Wallbanger

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Role Claim: i effin rule as VKM in DOTT

Funniest Role Claim: NickC as JR in Real World Mafia

Best Role: No idea...

Person Most Likely to Die First Day: mjdGoldeneye, never dies 1st day I think but always dies early.

Best Individual Performance: Undertaker in CVerse 2

Best Individual Performance: Outlaw321 in Real World Mafia

Best Individual Performance: Panix04 in Real World Mafia as UW (He was lucky hitting the McMahons, though :cool: )

Best Group Performance: NWO in Real World Mafia

Best Contribution to Mafia Discussion: masterded

Best Scum Catcher: Outlaw321

Best Serial Killer: Panix in real World Mafia

Funniest Player: NickC (was a tie between him, Bigjosh, Panix and Hamsalad for the stupid things they did, but Nick has been funny in every game so...)

Most Prolific Player: Undertaker666

Most Enjoyable Game: Barebones Mafia by nZane

I am pretty likely to die first day for other reasons (read: good choice), but remember that I WON the first 2 games. Overall, I'm pretty successful.

Unlucky, occasionally dumb, suspicious, random: Yes

Always dies early: no!

I know... it just came to my mind because how unlucky you are in most games lol... see Star Wars for your latest bad luck thingy. :)

I am taking into consideration that many favorites have already been nominated, so I guess I'll use this platform to nominate people I feel are deserving, but may be overlooked at this point.

I'll argue some of the more controversial nom's later in the post.

here goes

BEST ROLE CLAIM

NickC claims Good ol JR in the RWC game.

FUNNIEST ROLE CLAIM

Trypio claims Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Mafia

BEST ROLE

Darth Sidious from Star Wars Mafia

PERSON MOST LIKELY TO DIE THE FIRST DAY

Hamsalad

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE- PRO TOWN

Outlaw123 as the PGO in Barebones Mafia

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE- MAFIA

Djthefunkchris as Sate Pestage, in Star Wars Mafia

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE- MASON/CULT/INDIVIDUAL

joose2001 as Brian Vessy from Cverse1

BEST GROUP PERFORMANCE

The Sith, Star Wars Mafia

BEST CONTRIBUTION TO MAFIA DISCUSSION

Moe Hunter

BEST SCUM CATCHER

Arrows

BEST SERIAL KILLER

Self as Sephiroth, Video Game Mafia

FUNNIEST PLAYER

Leaving this blank as I feel the current noms are well represented. (plus there's six of them.. gahhh)!

MOST PROLIFIC PLAYER

Nzane

MOST ENJOYABLE GAME

BareBones Mafia

BEST NIGHT SCENE

Night 3, Cverse 2... Vengeance Returns!

GDS HALL OF FAME

Plenty of Noms currently, plus I feel the most deserving are already mentioned, so I won't add to it.

PROPOSED New Categories

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER

Self

BEST MODERATOR

SadisticBlessings, Outlaw, and Nzane are all obvious noms. So, I'll throw IER's name into the hat for Star Wars Mafia

BEST ENDING

DOTT (the postcard from VKM sold it for me).

Some of my choices may seem poor, so I'll go ahead and argue them here. Note the one's I don't argue for; I feel quite strongly that their merits speak for themselves.

NickC as Good Ol JR was, in my opinion, probabaly the best false roleclaim I have ever seen. It's potential was boundless, and in the hands of a really strong player, Good ol JR could have turned RWC into a real Slobberknocker, leaving WWE and TNA beaten like government mules! So, when i say NickC as good ol JR, know that in that particular category, I am doing as it instructs, and nominating the role, not the player.

Darth Sidious for Best Role. The more I think about that particular role, the more I like it. It combines a Mafia Don with a politician (which completely fits the real world character its following, which i think should count for a little extra on the creativity side). Using the Politician powers does change the Don's investigated allignment from town to non town, so it does carry some risk, it means using the ability should require strategy, plus it puts an impetus on the Politician to search out multivoters to manipulate.

Hamsalad. His death was a perfect example of why self voting can screw the town over. In addition, all the really good choices had been nominated already.

