WCW: A New Begnining? Or an old end?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Rob5KC;203569]I like the board meeting, but it should probably be a once a month thing. I especially liked the "No, I want to fire Hogan and Nash." and the reaction for Bischoff. :D Excellent work with WCW and I look forward to what you have in store.[/QUOTE] Yeah the once a month thing is what I was leaning towards as well. Orginally I had no intensions on firing Hogan and Nash mainly just cause I didn't want to shell over all that money to buy out their contracts, but every match I tried to put them in they tried using their creative control crap, very frustrating. And everyone knows how tight Hogan is with the "politicans" backstage so I figured Eric would have a fit if this was ever tried in real life, so the only real question here is will Brian let me do it? [QUOTE] Originally Posted by [B]takerlives77[/B] Great stuff really liking the whole concept. i'm doing the exact same game with wcw. finding it hard to build up strong storylines but you seem to be doing a pretty good job. keep up the good work.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the kind words my friend. It's been a bit difficult for me to build up strong storylines as well actually, I keep running through cheesy crap in my head then when it comes time to book the show I change it at the last second, it seems to be working out ok at the moment though lol. Thanks for the kind words everyone and the predictions, that's what makes writing these diaries so much fun.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]WCW NITRO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Live from Baker Stadium in Tacoma, WA Attendance: 5,000 (sold out) Pre Show: [COLOR="red"]C+ This was nothing exciting at all I just threw some of the guys hugher up on the card who have been complaining about not getting on enough shows together. the fans seemed to like it enough.[/COLOR] Main Show: Jason Jett defeated The Wall in 6:37 by pinfall with a Money Clip. [COLOR="red"]Notes: D This match wasn’t to good at all. I’m trying to find something for Jett and The Wall…I’ve got nothing.[/COLOR] The camera’s go backstage where Booker T and Paisley are in a heated discussion. Booker T: [COLOR="Blue"]“what happened last night Paisley? First that sucka brings you flowers, now he’s got you costing me matches. Are you playin me playa?"[/COLOR] Paisley: [COLOR="Red"]“No Booker I told you it was an accident. I love you, you have to believe me.”[/COLOR] Booker T: [COLOR="Blue"]What I believe is you helped that sucka beat me last night. I have nothing else to say to you!”[/COLOR] Booker turns his back on Paisley and she bursts out of the room in tears, only to find Buff Bagwell giving her a shoulder to cry on. [COLOR="Red"]Notes: C- While things look gloomy for booker and Paisley, it seems like Buff has taken a real liking to her.[/COLOR] We cut back to the ring where Lance Storm has entered the ring and grabbed a mic. Storm: [COLOR="red"]“Hello Tacoma. Well I’ll give you this Washington does have one thing going for it; you border the greatest country in the world!"[/COLOR] The fans boo and Lance can’s believe what he’s hearing. Storm: [COLOR="red"]“but seriously, seriously. If you’re country is so great then why do non American wrestlers own 3 of the 5 WCW titles, I think it’s safe to say that America’s cheap antics of taking performance enhancing drugs to get ahead in life has finally not worked. I mean…”[/COLOR] Lance gets cut off by Bam Bam Bigelow’s music as he makes his way to the ring. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B Lance really knows how to make a crowd hate him, makes it impossible for a face turn doesn’t it.[/COLOR] Lance Storm defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 11:31 by submission with a Canadian Maple Leaf. Lance Storm makes defence number 4 of his WCW Television title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B Lance continues to dominate his opponents and make a name for himself and Canada.[/COLOR] Disqo comes to the ring Disqo: [COLOR="red"]Last night at the Big Bang I got cheated out of my title because of that no dancing fool Mike Sanders. Well Rey I’m not having that, if you’re half the champion you claim to be you’ll come out right here and right now and face me for MY U.S. title.[/COLOR] Rey Mysterio’s music hits and the crowd goes nuts as he makes his way to the ring. Notes: [COLOR="red"]B+ Disqo is great on the mic (even if I do suck at portraying it.) And the crowd loved that Rey was going to defend his title even though he didn’t have to.