[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;353661]Stampede Wrestling? World Class Championship Wrestling? Any of those names sound familiar? That's pretty much what the kids from those families did. They left when the fed was pretty much extinct. In all honesty. I'd rather see CGC close doors. Realizing that trying win over Canada is a losing battle. CGC closes, and the Stones welcome the additions of the DeColt family with several firings from their own roster to supplement. If Enygma is going to leave, he should leave for USPW. I can already see him and Bruce the Giant having excellent chemistry.. :)[/QUOTE] Indeed they do ring a bell, but (and I've tested this) just putting them (them being the DeColt's and the Stone's) on written contacts and them having the blood relationship to the owner, they stuck around without the need for lifetime contracts. And, as you said, once the fed fell to like regional or what not (which CGC did in my game) Steve and Jack both left for greener pastures, and even then Alex and Ricky were turning down offers from bigger feds left and right. Putting ALL those great workers on lifetime contracts is needlessly avoiding a really cool game dynamic (actual AI controlled loyalty to a promotion)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Clarity;352136]He turns up in WMMA.. J.K Stallings you mean.. Debuts 2004 just after he sells HGC[/QUOTE] If he's a fighter - still haven't got around to buying WMMMA yet - then Adam is riffing on Pete the tycoon from Friends... * If PvE is right, then making these contract changes for the families could be cool. Maybe keep one or two on Lifetime deals, because someone could easily be said to never want to leave, but seeing the big guns out in the wider world could be cool. * praguepride comes up with some interesting possibilities, but if Primus Allen is a free agent, I'll be shocked - he seems ideal for DaVE or even SWF/RIPW. I desperately want Jay Chord to join MAW - he's never come close to us in my game, and with Rip having passed on, he's not liekly to for a while.

[quote=James Casey;354040]If he's a fighter - still haven't got around to buying WMMMA yet - then Adam is riffing on Pete the tycoon from Friends... * If PvE is right, then making these contract changes for the families could be cool. Maybe keep one or two on Lifetime deals, because someone could easily be said to never want to leave, but seeing the big guns out in the wider world could be cool. * praguepride comes up with some interesting possibilities, but if Primus Allen is a free agent, I'll be shocked - he seems ideal for DaVE or even SWF/RIPW. I desperately want Jay Chord to join MAW - he's never come close to us in my game, and with Rip having passed on, he's not liekly to for a while.[/quote] Stallings as a fighter would be fun, but he's just an investor.

Oh, I forgot to mention who I thought would die. My vote is Dan Stone Sr. but then NOTBPW would need a new 'Dan Stone Memorial Tournament.' I don't think it's going to be Rip Chord, it's much more fun to have him around as long as possible. I also don't think it will be Sam Strong or Tommy Cornell. In fact, I think it will be a big shakeup in the Far East. Here are my thoughts: Richard Eisen bites it in a car accident. or Sadahuru Jimbo (owner of PGHW) dies of natural causes. or Hanshiro Furusawa (owner of GCG) dies of natural causes. As part of his will, the promotion gets transferred to Kazu Yoshizawa who although lacks the business sense quickly turns GCG around from a dying giant to a rising star again. Within just 9 months GCG has risen to Cult level in Japan, hiring a bunch of stars and stealing talent from INSPIRE and BHOTWG.

Having Richard Eisen kick the bucket had having an on air (and behind the scenes) power struggle between Eric and Jerry would be awesome. Have Eric be all about sports entertainment and pushing the big muscle head hoss' and have Jerry emerge as a great booker and want to push the guys like Sam Keith and Tom Gilmore, maybe ever utilize the brand split functionality of the game. Could be a cool little addition to gameplay.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;353982]Indeed they do ring a bell, but (and I've tested this) just putting them (them being the DeColt's and the Stone's) on written contacts and them having the blood relationship to the owner, they stuck around without the need for lifetime contracts. And, as you said, once the fed fell to like regional or what not (which CGC did in my game) Steve and Jack both left for greener pastures, and even then Alex and Ricky were turning down offers from bigger feds left and right. Putting ALL those great workers on lifetime contracts is needlessly avoiding a really cool game dynamic (actual AI controlled loyalty to a promotion)[/QUOTE] Personally, I wouldn't mind if ONE DeColt or ONE Stone, essentially the chosen one of the patriarch was kept on the lifetime contract while the rest went to written. I don't see the reason for so many to be wrapped up. If Alex DeColt and Dan Stone (and *maybe* Victoria Stone) enjoyed lifetime contracts it would freshen up the 'family business' in Canada.

