What's Latest Mod

You'd think there's like a fee on here or something that people must pay to search back a page or two with some posts on here, I don't get it. On the otherhand the T-Zone thread has become a cluster**** of mass confusion, plus it's like 153843975 pages, so I guess I don't blame anyone.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;193223]You'd think there's like a fee on here or something that people must pay to search back a page or two with some posts on here, I don't get it. On the otherhand the T-Zone thread has become a cluster**** of mass confusion, plus it's like 153843975 pages, so I guess I don't blame anyone.[/QUOTE] yeah but the title T-Zone does not exactly scream 'real world data' does it? It is feesible that someone searching the forums would do so looking for the phrase 'real world data' rather than checking through every thread hoping they were going to find a real world mod. Wheres the harm in asking people on the forums? does it really take that much effort just to avoid reading the thread and leave answering it to someone who isn't bothered by these sorts of questions.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=panix04;193294]yeah but the title T-Zone does not exactly scream 'real world data' does it? It is feesible that someone searching the forums would do so looking for the phrase 'real world data' rather than checking through every thread hoping they were going to find a real world mod. Wheres the harm in asking people on the forums? does it really take that much effort just to avoid reading the thread and leave answering it to someone who isn't bothered by these sorts of questions.[/QUOTE] [B]Panix gets the thumbs up salute![/B]

I get quite annoyed with how people name their topics particularly mods. T-Zone might be very popular and Forlan might think its so dam good and well known that its best that he just calls the thread T-Zone and expect everyone to know its the best latest real world update but that isnt the way it is. I remember when I first came to the boards before I signed up and I just skipped mod threads like RaveX & T-Zone, which didnt have mo or data in them because I was expecting to find what I wanted easily not having to go through every thread to find the mod I wanted. The best way to keep these tidy, easy to find and the way things are done on alot of other mod boards ive been on, is to first put either (WIP), for a work in progress mod or (REL), for a released mod next to the name of the mod. Then ofcourse put your mod name then put the year it is set. Maybe we could introduce our own code for real world and original data perhaps (RWD) for real world and (OD) for original data which we put at the end of the topic title. If every mod was listed in that format I think things would look quite better and easier to find for al members.

I disagree completely, and I think that post had more to do with you disliking Forlan. But regardless, 99% of people manage to put in the effort of searching before they make a thread. Yes, if you search 'real-life mod', you mightn't get a result. But every mod released or in the works is on the first page. If you're too lazy, or too stupid to be able to click on the first post of each thread that looks like a mod, you don't really deserve help from others to find out something a ten-year old could. And if you put a series of codes in your thread titles, rather than having people ask 'where r the real lif modz', we'll get 'wot doz RWD meen'. The simplest solution is for people to take 1 minute out of their life and... click on the first page of threads. So terribly difficult.

Just because I dont think Forlans T-Zone thread title is very informative doesnt mean I dislike him Tommy. I respect him and think what he is doing is great and takes alot of dedication and motivation to put together a complete mod as I am finding out myself. You say every mod released is on the page is released. Well you might think that from briefly scrolling down the first page but your statement is not true. The latest mod released isnt always on the first page either. It isnt just the most updated mod threads that stay at the top its sometimes the most popular. [B]"And if you put a series of codes in your thread titles, rather than having people ask 'where r the real lif modz', we'll get 'wot doz RWD meen'. The simplest solution is for people to take 1 minute out of their life and... click on the first page of threads. So terribly difficult."[/B] This is why most mod boards allow stickies so you can sticky a thread at the top of the page telling you what the codes mean. Im just trying to think of another solution instead just flaming noobs.

Not that I care all that much, but I lean towards Gaz on this one. Having WIP or REL in the thread title is huge. The TZone mod sounds like it will be great, but going into that thread is a joke. I don't know anyone here personally, so I'd rather avoid their circle jerks and pissing contests. With that said, none of it is a big enough deal to argue about. But it's also ridiculous to flame a new members for asking a question. Not everyone is familiar with the workings of this board or any board for that matter. It is after all, an internet community to exchange ideas and pleasantries isn't it? Let's just be friendly and leave the flaming, on ANY subject for ANY reason, to some other place. It probably takes as long to type out a flame for asking a question as it would to type out the answer to begin with. I know one of them doesn't make you look as tough, but if you are going to both to type something in the first place, why not try to be a productive member instead of a board enforcer? /steps off soapbox

Archived