[/COLOR] Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Disqo in 12:52 by pinfall with a Top-Rope Hurricanrana. Rey Mysterio Jr. makes defence number 1 of his WCW United States title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A* A great match, and these two have good chemistry. It looks like Rey is more of a champ than Disqo thought.[/COLOR] As Rey celebrated his victory a frustrated Disqo made his way to his feet and assaulted the champ from behind. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ No one every claimed Disqo was a fair loser and by the looks of things Rey isn’t going to be happy at all once he regains consciousness. [/COLOR] Diamond Dallas Page defeated Scott Steiner in 9:31 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ DDP was upset their wasn’t a spot for him last night on The Big Bang and he took it out on Scott Steiner.[/COLOR] The cameras go backstage now where Shane Douglas and Rob Van Dam have found each other. They stare each other down for about 3 seconds then pick up where they left off last night beating the hell out of each other through out the arena. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C+ These two cant even stand to be in the same arena as each other something is going to have to give with these two.[/COLOR] Bill Goldberg defeated Vampiro in 12:57 by pinfall with a Spear. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A These are two of my best underused stars at the moment and they both demonstrated why I should be giving them a better push.[/COLOR] Jeff Jarrett makes his way down to the ring next looking pissed. Jeff: [COLOR="red"]“Bret you piece of crap were are you slapnut? I know you’re here you pink wearing pansy now show yourself.”[/COLOR] After a few seconds Bret’s music hits and he steps out on the ramp. Jeff: [COLOR="red"]“There you are slapnut. Just who the hell do you think you are attacking the chosen one like that?”[/COLOR] Bret: [COLOR="Blue"]“I didn’t attack anyone Jeff, I called a fair and clean match just like I said I was going to do.[/COLOR] Jeff: [COLOR="Red"]“Now you listen and you listen good you punk little has been. I’m the chosen one and I have all the stroke around here, so if you just beg for my forgiveness now maybe, just maybe I’ll refrain from kicking your ass.[/COLOR] Bret: [COLOR="Blue"]“Let me tell you something Jeff. I’m the excellence of execution. I’m the best there is, the best their was, and the best their ever will be. I was selling out arenas while you were doing some two bit Garth Brooks wanna-be crap on that other wrestling show. So don’t tell me that I’m washed up, or I just my have to teach you a thing or two.” [/COLOR] Jeff: [COLOR="Red"]“OK fine you wanna play the hard way slap nut, how about this. Next week on Nitro you and your boy Sting and against and my mystery partner!”[/COLOR] Before Bret has time to respond Bischoff comes to the stage. Eric: [COLOR="Green"]"Whoa whoa whoa whoa, slow down. Last time I checked Jeff I was the owner of this company not you, that means I get to decide who wrestlers at Nitro."[/COLOR] Jeff: [COLOR="Red"]“Look here you little piss ant. I have all the stroke around here not you, now just go back to your little 500,000 dollar desk pick up your fancy little 3,000 dollar pin and sign the god damn match![/COLOR] Eric:[COLOR="Green"] “You know Jeff, typically I would be inclined to tell you to go to hell then book you in some sort of handicap match where a couple of the big men teach you some respect. However, in light of what happened last week, when Bret so selfishly assaulted me I’ll allow the match!”[/COLOR] The crowd erupts with cheers, as Eric grins at Bret and walks backstage. [COLOR="Red"]Notes: B This was a very good segment and should bring more viewers to next weeks show to find out who the mystery partner is.[/COLOR] Sting defeated Buff Bagwell in 17:36 by pinfall with a Scorpion Death Drop. Sting makes defence number 1 of his WCW World Heavyweight title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A This was Sting’s first match as the new WCW champion and he dominated. During the match we saw Booker T come down, and while he didn’t attack Buff he stood at the ramp nearly the whole match watching and making Buff very uneasy.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Final Notes: B Not a bad show, there were a couple of segments that did worse than I had planned, but overall I think we are starting to pick back up steam after the last show that proved to be such a success.[/COLOR] Stats: Attendance: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 5,000 [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]WWF: 13,757[/COLOR] TV Ratings: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 19.49 [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]WWF: 5.9 (on TSN)[/COLOR] Grade: [COLOR="red"]WCW: B [/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]WWF: B-[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] Congrats to Rob5KC for successful guessing the most match results for Nitro. We would be offering you a round trip for two to Orlando, FL but you failed to pick the winner of the Disqo vs Mysterio match...better luck next time. :D

