T-Zone? Something Smaller?

Hey, So I want to possibly start a real world game, but when I downloaded T-Zone i found that its waaaay to big. I know... It's the real world of pro wreslting, but honestly... I just want to play as the people that I know, and don't really need 62 promotions, and over 3,000 workers... That's just too large of a game. So what I'm getting at, ARe there smaller real world games out there? If so, what and where can I get it?!

You can download 1 Ring Circus from bobinc.net I think it's from Feb this year. There is a newer version supposed to be coming out soon. As for T-Zone being to big, Why don't you just delete some promotions and workers that you will not use in the editor?

My thoughts on it exactly. Not for speed purposes, but statistical accuracy. Nobody could accurately grade over 3,000 guys, and if Kevin Nash is a B+ in stiffness then I'm at least a 200 in brawling. There should be ~1,000 workers, with WWE, ROH, TNA, OVW, and about 10 other U.S. promotions at varying overness levels. The rest is mainly superfluous. Then you'd see good statistical integrity. To quote the Tourette's guy: "DON'T load it up with a bunch of BULL ****!" [I]* And of course, the important foreign promotions as well[/I] (This isn't meant to take anything away from T-Zone, it's one hell of an impressive mod. It's the main reason one of my friends bought the game, even though he was dismayed to find out he wasn't one of the 3,833 most important wrestlers in the world.)

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;232900]My thoughts on it exactly. Not for speed purposes, but statistical accuracy. Nobody could accurately grade over 3,000 guys, and if Kevin Nash is a B+ in stiffness then I'm at least a 200 in brawling. There should be ~1,000 workers, with WWE, ROH, TNA, OVW, and about 10 other U.S. promotions at varying overness levels. The rest is mainly superfluous. Then you'd see good statistical integrity. To quote the Tourette's guy: "DON'T load it up with a bunch of BULL ****!" [I]* And of course, the important foreign promotions as well[/I][/QUOTE] You've said what I was going to, but in a less flamey and more articulate way. To the original poster: You're best off waiting for Fall of the One Ring Circus to release sometime in the immediate future. It was the best data set last year and actually scaled to TEW.

I totally think that whoever created the T-Zone database is amazing! Honestly, to develop such a deep database had to have taken them a really long time! So for that, I take my hat off to them. The dedication is much appreciated! My problem is that I don't really keep up with indy wrestling all that much, and really would rather just play with those workers that I know. WWE, TNA, ROH... Stuff like that. I mean a couple more companies would be sweet, but I really only play for maybe like a show a day. Anyways, I don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to bash the creators of T-Zone cause that's totally not it! It's an amazing database, I'm just someone who wants a smaller database... May just go back to Cornellverse, Not really sure. Thanks everyone! Tony

I don't understand why if someone wants 10 promotions rather than 60, why not delete the 50 you don't want, no need to do it more than once as once you delete things they are gone forever, or try turning on less game area. Myself personally all game areas, 5mins max loading the first couple days then after that 30secs max which i do not think is that bad in fairness. Each to their own i suppose

[QUOTE=forlan;232929]I don't understand why if someone wants 10 promotions rather than 60, why not delete the 50 you don't want, no need to do it more than once as once you delete things they are gone forever, or try turning on less game area. Myself personally all game areas, 5mins max loading the first couple days then after that 30secs max which i do not think is that bad in fairness. Each to their own i suppose[/QUOTE] Because that is just logical and logic is in short supply here sometimes. Personally I love T-Zone cause I love watching all the Indy guys develop along the way and then start snatching them up as they get good. Great work Forlan.

Y'know..it is possible to prefer another database without it being a personal attack on forlan. I felt the same way when I loaded up T-Zone. It was just too much and I don't personally follow all that many indy companies and I definitely don't follow foreign indies and it had too many workers who I;m never in a million years going to care about. forlan obviously put a ton of work into it but it wasn't a database I could get in to. I second MTJTM and shamelessposer's recommendation: go to bobinc.net and download 1RC. it's streamlined while still having enough workers to give your game depth. most of the big name indy workers are in there and you won't feel overwhelmed. If you want the rosters to be updated, you could probably do it yourself in 10-15 minutes so you don't even really have to wait for the update. Try it.

[QUOTE=forlan;232936]Trust me, even a small mod would take a hell of a lot more than 10-15 minutes to update from february to now.[/QUOTE] Probably. It would depend on how accurate you want it to be and what areas of the game you care about. Personally, its still an extremely playable mod. No where near as daunting as T-Zone.

Thanks for the help everyone! Honestly, again, I want people to know I wasn't trying to attack anyone or speak against something because I am in awe of what the creator of the T-Zone Database did! He is much more talented at this stuff than I am! I may go and download the 1RC version to see what's going on there. Thank you again everyone, I appreciate it.

I don't think anyone thought you were. Everyone is different and we all have different preferences. Some like extensive mods, some don't. Personally, if Forlan were up to it, I'd think about releasing a "T-Zone Lite" It'd be more work on his end, but he'd cover both ends of the spectrum by appealing to all types of players.

Guest Ransik
With 512MB of RAM it's only taking about a minute between each day with me after a month in. After a few months some of the companies go under and it loads faster. I don't see why people play it... complain about it... then play it some more.

