ecw:one night stand 3 not in new york this time.

jerlito

what i have read is that this year's one night stand will be held somewhere else but here is the thing ecw won't be the only brand wreslting raw and smackdown will be wreslting to so what this mean is that ecw one night stand will be for all 3 brands.

Yeah, it's probably smart because if they put the ECW that they have now into Hammerstein Ballroom, they would literally tear apart everything on the show. Those are the true ECW fans, and they would just be offended with the ECW that they were being offered now.

ECW:ONS was amazing. The second ONS was actually very good, but didn't have the same emotional feel. And it bugged me that RVD didn't go over clean. Still, a really good PPV IMO. (Angle/Orton, Rey/Sabu were pretty hot) But I'd be vary wary of getting this PPV. The roster hasn't been involved in anything overly interesting. And none of the 'New Breed' seem capable of putting on an ECW type match.

They've stated that cross branding is going to become an ongoing thing. They will still have whichever brand the PPV belongs to as the main theme (ECW in this case), but all three brands will be making appearances in all the PPV's, reguardless of brands.... It's from a poll or some study group they come up with this idea. They say that the fans want to see all the Superstars (the really popular ones) on all the shows, so they are going to crossbrand for sure all the PPV's, and will be doing crossbranding as they feel is necessary on the three tv shows as well.

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;217497]Yeah, it's probably smart because if they put the ECW that they have now into Hammerstein Ballroom, they would literally tear apart everything on the show. Those are the true ECW fans, and they would just be offended with the ECW that they were being offered now.[/QUOTE] I read on pwinsider a week or so ago that this is the exact reason why WWE moved ONS. I would have loved for them to keep it in the Hammerstein Ballroom just so I could hear the fans tear apart the show. [QUOTE=djthefunkchris;217530] It's from a poll or some study group they come up with this idea. They say that the fans want to see all the Superstars (the really popular ones) on all the shows, so they are going to crossbrand for sure all the PPV's, and will be doing crossbranding as they feel is necessary on the three tv shows as well.[/QUOTE] that is true.... at the smackdown house show I went to on campus back in jan., I can't tell you how many people, usually parents who bought tickets for their kids and friends were complaining that the raw stars were not there. (I heard more than one mother say that if she knew Cena was not going to be there, she would have not bought the tickets)

The only problem I see with the cross-branding for ECW that of the "really popular guys" in WWE, they have maybe 2 or 3. So the show is going to take a back seat on its own PPV. Hopefully, they'll be able to put aside this New Breed vs Originals thing and establish some storylines for individual workers by the time ONS comes around.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;217538]The only problem I see with the cross-branding for ECW that of the "really popular guys" in WWE, they have maybe 2 or 3. So the show is going to take a back seat on its own PPV. Hopefully, they'll be able to put aside this New Breed vs Originals thing and establish some storylines for individual workers by the time ONS comes around.[/QUOTE] I aggree in a way, or it might be the exact way, who knows... lol. What I think it will be is just like you would book it. Lets say there is going to be six match's all together (probably double, but just for sake of simplicity). They would probably have ECW only for four of them, and two with the other brands being a part, or only... And the other brands having the more popular people will have to be the one's closer to the main event.... But ECW would still have to AT LEAST have one of their guys in the Main Event. Bassically, you could have two or three ECW only match's (example) to start off the show.. Then an ECW vs Raw vs Smackdown type match. AN All out Smackdown vs Smackdown, the Raw vs Raw singles match's, then the Main Event might be something like Lashley Vs. Kennedy... Just a thought.

I think they are holding this year's One Night Stand in Jacksonville, FL where ECW and MLW both held a ton of shows. By the way, I understand the cool name, but now that we're coming up on the third ONE Night Stand, shouldn't they change the name? Especially since ECW is a full brand now.

C'mon now....you guys are worried about semantics when this is Marketing 101. It's an established event name with a history (only two years, but still ) of getting good buy-rates. I don't see why they [I]should [/I]change it. It is possible to have a series of One Night Stands after all.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;218695]C'mon now....you guys are worried about semantics when this is Marketing 101. It's an established event name with a history (only two years, but still ) of getting good buy-rates. I don't see why they [I]should [/I]change it. It is possible to have a series of One Night Stands after all.[/QUOTE] Then that would make ECW a whore.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;220073]This is the only explanation for ECW on Sci-Fi.[/QUOTE] Lol for that. [QUOTE=Remianen;220331]No, that would make ECW a 'friend with benefits' or a booty call. ;)[/QUOTE] Thats a shame too..... ECW would make a great steady relashionship... .... He has a car.....

Archived