[CENTER][B]AS REPORTED BY USA TODAY[/B] [B][QUOTE][B]It has just been reported that World Championship Wrestling currently owned and operated by Fusient Media Ventures has announced they have released to of their main stars. Terry Bollea, better known around the world as Hulk Hogan was released by the company today for unknown reason. Hogan who was said to have over a year left on his contract has been the icon for professinal wrestling since the 80's. Another shoking relase this morning was former champion and head booker, Kevin Nash. Nash is most remembered for his role in WCW as part of the fonders of the NWO.[/B][/B][/CENTER] [IMG]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Hulk_Hogan.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Kevin_Nash_2.jpg[/IMG] [CENTER][B]No one from WCW was available for comment but we did catch up with Hul Hogan who had this to say: "This is an outrage brother, I've done nothing but give my blood sweat and tears for that company and this is how they thank me. Well here's what's going to happened brother Kevin and me are going to give the WWF a call and we will be a huge factor in WCW going out of business. There's to many politcians there brother, and that new management couldn't run the most basic of wrestling promotions, let alone something as huge as WCW. This is a dark day in wrestling brother and the beginning of the end for WCW"[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]WCW THUNDER[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Live from Magness Arena in Denver, CO[/B] [B]DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE VS ROB VAN DAM WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: REY MYSTERIO JR VS RICK STEINER SHAWN STASIAK VS DUSTIN RHODES DISQO VS ERNEST MILLER WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: THE JUNG DRAGONS VS PALUMBO AND O'HAIRE JAMIE KNOBLE VS ELIX SKIPPER VS CHRISTOPHER DANIELS[/B][/CENTER] feedback, comments, and predictions are always welcome. QUICK PICK: DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE VS ROB VAN DAM REY MYSTERIO JR. VS RICK STEINER SHAWN STASIAK VS DUSTIN RHODES DISQO VS ERNEST MILLER THE JUNG DRAGONS VS PALUMBO AND O'HAIRE JAMIE KNOBLE VS ELIX SKIPPER VS CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE VS [B]ROB VAN DAM[/B] - a pick'em here [B]REY MYSTERIO JR.[/B] VS RICK STEINER - don't see Rey Rey losing to DFG SHAWN STASIAK VS [B]DUSTIN RHODES[/B] - liking the angle with Dustin/Dusty so far [B]DISQO[/B] VS ERNEST MILLER - somebody call the cat's momma THE JUNG DRAGONS VS [B]PALUMBO AND O'HAIRE[/B] - sue me, I'm a mark for O'Haire [B]JAMIE KNOBLE[/B] VS ELIX SKIPPER VS CHRISTOPHER DANIELS - another pick'em Again, let me state how "sad" I am to see both Hogan and Nash fired....:D You've got a reader for as long as you go, just for doing that. Just please don't bring them back? Please?!

[B]DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE[/B] VS ROB VAN DAM [B]REY MYSTERIO JR.[/B] VS RICK STEINER SHAWN STASIAK VS [B]DUSTIN RHODES[/B] [B]DISQO[/B] VS ERNEST MILLER THE JUNG DRAGONS VS [B]PALUMBO AND O'HAIRE[/B] JAMIE KNOBLE VS ELIX SKIPPER VS [B]CHRISTOPHER DANIELS[/B][/QUOTE] great stuff by the way and love hogans little rant about being fired. like the meeting idea once a month too. good job

The day after Nitro is usually filled with emails from everyone above me giving me a detaield breakdown of our TV ratings compared to Raw's. They then go into detail about what I should do better and what segments Vince and the WWF team beat us on. So needless to say I never liked Tuesdays at the office. They were always filled with people who have never booked a show a day in their lives telling me how I should book mine. As I strolled into the office this morning at 9:05 (fashionably late) at check my email, it was differant. The only email I had was one from Eric. At first I wondered if he was still pissed about the firing of Hogan and decided to put me out on the street with him. [QUOTE] Clayton, In case you haven't heard Vince has pulled the plug on Raw in the U.S. I'm not sure why he has done that, as I'm sure he can't be to intimidated by the rating we have gotten thus far. But I checked and triple checked and Raw doesn't air any where in the U.S. on any day at all this season. So I have a new plan of attack as you know