The most daunting thing about T-Zone is standardizing things. It seems some workers were done by different people or on a different scale (Jazz with 28 power, Nathan Jones with 37 looks, Trish with 76 looks (said in her profile to be unrivaled in beauty) and Crystal Carmichael (who?) with 96? You just have to go and even everything out though. Once you do the basic stuff with overness, this mod is scary good (overness levels and game balance seem spot on).

[QUOTE=Kobe1724;232980]The most daunting thing about T-Zone is standardizing things. It seems some workers were done by different people or on a different scale (Jazz with 28 power, Nathan Jones with 37 looks, Trish with 76 looks (said in her profile to be unrivaled in beauty) and Crystal Carmichael (who?) with 96? You just have to go and even everything out though. Once you do the basic stuff with overness, this mod is scary good (overness levels and game balance seem spot on).[/QUOTE] Yeah, that's what I've been feeling about it. I mean, I don't aggree with half the stats, but............. The overness and the way they act. It is almost "scarry". I'm not going to go overboard or anything, but the only mod that did this to me was DOTT. The HUGE difference between DOTT and this mod, was the stats. I dissagree, like I said, with the stats, but the overness makes the game work, and it works "scarily" well.. With DOTT, it was, to me, almost as if I was "there" again. The Stats, the overness, and even the tv shows and promotions... Just was top notch. I understood it, but couldn't believe it. This one (T-Zone), I come in thinking... It's going to be awesome because of the size.. Everything else is just small details in comparison to the size. However, as I went through the editor to look at things, I discovered the overness to be very well put together in relationship with the rest of the world. The worker's and the promotions. The stats as far as brawling, Mic skills, and such I find a bit weird, because of things that have been mentioned elsewhere already. However, it still works. If you can put together a working world, that stays together (for as much as one could expect), with this much substance, something is very RIGHT about it. Far as stats are concerned.. I have posted elsewhere that I have found that Overness is much more important then the stats (in mainstream promotions). How do I know this.. I have ongoing sim's that are of incomplete worlds, and when simming, lots of times people that I have literally not filled out anything but a bio for (meaning no stats at all), start to get over. Some even make it into the top 100 workers!! How can you do that if you can't work? LOL. Anyways, someone with 0 skill can still hold popularity in major promotions, as long as they have that "it" factor.. and I'm not talking about superstar quality. It seems to me that TEW has an "It" factor inside the mechanics, a magic that is not known untill you utilize the individual. Some just get it, for some reason.

I disagree with some of the thoughts, I personally love the size. It makes it more difficult to get good workers and all. If there's some problems with the stats(which they are) just change them. They haven't seen all the wrestlers, just a portion. I've already edited some people, but I like the overness they do, it's pretty realistic I think in most cases.

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Ransik;232951]With 512MB of RAM it's only taking about a minute between each day with me after a month in. After a few months some of the companies go under and it loads faster. I don't see why people play it... complain about it... then play it some more.[/QUOTE] My computer is 512mb RAM and was taking 3+ minutes to load each day. I cut the number of promotions down to 44 and its still taking 2 minutes for each day. And after the first month, 5 new promotions enter the fray! If both our computers are 512mb RAM, what could yours have that mine doesnt to take the loading time so different???

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;239433]So that new 1 Ring Circus update, is it just going to have updated rosters? Because I thought the size was perfect, so if its getting bigger, with my slow computer, i was curious if I should just download the original.[/QUOTE] 1RC will be updating roster's and taking into account people that they feel need to be in the data. T-Zone is just like they say... HUGE. It's where you can have a backyard promotion, and if you present the data truthfully and honestly to Forlan, it just might be in the data as well.. It's one of the few database's, where I could possibly see a very small promotion at Walmarts parking lot, come home, and see them in the data (although no one really knows them). That's the biggest thing about T-Zone, is that it is meant to be huge, and include everyone possible. The big thing with FOTORC or 1RC, is that it's "For the People, By the People". After they update and get it going in the direction they want it to work, then they release it, and try to keep it updated, as well as get input on such things as stats and such. IT's not going to have "half" the people or promotions that T-Zone does, because it's meant to be more of what matter's (to most). The benefit of both of these mods, is that there is actually a way if they work with each other, that each other's versions can come out every couple of months, opposite of each other, and keep us a fairly accurate real world (updated and all) out for us to play. Depending on what you want, you will decide yourself which one you want to play. In the meantime, hopefully there will always be one or the other available with accurate rosters and such.

• 3 weeks later...
If you want an enormous database encompassing all levels of the wrestling world, T-Zone is def for you. However, If you want a smaller, quicker version name use FORC, or 1RC (I forget what it's called these days, I've lost all my power around here. :)) Alternatively I would suggest DOTT, the best damn mod out there!

[QUOTE=forlan;232929]I don't understand why if someone wants 10 promotions rather than 60, why not delete the 50 you don't want, no need to do it more than once as once you delete things they are gone forever, or try turning on less game area. Myself personally all game areas, 5mins max loading the first couple days then after that 30secs max which i do not think is that bad in fairness. Each to their own i suppose[/QUOTE] i'd just like to thank you for the huge mods you do put out in my feeling the bigger the better it gives more options and its just alot more fun

Archived