Not major but still...

flamebrain

From 411mania: "WWE is no longer going to be putting nameplates on the championship belts. This is a reported cost cutting measure. Even the World Title, often referred to as "The Big Gold Belt" that has had the name plate forever will be dropping it." Its not a huge thing but I still hope that's not true, its the little things after all. :(

Guest Ransik
Haha... that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. Nameplates on replica belts only cost $25 with engraving... I can hardly imagine how even with a gold nameplate being in the range of maybe $100 would be costing the company so much money they need to stop using them. A small thought would be to stop hiring worthless talent to fill roster spaces and use actual talent sitting on their asses... but that's just me.

if they want to cut costs, why don't they just buy the replica name plates anyways, like Ransik said, they're $25 engraved, honestly, who the hell is going to tune into Raw and go "OMG! John Cena's nameplate isn't real gold!!!!!!!" Seems like they're just being picky with certain things at th emoment.

[QUOTE=Ransik;277352]Haha... that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. Nameplates on replica belts only cost $25 with engraving... I can hardly imagine how even with a gold nameplate being in the range of maybe $100 would be costing the company so much money they need to stop using them. A small thought would be to stop hiring worthless talent to fill roster spaces and use actual talent sitting on their asses... but that's just me.[/QUOTE] The problem with that is the fact that the belts lose their personality, in large part. When Batista was WHC and he held up the belt on TV, the nameplate was easy to see and gave Dave some measure of ownership. The same can be said for the WWE title. The other titles are nondescript in comparison, so sure take the nameplates off of them. Who ever bothers to really look at the IC or World Tag Team titles anyway? The titles that don't actually elevate folks (IC, US, Cruiser, tag team, ECW) don't really need to be visibly personalized IMO. You're right, of course. Using the talent they're paying would offer a lot more value to them. Having folks like 2 Cold Scorpio sitting home collecting a check isn't exactly what I'd call 'financially responsible' corporate management.

[QUOTE=Remianen;277360]Having folks like 2 Cold Scorpio sitting home collecting a check isn't exactly what I'd call 'financially responsible' corporate management.[/QUOTE] Scorpio was cut (again) about a month or so ago, but the fact they hired him with seemingly no use and then dropped him again just makes them the more guilty of stupidly wasting funds.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;277433]Since it has such a dramatic effect on finances, the addition/removal of nameplates to championship belts should now be a feature for TEW 08.[/QUOTE] OMG I spit soda with this one. Someone run to the suggestions forum and post that. It would be unrealistic for TEW not to have that since....WWE did it!

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;277433]Since it has such a dramatic effect on finances, the addition/removal of nameplates to championship belts should now be a feature for TEW 08.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Remianen;277476]OMG I spit soda with this one. Someone run to the suggestions forum and post that. It would be unrealistic for TEW not to have that since....WWE did it![/QUOTE] Me too, well, it was coffee, but you get the point. I had to take off my shirt! Sometimes people say some of the funniest things, and I didn't think anyone was going to catch that, then I come accross Remi's post, and I had an image of soda doing the same thing my coffee did.

I'm actually halfway looking forward to Cena dropping the belt just to see what happens with it. Edge got a new spinner belt, RVD was transitional so didn't bother... Would Randy Orton really use the Cena belt? Or would he have an RKO belt? Maybe go back to the 'Undisputed' belt that JBL/Eddie etc. had. Damn ugly belt, though... Or maybe they'll just go back to the Attitude era belt, which was the best looking World title WWE/F ever had :)

Archived