this is the last season for our Thunder contract. And I'm thinking about pitching the idea of moving Thunder to Thursday's to compete with Smackdown. I'm not sure what Vince is up to but I say we continue taking the fight to him, rather it be Raw or Smackdown. I haven't presented this idea to Brian yet, I wanted you on board first since he seems to like you a bit more than me, judging by the way you guys let two of the best wrestling in the industry out to dry. But hey business is business right. And as it turns out the public is behind you on this, have you seen the chat forums since their release? It's incredible. Anyways let me know what you think about the Thunder idea. Eric [/QUOTE] I thought about this for a few minutes, while we would lose thousands of viewers on Thunder, I had to admit I liked the idea of taking the fight to Vince. If nothing else it shows that we won't back down, and after all he's the one that flintched first with the Monday Night Wars, maybe Thursday could bare the same results for us. I shot Eric back a quick email telling him I was on board with the proposal, then decided to check the local chat community to see what they had to say about Hogan and Nash. [B]takerlives77[/B] writes: [QUOTE] As long as WCW promises to never bring Nash and Hogan back they will always have a viewer in me. [/QUOTE] [B]Rob5KC[/B] writes: [QUOTE] please don't bring them back? Please?! [/QUOTE] And finally [B]Big Daddy Cool 2 Sweet[/B] writes: [QUOTE] I can't believe WCW has released the two greatest wrestlers of all time. I mean Kevin Nash was a sex icon and who wouldn't want to have the arms of Hulk Hogan around them...I mean you know in a wrestling since. I will never watch WCW again. Hopefully WWF picks us..um.. them up because they are 2 SWEEET! [/QUOTE]

Definitely liking this diary. Started reading tonight, and haven't been able to stop until now. I'm very pleased that you're using Styles, but you should try using Air Paris, his tag team partner in Air Raid as well. I'm not sure who's all in your database, but C.M. Punk would make a nice addition to your roster, and for your tag team division Chris Harris/James Storm always make for a good team. One of my personal favorites, from my EWR game is the team of Christopher Daniels & Bryan Danielson.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]WCW Thunder[/COLOR][/SIZE] Live from Magness Arena in Denver, CO Attendance 5,000 (Sold Out) Pre Show: [COLOR="Red"]Notes: C Tried some more tag team combinations. I think you guys my like what I've discovered.[/COLOR] Main Show: Christopher Daniels defeated Elix Skipper and Jamie Knoble in 10:09 when Christopher Daniels defeated Jamie Knoble by pinfall with a Last Rites. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C+ These three young talents put on a solid match. Christopher Daniels continues to impress everyone back stage.[/COLOR] The Jung Dragons defeated Palumbo and O'Haire in 13:15 when Kaz Hayashi defeated Sean O'Haire by pinfall with a Final Cut. The Jung Dragons make defence number 1 of their WCW World Tag Team titles. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C A lot of people thought that The Jung Dragons winning the Tag team Titles was a fluke, this proved them otherwise.[/COLOR] Ernest Miller defeated Disqo in 9:34 by pinfall with a Thrust Kick. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B Disqo looked to have the match won until Rey Mysterio emerged from the crowd and distracted Disqo long enough for Miller to gain his composure and land the Thrust kick.[/COLOR] We go backstage now with Gene Okerlund who is with DDP. Gene[COLOR="green"]:“I’m here with Diamond Dallas Page who will be facing off against Rob Van Dam later on tonight. Dallas what are your thoughts on this match.[/COLOR] DDP: [COLOR="Blue"]“Well Gene there’s no doubt that RVD is a great wrestler. However he has never wrestled the likes of someone as great as Diamond Dallas Page. When I get him in the ring tonight it’s gonna be Bata Been Bata BOOM DIAMOND CUTTER!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Notes: A DDP has great charisma and is really great at getting a crowd worked up.[/COLOR] Dustin Rhodes defeated Shawn Stasiak in 11:31 by pinfall with a Bulldog. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A* Dustin Rhodes looked great out there tonight, very focused. The road agents say these two have great chemistry in the ring, and it showed tonight.[/COLOR] The scene fades to a dressing room where Jeff Jarrett is on the phone talking in a whisper. Jarrett: [COLOR="red"]“Yeah that’s right it’s all set to go down Monday night. Don’t worry the slapnut doesn’t have a clue who you are, noone does. Just don’t leave me hanging out to dry on this. The chosen one doesn’t like it when he gets stabbed in the back. And you’ve been known to do that…wait hold on.”