WCW: A New Begnining? Or an old end?

[CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="6"]WCW THUNDER[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B]Live From the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, NJ ROB VAN DAM VS SCOTT STEINER THE FILTHY ANIMALS VS MIKE SANDERS AND DISQO BOOKER T VS CHRIS KANYON VAMPIRO VS ERNEST MILLER CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: BILLY KIDMAN VS ALEX WRIGHT KRONIK VS NORMAN SMILEY AND THE WALL[/B][/CENTER] As always feedback, comments, and predictions are welcome. QUICK PICK: ROB VAN DAM VS SCOTT STEINER THE FILTHY ANIMALS VS DISQO AND MIKE SANDERS BOOKER T VS CHRIS KANYON VAMPIRO VS ERNEST MILLER BILLY KIDMAN VAS ALEX WRIGHT KRONIK VS NORMAN SMILEY AND THE WALL

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ROB VAN DAM VS [b]SCOTT STEINER[/b] Reason: Shane Douglas costs him the match THE FILTHY ANIMALS VS [b]DISQO AND MIKE SANDERS[/b] Reason: Unless you're using Konnan in this match, I can't see Kidman being able to compete to his best BOOKER T VS [b]CHRIS KANYON[/b] Reason: Who bettah than Kanyon? [b]VAMPIRO[/b] VS ERNEST MILLER Reason: Never cared for Ernest Miller, and Vampiro is one of my favorite Canadian wrestlers. [b]BILLY KIDMAN[/b] VAS ALEX WRIGHT Reason: Don't see him losing his title. [b]KRONIK[/b] VS NORMAN SMILEY AND THE WALL Reason: KroniK are better than Norman/Wall, 'nuff said.

ROB VAN DAM VS [B]SCOTT STEINER[/B] - I expect Douglas to distract RVD in this one THE FILTHY ANIMALS VS [B]DISQO AND MIKE SANDERS[/B] - I never really cared for the Filthy Animals BOOKER T VS [B]CHRIS KANYON[/B] - Will Buff show up to annoy Booker some more? [B]VAMPIRO[/B] VS ERNEST MILLER - Ernest, welcome to the JOB squad [B]BILLY KIDMAN[/B] VAS ALEX WRIGHT - Das wunderkind is kaput [B]KRONIK[/B] VS NORMAN SMILEY AND THE WALL - coin flip, I don't care about either team

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]WCW Thunder[/SIZE][/COLOR] Live from the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, NJ Attendance: 5,000 (Sold Out)[/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Pre Show: [COLOR="Red"]Notes: C+ Nothing new to report here just tried a couple of guys to see if they had chemistry, they didn't.[/COLOR] Main Show: KroniK defeated Norman Smiley and The Wall in 7:52 when Brian Adams defeated The Wall by pinfall with a Full Nelson Slam. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C+ It’s good to see some of my lesser used talent putting on quality matches.[/COLOR] The cameras go backstage now where DDP and Kanyon bump into each other. DDP: [COLOR="Blue"]“I heard what you said on Nitro Kanyon. I suggest you watch your mouth or soon you’ll feel the BANG of the Diamond cutter!”[/COLOR] The two superstars stare each other down for a long minute before Page walks away smiling. [COLOR="Red"]Notes: B+ There is starting to be some bad blood between these two. [/COLOR] Billy Kidman defeated Alex Wright in 11:44 by pinfall with a Moonsault. Billy Kidman makes defence number 2 of his WCW Cruiserweight title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B- The cruiserweight division has always been one thing WCW has always succeeded on, this is another reason why.[/COLOR] Backstage now RVD is getting some Gatorade before his match when Shane Douglas walks up to him. Douglas: [COLOR="red"]“I hope you were watching my match on Nitro Robby and taking plenty of notes, because so far your career in WCW has been about as lack luster as it was in ECW.[/COLOR] RVD: [COLOR="Blue"]“Unlike you Shane, I don’t have to cheat to win. It just goes to show how pathetic you really are. Tonight RVD will win his match 1-2-3”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Notes: B In perhaps the cheesiest segment to date these two actually are around each other for more than 5 minutes without a brawl erupting.[/COLOR] Vampiro defeated Ernest Miller in 11:49 by pinfall with a Nail in the Coffin. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ This was just a great wrestling match, as these two superstars went back and fourth and entire match.