[QUOTE=Beeker;354806]Personally, I wouldn't mind if ONE DeColt or ONE Stone, essentially the chosen one of the patriarch was kept on the lifetime contract while the rest went to written. I don't see the reason for so many to be wrapped up. If Alex DeColt and Dan Stone (and *maybe* Victoria Stone) enjoyed lifetime contracts it would freshen up the 'family business' in Canada.[/QUOTE] Agreed, I mean, how many people running a Burning Hammer game wouldn't love to bring in Duane Stone on a written deal? Or someone running an SWF or TCW game didn't look at Jack or Steve DeColt and think.. *woot* the possibilities.

Guest Bolton
I got another idea, this one's for DAVE... Jack Giedroyc becomes "The Wrath of God" and is just about to win the Unifed title, thus becoming one of the most-sought after foriegn workers in the US. But when SWF and TCW offer him lucturative contracts, he refuses to sign (and do what Phil Vibert called "doing a Kurt Laramee"). It turns out the reason he stays loyal to DAVE is that he figuries that he'll just be made to make the SWF and TCW guys look better then him. (Also they would censor his "Wrath of God" character) This gains him huge respect in DAVE, as Big Cat Brandon and several of the younger DAVE top-carders are looking to leave for SWF or TCW.

Rip Chord dying seems likely, simply because I think he's died in every game file I've ever played over 6 months. Also, we can throw Sessue Kawate in there as well. I figure that WEXXV will close down, and maybe move some of the workers onto a new sports entertainment promotion? I think a SE promotion in Japan would be great, with maybe a few new workers to fill out the roster a bit. I also second the opinion that Furusawa will get bounced out of GCG and they will, in turn, become a factor in Japan. Also, I can see something opening up in the US, maybe more of an ROH type promotion? North America really lacks something along the lines of a strong indy promotion that fills that niche. I mean they already have a cruiserweight (CZCW), a hardcore (DAVE), and a traditional indy (USPW), why not a pure wrestling one? But then, that could just be because I don't have a Japanese style fed to play as in America. :-P

[QUOTE=hrdcoresidebrns;355712]Also, I can see something opening up in the US, maybe more of an ROH type promotion? North America really lacks something along the lines of a strong indy promotion that fills that niche. I mean they already have a cruiserweight (CZCW), a hardcore (DAVE), and a traditional indy (USPW), why not a pure wrestling one? But then, that could just be because I don't have a Japanese style fed to play as in America. :-P[/QUOTE] Say hello to my little friend......PWMax (out of the new fed file and into the current one):D

[QUOTE=hrdcoresidebrns;355712] Also, I can see something opening up in the US, maybe more of an ROH type promotion? North America really lacks something along the lines of a strong indy promotion that fills that niche. I mean they already have a cruiserweight (CZCW), a hardcore (DAVE), and a traditional indy (USPW), why not a pure wrestling one? But then, that could just be because I don't have a Japanese style fed to play as in America. :-P[/QUOTE] I have the perfect answer to the dilemma. I know I've mentioned part of it before. NYCW. With what their project is at the moment and the roster they have, this could be a good survival plan for them. So what happens is that The Stomper either dies or retires. Either he or his heir sells the promotion to an Americanized Japanese investor. Someone like a Fumohiro Ota or the father/uncle thereof. The new owner takes a look at the NYCW and its typical startup roster and decides to go more pure like a RoH. This would honor Stomper's prior vision of the company while updating it at the same time. All while filling a niche in the US market in an realistically accurate part of the country.