[/COLOR] Jarrett sees the camera man and angrily slams the door in the cameraman’s face. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B It sounds like Jarrett was in the phone with his mystery partner, but who is it?[/COLOR] Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Rick Steiner in 14:35 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurricanrana. Rey Mysterio Jr. makes defence number 2 of his WCW United States title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ Another great match by Rey was he proves he’s a fighting champion.[/COLOR] After the match Disqo appears at the entrance ramp. Disqo: [COLOR="red"]“Mysterio what you did to me crossed the line. I should have your ass deported for violent acts against a U.S. citizen, but instead I’m just going to give you a lesson 70’s style.”[/COLOR] Mysterio charges at Disqo who is waiting like an amateur wrestler, but just as Rey reaches the stage Mike Sanders leaps out of nowhere and spears Mysterio right off the stage. From there him and Disqo begin laying the boots to the U.S. champion. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B- It looks like this feud is far from over as Rey is barely moving from the assault on him.[/COLOR] Diamond Dallas Page defeated Rob Van Dam in 18:20 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ This was a great match that actually saw a clean finish. I was expecting to see Douglas run in but it never happened.[/COLOR] After scoring what many think was an upset victory DDP celebrates in the ring and the fans eat it up. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A Well you can’t say that he doesn’t have a great connection with the fans.[/COLOR] Final Notes: [COLOR="red"]B Overall not a bad Thunder. We used this show to get a lot of the younger talent some exposure and overall I think it went very well. The Road Agents say I used Jamie Noble a little to much, but hey maybe he’ll slowly become a household name…maybe[/COLOR] Stats: Attendance: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 5,000 [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]WWF:14,537[/COLOR] TV Rating: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 29.27 [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]WWF:16.56[/COLOR] Grade: [COLOR="red"]WCW: B[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]WWF:B[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=DeadCeleb;204417]Definitely liking this diary. Started reading tonight, and haven't been able to stop until now. I'm very pleased that you're using Styles, but you should try using Air Paris, his tag team partner in Air Raid as well. I'm not sure who's all in your database, but C.M. Punk would make a nice addition to your roster, and for your tag team division Chris Harris/James Storm always make for a good team. One of my personal favorites, from my EWR game is the team of Christopher Daniels & Bryan Danielson.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the friendly words man. You'll be happy to know I've been using Air Raid alot mainly in dark matches just trying to decide when to let them hit television as a team. I'm mainly waiting because there are a couple other young tag teams I'm trying to push (I'm sure you noticed) And I just didn't want to try to push 3 young teams at the same time. As far as Punk, Harris, and Storm I have all three of them under developmental contracts letting them work on their skills and overness until I find a good time to put them to use. Thanks for the reccomendations though

Well, then this is going to be by far the most entertaining diary I've read. Please, tell me that you have York & Matthews. =O. Too bad it would ruin the surprise, but I was wondering if you would PM your roster, and I could make some suggestions for ya? If not, I'll just wait and be surprised like everyone else =]

I'm afriad I've already told you to much..so now I must kill you =) No but seriously man thanks for all the kinds words, but I'm afraid there are a few "hidden secrets" on my roster so sending it to you would destroy that. Looks like you'll just have to suffer through the suspense like everyone else =)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]WCW NITRO:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]LIVE FROM UIC Pavilion in Chicago, IL STING AND BRET HART VS JEFF JARRETT AND ??? BILL GOLDBERG VS SHANE DOUGLAS TELEVISION TITLE MATCH: LANCE STORM VS LASH LEROUX CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: BILLY KIDMAN VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR. KARAGIAS AND MOORE VS AIR RAID KID ROMEO VS JAMIE KNOBLE[/B][/CENTER] feedback, comments, and predictions are always welcome. QUICK PICK: STING AND BRET HART VS JEFF JARRETT AND ??? BILL GOLDBERG VS SHANE DOUGLAS LANCE STORM VS LASH LEROUX BILLY KIDMAN VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR. KARAGIAS AND MOORE VS AIR RAID KID ROMEO VS JAMIE KNOBLE

