction. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 10:05 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) Mainstream Hernandez was backstage, despondent after losing to Jay Chord. Joanne Rodriguez found him and tried to cheer him up by saying that the doctors had finally cleared her and she could wrestle once again. She said that they could go back to being the “Latin Connection” and go after the tag titles. Mainstream took little comfort in that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) Nemesis found Izaak backstage. He put his arm around him and let him know that he was proud of him, that he was glad that Izaak still had the MWA Grand Championship. But then he pulled Izaak in close and told him that he better not disappoint him tonight. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B-[/COLOR] 11) [B]THE JOEYS (c) vs. THE TITANS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] The Joeys simply shone in this match. They looked every inch the champs as they took on Bulldozer and Primus. The crowd honestly didn’t seem to mind when they won, even though they did it by cheating (Joey B. got Primus into a Boston Crab and grabbed onto Joey P.’s hands for extra leverage to make Primus tap). WINNERS: [B]The Joeys [/B]in 8:29 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) It’s time for the main event and Nemesis came out to the ring to help the Rev and Emma Chase call the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Not quite as good as the match on Sunday but hey, we’re not going to give something like that away for free. Davis and Izaak tore into each other before the bell could even ring and they put on a really intense battle. Both men scored near falls and went for their finishers early only to miss or have their opponents slip through. It became clear as the match went on that Davis was in solid control of the match. Nemesis disagreed with that assessment, but eventually even he had to glumly admit that it looked like a new champ was going to be crowned. That’s when Izaak rolled out of the ring and got his title belt. He got back into the ring and used it to nearly knock Davis’s head off. The ref immediately called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] by DQ in 12:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Izaak screamed abuse at Davis and was so distracted he didn’t see Ernest Youngman hit the ring. Ernest stalked the champ and the middle Izaak turned around, Ernest kicked him in the gut and then hit a swinging neckbreaker, dropping Izaak onto his own title belt. Ernest then climbed a turnbuckle and glared at Nemesis, who glared back. The show ended with their staring match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Some pleasant surprises this show. We got a rating of 5.88. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Lead Belly defeated Des Davids [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Mainstream Hernandez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]The Joeys (c) defeated the Titans to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Izaak Tischler (c) by DQ so Izaak retained [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

To be honest, the idea has occurred to me. I probably won't pursue it for a little while (i.e. while I'm still Cult). That way, when I need to expand my roster, I can maybe bring in another woman or two to round out a decent division. If I were to do it, I suspect I wouldn't "put up any walls," so to speak. I still like the idea of the women going toe-to-toe with the men.

[QUOTE=GuyInTheCorner;288023]Yea, I figured that's how you would go about it, but I do think it would be a nice gesture to show that most of the women on your roster are more than capable of main eventing without being the novelty woman fighting a man.[/QUOTE] Wanda Fish/Alicia Strong's been a pretty fair main event, don't you say?