My money is still on that a promotion is due to close up shop, and NYCW is high on the chopping block, imo. The best thing for them would be if something like cappyboy suggested occurs but I think they'll need a new name and a new logo. I hope they go belly up though. USPW when it goes cult can hire up their older talent while the younger talent will drift to various feds. Ha ha, that's right. NYCW talent is an oxymoron :D

[quote=Blackman;356929]All right, let the speculation on the reworked C-Verse area begin. :D I'm shooting for Europe, since it can use an overhaul, or 'some' attention at least. :rolleyes: TEW07 saw an overhaul in the UK, I think the EU is next.[/quote] Oh god, I hope. Europe has so much potental.

Yeah, NA, UK and Japan have all seen big changes (USPW rising, 21CW revamping, INSPIRE stealing BHOTWG talent) so I think the only logical place that's left is the underutilized Europe scene. Maybe a rival opens up, some kind of quasi-Soviet Iron Curtain style that gives UCR a run for it's limited money.

[QUOTE=praguepride;356001]My money is still on that a promotion is due to close up shop, and NYCW is high on the chopping block, imo. The best thing for them would be if something like cappyboy suggested occurs but I think they'll need a new name and a new logo. I hope they go belly up though. USPW when it goes cult can hire up their older talent while the younger talent will drift to various feds. Ha ha, that's right. NYCW talent is an oxymoron :D[/QUOTE] Jeez, why all the hate on my favorite promotion? :mad: :p They have a perfect niche as a place where old school traditional wrestlers can go to either end or rebuild their career. Stomper isn't even the original owner as far as I know, as according to it's history, it was opened in 1988 , and even if he died, there is always someone like a Black Hat Bailey, a Robert Oxford, Sam Keith or Whistler who could slot right in as an Owner and be right at home.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;357053]Jeez, why all the hate on my favorite promotion? :mad: :p They have a perfect niche as a place where old school traditional wrestlers can go to either end or rebuild their career. Stomper isn't even the original owner as far as I know, as according to it's history, it was opened in 1988 , and even if he died, there is always someone like a Black Hat Bailey, a Robert Oxford, Sam Keith or Whistler who could slot right in as an Owner and be right at home.[/QUOTE] I say Steve Flash takes over if Stomper kicks it.

[QUOTE=praguepride;357266]Sorry Dragonmack, but the problem with NYCW is that USPW is basically providing the same thing but only with bigger, better stars. Once NYCW's few stars start retiring in droves there will be nobody left to put into the ring.[/QUOTE] Not really as USPW is more like 80's WWF with all the over the top cartoon characters whereas NYCW is really more like NWA back in the Harley Race era where it is more about the wrestlers and the ring and less about the gimmicks. And as there will always be wrestlers getting old or getting pushed out by younger stars, NYCW should always have a steady supply of recycles to use.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;357294]Not really as USPW is more like 80's WWF with all the over the top cartoon characters whereas NYCW is really more like NWA back in the Harley Race era where it is more about the wrestlers and the ring and less about the gimmicks. And as there will always be wrestlers getting old or getting pushed out by younger stars, NYCW should always have a steady supply of recycles to use.[/QUOTE] I'll take your word for it, I was just comparing the two products: NYCW: Key - Traditional Medium - Mainstream & Realism USPW: Key - Mainstream Heavy - Traditional Medium - Comedy So by looking at the two it seems the comedy factor is the biggest difference. But with USPW on the rise and TCW continuing to thrive, the "Real Wrestler" and "Traditional Wrestling" markets are pretty crowded.

I would love to see CZCW continue to rise. They are one of the only companies that really pushes the whole "Modern" style in the US (Other than DAVE). If it is classified as a "modern" style then most likely the "modern" audience would love to see some variety instead of the same heavyweight and superheavyweights dragging their feet in the ring. It would be cool to see CZCW climb up in popularity as they offer an alternative product. Maybe see some smaller workers from other various promotions jump ship due to the fact that they could open up there style a lot more. Maybe some former CZCW stand-outs who are now with different companies could go back as well seeing how they can see the company growing again. Also, maybe update their logo to something more new-age like.

Archived