[b]STING AND BRET HART[/b] VS JEFF JARRETT AND ??? Reason: Haven't even had the chance to think who Jarrett's partner could be. I'm guessing though, it's a stolen talent from the WWF. BILL GOLDBERG VS [b]SHANE DOUGLAS[/b] Reason: He's the Franchise for Christ's Sake. That, and he can wrestle better than Goldberg. [b]LANCE STORM[/b] VS LASH LEROUX Reason: I just see Lance being a huge part of your WCW, which is what he should have been in the original WCW..shame.. [b]BILLY KIDMAN[/b] VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR. Reason: Kidman makes a great Cruiserweight Championship KARAGIAS AND MOORE VS [b]AIR RAID[/b] Reason: If pushed properly, they can be huge. I know, I took them from openers to main eventers in my EWR game. KID ROMEO VS [b]JAMIE KNOBLE[/b] Reason: No reason, I just would rather see Noble over Romeo

[B]STING AND BRET HART[/B] VS JEFF JARRETT AND ??? - I am curious about Jeff's mystery partner [B]BILL GOLDBERG[/B] VS SHANE DOUGLAS - haven't seen any signs that Goldberg is going to be de-pushed anytime soon [B]LANCE STORM[/B] VS LASH LEROUX -no chance for Corporal Cajun [B]BILLY KIDMAN[/B] VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR. - this is a pick'em, but again, I'd pay to watch this matchup KARAGIAS AND MOORE VS [B]AIR RAID[/B] - Liike I said previously, I've never liked Karagias and Moore KID ROMEO VS [B]JAMIE KNOBLE[/B] - I expect Knoble to start getting a push soon

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]WCW Nitro[/COLOR][/SIZE] Live from UIC Pavilion in Chicago, IL Attendance: 5,000 (Sold Out) Pre Show: [COLOR="red"]Notes:C Not much to report here, just gave some less used guys some ring time.[/COLOR] Main Show: Kid Romeo defeated Jamie Knoble in 4:49 by pinfall with a Last Kiss. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B- Not a bad match, Kid Romeo surprised me with the win but he has great skills, and the road agents informed me these two have pretty good chemistry as well.[/COLOR] We cut backstage now where Buff Bagwell is looking to impress Paisley Buff: [COLOR="red"]“relax, you’re better off without that bum Booker anyways, I mean from what I’ve seen all he’s done is upset you. Isn’t it time you were with a real man? Feel these pecks, they’re real you know.”[/COLOR] Paisley: [COLOR="Green"]“I think Booker just needs some time to cool off, I mean he’s a great guy and he really has been great to me. Maybe… I don’t know, maybe you and me should stop being around each other for awhile, you know just until things cool off.[/COLOR] Buff: [COLOR="Red"]“And these arms, God look at these…what? Oh right, well if that’s the way you want it baby, then you know Buff is only here to please, but at least give me a hug as a token of our friendship.[/COLOR] Paisley debates this for a moment then not seeing the harm in it she leans in to give Buff a hug. At the same time booker comes around the corner. Buff sees him instantly and slides his hands down to Paisley’s…um…lower back. Booker: [COLOR="Blue"]“What the hell is going on here?”[/COLOR] Paisley: [COLOR="Green"]“Booker! It’s not how it looks.”[/COLOR] Booker: [COLOR="Blue"]“I told you to stay away from my girl playa."[/COLOR] Buff just smirks then kisses his bicep. Furious booker pushes Buff and soon a brawl erupts, and Paisley runs for help. [COLOR="Red"]Notes: C It looks like Paisley just isn’t having any luck. Meanwhile Buff is doing everything he can to make things look a lot worse than they are.[/COLOR] Air Raid defeated Karagias and Moore in 8:21 when Air Paris defeated Evan Karagias by pinfall with a Moonsault Press. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C I had bigger plans for this match. Still not horrible, but below average for these teams.[/COLOR] Chris Kanyon is backstage with Gene Okerlund. Gene: [COLOR="Green"]“I’m here with Chris Kanyon who is furious with Eric Bischoff about how he’s been used in WCW. Chris what’s on your mind?”[/COLOR] Kanyon: [COLOR="Red"]“Bischoff! Chris Kanyon is the future of this company, when will you realize that Eric when? Who better than Kanyon Eric? DDP? Kanyon has been sitting in the back waiting for his turn while people past their prime get put in matches. Why Eric? Who better than Kanyon? Not DDP!”[/COLOR] Kanyon storms off mumbling something incoherently under his breath. Notes: [COLOR="red"]B Well Kanyon is right, he does need to be pushed, maybe I’ll talk to Eric.