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, July 2013[/I] Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Nemesis appeared on screen from his office. He reminded the audience of how Ernest Youngman attacked Izaak Tischler last week. As a result, Ernest has been banned from the building supposedly for the safety of the other wrestlers. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Steven Parker and the Calamari Kid came out to the ring. They got the mics and announced that they were tired of being overlooked. They had formed a tag team and were going to mix things up. The Kid admitted sheepishly that they didn’t have a name for their tag team yet, but they were confident they would come up with one soon. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) [B]THE CALAMARI KID & STEVEN PARKER vs. THE TITANS[/B] I think the audience was surprised at this one. The Kid and Parker have good chemistry as a team together and it really showed. The Kid especially looked on fire in the ring as he and Parker worked over the bigger men. In the end, Parker dropped Primus with a Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]The Calamari Kid & Steven Parker [/B]in 7:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Backstage, Junior was at the craft service table when Alicia Strong, Wanda Fish, and Izaak Tischler attacked her and beat the holy hell out of her. Alicia and Wanda laughed at her and then thanked Izaak for his help. The champ said it was his pleasure and he was glad for the warm-up for his match against Mainstream Hernandez tonight. As the heels walked away, the camera caught a glimpse of Ernest Yougnman sneaking through the halls. The audience popped at the sight of him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the sneak peek 5) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. JOEY POISON[/B] The Rev played up the fact that J-Ro’s first match in the ring since being injured by Thomas Morgan was against one half of the tag champs. The Rev speculated that her good showing in the match might mean that the Latin Connection was in the title hunt again. If they are, the champs might be in trouble. J-Ro wasn’t suffering from any ring rust and, in the end, she took down Joey with a J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 7:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) Agony’s Bikers were working on their bikes backstage when Ronnie spotted Ernest Youngman. Ronnie tapped Lead Belly on the shoulder and the two of them charged Ernest. Ernest fought back and, much to the surprise of the bikers, he was able to hold his own against both of them. They shouted for help. That help turned out to be Nemesis himself. Ernest slipped past all three of them and Nemesis ordered the bikers after him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 7) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Not too bad of a match. Thomas cackled maniacally as he stalked around the ring. Ogiwara seemed a bit unsure of how to handle that but did her best. Thomas took control of the match early on and it looked like he might actually get an upset on Ogiwara. But Ogiwara fought back and soon, she was in complete control. She maintained that control all the way through a vicious Sensational Stunner that nearly took Thomas’s head off. WINNER: [B]Sensational Ogiwara [/B]in 11:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) Nemesis came out to the ring, looking a bit rumpled from his attempt at catching Ernest Youngman. He said he came out to discuss the Grand Championship situation. People started chanting for Davis Wayne Newton. Nemesis acknowledged them but said they’d be disappointed. He’d given Davis the night off. That earned him some very angry boos. He went on and said that Davis’s agent had been hounding him for the past few weeks, first because of the draw at “Ascendant” and then for the DQ ending from last week’s match. He said that Davis’s agent had even threatened legal action against the MWA. So Nemesis had no choice: he was booking one final title shot between Izaak Tischler and Davis Wayne Newton for “Taste of Fame” in two weeks. Nemesis stressed that after that match, there would be no rematches. If Izaak retained, Davis was done. If Davis captured the title, Izaak wouldn’t get a rematch for it. Before he could leave, though, the bikers came out and sheepishly reported that Ernest gave them the slip. Nemesis was not happy and took out his frustration by ordering Ronnie V. Pain into the ring to face Jay Chord, the #1 Contender for the MWA Regional Championship RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) Jay Chord came out to the ring and took the mic from Nemesis as he left. Jay ignored Ronnie, who waited in the ring. Instead, he addressed himself to Vengeance. He said that Vengeance seemed like a big scary guy, hiding behind his skull mask and all that. But Jay promised that in two weeks, he’d show Vengeance what the meaning of true fear was. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) [B]JAY CHORD vs. RONNIE V. PAIN[/B] The audience was up for this one. And with good reason too. Everything just flowed perfectly into a great match. Even Kristen Pearce, who stayed at ringside with her boy, did a great job stoking up the crowd even more. Ronnie mostly relied on power moves to batter Jay around the ring. Jay had difficulty weathering the assault at first but then he started to fight back after nearly getting pinned. He knocked Ronnie for a loop and then nearly knocked him out with a cradle piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 9:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) Backstage, Vengeance watched Jay on a monitor in eery silence. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) Nemesis paced in his office but looked up as security guards came in. He roughly demanded that they tell him what was going on with Ernest Youngman. The guards admitted they couldn’t find him anywhere. Nemesis was furious and shoved the guards out of the office, saying that he was going to take charge of the search personally. As soon as the door was shut, Ernest appeared out of nowhere. He quickly shuffled through the papers on Nemesis’s desk, found one, and with a crafty smile, started writing on it. As soon as he was done, he slipped out of the office. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) Backstage, Mainstream Hernandez did not look happy, but Joanne Rodriguez tried to cheer him up and get him psyched for his match against Izaak. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Look, this is a perfect opportunity for us,”[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I beat Joey already tonight. If you can beat Izaak, then we can go to Nemesis and pretty much write our own match for ‘Taste of Fame.’ We can have a title shot by the end of the night. So go out there and show what you’ve got.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 14) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Another great match to close out the show. Mainstream didn’t appear to be totally in it but he slowly picked up his game as the match went on, even getting a near fall and a chance to hit the Apparition #14. He missed, though, and Izaak was always able to kick out. In the end, the champ picked up the win with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 10:07 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 15) Izaak celebrated his victory and talked trash at the crowd. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] It feels like we’re beginning to pick up some momentum as a promotion. Tonight we actually outranked TCW’s Squared Circle (it got a B-). We got a rating of 6.42. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]The Calamari Kid & Steven Parker defeated the Titans [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]The Sensational Ogiwara defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Ronnie V. Pain [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Mainstream Hernandez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA[I] Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, July 2013[/I] Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Nemesis appeared on screen and said that tonight, the MWA had to take care of some business. First of all, there is going to be a contract signing later in the show for the match between Davis Wayne Newton and Izaak Tischler at “Taste of Fame.” Second, there would be a match to determine who would face the Joeys for the MWA Tag Team Championship. This match would take place between Steven Parker & the Calamari Kid and the Latin Connection. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 2) In a video shot last week after Firestom was over, Sensational Ogiwara went to Junior (who was being looked over by some medics). They spoke in Japanese, but there were convenient subtitles. Ogiwara apologized to Junior for not watching her back. Junior said there was no need to apologize. She’s a big girl. She can handle herself. Ogiwara didn’t buy that, pointing out that this showed how dishonorable their opponents were. Ogiwara said she would do something to prove to them they were not to be trifled with. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and ripped on Izaak Tischler. He pointed out that Izaak got a match last week while he got benched. He said what the real reason was: Izaak was running scared and hiding behind Nemesis. He doesn’t want anyone to show him up in the ring. Davis said he wouldn’t be able to hide come “Taste of Fame.” Davis would show up the Grand Champion and claim that title for himself. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 4)[B] DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] For once, the pirate didn’t seem that jolly. The Rev said he couldn’t blame him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “I’ve seen opponents look at me the way Davis is looking at Hugh. I usually wound up in the hospital afterwards.”[/COLOR] Davis took it to Hugh before the bell even rang. Hugh did his best to fight back and even managed to sneak in some offense, but Davis destroyed him (much to the delight of the crowd, I might add). In the end, as Hugh went for a Cut Throat Driver, Davis snatched him out of the air and turned it into a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 9:33 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) Sensational Ogiwara appeared on camera next to Joanne Rodriguez. Once again, J-Ro did the translating for Ogiwara. Ogiwara was intense and focused. Joanne did most of the translating, explaining that Ogiwara didn’t believe that Wanda or Alicia took her seriously as a threat (although Alicia should know better). Ogiwara said that very few people seemed to be taking her seriously. So she would have to change that. Ogiwara said something that startled J-Ro. J-Ro didn’t translate it for a moment. Ogiwara spitted her with an angry look. Joanne went on, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s why she wants Izaak Tischler tonight in the main event ... for the Grand Championship.”