Outlaw in Barebones. Its a crime he wasn't already mentioned! How can you consider nominating great pro town perfromances and completely miss the job DJ and Outlaw did in the Barebones game? Looking at the current noms my only tough choice was deciding between Outlaw or DJ to nominate. I'll give the nod to Outlaw because he got the ball rolling early with the Cappyboy lynch and never let up after that.

Dj as Sate Pestage: yes he wasn't the Don, but the Sith called him their MVP, and more so than anyone else in his group, he was the guy who was out front, with his chin tucked out daring the town to take a swing... and when it really counted, they missed!

Joose2001 as Brian Vessy. As a Non Town Alligned player he made nearly to the end, and by all rights should have finished the game (a first and only at GDS) but the Mafia screwed up by killing him (he could have won with them as well). Though he didn't quite make it, it wasn't his fault.

Moe Hunter: I felt his posts in the RWC game in illuminating the different forms of threat (between Cult and Mafia) facing the town is worth consideration.

Self: While the Axis of Evil Mafia was failing to kill anybody, this guy was quietly piling up the bodies. he was only discovered after all the remaining Mafia memebrs and their mothers put their cards on the table and counted heads.

Cverse 2 Night 3 (this category needs more noms btw!!!)

This is the night a townie dressed up as a reanimated Serial Killer from a previous game. Done as a joke, it fooled real townies into believing they had another mass murderer on their hands!

Well thats it for me. Congrats to all the noms.

One note about the current batch of nominations:

Only two categories seem to be lagging in interest: Best Night Scene and the proposed Best Ending. Unless there's a surge of activity in the next couple of days I think I'll drop these from the ballot.

The other side of the coin is that some categories are getting a bit bloated. What I'd like to propose in that case is to have the moderators (SadisticBlessings, mjdgoldeneye, nZane, theoutlaw321, Astil, and i effin rule) give me input to narrow the categories to five maximum nominations each. Please continue to nominate if you feel there are things worthy of consideration, though.

Feedback, as always, is appreciated.

One note about the current batch of nominations:

Only two categories seem to be lagging in interest: Best Night Scene and the proposed Best Ending. Unless there's a surge of activity in the next couple of days I think I'll drop these from the ballot.

The other side of the coin is that some categories are getting a bit bloated. What I'd like to propose in that case is to have the moderators (SadisticBlessings, mjdgoldeneye, nZane, theoutlaw321, Astil, and i effin rule) give me input to narrow the categories to five maximum nominations each. Please continue to nominate if you feel there are things worthy of consideration, though.

Feedback, as always, is appreciated.

Which ones and how many would you like us to narrow it down to?

What I'd like to propose in that case is to have the moderators (SadisticBlessings, mjdgoldeneye, nZane, theoutlaw321, Astil, and i effin rule) give me input to narrow the categories to five maximum nominations each.

:p:D:cool:

Any category that has more than five I think should be trimmed back to five, otherwise there's too much diffusion of votes. Only exception would be Hall of Fame, which I think should be trimmed back to ten.

My thought was that the mods could PM to me which nominations they would CUT from any category list in order to have five remaining.

:p:D:cool:

I've never actually stated that I could read.

I have no idea how I missed that.

Any category that has more than five I think should be trimmed back to five, otherwise there's too much diffusion of votes. Only exception would be Hall of Fame, which I think should be trimmed back to ten.

My thought was that the mods could PM to me which nominations they would CUT from any category list in order to have five remaining.

Will do.

Really don't think I should be in the scum catcher noms at all.

My best two, DOTT I wasn't actually much good(I was right, however), but Wall had a lot to do with that. In Star Wars, right at everything that came from me in that thread, came from Outlaw through AIM at some point in time unless it was idiotic nonsense. Then it was likely mine.

I am trying to think of more Night scenes to offer up for consideration but many are blurred in my memory. Hard to recall which was which.

A few from memory.

Cverse 2, when Joe Sexy died defending jesse because he was driven mad from sexual frustration!

Barebones

Either night one when MJ attacked the PGO, or later night. when TEOR killed the remaining sherrif.

VG.. only thing that stands out is the night Sephiroth killed Aeris. Think I remember it so well because it exposed my false role claim. I do recall it being well done though.

