I figure this could do with a bump... Having just finished a 7 1/2 year game with MAW on 07, I'm hoping to see some old/new faces included in the game. Assuming the game starts in January 2008 (and it may go later) than the liks of the XDW boys, Casey Valentine, Ash Campbell, Davis Wayne Newton, Alicia Strong and Cameron Vessey [I]ought[/I] to all be in the game. But how about one of my favourites: Josh Jones? The uncharismatic Canuck may have been set for a 2012 debut in the current game, but I'd love to have him ready to go in the new game - he could have gone full-time at 20 instead of waiting until he was 24. And what about El Heroe Mexicano (October 2010) and Amazing Fire Fly (April 2010)? How will I survive without them? They'd be about 18 by this time - easily time for them to debut and sign written deals with MAW in readiness for me to come in and take over ;) Anyone else have any favourite future workers they're going to struggle to do without when they reboot their careers this week?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=James Casey;430885]I figure this could do with a bump... Having just finished a 7 1/2 year game with MAW on 07, I'm hoping to see some old/new faces included in the game. Assuming the game starts in January 2008 (and it may go later) than the liks of the XDW boys, Casey Valentine, Ash Campbell, Davis Wayne Newton, Alicia Strong and Cameron Vessey [I]ought[/I] to all be in the game.[/QUOTE] They are. But where Alicia winds up, it'll blow your mind (or maybe it won't :p). When you get a hold of the demo, look for her in the workers section and check her contract(s). :) [QUOTE=James Casey;430885]But how about one of my favourites: Josh Jones? The uncharismatic Canuck may have been set for a 2012 debut in the current game, but I'd love to have him ready to go in the new game - he could have gone full-time at 20 instead of waiting until he was 24. And what about El Heroe Mexicano (October 2010) and Amazing Fire Fly (April 2010)? How will I survive without them? They'd be about 18 by this time - easily time for them to debut and sign written deals with MAW in readiness for me to come in and take over ;) Anyone else have any favourite future workers they're going to struggle to do without when they reboot their careers this week?[/QUOTE] What I did in my personal C-Verse mod is made all of my favorite new workers debut earlier, sometimes at the minimum working age. So people like Fuyuko Higa, Eri Sato, Velvet Suarez, Gemmei Oonishi, Sally Anne Christensen, and the like, all debut between January and August of 2008 (my DB's start date is September). Also, since I loved the National Battle, I made Queens of American Wrestling a National promotion so we start the game going head to head with SWF and TCW. We get our asses kicked for the first 3-4 months (coming in third all the time) until we find our stride and really lay it on the big two, just before NOTBPW enter the picture. It was the best compromise I could make since I can't bring my 07 save (which was in 2022 with us at Global) over to 08.

[QUOTE=Remianen;431107]They are. But where Alicia winds up, it'll blow your mind (or maybe it won't :p). When you get a hold of the demo, look for her in the workers section and check her contract(s). :) [/QUOTE] This makes me think BSC, for some reason. Surely not?!

ive come into this fairly late, but i agree with all the speculation about the USPW womens division....and USPW growing in size... it makes me very very sad but i do think DaVE will fall in size once more, though the fanboy in me is hoping for a growth spurt after finding a new network. Call me crazy but I want 21CW to have become so big in England and Europe, that tey are actually looking to start competing on an international level....maybe mid to high national status with some massively over stars in the region. As for Australia, itd be great to see Bruce the Giant leave the states to inject some live into the australian scene, alternatively adam could do some work and give it an entire back history that was just somehow forgotten in 07 (as is in real life).... or make it a hotbed for garbage hardcore ultra violent deathmatch wrestling, as there is a hole in the market in the cornellverse

If the game reflects the way the industry has gone, I'd say DAVE falling or even going out of business is a good possibility - especially since the probably continued growth of USPW will make it even harder for a niche promotion like DAVE to compete.

Archived