[/COLOR] Jeff Jarrett is backstage now with Gene Okerlund. Gene: [COLOR="Green"]“Thanks guys, I’m here with Jeff Jarrett. Jeff tell me about your thoughts on Nitro’s controversial win against Sting and Hart.”[/COLOR] JJ: [COLOR="Red"]“What controversy are you talking about slapnut? It’s pretty obvious what happened the Chosen One beat the hell out of “The Old Man” Bret Hart and pinned him in the center of the ring 1-2-3.”[/COLOR] Hart then appears out of nowhere and assaults Jarrett. Notes: [COLOR="red"]B+ Well looks like these guys still have a lot of hatred towards each other.[/COLOR] Chris Kanyon defeated Booker T in 12:52 by pinfall with a Flatliner. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A Who better than Kanyon? Apparently not Booker T. Booker was actually in control a lot of this match then near the end Paisley and Buff appeared on the Titontron making out and it distracted Booker long enough for Kanyon to hit the Flatliner.[/COLOR] After the match Booker raced to the back but Paisley and Buff were nowhere in sight. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C+ Booker was fuming after this segment, I would hate to be Buff right now…of course making out with Paisley may be worth it =)[/COLOR] Mike Sanders and Disqo defeated The Filthy Animals in 14:44 when Rey Mysterio Jr. was counted out while fighting Disqo. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B- This match went back and fourth, and eventually outside where Disqo flattened Rey with what appeared to be brass knuckles with the ref wasn’t looking and scored the count out.[/COLOR] Gene Okerlund is with Scott Hall now. Gene: [COLOR="Green"]“thanks guys. Scott I think everyone wants to know, what brings you back to WCW?”[/COLOR] Hall: [COLOR="Red"]“Hey, hey yo. Stinger you think what I did to you Monday was bad Chico? Tat was only the beginning. You got something that I want Chico the WCW title. And I always get what I want.”[/COLOR] Scott Hall flicks his tooth pick at Gene then walks back to his dressing room. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ I think Scott Hall just called out the WCW champion. And if I know Sting, he’ll be more than happy to accept.[/COLOR] Rob Van Dam defeated Scott Steiner in 17:51 by pinfall with a Split Legged Moonsault. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A* RVD came out in this match looking like a man with something to prove and he did just that, looking absolutely amazing. During the match Shane Douglas was shown a few times watching from his television in his dressing room.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Final Notes: C+ (ouch) I got a note saying that I didn’t use enough angles, this was probably because I didn’t throw one in during the pre show, I’ll make sure to never do that again. In perhaps one of the worst shows booked since my tenure we still managed to gain popularity so that’s a plus.[/COLOR] Stats: Attendance: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 5,000 [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]WWF: 15,000[/COLOR] TV Ratings: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 28.00 [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]WWF: 16.58[/COLOR] Grade: [COLOR="red"]WCW: C+ [/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]WWF: B-[/COLOR][/CENTER][/B]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]WCW NITRO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Live From the Smith Center in Washington D.C. DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE VS SCOTT HALL JEFF JARRETT VS BILL GOLDBERG WCW TELEVISION TITLE MATCH: LANCE STORM VS DUSTIN RHODES HUGE MORRIS VS MARK JINDRAK PALUMBO AND O'HAIRE VS AIR RAID CHRISTOPHER DANIELS VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR.[/B][/CENTER] As always feedback, comments, and predictions are welcome. QUICK PICKS: DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE VS SCOTT HALL JEFF JARRETT VS BILL GOLDBERG LANCE STORM VS DUSTIN RHODES HUGH MORRIS VS MARK JINDRAK PALUMBO AND O'HAIRE VS AIR RAID CHRISTOPHER DANIELS VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR.