[/COLOR] Nemesis appeared on the big screen and said that he liked the sounds of that. The match was made! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 6) [B]REMMY SKYE vs. VENGEANCE (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Remmy hadn’t thawed during his time out of the ring. He was still as expressionless as ever. Emma commented that this was an odd match. You have Remmy who doesn’t crack a smile and rarely talks taking on Vengeance, who could be his twin in terms of expressiveness. Vengeance made short work of Remmy, taking him apart and then finishing him off with a Justice Crusher. WINNER: [B]Vengeance[/B] in 6:50 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) A video played of the attack on Junior last week. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE CALAMARI KID & STEVEN PARKER[/B] An okay match, but J-Ro seemed to have worn out her welcome. The Rev commented that Nemesis should spring for a translator for Ogiwara or something so Joanne could focus on what she’s actually being paid to do. Apparently the extra duties didn’t hamper her too badly. She seemed to be the one in charge tonight, leading a sullen Mainstream through the match. She and the Calamari Kid really went toe-to-toe and seemed to be feeding off of each other. At one point, after a rather fluid exchange of high-flying moves, the Kid and J-Ro actually paused for a moment to smile at each other. The Kid applauded and Joanne took a bow. But then it was all business as the two teams tried to one-up the other. In the end, Joanne put the Kid down with a J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]The Latin Connection [/B]in 10:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) The ring was soon transformed with a table in the middle of the ring and Nemesis waiting with the contract. First he introduced Davis Wayne Newton. Then he introduced the current MWA Grand Champion and the person who will decimate the Sensational Ogiwara later tonight, Izaak Tischler. The two men came together and Nemesis had to get between them before it came to blows. He asserted his authority and said that they weren’t going to give away their match on free TV. He allowed Izaak to sign first. Izaak talked some trash, reminding Davis that as many times as they’ve faced each other, Izaak has always walked away with the title. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And in the end, that’s what really matters, right? And at ‘Taste of Fame,’ I will walk away with the title and never have to worry about you again.”[/COLOR] Izaak signed the contract and slid it across the table. Davis picked it up. He started to say something but then stopped. He looked at the contract and signed it without a word. He handed it back to Nemesis with a sly smirk on his face. That’s when Ernest Youngman’s music hit. Oddly, Davis didn’t seem surprised. Ernest came out and congratulated Nemesis on a successful contract signing. He said, though, that this was obviously the first one he conducted as a boss and not a worker ... since he obviously didn’t double check the contract he had Izaak and Davis sign. If he had, he would have discovered the slight modification Ernest made to it last week. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“It still will be Davis Wayne Newton and Izaak Tischler for the MWA Grand Championship. Only now ... it’ll be in a steel cell.”[/COLOR] Davis laughed and left the ring while Izaak and Nemesis panicked, looking over the contract. Izaak threw a fit and Nemesis quickly snatched up a mic. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So glad you’re here, Ernest. You’re just in time for your match ... against Lead Belly!”[/COLOR] Almost immediately, Lead Belly ran over Ernest with a clubbing forearm blow and dragged him down to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the contract signing; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for Ernest’s surprise; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the match announcement 10) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. LEAD BELLY[/B] Lead Belly was able to dominate Ernest in the early going, taking advantage of the quick start. He knocked Ernest around the ring and played with him a bit before going for a pinfall. But Ernest kicked out, much to Lead Belly’s horror. From then on, Ernest slowly rallied until finally, he put Lead Belly down with a swinging neckbreaker. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 9:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) Ernest, a little worse for wear, got a mic and, even though he was clearly tired, taunted Nemesis that it would take a lot more than just one worn out old biker to take him out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Backstage, Wanda Fish psyched up Izaak for his match against Ogiwara. She assured him that he didn’t have to worry, that everything was well under control. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] A really great match. Ogiwara and Izaak put on a great show together. It started with Izaak seemingly in control. But after a few minutes, the Rev crowed that Ogiwara was simply toying with Izaak and gauging his skills. In a split second, Ogiwara was in control and schooling Izaak on technical wrestling. Izaak managed to rally a few times but Ogiwara simply soldiered on and it appeared as if she were going to win it all. That’s when Alicia Strong hit the ring. While Izaak distracted the ref, Alicia nailed Ogiwara with a Strong Interaction. As soon as Alicia was out of the ring, Izaak capped off the match with a Crucifix Slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 11:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Izaak wasn’t done. He started stomping on Ogiwara, mocking her. That’s when Davis Wayne Newton hit the ring and chased Izaak out of there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Both Nemesis and J-Ro were used too much in the show. We got a rating of 6.63. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Vengeance (c) defeated Remmy Skye to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]The Latin Connection defeated the Calamari Kid & Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Lead Belly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Sensational Ogiwara to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Sunday of Week 2, July 2013 -[/I][/B] The SWF held “The Supreme Challenge” last night. It not only shows how intertwined all of us “little” promotions are but also how far the SWF has fallen. To wit: the star of the show was Jay Chord according to PWHM.com. His opponent? Izaak Tischler. Also from the MWA: Sam Keith, Lead Belly, Des Davids, Ernest Youngman, and Hugh de Aske. As for the fall of the SWF, this is supposed to be the biggest night in professional wrestling, right? The pinnacle of the whole industry? Well, it’s not so much anymore. They held this show in the Missouri State Armoury, the same place we did our episode of Firestorm. Granted, they sold out the Armoury too, but it gets worse. They got a rating of 0.62. Our last pay-per-view, “Ascendant,” got a rating of 1.49.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, July 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR]) Held at Centerpiece Bridge in the Mid Atlantic Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic appeared on screen, announcing that tonight’s main event would be Davis Wayne Newton and Sensational Ogiwara teaming up against Izaak Tischler and Wanda Fish! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) That was followed by a video from last week, reminding folks how, at the contract signing, Ernest Youngman pulled a switcheroo and transformed the main event Grand Championship title match into a steel cell match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Nemesis came out to the ring where he was booed by a number of fans. He said that they had every reason to boo him and that he would boo himself if he could. He said he got played by Ernest Youngman and he’s a big enough man to admit it. But he would have the last laugh. He booked Ernest in a handicap match against Agony’s Bikers for “Taste of Fame!” Ernest came out and said that was no big deal, that he was the Assassin of the Squared Circle, and he would take down Nemesis’s biker boys and bury them. But he wanted to sweeten the pot a little. He wanted a stipulation added to that handicap match: if he loses to the Bikers, he will willingly serve a month’s suspension. If he wins, he gets Nemesis in the ring at “Resurgence.” Nemesis seemed surprised at the request but agreed to it, saying it felt good to be in the ring against Archangel a few months ago and it would be great to beat the holy hell out of Ernest ... if he wins. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And hey, just to show you that I’m a big hearted kind of guy, I’ll even help you get ready for your match this Sunday by booking you in a match against one half of the tag champs, Joey Beauchamp ... for right now!”[/COLOR] Before Ernest could react, Joey ran him over from behind and took him down to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the handicap match announcement; [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] for the second announcement 4) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Whoa. What a way to kick off a show! It was an explosive match. Joey was able to take advantage of Ernest’s stunned nature for the first few minutes. He came close to pinning him twice but eventually, Ernest started to fight back. Soon they were trading blows in earnest. But the Rev noticed that referee Jez McArthuer seemed to be counting a bit slower for Ernest than for Joey. Emma blew it off and said that he was imagining things. The Rev reluctantly agreed with that assessment. That is, until the end of the match. Ernest managed to drop kick Joey out of the air and pinned him. Joey was so out of it he didn’t seem to be truly conscious. Jez counted one ... two ... and then stopped, a pained expression on his face. Jez got up and stood there. Ernest got to his feet and argued with Jez a bit but Jez shrugged and wouldn’t say anything. Before Ernest could say too much, though, Joey came back to life and tripped Ernest up, pinning him while Jez hit a very fast three-count and then bailed out of the ring with Joey. Ernest rolled over and saw Nemesis, who simply smiled and patted Jez on the back as the ref left the ring. The Rev wondered how Ernest would ever beat Agony’s Bikers since he was really fighting the boss. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 9:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis left the ringside area, assuring Jez that Ernest wouldn’t touch him, when he came face to face with Kristen Pearce, who was flanked by Agony’s Bikers. Kristen ripped into Nemesis, demanding to know why her boys weren’t getting a title shot at “Taste of Fame.” Nemesis explained that he needed them to take down Ernest in the ring. That’s why he didn’t book them in the #1 Contenders match a few weeks ago; he was holding them in reserve. Lead Belly and Ronnie V. Pain did not look happy, so Nemesis made them a promise: if they did the handicap match, they’d get a title shot at “Resurgence.” That didn’t mollify them too much but they did let Nemesis pass. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) [B]STEVE GUMBLE (c) vs. PRIMUS ALLEN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A good chance for the fans to catch their breath after an explosive beginning. Primus and Steve worked a fairly fast-paced match that ended with Gumble getting the pin. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 9:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) [B]JAY CHORD vs. FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] Another decent match. Emma Chase criticized Jay because she thought he was holding back a little. The Rev said that was a smart strategy since Jay would be facing Vengeance in a few days at “Taste of Fame.” In the end, Jay put Ota down with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 10:53 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B[/COLOR] 8) After the match was over, Vengeance came out to the ring and got in Jay’s face. They didn’t say anything but they had a heck of a staring contest. Not too sure who won it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Backstage, Alicia Strong met with Izaak Tischler and Wanda Fish. Alicia assured them that their tag match would go smoothly because she had their back. They’d have the chance to humiliate their opponents before Sunday and that’d give them the boost they’d need to win big. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) [B]FIRE & ICE vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] A pretty good match out of these four. Remmy and Junior looked pretty good in the ring together and Kristen did a good job rallying her boys from the outside. It was a pretty even battle all things considered. Ronnie and Lead didn’t take Junior too seriously and paid for it when she seemed to snap and went off on them. They actually retreated out of the ring and hid behind Kristen for a moment or two (which Emma called a “strategy session”). In the end, Ronnie took down Remmy with a Power Chord for the pin and the win. WINNERS: [B]Agony’s Bikers [/B]in 9:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Davis was backstage walking by a locker room door. He stopped to knock on it and out came Sensational Ogiwara. Davis asked if she was ready and she nodded. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON & SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. IZAAK TISCHLER & WANDA FISH[/B] Great match. Not as good as our opening bout but still, a really good cap to carry us into “Taste of Fame.” Lots of hot tags, lots of near falls, this match had a lot of drama as both teams tried to destroy the others. Whenever Davis or Ogiwara took the lead, Izaak and Wanda would look toward the entrance like they were expecting something. Nothing ever happened and that seemed to bother them. They managed to hold their own in spite of that but in the end, Ogiwara dropped Izaak with a Sensational Stunner and Davis managed to keep Wanda out of the ring while Ogiwara pinned the champ. WINNERS: [B]Davis Wayne Newton & Sensational Ogiwara [/B]in 13:17 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) After the match was over, Davis got a mic and taunted Izaak and Wanda little, asking if they wondered where their cavalry was. At that point, Alicia Strong came tumbling out of the backstage area, chased by Junior. Turns out she kept Alicia busy. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] As the show went off the air with Davis, Ogiwara, and Junior celebrating, the Rev and Emma Chase ran down the card for “Taste of Fame” -- [B]JUNIOR vs. ALICIA STRONG [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]THE LATIN CONNECTION vs. THE JOEYS (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]SENSATIONAL OGIWARA vs. WANDA FISH [/B]( [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]JAY CHORD vs. VENGEANCE (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR]) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. AGONY’S BIKERS in [COLOR="Purple"]a handicap match [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER (c) for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad. I thought the opening match would have boosted us a bit more, but it’s still a good show all around. We got a rating of 5.89. And for the second week, we beat TCW in terms of overall rating. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Ernest Youngman [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Steve Gumble (c) defeated Primus Allen to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Fumihiro Ota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Agony’s Bikers defeated Fire & Ice [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton & Sensational Ogiwara defeated Izaak Tischler & Wanda Fish [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, predictions, comments, or whatever else you may have to say are welcome!

Archived