Star Wars.. night one.. Derek B defends his target only to be killed chasing a different attacker.

I am trying to think of more Night scenes to offer up for consideration but many are blurred in my memory. Hard to recall which was which.

A few from memory.

Cverse 2, when Joe Sexy died defending jesse because he was driven mad from sexual frustration!

Barebones

Either night one when MJ attacked the PGO, or later night. when TEOR killed the remaining sherrif.

VG.. only thing that stands out is the night Sephiroth killed Aeris. Think I remember it so well because it exposed my false role claim. I do recall it being well done though.

Star Wars.. night one.. Derek B defends his target only to be killed chasing a different attacker.

Funny part was nZane PM-ing me right afterswards and saying "Hey Yoshi, I'm glad to see you took care of the complete job."

Here's my input:

The Categories:

Best Role Claim - Only 4, so I'll let it go.

Undertaker666 as Shockmaster in Real World Chaos

i effin rule as Vincent Kennedy McMahon (false) in DOTT

Undertaker666 as Squeaky McClean (false) in CornellVerse 2.0

NickC13573 as Jim Ross (false), Real World Chaos

Funniest Role Claim - I'd take out UT and/or Nick here as they're in the above category.

Undertaker666 as Shockmaster in Real World Chaos

panix04 as Jim Barnett in DOTT

panix04 as Eric Tyler in CornellVerse 2.0

Antithesis as Diddy Kong in Video Game Mafia

NickC13573 as Jim Ross (false), Real World Chaos

trypio as Luke Skywalker (false), Star Wars Mafia

Best Role - I'd say remove UT again and El Patron (2 CVerse 1 noms, that one was less good, IMO). UT's role was good however, so maybe Falco (not too original overall).

Shockmaster from Real World Chaos

Ric Flair from Real World Chaos

Steve Frehley from CornellVerse 2.0

El Patron from CornellVerse 2.0

Falco from Video Game Mafia

Ugly Duckling/Psychotic Swan from Barebones Mafia

Darth Sidious from Star Wars Mafia

Person Most Likely to Die First Day - This category has a few ways of being categorized, so it varies. I'd take out anyone who at the moment has a trend to survive a while, and seems to play well. I'd remove Remianen because he only played 2 or 3 games, and ya/MidnightNick have been ok lately. (From memory, maybe they haven't...)

ya_its_me

panix04

Remianen

NickC13573

mjdgoldeneye

Midnightnick

derek_b

hamsalad

Best Individual Performance - Pro Town - How many PGO's, exactly, are in here??? I'd take out Moe (He lost).

Wallbanger as Wolf Hawkins, CornellVerse 1.0

Undertaker666 as Remo, CornellVerse 2.0

Moe Hunter as Stone Cold Steve Austin, Real World Chaos

djthefunkchris as Army Veteran, Barebones Mafia

i effin rule as Fox McCloud, Video Game Mafia

theoutlaw321 as Paranoid Gun Owner, Barebones Mafia

Best Individual Performance - Mafia - I'm picking Robotnik to take out, because it's the third VG character.

derek_b as Bowser, Video Game Mafia

Undertaker666 as Vince McMahon, DOTT

Arrows as Enforcer Roberts, CornellVerse Mafia

Midnightnick as Gannondorf, Video Game Mafia

lostrelms as Robotnik, Video Game Mafia

djthefunkchris as Sate Pestage, Star Wars Mafia

Best Individual Performance - Mason/Cult/Individual - I'd say take out Outlaw's Jedi (He fell for a framer, and regardless of my performance, helped to out a townie. Also, nominated twice), and 'Banger (nWo wasn't really a cult. It was a mafia at heart, but never got enough members to really make use of its kill!)

Wallbanger as The Great Khali (nWo), Real World Chaos

Arrows as Ricky Steamboat (MACW), DOTT

Undertaker666 as Shockmaster (Individual), Real World Chaos

theoutlaw321 as Saesee Tiin (Jedi Council), Star Wars Mafia

theoutlaw321 as Kevin Nash (nWo), Real World Chaos

panix04 as Ultimate Warrior (Individual), Real World Chaos

joose2001 as Bryan Vessey (Individual), CornellVerse 1.0

Best Group Performance - I'd take out TNA (lost, 2nd RWC nom), and the town in CVerse 2 (2nd CVerse 2 nom, and technically not a "group")

Axis of Evil in Video Game Mafia

WWF in DOTT

LAW in CornellVerse 2.0

CornellVerse (Town) in CornellVerse 2.0

TNA in Real World Chaos

nWo in Real World Chaos

The Sith in Star Wars Mafia

Best Contribution to Mafia Discussion - All good...