QUICK PICKS: DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE VS SCOTT HALL - you love me, you hate me, but one thing's for sure... You'll never forget me. D...D...P JEFF JARRETT VS BILL GOLDBERG - YOU'RE NEXT! Goldberg LANCE STORM VS DUSTIN RHODES - All rise for the playing of the Canadian National Anthem... I name this title the Sasketchawan Hardcore Invitational Title (SH!T) - Lance Storm HUGH MORRIS VS MARK JINDRAK - Hehehe - Hugh Morrus PALUMBO AND O'HAIRE VS AIR RAID - Air Raid, by an inside cradle major upset CHRISTOPHER DANIELS VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR - Chavo, bring back Pepe

Diamond Dallas Page Vs [b]scott Hall[/b] [b]jeff Jarrett[/b] Vs Bill Goldberg [b]lance Storm[/b] Vs Dustin Rhodes [b]hugh Morris[/b] Vs Mark Jindrak Palumbo And O'haire Vs [b]air Raid[/b] Christopher Daniels Vs [b]chavo Guerrero Jr.[/b]

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE VS [B]SCOTT HALL[/B] - first official match back won't be a defeat for hey yo [B]JEFF JARRETT[/B] VS BILL GOLDBERG - a losing streak for Goldberg? LANCE STORM VS [B]DUSTIN RHODES[/B] - Rhodes gets the win, but not the title HUGH MORRIS VS [B]MARK JINDRAK[/B] - meh.. PALUMBO AND O'HAIRE VS [B]AIR RAID[/B] - I really like O'Haire, but can't stand Palumbo [B]CHRISTOPHER DANIELS[/B] VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR. - Chavo can't contain the fallen angel

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]WCW Nitro[/COLOR][/SIZE] Live from the Smith Center in Washington D.C. Attendance: 5,000 (Sold Out) Pre Show: [COLOR="red"]Notes: C I experimented with a new tag team. They didn't look to impressive though.[/COLOR] Main Show: Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Christopher Daniels in 11:08 by pinfall with a Gory Bomb. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B- Not a bad opening match. Chavo gets the impressive win. The Road Agents say these two don’t click in the ring.[/COLOR] Suddenly all the light go out in the arena. For a minute everyone thinks WCW finally went under and couldn’t afford to pay their electric bill. But that wasn’t the case. James Mitchell is displayed on the Titontron in what appears to be some type of valley. Strangely there are no living plants or animals in this valley, it looks like the site of nuclear fallout. Standing behind Mitchell is a man of about the same height but much more powerful looking. He’s dressed to a dark robe, and his eyes look to be almost red under the hood. After a full minute Mitchell finally speaks. Mitchell: [COLOR="red"]“The bible says there are 7 deadly sins. Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride. WCW is the home of many of these sinners. These mortals who walk around as if they own the world. Well the Night Stalker was sent by the Dark Lord himself to hunt down these sinners and send their souls to eternal damnation. Soon The Night Stalker will arrive in WCW and no one will be forgiven!”[/COLOR] The screen goes black, and the lights come back on. Everyone sits in complete silence perhaps scared of what they just seen. Notes: [COLOR="red"]D Unfortunately for me this segment was judged on overness, not smart when debuting someone new.[/COLOR] Air Raid defeated Palumbo and O'Haire in 12:07 when Air Paris defeated Chuck Palumbo by pinfall with a Moonsault Press. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C an impressive victory for Air Raid as they defeat the much bigger team of Palumbo and O’Haire. A.J. Styles looked particularly good in this segment.[/COLOR] Hugh Morrus defeated Mark Jindrak in 9:41 by pinfall with a Moonsault. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B These two put on a solid show and really impressed me. The Road Agents let me know later that they had pretty good chemistry to boot.[/COLOR] The camera’s go backstage now where a limo is pulling up. After it comes to a stop the door opens and Rob Van Dam steps out. (Apparently he forgot what time the show started.) As he gathers his bags, he turns to walk towards the arena when he his jumped by Shane Douglas! Douglas continues assaulting RVD using the limo as a weapon. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B- Do you get the feeling these two really do hate each other?[/COLOR] Lance Storm defeated Dustin Rhodes in 13:18 by submission with a Straightshooter. Lance Storm makes defence number 5 of his WCW Television title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ During the match Dusty Rhodes tried to get involved in the match and help his son, but soon found himself on the receiving end of a missile dropkick.[/COLOR] After the match a very somber Booker T makes his way to the ring and grabs a mic. Booker: [COLOR="Blue"]“Alright playa you win. You want my girl so bad we settle this like we used to back in the streets. You and me plays Great American Bash in a good old fashioned street fight. Winner gets the girl.”