Raw 11-26-07 (possible spoilers)

Franchise22

is it me or does mr kennedy look really small...... good promo by him tho..... jerichos new finisher is ok. kinda like a backstabber but to the face. he looked really good in the ring IMO. great mic work tonight. again,no heat for orton (the crowd seems to be in a golf gallery)..... small pops for hhh and hardy.....i know im beating a dead horse here but what a sad and dead crowd for what has been a decent raw.

All in all, I say this is a great RAW. I've been critical in the past of the shows, however, Tonight is actually really entertaining. The writing seems to be more interesting than most i've seen lately, but maybe that's because they've been focusing more on Jericho & Flair than boring superstars. Here are some things I've noticed: * LOVE Santino. He may not be a great "wrestler" but he's amazing on the mic, hilarious, a great character and he tells a great story in the ring. He may not be a great technition but he's got some great qualities. * Speaking of... Santino and Jericho were hilarious and made me actually watch the entire match. Side Note: I kinda like the new Jericho finisher! It could be boring in some ways, but it allows him to hit it out of nowhere much like an RKO or a Stunner. * The "dumb it down for Orton" thing was hilarious too * I love the Flair angle with possibly a career threatening match. it could be Ric's last match?! Who knows... but if not, great storyline putting his back against the wall. * Triple H vs. Jeff will be interesting

flair v orton is next! great show thus far. maybe a final title push for flair? undefeated til mania? at the rumble mcmahon says that a rumble loss ALSO means retirment.....wins goes to mania.......then he will either win the title one last time vs HHH drop it a month later and retires OR loses and retires on the biggest stage of them all.

WWE at the moment is doing my head in. Problems Santino winning the Intercontinental Belt in his first match on Raw. Jeff Hardy coming back to WWE and winning the Intercontinental Belt in his first match back. Intercontinental Belt in my view is a dead belt. Then they announce HHH Vrs Jeff Hardy for the next PPV and the Intercontinental Belt is not on the line. That tells you what HHH thinks about the belt backstage he does not want it. Then tonight on Raw, Jim Ross says Snitsky is yet to be pinned on Raw, wow the guy gets a skin head and all is forgotten about how many times he used to lose on Raw. Big V - Wow this new wrestler came out of nowhere. Why do they pretend Viscera was never alive. Y2J, comes back after 2 years and he will get a title shot straight away at the next PPV. This is stupid. Why was the WWE title not on the line tonight, Flair should have won it. The booking at the moment is very poor. I would give Shelton Benjamin and Jeff Hardy a push into the WWE main event, to freshen it up. Intercontinental Belt needs to be booked better. I think the WWE needs The Rock, Goldberg, or Brock Lesnar.

You were doing okay until the Big V comment so I'll go from there. Big Daddy V is supposed to be a new character. It'd be like them referring to Isaac Yankem when Kane is on screen. Chris Jericho has MASSIVE buzz around him right now and has got a lot of people [myself included] interested in the WWE again. Pushing him into the title picture makes perfect sense right now. You want FLAIR as the champion?! The guy's a legend but he is waaay past his prime and shouldn't even be competing with the WWE Champion. Not saying he's not on Orton's level because he is, but Orton's level shouldn't be WWE Champion. You want Flair to have the title and the WWE have poor booking? Although, yeah a lot of stuff has stunk recently. Hornswoggle and Carlito? Vickie Guerrero and Edge? The Great Khali and wrestling? Ugh... Shelton Benjamin has no mic skills and is frequently reported to not have the desire for wrestling, so yeah, let's stick him in the Main Event ¬_¬. Jeff Hardy on the other hand, yes, definitely. He has the fan-base, a different style to the other Main Eventers, and if you've seen The Hardy Show, he is friggin' hilarious. Jeff Hardy is being pushed up with Triple H and is the IC Champ so it could be worse but I agree, the belt should be on the line at Armageddon. GOLDBERG?! ...GOLDBERG?! NO WAY!! The Rock, **** YEAH! I'm a massive Rock mark. Lesnar...eh...he's alright but he always struck me as a complete prick so...

I believe JR and King said Snitski was unpinned "Since his return to RAW". Although Jim called the Whisper in the Wind a Twist of Fate. ::Facesmack:: What I liked was Triple H and Hardy in match and in promo, Santino everywhere. The Hornswoggle segment, Umaga in ring, Flair out of the ring, Jericho ... anywhere. Is it just me or did he outshine everyone that night in just the 3 minutes he was on commentary. Loved the display of respect for Flair, but I think it was OTT only because it showed a complete lack of trust in Flair by the other superstars in keyfab terms. If I was Flair's character I'd be pissed. Pissed enough for a heel turn perhaps?

[QUOTE=Slim Jim;323992]Big Daddy V is supposed to be a new character. It'd be like them referring to Isaac Yankem when Kane is on screen.[/QUOTE] In fairness, Kane debuted with a strong storyline/backstory, which was built for weeks. Viscera was just turned up on ECW as Striker's pupil or whatever and has yet to be given any real character other than being a generic WWE big man monster heel. Hell, they didn't even give him a different initial... 23 other letters and they pick V? Apart from that, he still basically looks like he did when he was Big Vis (sans the pyjamas) and unlike the Yankem gimmick, there wasn't a huge time span between the gimmicks either. Even the most casual WWE fan is going to realise it's Viscera, so hearing announcers going wax lyrical over him as a dominant force and not even acknowledging his prior identity just comes across very weakly. I don't blame the WWE for repackaging him, but at the same time I can't claim that them suddenly having no prior knowledge of Viscera isn't stupid. Selective memory in wrestling is prevelant though. Look at Khali's reign as champion and how 'unbeatable' he was being portrayed as when feuding with Cena. It's not surprising that the WWE weren't hammering home the fact that Undertaker defeated him only a couple of months earlier on a different brand. Actually, that's half the reason I can't get into the WWE anymore. Basic inconsistancies with characters and many workers getting next to no character development at all. There's just too much going on where I don't feel I'm being given a reason to care about either the workers or what they're doing (or not doing).

