2007 GDS Scummie Awards

Wallbanger

Seeing these catergories makes me really wish I'd used my save point roleclaim in VG mafia now. I had it all mapped out... the power (once in the game) to go back to the previous day and undo a lynch. As the end of the game was closing in, the only reason I didn't need it was because we recruited the vote changer (Clarity) on the final night and that sealed everything for us. :cool: As a result of the same game, I'd love to nominate myself as Most Likely To Die On The First Day. :D

Anywho, proper nominations now based on the last few games. I've only played three games and half read one other so I'm not fully up on all the possible roles. Will add my general thoughts as I go though.

I really liked Jim Force's role from VG Mafia, so that would get my nomination for best role. With such a random chance to get info and the ability to communicate it to i_effin_rule, it was a great role and led to some massive gameplay implications the way it was played.

mjdgoldeneye has got to be my nomination for Person Most Likely To Die First Day. Whether he's targetting the PGO or just drawing attention to himself, he never fails to put his foot in it somehow and draw attention to himself. :)

Best Individual Pro-Town... I'd like to nominate theoutlaw321 from Barebones. He helped guide the town to victory even if it did take a little longer than it should have at the end... not that I'm bitter about being the last non-mafia member to be killed or anything. :p

Best Individual Mafia... I'd like to nominate midnightnick, lostrelms and TheEdgeOfReason for their contributions in VG mafia. You deserve it guys!!

Best Group Performance... once again I'm a little restricted in what I can add here, but any mafia who ends the game with more members than when they started, without losing a single member along the way deserves their vote I think. So with all bias, The Axis Of Evil from VG mafia get my vote. So good, the sequel is named after their jokes! :cool:

Best Contribution to Mafia Discussion. theoutlaw321 IMO. He's my kind of player really and he can cause mafia no end of trouble with his probing questions and ability to push the flow of thoughts in the right direction. If only he would be a little more aggressive, then maybe I'd be able to understand him more easily and pick up on what he means!

Funniest Player: Antithesis, for outing himself as a Don in his first game during VG mafia. And then failing to learn from that and getting himself modkilled on the first day of Star Wars... in fact, he should be added to my list for Most Likely To Die Day 1 too. Don't worry buddy, you'll get there yet!

Most Enjoyable Game: Since VG has already been added, I want to add my first game too. Barebones mafia by nZane was awesome and is likely to be the game I base my own off. But kudos to everyone so far, they've all been great!

Most Improved: midnightnick, even from the start of VG mafia to the end of it I saw a lot of improvement in him. Although to be fair, I'm not sure we've had enough games yet to really have this category added.

Best Moderator: All of them. Seriously, how could you pick just one?

Thanks to everyone who has nominated me for anything, you're all wrong!! But remember, don't let me influence your vote. :cool::D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my nominations:

FUNNIEST ROLECLAIM: Antithesis for the Don Diddy Kong roleclaim in VG Mafia (though as a fellow Sidekick Mafiaso, I could understand why he did it)

Most likely to die day one award: (tie) Ya_Its_me, Midnightnick, and Derek_b (The first two for the shenanigans during BArebones, the third for being such an unbearable smart-@$$ having won VG Mafia)

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE: djthefunkchris, in Barebones Mafia.

Here are my nominations:

FUNNIEST ROLECLAIM: Antithesis for the Don Diddy Kong roleclaim in VG Mafia (though as a fellow Sidekick Mafiaso, I could understand why he did it)

Most likely to die day one award: (tie) Ya_Its_me, Midnightnick, and Derek_b (The first two for the shenanigans during BArebones, the third for being such an unbearable smart-@$$ having won VG Mafia)

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE: djthefunkchris, in Barebones Mafia.

Shadowed, I'm a doublewhammy. I was on the VG Mafia Mafia side as well and decieved the whole town. Even though the Barebones experience... I regret that one.

Shadowed, I'm a doublewhammy. I was on the VG Mafia Mafia side as well and decieved the whole town. Even though the Barebones experience... I regret that one.

Well, we've talked about the Barebones incident, and we've put that behind us.

However, there remains the VG Mafia...and of course you know, this means WAR!!!1!!!one!!

VOTE: Midnightnick :p

Since this is the 2007 awards, and the Star Wars game began in 2007, can we push the deadline for nominations back until the game is done (or almost done) that way we can include people from the most current game in the balloting (should they deserve it) and probabaly flesh out the number of nominees available.

And also that will mean less of a chance that the Star wars game gets overlooked for next years awards (assuming there are awards next year).

Since this is the 2007 awards, and the Star Wars game began in 2007, can we push the deadline for nominations back until the game is done (or almost done) that way we can include people from the most current game in the balloting (should they deserve it) and probabaly flesh out the number of nominees available.

And also that will mean less of a chance that the Star wars game gets overlooked for next years awards (assuming there are awards next year).

Actually not a bad idea, I can update the main page with new dates after Star Wars ends.

First just came in and noticed that someone suggested me for HOF? Wow and I thought I was crazy...I'm not "trust me"...Maybe you can induct me for the most memorial phrase...."Trust me".

No but seriously, I have not followed the last few games greatly but would like to point out that Adam Ryland needs to be inducted into the HOF for his making time to take part in the second Cverse series and that being done by the producer of one of my favorite games and showing his down to earth dedication to his fan base to "Hang", I think that shows he is well worthy of something.

If there is a spot for guy who would die and go out of his way to help keep the guys who were to lazy to add up the votes every 4 posts then it should go to Outlaw;)

Other then that I think everyone had nominated most of the people I would have by now.

Also maybe an award for the guy you were most likely to vote off because "he most be mafia this time". I would put mine on IER.

Good. Gonna want my MVP spot after this.

Ohh Best dramatic moment would be a great category. 2 to add to it, RWC game, when JBerg and Wallbanger basically call each other out as being Mafia and Cult. And in the VG game, when the Axis of Evil is trying to lynch Imarevanent, and he admits to the town that he is Mafia, but will work with them to kill the other Mafia, who he then names.

Oh Hell, one more.. Cverse 1, when the rest of the town is too worried about making a mistake and losing the game, Wallbanger nominates Astil for a Lynch. Had he chosen poorly the town would have lost.

That said though, yeah, my personal favorite was the vote on BigJosh in Barebones. That was such an intense moment, I'll never forget it.

I'd say the T Lynch was far more tense then the Anakin lynch.

You guys were lucky my lynch coincided with a Titans game. Had I been on, I think I could has dissuaded people from lynching me.

The Barebones lynch was intense, and since it was much later in the game and we got the hammer from another mafia member, it'd probably be my pick.

And by the way, the "Must be mafia this time" award should definitely go to me. Not even counting the number of times I was voted for posthumously, I'm pretty sure I've surpassed 'Taker in lynch votes, even though I've been town 6 out of 7 games. Only been strung up twice out of seven though.

You guys were lucky my lynch coincided with a Titans game. Had I been on, I think I could has dissuaded people from lynching me.

The Barebones lynch was intense, and since it was much later in the game and we got the hammer from another mafia member, it'd probably be my pick.

And by the way, the "Must be mafia this time" award should definitely go to me. Not even counting the number of times I was voted for posthumously, I'm pretty sure I've surpassed 'Taker in lynch votes, even though I've been town 6 out of 7 games. Only been strung up twice out of seven though.

You had no chance of surviving that.