[QUOTE=Beeker;351415]What is this talk of the fantasy Cornellverse? Everyone knows that the REAL power Timmy Cromwell who that hack Tommy Cornell stole everything from. Moves. Mannerisms. Promo style! Finally Timmy Cromwell finds a fed HaLF (the one that I'm still working at. Hopefully it'll debut in January.) Currently I've added 28 Mini wrestlers and have a bunch more to add. So far, all 30 are 'modelled' in whole or in part on current CVerse wrestlers. Plus a few 'modelled on none' minis I need to create. HaLF will be based in Northern Mexico and straddling the Texas/Mexico border and while far from super popular it will be a solid Small to Regional promotion. HaLF - It's not about weight limits, it's about height limits! *** Here now... the biography of Timmy Cromwell: "Smooth Injustice" Timmy Cromwell is considered by many within the industry to be the finest worker of his generation. Or would be, if not for being just under 4'6 and having all his in-ring moves and mannerisms cribbed by Tommy Cornell. A natural heel with an ability to make virtually any opponent look great. He schemes and dreams of a world where he won't be over looked due to his small stature.[/QUOTE] LOL!:D I love the idea of a midget fed. Are your mini's gonna have pics as well?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=brat99;351431]LOL!:D I love the idea of a midget fed. Are your mini's gonna have pics as well?[/QUOTE] I can't render. Have no idea how. And right now I'm not about to ask sebsplex to whip up a bonus 30 minis in addition to his work on the GDSVerse renders. Right now the only renders will be of the modelled-upon wrestlers. Ideally I'd take the image of Tommy Cornell and pull him halfway down the CVerse backdrop. So it's obviously Tommy but also clearly a mini-Tommy. Aka Timmy! I've got no plans currently to add the renders but if some of the devoted and devout renderers of the boards took up the challenge I'd be more than happy for any help at all.

I like the idea of Ricky DeColt going to 4C, but regardless of what happens, can 4C finally go somewhere? They've been around this long, everyone else has had some sort of change, but 4C seems stagnant. I would suggest that CGC falters in it's struggle against NOTBPW and falls to just within Cult status, forcing them to drop many of their workers, most of whom, bitter at how everything goes down, joins 4C and builds them to solidly Regional, and chasing CGC down.

All this "Kill DaVE" talk has me down. I think that DaVE should be doing fine! They've got Acid, Joey Minnesota, Eddie Peak and Big Cat Brandon locked down in long term deals. If anything, I think Caulfield, Tyler and Braun should be retired (with at least one being forced out due to injury), the Latino Kings should've matured somewhat, and the main eventers should be all the guys I just listed, with THE WRATH OF GOD (and dude, he should really be the Wrath of God in the next edition, because Pox's gimmick is just too good not to use) holding the Unified Title with guys like Acid, Minnesota and Eddie Peak chasing his heels! How is that not good enough to stay in business, you dam cynics?

Dave must stay open but is in the middle of a re-building process. It has lost New Wave to TCW and Eddie Peak to SWF but a new crop of talented youngsters should appear in Dave as well as a huge star who has come in and dominated the title picture maybe from Japan. I think SWF should still be No1 maybe with another TV show, but TCW has made up some ground. Make it like WWF vs WCW in that TCW is on the rise and soon could be taking over. as far as McFly goes . . i'd like him to leave NOTBPW. I think he should just leave on good terms with the knowledge that he has more to offer the big promotions. No need for a huge break up or fight just that he has potential to sit atop the wrestling world . . why wouldn't he? Jay Chord should go to his dads fed. and become prominant. Runaway Train should retire only to return to start some sort of Evolution type stable in SWF. Fast Tracking some quality young talent. Rich Money should be SWF Champion I'd like to see a TCW Heel stable with Tommy Cornell, Bryant & Oxford and Wolf Hawkins . . with Hawkins eventually turning face and going up against his former stable mates. Workers like Rocky Golden, Rick Law, Remo and Angry Gilmore should have gone to the next level with some big wins or moved companies. Champagne Lover should have moved to a US promotion where he is making big waves. There should be a couple of big stars emerge in the UK who all the top companies are after.