[QUOTE=Eisen-verse;324226]I think it was more ironic because he wasn't happy with Jeff Hardy winning the gold only the first show he's been back in a long time[/QUOTE] Exactly, he complained about that and Jericho getting a title shot upon his return (granted, there's a difference between three or so months and two years, but there was still no buildup to the match for it to be made a title match).

Yeah, sounds like a case of "they're not pushing my personal favourites, it's SO bad for business!" It's ok for Flair to get a title shot first night back (and he should WIN, dammit!), but a heinous crime for Jericho to get one a month after his return, which was built up for another 6 weeks? I call shenanigans.

[QUOTE=Slim Jim;324231]:rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Well for a different character, if you didn't want people to associate it with Viscera, why select the same initial. :rolleyes: As for Flair getting a title shot out of the blue, I'm not really sure how that constitutes better booking than giving the first ever Undisputed Champion a title shot on his return...

My point about the belt not being on the line in the Flair and Orton match was the fact Flair was going to win. I did not say I wanted Flair to be champion. I think Orton is the right guy at the moment. I just think Jeff Hardy or Shelton if he is was given a strong babyface push would be better than pushing someone who as not been in the company for 2 years a shot straight away. I also think Orton will beat Y2J at the PPV and kill any momentum that he had. Just like they always do. If you have been watching WWE the past few years you can't say the bookings have been good.

Viscera was away, for a good bit, last fight I think was the rumble one with him and Henry being the two Godzilla's, looking at each other... Before that he hadn't been around for a while either. I think that was a match to "See" if it could work out, because he was more "Big Daddy V" attitude in that match, then any of the other's. Then he dipped again, and when he come back, he was on ECW, a totally different show.. Pluss, it's totally obvious they mean him to be a totally different character. Pluss the fact that WWE for the last 20 years has been totally "cool" with the audience knowing it's all a big live soap opera... Remember the HBK remark about "Who's writing this crap anyways?" "I don't think anyone is, they're all on strike." DX steps right out of character and tells the audience, all the time that it's all scripted... Snitsky was gone for a good while as well. My point is, that WWE never makes the claim that you should "Believe" what's going on. Only that you should enjoy it. If you can't enjoy it, because they didn't "Wait long enough" for you to believe someone would be fooled... because technically, I don't think "YOU" Personally would have been fooled would you? Then why would they have to wait? They aren't really trying to fool you. Just have fun with the character. Why's that so hard? Did you think that "Viscera" was his "REAL" character or something?

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;324516]Viscera was away, for a good bit, last fight I think was the rumble one with him and Henry being the two Godzilla's, looking at each other... Before that he hadn't been around for a while either. I think that was a match to "See" if it could work out, because he was more "Big Daddy V" attitude in that match, then any of the other's. Then he dipped again, and when he come back, he was on ECW, a totally different show.. [/QUOTE] I may be wrong, but I seem to remember him appearing on RAW, getting drafted in the supplemental draft and appearing in ECW about a week later. As for ECW being a totally different show... well it's got a totally different ring apron at least. [QUOTE=djthefunkchris;324516]Pluss, it's totally obvious they mean him to be a totally different character. [/QUOTE] How is it totally obvious? I'm not really bothered whether he's supposed to be Vis with a new attitude or a newcomer out of nowhere, but since he turned up in ECW there's been nothing really explained his character at all. Instead, he's just given the same generic monster push and considering he's generally greeted by silence, perhaps it would be a good idea to flesh out his character a bit and give the fans more of a reason to hate him. I'm not knocking the WWE for repackaging him at all. [QUOTE=djthefunkchris;324516]Pluss the fact that WWE for the last 20 years has been totally "cool" with the audience knowing it's all a big live soap opera... Remember the HBK remark about "Who's writing this crap anyways?" "I don't think anyone is, they're all on strike." DX steps right out of character and tells the audience, all the time that it's all scripted... [/QUOTE] Way to kill the magic for me Chris. ;) [QUOTE=djthefunkchris;324516]My point is, that WWE never makes the claim that you should "Believe" what's going on. Only that you should enjoy it. If you can't enjoy it, because they didn't "Wait long enough" for you to believe someone would be fooled... because technically, I don't think "YOU" Personally would have been fooled would you? Then why would they have to wait? They aren't really trying to fool you. Just have fun with the character. Why's that so hard? Did you think that "Viscera" was his "REAL" character or something? [/QUOTE] There are countless TV shows that don't claim that you should take what's going on as reality, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't develop the characters involved and make you care about what they do on screen does it? The point I'm making is that I no longer enjoy what a lot of the WWE workers do because there's no real reason to care about them or a lot of what they do seems to mean nothing a couple of weeks or so later. It's got absolutely nothing to do with being 'fooled'.

Archived