[/COLOR] Booker drops the mic before even waiting for an answer and heads to the back. Notes: [COLOR="Red"]B- Booker looked really depressed in this angle, maybe he really does like Paisley?[/COLOR] Bill Goldberg defeated Jeff Jarrett in 14:51 by pinfall with a Jackhammer. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ Late in the match Goldberg went to throw Jarrett off the ropes but Jarrett reversed it and sent Goldberg into the ref knocking him out. With Goldberg dazed Jarrett grabbed his guitar and went for the kill, but Bret appeared from behind him and once again wrestled it out of his hands giving Goldberg enough time to recover and hit the Jackhammer.[/COLOR] In the back now Rob Van Dam storms into Shane Douglas’ dressing room. Rob: [COLOR="Blue"]“Alright Shane you want to act like we’re in that other fed. Fine Great American Base me and you ECW style.”[/COLOR] Douglas: [COLOR="Red"]“You won’t stand a chance against The Franchise in a hardcore match. But hey, it’s your funenral…I ACCEPT.”[/COLOR] The two then begin to brawl with no clear person having the upper hand. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B- The words ECW alone made this crowd go nuts.[/COLOR] Diamond Dallas Page defeated Scott Hall in 17:51 by pinfall with a diamond cutter. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A* The end of the match saw Hall go for the Outsiders Edge, but Sting appeared from under the ring and grabbed DDP’s foot allowing him to escape the hold and score the Diamond Cutter.[/COLOR] After the match DDP gives a wary smile to Sting before celebrating for the crowd. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ What can I say, the fans love him.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Final Notes: B+ One of the better grades I’ve had in awhile. On a night that made WCW look like it’s old self by having multiple matches not end cleanly (Don’t worry I won’t make a habit of it.)[/COLOR] Stats: Attendance: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 5,000 [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]WWF: 13,871[/COLOR] TV Ratings: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 19.31 [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]WWF: 5.76 (TSN)[/COLOR] Grade: [COLOR="red"]WCW: B+[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]WWF: B[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]WCW Thunder[/COLOR][/SIZE] Live from The Thunder Dome in Santa Barbara, CA[/B] [B]WCW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: STING VS MIKE SANDERS HUGH MORRIS VS MIKE AWESOME VAMPIRO VS BAM BAM BIGELOW SHANE HELMS VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR. LASH LEROUX VS MARK JINDRAK THE PERFECT EVENT VS THE MAMALUKES As always feedback, comments, and predictions are welcome. WCW strives to bring the fans what they want. You don't like the way someone is being pushed? Maybe you haven't seen your favorite wrestler on TV. The writers would love to hear from you, and who knows maybe you'll see your favorite athlete be crowned the WCW champion. [/B][/CENTER] QUICK PICK: STING VS MIKE SANDERS HUGH MORRIS VS MIKE AWESOME VAMPIRO VS BAM BAM BIGELOW SHANE HELMS VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR LASH LEROUX VS MARK JINDRAK THE PERFECT EVENT VS THE MAMALUKES

[b]STING[/b] VS MIKE SANDERS Reason: It's Thunder, and Sting should not lose the title on Thunder. [b]HUGH MORRIS[/b] VS MIKE AWESOME Reason: You put him over Jindrak on Monday, I can see him going over That 70's Guy, which, IMO, is a horrible gimmick. He should be repackaged. =P [b]VAMPIRO[/b] VS BAM BAM BIGELOW Reason: I'm a Vampiro mark. [b]SHANE HELMS[/b] VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR Reason: I've just always liked Helms more. Plus, the Vertebreaker is a sick effing move. LASH LEROUX VS [b]MARK JINDRAK[/b] Reason: I'd like to see him pushed, and after last weeks loss, he needs to build some sort of momentum. [b]THE PERFECT EVENT[/b] VS THE MAMALUKES Reason: Not sure on the combo of the Mamalukes, so I'm giving the nod to The Perfect Event. This diary has kept me very intrigued, and once C.M. Punk makes his debut, I'll be glued to this diary for so long. I'm a huge C.M. mark, and proud of it. Now, is KENTA, not Kenta Kobashi in this scenario? Because I've been watching videos of him, and his style might just accentuate Punk's, and they could possibly be a good tag team, or possibly a well fought out fued as well. Can't wait for Thunder. =]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]Thunder[/COLOR][/SIZE] Live from The Thunder Dome in Santa Barbara, CA Attendance: 5,000 (Sold Out) Pre Show: [COLOR="Red"]C- Still trying to find a good fit for a few wrestlers.