McFly needs to stay in NOTBPW. He doesn't have the mic skills and such to be a viable asset to the big promotions. He's a "wrestler" fit for a "wrestling" promotion. He's also too old for the other promotions. Places like TCW and SWF should be bringing in young talent, not older talent. And besides, if you look at it from a Cornellverse point of view, it's something that McFly wants. If he didn't, he'd be with the promotions in question.

Unlike what a lot of people are saying, I say that DAVE should have a big name defect to them (as a few did to ECW back in the day) from TCW or the SWF and should ride that momentum to the brink of national. TCW fail and convert back into HGC?

I think if Dave stays around it should be in a small time battle with someone like MAW to be the number 4 promotion in the USA after SWF, TCW and then USPW. I think besides Guide and Scout that USPW is going to get a bunch of older guys from Japan through their World champion and foreign embassador Bruce The Giant. This will also give them a few working agreements with promotions from the island. Older guys from TCW and SWF should also come to USPW looking for a place to end their careers. I can see Jumbo Jackson coming in and becoming a huge face battling against the number one/2 heel in USPW Giant Redwood or T-Rex. I also think that to add to their awesome tag team division of The Demons the Warlords, Guide and Scout that either both of the one of Vessey brothers should come join if only one they should team with Cameron. I can see USPW having good solid under card matches with the womans division and then using their star power at the top of the card to give the fans what they really wanna see. Bulldozer Brandon I wish would be in USPW but he's too good. I can see him in development for one of the big promotions weather in Japan or the USA it doesn't mattar. Pablo should lose his book in Mexico and return the USA! I would love to use him in the USA, maybe he can be that big name that defects to DAVE to try to help it rise back from their battle with MAW. Either Art Reed should go to SWF and team with Sam Keith or Sam Keith should go to Dave and team with Art Reed! Could you imagine a double proton lock? Is there any way at all to simulate the National draft that goes on in Mexico? That would be super cool. I think the character Evil Spirit should catch on somewhere, I forgot the kids real name but I think with this character he really has something special. I've used him in 07 but I think in 08 he could be on the rise some where. Darryl Devine and mainstream Hernandez should be lowercard fighters in TCW who are making a name for themselves by battling each other. The kid who sold HGC, I can't think of his name right now, is drawn back in to the business and buys a small promotion and gives it a huge financial backing or buys a new promotion, also buying his own television stating giving it a lifetime deal (hopefully a new type of contract you can have). SWF uses The Guru to get some of their lesser talent over, he's golden! Playboy Jake Sawyer is the number one manager in the business and has a stable of playboys and playmates, in whatever promotion he is in. Angry Gilmore upset that he is still in the tag team division leaves and goes to Canada, or even to Mexico. IF he goes to Mexico he should wrestle as Jose Sexay.

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;352111]I think if Dave stays around it should be in a small time battle with someone like MAW to be the number 4 promotion in the USA after SWF, TCW and then USPW. I think besides Guide and Scout that USPW is going to get a bunch of older guys from Japan through their World champion and foreign embassador Bruce The Giant. This will also give them a few working agreements with promotions from the island. Older guys from TCW and SWF should also come to USPW looking for a place to end their careers. I can see Jumbo Jackson coming in and becoming a huge face battling against the number one/2 heel in USPW Giant Redwood or T-Rex. I also think that to add to their awesome tag team division of The Demons the Warlords, Guide and Scout that either both of the one of Vessey brothers should come join if only one they should team with Cameron. I can see USPW having good solid under card matches with the womans division and then using their star power at the top of the card to give the fans what they really wanna see. Bulldozer Brandon I wish would be in USPW but he's too good. I can see him in development for one of the big promotions weather in Japan or the USA it doesn't mattar. Pablo should lose his book in Mexico and return the USA! I would love to use him in the USA, maybe he can be that big name that defects to DAVE to try to help it rise back from their battle with MAW. Either Art Reed should go to SWF and team with Sam Keith or Sam Keith should go to Dave and team with Art Reed! Could you imagine a double proton lock? Is there any way at all to simulate the National draft that goes on in Mexico? That would be super cool. I think the character Evil Spirit should catch on somewhere, I forgot the kids real name but I think with this character he really has something special. I've used him in 07 but I think in 08 he could be on the rise some where. Darryl Devine and mainstream Hernandez should be lowercard fighters in TCW who are making a name for themselves by battling each other. [B]The kid who sold HGC, I can't think of his name right now, is drawn back in to the business and buys a small promotion and gives it a huge financial backing or buys a new promotion, also buying his own television stating giving it a lifetime deal (hopefully a new type of contract you can have).[/B] SWF uses The Guru to get some of their lesser talent over, he's golden! Playboy Jake Sawyer is the number one manager in the business and has a stable of playboys and playmates, in whatever promotion he is in. Angry Gilmore upset that he is still in the tag team division leaves and goes to Canada, or even to Mexico. IF he goes to Mexico he should wrestle as Jose Sexay.[/QUOTE] He turns up in WMMA.. J.K Stallings you mean.. Debuts 2004 just after he sells HGC