[/COLOR] Billy Kidman defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. in 14:36 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press. Billy Kidman makes defence number 1 of his WCW Cruiserweight title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ As expected this was a great match. You can always count on the cruiserweight division to crank out great matches week in and week out.[/COLOR] Lash LeRoux defeated Lance Storm in 12:56 by disqualification. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ This matches started off with Storm in complete control, then e got careless and started toying with his opponent. LeRoux quickly capitalized, but before he could get the win Storm grabbed his television title and laid Lash out with it right in from of the ref.[/COLOR] Shane Douglas comes out to the ring. Douglas: [COLOR="red"]“You see Rob this is why you were never given the title in ECW. Last week you had what should have been an easy match against a washed up DDP, and instead of winning it, you choked. Just like you always do Rob. Well tonight I face a much tougher opponent than DDP, I face Bill Goldberg. So why don’t you make yourself comfortable in your dressing room and let me show you how the real champs wrestle. Remember Rob I gave you the courtesy of letting you suffer that humiliating lose without any interference on my part, I expect you to do the same.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Notes: C+ Shane Douglas probably made even more enemies with this promo, and that’s twice now DDP has been called washed up…ouch.[/COLOR] Shane Douglas defeated Bill Goldberg in 14:28 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A This was actually a really even match, Goldberg went for the spear in the corner late but Douglas moved causing Goldberg to ram into the ring post. He then rolled him up using the second rope for leverage, the ref never saw it.[/COLOR] Jeff Jarrett and ??? vs. Sting and Bret Hart. This match started off a 2 on 1 when Jarrett’s partner never showed up to the ring. Sting and Bret made quick work of Jarrett nearly beating him on numerous occasions. Then Jarrett tossed Sting to the outside and began working on Bret when SCOTT HALL jumped the guard rail and began an assault on Sting. Confused the ref went to the outside to see what was going on and that’s when Jarrett grabbed his guitar and smashed it over Hart’s head pinning him in the center of the ring as Hall took out Sting. Jeff Jarrett and Scott Hall defeated Sting and Bret Hart in 23:22 when Jeff Jarrett defeated Bret Hart by pinfall [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ Wow this was a great match and the fans didn’t know what to think when Hall jumped out of the crowd and began an assault on Sting. Many booed many cheered, it was set up perfectly I think. [/COLOR] After the match Jarrett and Hall continued their assault on Bret and Sting until the camera faded out. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B- Not the rating I was hoping for, but in the end I think everything will work out.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Final Notes: B I’m starting to get stuck in this B funk and I don’t like it. It’s time we break through this glass ceiling and into the A’s.[/COLOR] Stats: Attendance: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 5,000 [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]WWF:14,288[/COLOR] TV Ratings: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 19.41 [/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]WWF: 5.8 (TSN)[/COLOR] Grade: WCW:[COLOR="red"] B[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"] WWF: B-[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] O.O.C. Thanks to everyone for all their kind words and predictions. Who you guys pull for goes into this diary more than you think. takerlives77 wins the challenage by getting 4 matches correct as for a prize...well it turns out that the truck that delivers all our prizes broke down this week so sorry ;)

[CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="6"]WCW THUNDER[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B]Live From the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, NJ ROB VAN DAM VS SCOTT STEINER THE FILTHY ANIMALS VS MIKE SANDERS AND DISQO BOOKER T VS CHRIS KANYON VAMPIRO VS ERNEST MILLER CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: BILLY KIDMAN VS ALEX WRIGHT KRONIK VS NORMAN SMILEY AND THE WALL[/B][/CENTER] QUICK PICK: ROB VAN DAM VS SCOTT STEINER THE FILTHY ANIMALS VS DISQO AND MIKE SANDERS BOOKER T VS CHRIS KANYON VAMPIRO VS ERNEST MILLER BILLY KIDMAN VAS ALEX WRIGHT KRONIK VS NORMAN SMILEY AND THE WALL

Archived