Journal discussion thread

[QUOTE]This should allow most real world situations to be correctly simulated. For example, you're unlikely to ever be able to sign Shane McMahon from the WWE unless they have a disastrous fall, but in a historical mod you may well be able to sign Bret Hart from Stampede to the WWF due to the size difference between the promotions.[/QUOTE] YES! This is good stuff. As long as things work out as indicated, and we don't see Bret leaving Stampede just to go work in Puerto Rico or something (Or Shane O' Mac leaving WWE to go work as a mid-carder in TNA), this should be a great addition!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Steve would be better suited for NOTBPW than Ricky. Edd never really fit in. Who else could you pair him with other than Dark Angel in terms of style? Unless you went out on a signing spree, NOTPBW has like nobody else. Why bother replacing him with another non heavyweight when I can expand my ME scene with Steve? Turn him heel, stick him with the Natural and Owen Love and throw them at the remaining Stone bothers. Bring McFly into the situation and you've got yourself a hefty stable war.

[quote=Michael Wayne;425242]I think Steve would be better suited for NOTBPW than Ricky. Edd never really fit in. Who else could you pair him with other than Dark Angel in terms of style? Unless you went out on a signing spree, NOTPBW has like nobody else. Why bother replacing him with another non heavyweight when I can expand my ME scene with Steve? Turn him heel, stick him with the Natural and Owen Love and throw them at the remaining Stone bothers. Bring McFly into the situation and you've got yourself a hefty stable war.[/quote] Well, Steve is more suited to NOTBPW, but Ricky is far more suited to SWF I feel. He comes in, can feud immediately with Eric Eisen, a good amount of the midcard and plays a mighty dynamic against someone like Steve Frehley or Remo.

I just realized that we only have 10 more journal entries to go. I find it's both sad (because checking it has become daily routine for me) and exciting (because it means that the finished product will soon be in our hands). Either way, nice update today. Nice to see development get a little, well, development! :D

Awesome! This was one of my least favourite features of TEW07, now 10 years into a game people like Burchill & Cabana wont still be tied down, curtain jerking monthly developmental shows (I think in reality that even if you had a developmental contract you'd quit if it seemed like WWE had no intention of calling you up after that long). One thing, does this mean they always get called up, or can they just get released? Or do they only get released after being called up and floundering?

New lifetime contract rules make a lot of sense -- the large promotions being able to hire formerly lifetime-contracted workers from small promotions, the "automatic" re-signing being based on owner-worker relationships... I mean, a lot of the time you have an ownership change, and then all the old owner's relatives and so forth are still on lifetime deals. That doesn't make sense... ...question is, how do you keep larger federations from hiring away promotion owners? Or do you? I mean, fortunately, most owners aren't much at wrestling... but let's say for the sake of argument that TCW wants to hire the Stomper. Are they automatically blocked from doing that because Stomper owns NYCW? Is it technically possible but really unlikely? Or what's the deal?

[QUOTE=Corey_Vandal;425417] One thing, does this mean they always get called up, or can they just get released? Or do they only get released after being called up and floundering?[/QUOTE] Yeah, I'd like to know this one as well.

[QUOTE=Oregano Jensen;425618]New lifetime contract rules make a lot of sense -- the large promotions being able to hire formerly lifetime-contracted workers from small promotions, the "automatic" re-signing being based on owner-worker relationships... I mean, a lot of the time you have an ownership change, and then all the old owner's relatives and so forth are still on lifetime deals. That doesn't make sense... ...question is, how do you keep larger federations from hiring away promotion owners? Or do you? I mean, fortunately, most owners aren't much at wrestling... but let's say for the sake of argument that TCW wants to hire the Stomper. Are they automatically blocked from doing that because Stomper owns NYCW? Is it technically possible but really unlikely? Or what's the deal?[/QUOTE] Great question. I too am curious about this.

My guess is that the system in place will continue, and that is that an owner will be willing to work for large, prestigious companies as long as it won't violate his contract with his own promotion. My guess is that most owners, like the Stomper will have exclusive written deals so he won't be able to be hired out, but many times newly created promotions would have workers working for other promotions take over the owner slot and become a PPA deal for their promotion. It was annoying because owners would follow the same priority system that other workers do, so they would no-show their own events to work at a larger promotion. I hope that is changed with the new personality matrix, whether loyalty will affect their decisions on who they should no-show for. I would like that area to be expanded instead of automatically no-showing smaller promotions maybe divide it up into percentages, like say maybe only showing up for 1 show out of every 4 conflicts or something.

[QUOTE=Oregano Jensen;425618]New lifetime contract rules make a lot of sense -- the large promotions being able to hire formerly lifetime-contracted workers from small promotions, the "automatic" re-signing being based on owner-worker relationships... I mean, a lot of the time you have an ownership change, and then all the old owner's relatives and so forth are still on lifetime deals. That doesn't make sense... ...question is, how do you keep larger federations from hiring away promotion owners? Or do you? I mean, fortunately, most owners aren't much at wrestling... but let's say for the sake of argument that TCW wants to hire the Stomper. Are they automatically blocked from doing that because Stomper owns NYCW? Is it technically possible but really unlikely? Or what's the deal?[/QUOTE] Well in real world terms, I guess; Paul Heyman - ECW He'd never leave for WCW as he hated Eric Bischoff, and he'd never go to WWE as he had a loyalty to ECW. Ted Turner - WCW Again, I think he'd have a loyalty to WCW, or maybe a dislike strong enough to not work for Vince McMahon. So I guess most owners have a loyalty to their promotions, after all its their money and their livelyhood they'd be throwing away to go join someone elses company. The only owners I could see leaving would be the owners of smaller promotions, that maybe are a bit greedy or maybe just always wanted to the chance to compete in the big leagues. But then, how many owners are active wrestlers these days?

Archived