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;352111]I think if Dave stays around it should be in a small time battle with someone like MAW to be the number 4 promotion in the USA after SWF, TCW and then USPW. [/QUOTE] Good luck to MAW then. They're pretty far behind right now. :D As for the UK, playing as ROF is fun and kind of challenging as well. It's one of the harder plays in TEW imo since they have so little ca$h. Funny thing is I turned out to rule Europe alone in 2009 (v1.0 or v1.1 of the game), as all other promotions pretty much died. Now thàt's a talent pool for ya. Yay for ROF! :)

idea How about as Enygma's contract finishes, fed up with the way he has been overlooked behind other names on the roster, decides not to renew his SWF contract and instead shocks the world by appearing on DaVE with a shoot-promo revealing the true politics that seem to be going on in SWF. What the promo revealed was that people that have poured all their effort into SWF are getting overlooked for guys who are considered flavour-of-the-months, people who are coming in straight from RIPW such as Nevada Nuclear are getting pushed way ahead of the hard-workers of the roster purely because of their looks. What this reveals is that all is not well and people lower down the card with long experience within SWF or with talent but lack of personality as well as Angry Gilmore would be annoyed and have low morale. The team of Sexual Aggression (Joe and Gilmore) would end up having hatred for each other as Joe Sexy decides to embrace the idea of the singles push leaving behind Gilmore despite the fact he was the one carrying them to great matches. Basically it could be an internal war within SWF with older and talented guys having hatred for the over-pushed guys and RIPW graduates. Despite being overlooked by SWF, Enygma's departure ends up sending shockwaves through the industry and a potential walkout from various SWF wrestlers.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;351964]McFly needs to stay in NOTBPW. He doesn't have the mic skills and such to be a viable asset to the big promotions. He's a "wrestler" fit for a "wrestling" promotion. He's also too old for the other promotions. Places like TCW and SWF should be bringing in young talent, not older talent. And besides, if you look at it from a Cornellverse point of view, it's something that McFly wants. If he didn't, he'd be with the promotions in question.[/QUOTE] I agree. Besides, NOTBPW winds up ruling the wrestling world anyway so McFly would be the biggest star in the world if he stays put. Personally, I'd like to see someone like Preston Holt turn QAW into a bonafide power, making AAA look like just what it is: stuck in a previous era due to its staid owner. 5SSW should be Cult sized, propelled by the new feud: Sensational Ogiwara vs DEVIL Karube. Their secondary feud should be Thunder Hike vs a newly signed upstart in Shiori Jippensha (old school technician vs new school technician). TCW should supplant SWF as the US's top promotion, driven upward by the defections of Angry Gilmore, Jack Bruce, Remo, and Marc DuBois. One of the Japanese promotions should break through the glass ceiling and hit International after establishing a beach head somewhere (South West US or something). Alicia Strong and Joanne Rodriguez should be putting on MOTY candidate matches, feuding on two continents (US and Japan). Melody Cuthill, dismayed at the Jesus push Jana Marie Bowen has gotten, should defect from NOTBPW to AAA, where she headlines while feuding with Wanda Fish. BSC should be Regional, after establishing themselves as a top attraction at the United States' top entertainment destination. 4C should experience some kind of event that makes them as popular in TEW08 as CZCW has been in 07. I dunno whether that means a change in product or roster or what, but something needs to happen to shake things up there. Kinuye Mushashibo and Chitose Ariwara should be the top babyface midcard tag team, since Kiko Sakakibara is bound to be a main eventer (thus splitting The Rainbow Girls). Someone in 5SSW's midcard (maybe Yuma Maruya) should've become available to work in the US and should be in AAA feuding with a heel Missy Masterson. Steph Blake should be working AAA and UCR or the women's division of 21CW, if applicable. I don't much care about SWF since I believe TCW should've easily overtaken them, given their roster and product (not to mention their figurehead, who can actually, oh I dunno, wrestle).

