Mourinho...

keefmoon

has left Chelsea by mutual consent. What are all the football (or soccer, if you like) fans on here thinking about this? Personally as irritating as he was, he was different to the usual boring type of continental manager who refuses to be removed from his seat on the fence. He is a good manager, but he obviously wasn't happy and Roman clearly wasn't either, so I guess none of us can be surprised. Thoughts?

I'm a Hammers fan, but i thought mourinho was brilliant, a breath of freash air! I hate it when you see somebody like Gareth Southgate being sportsman-like about defeat, one of the main problems with our national side is that there are too many players that think that simply trying hard is good enough, it isn't! Results are key! Mourinho was a winner, albeit a bad one, but a winner! He was pretty funny too. I think Chelsea will struggle to find a manager who shares such a great rapport with the fans, but thats football. I think the minority of Chelsea fans who are blaming Ambromovich for Mourinhos departure and using him as a scapegoat for Chelsea poor early season form are a bit daft. As much as i like Mourinho he was somewhat aided by the amount of cash he had to spend wasn't he?

[QUOTE=panix04;293055] I think the minority of Chelsea fans who are blaming Ambromovich for Mourinhos departure and using him as a scapegoat for Chelsea poor early season form are a bit daft. As much as i like Mourinho he was somewhat aided by the amount of cash he had to spend wasn't he?[/QUOTE] He did well at Porto though, winning the Champions League with a team that Blackburn Rovers could beat anyday in the Premiership. Also he was forced to buy certain players by Abramovich eg: Ballack and Shevchenko (who as great as they are maybe the Premiership is not for them) and reportedly he was told to play fast exciting Football, so the Owner was messing about with in Mourinho's business quite a bit. But I just can't resist... Chelsea 0 Aston Villa 2.

[QUOTE=TCP1;293099]Great manager with an impecible record. Still nevermind, as a gooner, I'm glad that Chelsea got rid of someone so good, hopefully they'll replace him with someone not as good who'll play exciting football, but not winning football.[/QUOTE] Like Alan Pardew?

For an arrogant **** who should have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute far more than he did (notably when he accused both Nicky Hunt AND the Reading First Aiders over Cech's injury last season), he'll be sorely missed from the Premiership though. And from Chelsea if Lampard decides that maybe he does want to buy out his contract. Still, as a Man U fan, I'm not that gutted... EDIT: Oh yeah, and despite his relatively short reign, he's was at Chelsea for longer than any other club in his career. I'm sure he'll be one of those managers to keep popping up with European greats.

I am shocked!! He is easily is one of the best managers around, i doubt they can find someone better, in fact he is in the top 10-15 managers around, so really you can't do much better than that. Sure he had Abramovich support, but that does not take any credit off him at all. I rather not say what team i am with, they are doing so **** this year it is a bit of a disgrace!:D

The thing that really surprises me in Mourinho's move is that it actually made a ripple here in the States. Not much of one I grant you. But in a country where The Beautiful Game can't hardly buy respect outside the schoolyard, it takes a remarkable story to merit mentions in so much as the screen crawl. Yet this morning both ESPN and Headline News have it there. As marquee an EPL team as they are, I didn't Chelsea had the pull here. Man U because of the ties to the Glazers and er go the Tampa Bay Buccaneers maybe. But not Chelsea.

F' off Mourinho! F' off Mourinho! Da - da - da -da - dada Da -da da- da- dada ***************************************** Ole, ole, ole... Jose Mourinho is gay! ***************************************** Mouriho, woa-o-o-oh Mouriho, woa-o-o-oh He left the Chelsea scum But still takes it up the *ahem* So and so forth. Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE]“[B]So although you can never predict what will happen in football, I would like to be in London by 2012. “If it is not working at Chelsea, then Crystal Palace or somebody else.[/QUOTE][/B] He's on his way to Selhurst to replace our shambles of a manager ...

Archived