Undertaker666

djthefunkchris

theoutlaw321

masterded

Moe Hunter

Best Scum Catcher - No idea who to take out, so I'd say DJ because he hasn't been consistent, nor has nZane.

joose2001

djthefunkchris

theoutlaw321

Undertaker666

nZane

Arrows

Best Serial Killer - Still good...

panix04 as Ultimate Warrior in Real World Chaos

trypio as The Shiek in DOTT

Self as Sephiroth, Video Game Mafia

Funniest Player - Arrows tends to be a clever angry more than funny. Also, I don't think DJ is funny... :D

Arrows

Jim Force

Undertaker666

panix04

Antithesis

NickC13573

djthefunkchris

Most Prolific Player - 5 = Woo!

Undertaker666

djthefunkchris

mjdgoldeneye

Arrows

nZane

Most Enjoyable Game - Good

CornellVerse 2.0

Video Game Mafia

Death of the Territories

Barebones Mafia

Best Night Scene - Ok... I'd say add the night where Shane kills HHH or where Khali is recruited, because as being from my game, I remember them.

Night 5, DOTT

Night 3, CornellVerse 2.0

GDS Mafia Hall of Fame - 2007 - The more the merrier for this category, IMO.

Undertaker666

SadisticBlessings

derek_b

theoutlaw321

The Aussie

Wallbanger

trypio

Clarity

masterded

I effin rule

gonvick

Nevermore

machinesxe

Adam Ryland

Proposed New Categories:

Most Improved Player - Set...

Midnightnick

machinesxe

Self

Best Moderator - All good...

SadisticBlessings

nZane

theoutlaw321

i effin rule

Most Dramatic Moment In Game - Good...

Lynch of Anakin Skywalker and death of Padme Amidala, Star Wars Mafia

Lynch of Godfather, Barebones Mafia

Lynch of Darth Tyrannus, Star Wars Mafia

Confrontation between Jeff Jarrett and The Great Khali, Real World Chaos

Lynch of Tommy Cornell Jr., CornellVerse 1.0

Thought it was supposed to be done by PM? :confused:

And we were a cult. A mafia has a night kill. You made it impossible for us to get one.

Oh, well, doesn't matter. Either way, my PM box is occupied with mafia atm anyway.

You weren't a cult. I was mod, I can call you all wolverines and it would be true!

You were one of 2 mafias, complete with a don and potential night kill. You can call yourself a hybrid, but you can't be called a cult and not a mafia. (The win conditions = mafia...)

Oh, well, doesn't matter. Either way, my PM box is occupied with mafia atm anyway.

You weren't a cult. I was mod, I can call you all wolverines and it would be true!

You were one of 2 mafias, complete with a don and potential night kill. You can call yourself a hybrid, but you can't be called a cult and not a mafia. (The win conditions = mafia...)

Not going to argue. lol But a mafia has a night kill built in. A hybrid is one where one has to be worked towards! And there wasn't any way that we were going to get to the point that we could. ;)

Enjoy your game! Ease up a bit. You're already tense! lol

Sorry, mjd, but a cult's win condition is to take over the town just like a mafia, so you can't distinguish based on that.

What distinguishes a cult is the fact that it recruits rather than kills. You chose to introduce the possibility of a kill as 'balance' for only allowing an every-other-day recruit. (I put 'balance' in quotes because despite the attempt it was imbalanced against the faction.)

Any objective observer would classify nWo as a cult. Folks who weren't involved in the game but read it identify nWo as a cult. You're perfectly within your rights to call it a mafia (and disagree with EVERYONE ELSE that has put forth an opinion on it) and even say "I'm the mod and I say so", but from a game mechanics perspective it functioned as a cult. That's why the nominations were classified the way they were.