What if CGC picked up Enygma, Liberty, and Cliff Wilson? That would give CGC a fighting chance against NOTBPW. They could have everyone on written deals and thise I think would give them the ability to compete with the Stones for a little bit. Or instead of Liberty maybe Nemesis to come in and work with the Elite. Give them the true leadership they need.

I've always thought the C-Verse data was to liberal with the Lifetime contracts.. All the Stone and DeColt kids being on written contracts keeps us from so many cool opportunities to shakea up the world. If you give guys like that loyalty or blood relative relationships, and the fed is big enough chances are those guys will stick around, but if the fed is suffering (CGC anyone) its sort of strange seeing all these uber talented DeColt's fighting it out in a dying regional fed. Hate to use the "eeeeevil" real world comparison method, but look at the Hart's.. obviously they're loyal to Stampede, but when oppertunity beckoned and the chance to join a major fed came calling, they took it. I say lifetime contracts should be reserved for owners, bookers, and special case talent.. not everyone related to the owner, that's just silly, IMO. I mean, how cool would it be to, after months of trying, sign away Duane Stone of Ricky DeColt playing as TCW of WLW? Just an idea.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;353557]Hate to use the "eeeeevil" real world comparison method, but look at the Hart's.. obviously they're loyal to Stampede, but when oppertunity beckoned and the chance to join a major fed came calling, they took it.[/QUOTE] Actually they all left for big time feds because a big time fed bought the promotion out. None of the Hart boys and extended family (Davey Boy, Anvil, Dynamite, etc) wrestling in Stampede left untill Vince bought Stampede. Not to say they wouldn't have eventually left Stampede.

[QUOTE=UWFSteele;352528]How about as Enygma's contract finishes, fed up with the way he has been overlooked behind other names on the roster, decides not to renew his SWF contract and instead shocks the world by appearing on DaVE with a shoot-promo revealing the true politics that seem to be going on in SWF. What the promo revealed was that people that have poured all their effort into SWF are getting overlooked for guys who are considered flavour-of-the-months, people who are coming in straight from RIPW such as Nevada Nuclear are getting pushed way ahead of the hard-workers of the roster purely because of their looks.[/QUOTE] This would work a lot better if Enygma wasn't a flavor-of-the-month who got pushed over the promotion's hard workers purely because of his looks. The idea has some legs, though. Maybe replace "Enygma" with "Joe Sexy," "Angry Gilmore," or even "Sam Keith" and you've got something.

And the problem with that is that Joe Sexy would have no right to call anyone untalented and the fact that Sam Keith would have been the one pushing those flavor of the months. Angry Gilmore though, that would work. I'd think Gilmore would fit in real nice as a top star in DAVE.

