With a new TEW comes the really big, "oh snap!" changes to the Cornellverse most of us use and love. The last time we saw the Cornellverse was January of 2007 and I assume when the game is released the Cornellverse will be based around June of '08. So that's over a year that's passed with possible big things happening. So, what do you think or hope has changed since then? Have the big promotions picked up any Indy Scene Darlings? Will we see folks who were in the TEW 07 New Worker section make it into the main game? Has DAVE finally collapsed? So much could've happened, so while we wait for more info, let's speculate. Just for poops and giggles. Just to get the ball rolling, here are a couple of things I could see happening: Frankie Perez goes to DAVE (if it hasn't gone bankrupt) A big name, old school guy passes away (Ed DeColt, I'm looking at you!). A new promotion opens in Europe or the US. 5SSW or AAA gets some competition with a new women's wrestling company. DAVE finally falls to financial issues, but a newer, more fast paced company rises from it's ashes.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
-DAVE will be on it's dying days, where people like Hell's Bouncer and Nathan Coleman are maineventing (Not that there's anything wrong with Bouncer) -NYCW will finally get with the times and pull a coup of DAVE Talent, making it pretty much NYCDave. -Wraith Of God will become offical C-Verse Canon. -WEXXV will either close up shop, or have a total revival. -Someone major will die. (coughDanStoneorRipChordcough) -The UK Scene will be just as barren as ever. -One Mexican Promotion will make a stand in the US. Preferably MPWF.

I think Ring Of Fire will be either on its last legs or gone entirely. And i think Rip Chord will still be going.. I reckon he is like the ol' Queen mum.. Everyone thought she was going to live forever. The death will probably be an up-and-comer..

[QUOTE=TheEdgeOfReason;349056]It's the same as when some people believe that Paul and Steph won't end up together and that he will leave the 'E. It's too big pf a plot not to happen eventually, imo.[/QUOTE] Plus there's the little factor of McFly being really awesome and the tantalizing notion of him being a free agent or in a higher profile promotion after the divorce. Folks are eager to get him in marquee promotion to challenge a Cornell or a Christian Faith

[QUOTE=Clarity;349063]I think Ring Of Fire will be either on its last legs or gone entirely.[/QUOTE] Noooo.....what would I do?! I might have to take charge of...gulp...MOSC or something! In all seriousness I'll be interested to see if the changes in the C-Verse 08 are similar to the changes we see when we play a game with TEW07. We all now have an idea that the likes of ROF and WEXXV collapse by June 08. But will it happen in the official version?

[QUOTE=Marcel Fromage;349090]Noooo.....what would I do?! I might have to take charge of...gulp...MOSC or something! In all seriousness I'll be interested to see if the changes in the C-Verse 08 are similar to the changes we see when we play a game with TEW07. We all now have an idea that the likes of ROF and WEXXV collapse by June 08. But will it happen in the official version?[/QUOTE] Its either that of ROF change there product and gain some success

Frankie Perez goes to DAVE (if it hasn't gone bankrupt) => Probably the obvious changes will be made: Shooter Sean Deeley to NOTBPW, SUKI to PGHW, ... A big name, old school guy passes away (Ed DeColt, I'm looking at you!). => Perhaps the Stones see a change in the ownership of their company. :) A new promotion opens in Europe or the US. => Yes! A TNA-like one plz. :) 5SSW or AAA gets some competition with a new women's wrestling company. => Can't really see that happening, BUT we might see a new women's division somewhere. [SWF someone? :D ] DAVE finally falls to financial issues, but a newer, more fast paced company rises from it's ashes. => Meh I never liked DAVE anyhow. :rolleyes: WEXXV will hopefully fall, and perhaps GCG? We shall never know... Well, that is till June ;)

I can see TCW finally having overtaken SWF to the top. We need some new feds, so I can also see TCW or NOTBPW with a development fed. MAW is where it's really at, though. I need to know who won the 2007 Invitational already (and 2008 for that matter, if the database is set mid-'08). I could see MAW having a well established tag team division, with the Blondes and Rock City Stars still around (RCS still jobbing, of course) and a host of other teams. I think either Natural Storm will be working the tag team division in TCW or a well rebuilt DAVE, or one of them will be working the main event of MAW while the other works the undercard of one of the aforementioned companies. In the main event? Steven Parker and Mean Jean both have to still be there, though they won't be aligned anymore. They just can't be, it's ridiculous for two combustible elements to be working together for so long. One will be face. Des Davids will have moved on, I think (possibly to DAVE), while, to many people's surprise, Mainstream Hernandez has stuck around through the company's uprising and has had at least one run with the title. Sorry, I'm getting carried away. :p

Yeah I think MAW is going to make it big. Maybe be regional with their big 3 (Hernandez, Parker, and Jean) still around. I actually expect USPw tp drop either completly off or down to small and losing money fast. I wouldn't be surprised if Adam used some of Monkeypox's ideas and revived DAVE with Eddie Peak and "The Wrath of God" leading the way.

Guest Bolton
I've got some comical ideas for 2008 C'verse - Sean shocks the Canadians by announcing he wants to return to the SWF. However he's the Canadian champ, so dear ol' father-in-law Dan Stone screws Sean McFly in what was called "The Toronto Screwjob" the person who won it? The bosse's favorite son, Dan Stone Jr. - Tommy Cornell finally scumbs to desire and becomes a master of politics, guarrenting him that he is STILL the TCW World champ in 2008. Several of the talent leave. - Enygma shocks Richard Eisen by going to USPW so he can dominate the whole roster like he did in the 2004 SWF. - Runaway Train announces his retirement and drops the SWF World title to Steve Frehley, who has another mega run until losing it to.....Eric Eisen. (Nothing like a good political Jesus push isn't there? :rolleyes: ) - Peter Valentine becomes USPW World champ because he can suck Sam Strong's big juicy wrinkly grapefruits. :p - Rip Chord kicks the bucket and Jay Chord inherites MAW, despite the fact everyone thinks that Jay doesn't know s**t about business, but Jay, to everyone's surprise, get's the promotion into Regional thanks to using politics to take the Mid-Atlantic Championship off Steven Parker. - Tom "Angry" Gilmore gets pissed that he isn't going where his talent's should lead him and leaves for Canada, but when good old family politics :rolleyes: prevent him from reaching his destiny, he goes to Japan and becomes one of the most sought after gaijins. - Marc DuBois gets really over after taking a Prima Donna gimmick (Think early 90's Shawn Michaels) he becomes North American champion after beating THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE!!!!!! (What? I like the guy) - A bit late, but it turns out that Eric's run as SWF World Champion was really well-received, thanks to a huge title feud with domaniant heel Remo and that he had improved his performances and entertainment skills.

[QUOTE]- Peter Valentine becomes USPW World champ because he can suck Sam Strong's big juicy wrinkly grapefruits[/QUOTE] Already have had that happen in my dynasty game as well. Good old Petey had a year long run as the USPW World Champion, during a time when USPW was the only american promotion with a TV show. :D

Archived