[/COLOR] Main Show: The Perfect Event defeated The Mamalukes in 9:31 when Shawn Stasiak defeated Johnny The Bull by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C A solid tag team match to start of the night. Shawn Stasiak looked really good.[/COLOR] Lash LeRoux defeated Mark Jindrak in 7:36 by pinfall with a Bourban Street Blues. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A The man who beat The TV champ pulls out another impressive win.[/COLOR] Backstage now Booker and Paisley are seen in a heated discussion. Paisley: [COLOR="Green"]“Booker you have to believe me! It wasn’t me, Me and Marcus are just friends.[/COLOR] Booker: [COLOR="Blue"]“It looked just like you, how do you expect me to trust you when I always see you with him.”[/COLOR] Paisley: [COLOR="Green"]“I’ll prove it to you at the Bash Booker, then maybe you’ll believe me!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Notes: C Hmm does anyone actually believe it wasn’t Paisley?[/COLOR] Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Shane Helms in 14:55 by pinfall with a Gory Bomb. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ Another great cruiserweight fight. It looks like Chavo may end up being the number 1 contender.[/COLOR] Chris Kanyon is backstage now with Gene Okerlund. [COLOR="Green"]Gene: “Thanks guys. Kanyon you said you had something you wanted to say?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Kanyon: “Haven’t I proven myself Gene haven’t I? Who better than Kanyon? Not Booker T. So why Gene why does DDP get all Kanyon’s ring time?[/COLOR] Suddenly DDP’s appears looking irate. [COLOR="blue"]DDP: “Kanyon. I’m sick, and I’m sure these people are sick of hearing you cry! What about me, what about me? You want a chance to be in the greatest wrestling matches of all time? Fine you’ll get your chance but at Great American Bash after you feel the Diamond Cutter then you’ll be crying why me, why Kanyon”[/COLOR] DDP walks away grinning and Kanyon looks stunned. [COLOR="red"]Notes: Both segments got a B+. And this is a match I’m really looking forward to.[/COLOR] Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Vampiro in 10:42 by pinfall with a Greeting From Asbury Park. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B Both guys looked great it was sad to see anyone lose.[/COLOR] Jeff Jarrett comes to the ring now. [COLOR="red"]JJ: “Hart! I’m sick of you butting into The Chosen Ones business. Twice now you’ve cost me a match, and I’m sick of it. Great American Bash we settle this man to man slapnut. I beat you 1-2-3 in the ring before, and I can damn well do it again![/COLOR] Jarrett goes to leave but Bret’s music hits and the crowd goes wild! [COLOR="Blue"]Bret: “I came back to WCW to help out backstage. I was suppose to be retired. Then I saw the crap they were putting in the ring and I couldn’t stand to watch. The WCW title use to be the most elite title in the world, I couldn’t stand around and watch as some 2 stepping clown won it but not playing fair. You want a match Jarrett fine you’ve got one. But it’s under my rules. First you’re right man to man, which means if any of your buddies run in during the match you both quit. And second, it’s an I quit match. So what do u say Jeff agreed?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jarrett: “Fine slapnut no one will run in during the match. And after I make you submit Bischoff will have no choice but to give me a title shot.”[/COLOR] Bret goes to leave but he’s leveled by Scott Hall. Soon Jarrett and Hall are stomping away at Bret until Sting runs down and scares them off. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B- And it looks like we have another match for Great American Bash.[/COLOR] Mike Awesome defeated Hugh Morrus in 12:36 by pinfall with an Awesome Bomb. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ These two men are great athletes and always put on top matches.[/COLOR] Sting defeated Mike Sanders in 15:53 by pinfall with a Scorpion Death Drop. Sting makes defence number 2 of his WCW World Heavyweight title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A* A great match that really kept the fans on the edge of their seats. Sting is improving in Flying skills[/COLOR] After the match Scott Hall makes his way down to the ring. He eyes Sting as he celebrates. Then the two men stand nose to nose until the camera fades off. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B Not as dramatic as I had hoped for, but these two men facing off one on one could be huge.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Final Notes: B+ Another great show, but it still needs a little something extra to put it over that hump.