Here are a few ideas for the smaller feds. [B]RIPW[/B] Under Professor Nero's leadership the promotion becomes huge. Getting up to regional status and in a huge public fiasco gets out from underneath SWF, ending the developmental relationship. Meanwhile the other big two North American promotions, seeing how successful RIPW was (before the big split) they both start their own developmental federations. [B]California Pro Wrestling[/B] [*][B]With help and backing from Tommy Cornell and TCW, Preston Holt is able to re-open CPW wrestling. Signing upcoming new stars like California Love Machine, but also signing several luchadores from Mexico, including Sufeador Californiano (redubed California Surfer), Velocidad (redubed Velocity) and even stealing Rebelde Loco (redubed Crazy Rebel) from MPWF resulting in a rather unique blend of modern American wrestling and action packed lucahdore. [B]British Columbia Wrestling[/B] NOTBPW honors all that Alysian Scottsfield has done for the promotion by handing over the reigns to the start up development promotion to him. Alysian starts by hiring Canadian indies like Biff the Bruiser, Bob Casey, Cal Sanders, Weird Waldo Odlaw, and Thomas Morgan. He creates a promotion that is a bit more hardcore/brawling oriented then typical NOTBPW fair, and as a result NOTPBW fan's aren't fans of BCW's more Sport Entertainment/Hardcore approach, causing the promotion to flounder. [B]Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation[/B] Heidi Brookes uses her influence to start up a direct competition to AAA and NOTBPW Women's Division. She hires Eve Grunge and April Appleseed who are independent, but also raids both NOTBPW and AAA rosters, using her influence to procure up-and-comer Golden Delicious and Jessica Bunny from AAA, and Stephanie Hazel from NOTBPW Here's a list of all the new workers and where they'll go. [LIST] [*] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] - Quickly snatched by NOTBPW to a written deal and quickly wins the Women's Division belt. [*] [B]Amber Allen[/B] - She follows her mentor to the new CWWF [*] [B]Ash Campbell [/B]- Free agent after having a huge fight with his father and refusing to join DAVE. [*] [B]Ashley Grover [/B]- AAA hires her to replace workers lost by CWWF [*][B] Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/B] - After a big media fight between SWF and TCW, Brandon decides to join SWF after they secretly promise him a title run. He shocks the world on his debut when he beats Runaway Train for the title (this was also prompted as Runaway Train retires). While Bulldozer is competent and becomes popular, he doesn't gain popularity quick enough and Christian Faith takes the title off of him 2 months later before handing the title off to Eric Eisen who is the current SWF Champion. [*] [B]Bussho Makiguchi [/B]- follows in his mentor's footsteps by getting hired on PGHW track. Currently a SAISHO main eventer [*] [B]Cameron Vessey[/B] - PGHW was so happy about Carmeron's father and uncle that they make SAISHO pick up Cameron, and by now he's the main event and title holder. Cameron is just about ready to be brought up into PGHW's full roster. [*] [B]Carlos Gonzalez [/B]- hired on by the dying DAVE and gets lost in the mid-card. [*][B] Casey Valentine[/B] - After a brief stint with MAW, Casey decides to go out on the open market becoming a free agent. [*] [B]Chojiro Kitoaji[/B] - fast-tracked into PGHW mid-card. This upsets a lot of the midcard that he is being pushed although he is still a "young lion" and this results in several mid-carders leaving PGHW. [*] [B]Daredevil Aero[/B] - Hired by CPW to help them achieve their "luchadore-esque" feel [*] [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] - Hired by BCW and jobbed for awhile as Alysian is very adamant that every young person "puts in their time." Unhappy with this, he leaves BCW and gets hired by RIPW instead. [*] [B]El Fuerza [/B]- follows Champagne Lover into SOTBPW [*] [B]El Hijo Del Zonk[/B] - OLLIE [*] [B]El Hijo Espada Roja[/B] - Snatched up by recently expanded MPWF [*] [B]Etsuko Arihyoshi[/B] - while 5SSW signed her to a PPA, CWWF also gets her on a PPA causing the poor young girl to constantly transport back and forth across the ocean for the two feds. [*] [B]Extreme Deluxe[/B] - Hired by CZCW who were looking for a nice young spot monkey. Unfortunately Extreme Deluxe wasn't satisfied being in the lower midcards and left after four months, becoming a free agent. [*] [B]Fearless