Journal discussion thread

This non-wrestler thing is pretty cool. I want to build up some managers to almost iconic status, like some of the true non-wrestling greats of the sport - Bobby Heenan, Jim Cornette, Jimmy Hart, Gary Hart, The Grand Wizard Of Wrestling, and the list goes on. I like the new Race feature as well, as controversial as it seems to be. I'm sure it'll help make things interesting in 2008. :cool:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Adam. As much as I've harped on this particular area since the destruction of looks based angles (which were the best way to develop non-wrestlers in 05, by and large), it's great to see that consideration for these members of the roster has been given. I use them lots (try having a Japanese worker do a promo in America) so it'll definitely help stop the bleeding of popularity that occurs when these workers are used. Plus, it always seemed kinda exploity to have to use one main eventer to interview another main eventer about their match with a third main eventer.

[QUOTE=Remianen;404514] Plus, it always seemed kinda exploity to have to use one main eventer to interview another main eventer about their match with a third main eventer.[/QUOTE] Uhm... do you mind posting a spoiler alert next time you ruin MY shows!? ...Honestly... the nerve of some people...

I like this one a lot. I was always frustrated using the DOTT mod and having Cornette and the Midnight Express' interview segments always take a hit because of Cornette's low overness. His amazing entertainment skills never seemed to overcompensate.

[QUOTE=Remianen;404514]Thanks Adam. As much as I've harped on this particular area since the [B]destruction of looks based angles ([/B]which were the best way to develop non-wrestlers in 05, by and large), it's great to see that consideration for these members of the roster has been given. I use them lots (try having a Japanese worker do a promo in America) so it'll definitely help stop the bleeding of popularity that occurs when these workers are used. Plus, it always seemed kinda exploity to have to use one main eventer to interview another main eventer about their match with a third main eventer.[/QUOTE] I wish those were back. The looks that is. Very happy with this though.

Some thoughts. I love the "stables momentum". It gives an aditional strategic level to the game, and a realistic one. It makes the stables meaningful, but it also is a two edged-sword. You can use the stables to push up some workers, but it can bomb some of your best workers. A nice trade-off. I think that Adam should do something with the momentum. At least for me it should be the most important statistic in this game (as it is in the real world). I love the momentum in TEW07 but, with everything else improving, I think it has to be upgraded too... but I don't have any advice of how....:D :D :D My last thought is a sort of advice. TEW08, at least for me, has a lot of upgrades from 07. Of course it is good, but I expect that some thing will have to be polished with the game out. I respect the Adam's work as much as any of you, but my experience tells me that the more new things are the more bugs it will be and more things to be balanced. Of course I believe Adam will solve this things, but we have to give the game a time ... to mature. My 2 cents

Just one thing about Stable momentum. How is starting meomentum decided? Does it start at Zero like Tag Team experience, "No Value" like worker momentum and then change based on the first segment with them in, or does it take a weighted average of its members? I'm just concerned that making a stable with guys who have A* momentum but the stable starts at F- would leave everyone around a C+ (since the workers momentum drops), which wouldn't be an ideal outcome at all. Maybe I'm thinking wrong here, but I'd hate for it to be the case.

Awesome new feature today with stable momentum. Just a little nit picky thing, would it be difficult to insert individual cultures into the game for race? Ex. Instead of Asian it'd be (Japanese, Chinese, Cantonese, Filipino, etc) I'm just a little picky lol

[QUOTE=thedraem41;404989]Awesome new feature today with stable momentum. Just a little nit picky thing, would it be difficult to insert individual cultures into the game for race? Ex. Instead of Asian it'd be (Japanese, Chinese, Cantonese, Filipino, etc) I'm just a little picky lol[/QUOTE] Not just a little. Come on! Cantonese... :confused: You have your opinions and I have mine and thats okay. IMO the race system seems proper. The new stable feature is just simply awesome! Now the stables really mean something, and the execution appers to be good.

[QUOTE=thedraem41;404989]Just a little nit picky thing, would it be difficult to insert individual cultures into the game for race? Ex. Instead of Asian it'd be (Japanese, Chinese, Cantonese, Filipino, etc)[/QUOTE] If there was an in-game purpose that would make it worth the effort, perhaps. If a Cantanese dude can play every gimmick a Chinese guy can, then it doesn't apply in this instance.

[QUOTE=Redwar;404994]With stables being taken more seriously. Are we going to have a return of stable angles? I loved those in EWR.[/QUOTE] With more options, I'm sure the Modder's will compensate in some way. I would imagine the C-Verse without question will be getting a couple more, but in general, the Modder's (People that play make most the mods outside of the C-Verse) make the storylines and such, as can you or me:) With this feature added, kind of makes me wonder what will be different with Tag Teams.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;404996]With this feature added, kind of makes me wonder what will be different with Tag Teams.[/QUOTE] I was wondering the same thing after I read the latest feature. Damn this game is going to be great! :cool:

Not to stir up the pot on race now that it has quieted down, but how would you handle someone like Yokozuna, a Samoan wrestler portraying what is basically an Asian sumo gimmick or Rikishi when he was the Sultan, another Samoan wrestler portraying a Middle Eastern gimmick? :confused:

[QUOTE=Wildfire1324;405023]Not to stir up the pot on race now that it has quieted down, but how would you handle someone like Yokozuna, a Samoan wrestler portraying what is basically an Asian sumo gimmick or Rikishi when he was the Sultan, another Samoan wrestler portraying a Middle Eastern gimmick? :confused:[/QUOTE] People are really over-thinking this. You want a Samoan to portray an Sumo gimmick then either make the default Sumo gimmick available to Samoans or create a new custom gimmick just for him. That's it. It's really not that difficult!

[QUOTE=Wildfire1324;405023]Not to stir up the pot on race now that it has quieted down, but how would you handle someone like Yokozuna, a Samoan wrestler portraying what is basically an Asian sumo gimmick or Rikishi when he was the Sultan, another Samoan wrestler portraying a Middle Eastern gimmick? :confused:[/QUOTE] I'm assuming the Sumo gimmick would be suitable for Asian and Pacific Islanders, and the Sultan gimmick would be available for Middle Easterners and Pacific Islanders... maybe White guys could do those too... maybe. I don't think Gimmicks can only be played by one race, there are just races that [B]can't [/B]play it. Or I'm wrong. See above.

[QUOTE=The Bus;405022]I was wondering the same thing after I read the latest feature. Damn this game is going to be great! :cool:[/QUOTE] I did too. Tag Team Momentum can't be too far behind. Yes, this game is going to be fantastic.

Archived