[/COLOR] Stats: Attendance: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 5,000 [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]WWF: 14,017[/COLOR] TV Ratings: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 30.12 [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]WWF: 16.56[/COLOR] Grade: [COLOR="red"]WCW: B+ [/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]WWF: B[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]WCW NITRO[/COLOR][/SIZE] Live from The Premiere Convention Center in Toronto, Canada CHRIS KANYON VS KONNAN DUSTIN RHODES VS JEFF JARRETT WCW UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: REY MYSTERIO JR VS MIKE AWESOME WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: THE JUNG DRAGONS VS THE PERFECT EVENT KID ROMEO VS SHANE HELMS PLUS... LANCE STORM SINGS THE CANADIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM![/B][/CENTER] As always feedback, comments, and predictions are welcome. QUICK PICK: CHRIS KANYON VS KONNAN DUSTIN RHODES VS JEFF JARRETT REY MYSTERIO JR. VS MIKE AWESOME THE JUNG DRAGONS VS THE PERFECT EVENT KID ROMEO VS SHANE HELMS

CHRIS KANYON VS KONNAN - who better dan Kanyon? Seriously, in my view he was an outstanding wrestler with so much ability and was very, very poorly used by both WWF and WCW. DUSTIN RHODES VS JEFF JARRETT - Ch..Ch...Choke on that, Slapnut! Jarrett REY MYSTERIO JR. VS MIKE AWESOME - Hard match, WCW would have misbooked this one for sure. I'm going to go Awesome, because he could again have been a big game player for WCW, both WCW and WWF again missed the boat with him. THE JUNG DRAGONS VS THE PERFECT EVENT - The Perfect Event, they have to bounce back after their loss to Air Raid to keep them credible I feel. KID ROMEO VS SHANE HELMS - Sugar Shane for me.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]WCW NITRO[/COLOR][/SIZE] Live from The Premiere Convention Center in Toronto, Canada Attendance: 2,000 Pre Show: [COLOR="Red"]Notes: C+ Still trying to find chemistry for a few people, no luck so far.[/COLOR] Main Show: Shane Helms defeated Kid Romeo in 7:47 by pinfall with a Nightmare on Helms Street. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B Helms get the much needed win, this was another great cruiserweight match.[/COLOR] Chris Kanyon comes out to the ring and said he doesn’t want to wait until Sunday. He wants to prove to the world that DDP is no match for him. DDP makes his way out, but before they can even get close to one another they are surrounded by officials. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ These two want each other bad, and I want them to wait until Sunday.[/COLOR] The Jung Dragons defeated The Perfect Event in 11:33 when Jimmy Yang defeated Chuck Palumbo by pinfall with a Corkscrew 450 Splash. The Jung Dragons make defence number 2 of their WCW World Tag Team titles. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C+ The Dragons prove again that they are worthy of the titles after beating a team that looked very impressive on Thunder.[/COLOR] Lance Storm makes his way to the ring to a chorus of cheers. (Yes I said cheers they are in Canada. Storm: [COLOR="red"]“Thank you, thank you. Now if we can be serious for a minute. It’s great to be back home after spending months in that disgusting country down south.”[/COLOR] Again the fans cheer. Storm: [COLOR="red"]“Thank you, I am proud to be on television tonight. Even though I won’t be competing I have been given the opportunity to sing the great Canadian National Anthem. Origanlly they wanted that smock Justin Timberlake to come sing, but we all now that Americans are nothing but a bunch of inbreed trailer park…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“USA USA USA”[/COLOR] Could it be? Yes… Jim Duggan is making his way down to ring side with the American flag held high. And of course he’s being booed heavily. [COLOR="blue"]Duggan: “HO! I’m sick of your anti-American speeches. Storm, and I’m going to put a stop to them right here right now. So how about a title shot for the USA!”[/COLOR] Storm nearly falls down he’s laughing so hard. An angry Hacksaw then jumps in the ring and goes to work on him. Ironically the ref calls for the bell and I guess we have a title match. [COLOR="Red"]Notes: B+ A solid performance by these two, there’s nothing like a country vs. country feud.[/COLOR] Lance Storm defeated Jim Duggan in 13:27 by submission with a Canadian Maple Leaf. Lance Storm makes defence number 6 of his WCW Television title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: C+ This wasn’t a horrible match to watch. Storm underestimated Hacksaw early and it nearly cost him the match.[/COLOR] Eric Bischoff makes his way down to the ring. Eric: [COLOR="red"]“You know I’m sick of people thinking they run this place. I am the president I decide the matches damn it. Now while I’ll allow the matches that are already booked for The Great American Bash, one match I won’t allow is Scott Hall and Sting.