Blue[/B] - Also hired by CZCW. Unlike Extreme Deluxe Fearless Blue thrived in the CZCW setting, becoming a decent midcarder [*] [B]Gargantuan[/B] - Snatched up by BHOTWG as a "New Dread" to combat PGHW's rising popularity. [*] [B]Gino Montero[/B] - follows in father's footsteps [*] [B]Harlem Haynes[/B] - R.K Hayes pulls a few strings to get Harlem into a good position in BCW. Alysian doesn't appreciate young upstarts and so jobs Harlem down to the lower midcards. Irritated by the lack of appreciation, both R.K Hayes and Harlem Haynes defect and go over to CGC. [*] [B]Jaime Quinn[/B] - AAA uses Jaime's sister, Catherine to influence the young women to sign on to help replace the workers CWWF stole away. [*] [B]Jay Chord [/B]- Hired by MAW. Joins with Randy Maxx to win newly created MAW Tag Team Title. [*] [B]Kanishoki[/B] - Picked up by GCG in the wake of Tana the Mighty. Unlike Tana, GCG actually keeps Kanishoki. [*] [B]King Kong Kennedy[/B] - Picked up by USPW [*] [B]Kristen Pearce[/B] - Is signed by newly arrived CPW as colour commentator. [*] [B]La Sombra Jr.[/B] - Free agent [*] [B]Mabuchi Furusawa[/B] - signed by GCG [*] [B]Nathaniel Ca$ino [/B]- signs on with local startup CPW [*] [B]Ox Kreviazuk [/B]- Hired by USPW due to Strong's friendship with Dread. [*] [B]Primus Allen[/B] - free agent [*] [B]Seiji Jimbo[/B] - Briefly hired by SAISHO to be developed, but Seiji quickly proved himself able and PGHW brought him up after only a month. [*] [B]Super Sonic[/B] - Picked up north of the border under 4C. The Redneck gimmick has gone over only moderately so he is still stuck in the opening acts. [*] [B]Ultra Atlantis[/B] - signed by MPWF [*] [B]Ultra Spark Jr[/B] - hired by CPW after being unable to find work in Mexico due to the reputation of his father. [*][B] Xavier Reckless[/B] - picked up by RIPW and currently being jobbed around. [/LIST] Promotion Size Changes: [LIST] [*][B]BHOTWG:[/B] National -> Cult (given their roster and who they're pushing, they will continue to decline) [*][B]BSC:[/B] Small -> Local as lack in popularity drives them down and down [*][B]DAVE:[/B] Cult -> Regional [*][B]MAW:[/B] Local -> Small [*][B]MPWF:[/B] Regional -> Cult - With a recent surge of talent to bolster their already talented roster they seize #1 position in Mexico. [*][B]NOTBPW:[/B] National -> International (suddenly NOTBPW rises up to rival SWF for largest fed in the world) [*][B]NYCW:[/B] Bankrupt [*][B]RIPW:[/B] Local -> Regional [*][B]SAISHO:[/B] Local -> Small [*][B]USPW:[/B] Regional -> Cult [*][B]WEXXV:[/B] Bankrupt [/LIST] Meanwhile in other news, The Stomper retires and without his popularity in the ring NYCW finally plummets and goes out of business. USPW, having risen to Cult status under Sam Strong's guidance buys out most of the roster, while the other workers drift around to other organizations. Overseas WEXXV finally closes shop releasing a surge of talentless brawlers into the Japan scene. A few get hired here and but most remain unemployed. Because of the huge surge in Japanese unemployed workers, many of the unemployed workers head elsewhere, with the majority heading to Europe or Mexico.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;353557] All the Stone and DeColt kids being on written contracts keeps us from so many cool opportunities to shakea up the world. If you give guys like that loyalty or blood relative relationships, and the fed is big enough chances are those guys will stick around, but if the fed is suffering (CGC anyone) its sort of strange seeing all these uber talented DeColt's fighting it out in a dying regional fed. [/QUOTE] Stampede Wrestling? World Class Championship Wrestling? Any of those names sound familiar? That's pretty much what the kids from those families did. They left when the fed was pretty much extinct. In all honesty. I'd rather see CGC close doors. Realizing that trying win over Canada is a losing battle. CGC closes, and the Stones welcome the additions of the DeColt family with several firings from their own roster to supplement. If Enygma is going to leave, he should leave for USPW. I can already see him and Bruce the Giant having excellent chemistry.. :)

[QUOTE=praguepride;353665]What if CGC gets a huge boost from an unexpected source? Like an unhappy Edd Stone defecting over to NOTBPW's chief rival?[/QUOTE] "Mr. Free Spirit" who is always late? It wouldn't be good for the compny. And Mr. Stone is always miserable. Might as well let him be miserable with his own family.. :p

Archived