[/COLOR] “You Suck” echoes through the arena (maybe cause it’s only half full) Eric: [COLOR="red"]“No Scott you’re going to have to earn your shot. I mean for all I know you’ll show up to the Bash drunk like usual.”[/COLOR] More boos, that was a low blow. Eric: [COLOR="red"]"And Sting, do you really think I’d let you get off that easy? No, instead Stinger you’ll be facing Scott Steiner, and Vampiro in a three way dance.[/COLOR] A chant of Sting starts to echo through the arena. Eric just smiles and continues. Eric: [COLOR="red"]“Wait wait, there’s more. Since I am a fair president Scott Hall you’ll face Goldberg in a number one contender match at the Bash.”[/COLOR] Bischoff goes to leave when Sting’s music hits. The fans cheer in appreciation. Sting: [COLOR="Blue"]Great American Bash Woo! Bischoff you think I’m worried about your cronies? With these fans behind me there isn’t a person in this company that can stop the Stinger WOO!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Notes: A Well looks like everyone will have to wait to see Sting vs. Hall sometime down the road. [/COLOR] Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Mike Awesome in 14:59 by count out. Rey Mysterio Jr. makes defence number 3 of his WCW United States title. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B Rey won this match barely. Him and Awesome were brawling outside when Disqo ran in and began assaulting Mysterio. Rey barely beat the count.[/COLOR] After the match Rey grabbed a mic. Rey: [COLOR="red"]“Alright Disqo. We end this Sunday! You and me one on one for the US title![/COLOR] Disqo: [COLOR="red"]“You just made the biggest mistake of your life. And when I’m done beating you, your precious US title is going to go retro!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ I’m not sure what he means by making the title retro, but hopefully we won’t have to find out.[/COLOR] Jeff Jarrett defeated Dustin Rhodes in 11:56 by pinfall with The Stroke. [COLOR="red"]Notes: B+ This was a great match, and perhaps a warm up match for Jarrett.[/COLOR] A video is shown next of Night Stalker. He is sitting in what looks to be the middle of a field and is sitting inside of a red circle with candles all around it mumbling something to him. James Mitchell appears in from of the camera. Mitchell: [COLOR="red"]“Wrath is defined as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. The Night Stalker can sense the rage and hatred emitting from WCW. Many of you sit there with hate in your hearts thinking to yourselves about who bad live is. Soon you’ll all know what it feels like to really suffer, soon The Night Stalker will send you all to Purgatory!” Notes: B- James Mitchell plays the evil manager to perfection I think. Sometimes I think he’s Satin himself.[/COLOR] Chris Kanyon defeated Konnan in 18:27 by pinfall with a Flatliner. [COLOR="red"]Notes: A This was exactly what I was hoping for to send the show off. The Road Agents informed me that Chris Kanyon and Konnan have pretty good chemistry.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Final Notes: B Well it was our first show outside of the US since I’ve been booker, and it wasn’t very disappointing at all.[/COLOR] Stats: Attendance: [COLOR="red"]WCW: 2,000 [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]WWF: 15,000[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]TV Ratings: WCW: 19.66 [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]WWF: 5.51 (TSN)[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"] Grade: WCW: B[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"] WWF: B[/COLOR] [/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]WCW Thunder:[/COLOR][/SIZE] Live from Queen’s Park Arena in British Columbia, Canada BILL GOLDBERG VS RICK STEINER SCOTT HALL VS ERNEST MILLER HUGE MORRIS VS MIKE SANDERS AIR RAID VS TOTALLY BUFF WCW CRUSIERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: BILLY KIDMAN VS SHANNON MOORE KID ROMEO VS CHRISTOPHER DANIELS [/B][/CENTER] As always feedback, comments, and predictions are welcome. QUICK PICK: GOLDBERG VS RICK STEINER SCOTT HALL VS ERNEST MILLER HUGH MORRIS VS MIKE SANDERS AIR RAID VS TOTALLY BUFF BILLY KIDMAN VS SHANNON MOORE KID ROMEO VS CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

As always, you keep doing a great job with this. You have one of the top dynasties going on these boards. Anywho, on to my picks [B]GOLDBERG[/B] VS RICK STEINER - Rick's next [B]SCOTT HALL[/B] VS ERNEST MILLER - The Cat does the j.o.b. HUGH MORRIS VS [B]MIKE SANDERS[/B] - Sue me, I mark for Sanders! :D [B]AIR RAID[/B] VS TOTALLY BUFF - should be an interesting matchup [B]BILLY KIDMAN[/B] VS SHANNON MOORE - Kidman retains in a not very close matchup [B]KID ROMEO[/B] VS CHRISTOPHER DANIELS - coin flip, either one could win this

Archived