Who's Funniest?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Funniest?

• Conan O'Brien
    • Stephen Colbert
    • Jon Stewart
    • They're all too good to pick...
    • None of them are funny to me...

[QUOTE=masterded;370593]Conan O'Brien in a not even close race. I like all 3 but Conan without writers for the last month or so has been some of the funniest TV in ages. It almost makes me sad that the writers strike is almost over.[/QUOTE] Yes. I thought the same thing. Ring Spin Saga... Rock Band... Turtle-Rocket Races... Hiding in his empty studio while tours go by... Mobile desk... And so on and so on! It's the best show on TV right now, possibly!

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;370594]Yes. I thought the same thing. Ring Spin Saga... Rock Band... Turtle-Rocket Races... Hiding in his empty studio while tours go by... Mobile desk... And so on and so on! It's the best show on TV right now, possibly![/QUOTE] So much of his show just seems epic. The episode with him singing Sabotage is still on my Tivo and I make anyone who hasn’t seen it watch it. Today I watched last nights episode and actually cheered when he finally broke the 41 second mark.

I used to watch Conan religiously as I found him funniest of all late night network tv talk show hosts. But I stopped when I realized once he finds a really funny joke, he says it over, and over, and over....... and over. Stewart.... well, I don't find him funny unless he has writers working for him. The last month has been brutal to watch and the highlights of his shows are always skits done by one of his castmates. Colbert is simply the winner here. Writers or not, he is fantasic and hilarious. He even makes the fact that he has no writers funny. "The word of the day is...... Pause..... .... And thats our word for the day. We'll see you after the break." The man is genius.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;370771]I pick Conan out of those, but really... I like David Letterman over all, lol.[/QUOTE] Yeah, but you are old. :p [QUOTE=G-Prime;371030]I honestly don't understand how your country can love Conan so much... I don't find him funny in the slightest... My vote goes to Colbert though, he's the funniest host on TV by a long shot.[/QUOTE] Your country is the one that has no idea what funny is. I mean look at the comedians from your country and show you guys call comedy they are not funny at all. :p (I have no idea where you are from)

[QUOTE=G-Prime;371030]I honestly don't understand how your country can love Conan so much... I don't find him funny in the slightest... My vote goes to Colbert though, he's the funniest host on TV by a long shot.[/QUOTE] He's a man of the people. He's kind of what I'd expect me or one of my friends to do if we had our own show. You shouldn't base your knowledge or opinion of him on his random skits. His humor is reactionary, not up front (the skits are often terrible and dumb, and often on purpose). It's not the joke that's funny as much of what comes of it. The random events that happen that become in-jokes and trends are the funny parts. If you'd watch him without his writers and see the random crap he does, you'd maybe see. It's hard to describe, and with prejudice you'd never have the will to wait for one of those nuggets of glory that is Conan.

[QUOTE=Self;371577]Who are these 12 people that don't find these guys funny? Can one of them post to explain it? My mind is boggled.[/QUOTE] My guess and I am not saying anything is wrong with them would be Conservative people. All 3 of the people listed are quite liberal though Conan shows it less. I mean really The Dally Show and The Colbert Report are shows that mostly just make fun of Republicans. Sure they have jokes directed at some Democrats but 90% of the time they are making fun of Republicans.

[QUOTE=Astil;371365]I pick Stewart. Better timing, IMHO.[/QUOTE] Yup. Conan just strikes me as fratboy humor and I don't like frat boys. He's along the lines of "Jackass" and I thought that movie/show was one of the stupidest concepts ever spewed out for public consumption.

[QUOTE=Remianen;371906]Yup. Conan just strikes me as fratboy humor and I don't like frat boys. He's along the lines of "Jackass" and I thought that movie/show was one of the stupidest concepts ever spewed out for public consumption.[/QUOTE] Really? To me he seems almost the completely opposite of frat boy. He has more of a geek type humor. The kind of guy who does improve and such in either Chicago, New York, or Canada. To be honest he kind of comes off like a theater geek.

[QUOTE=Remianen;371906]Yup. Conan just strikes me as fratboy humor and I don't like frat boys. He's along the lines of "Jackass" and I thought that movie/show was one of the stupidest concepts ever spewed out for public consumption.[/QUOTE] WHA??? Conan? Jackass? Jackass is random hooligans injuring themselves and each other while doing crazy and socially unacceptable things for the viewer's entertainment. Conan... Not even in the same sector of entertainment! I'm not saying one's better or worse, but you're comparing apples to various types of latex paint... No common ground... If you've only seen a few minutes of him, maybe you caught a weird moment or something... Was it one of his bizzare characters? Anyone want to back me up on this? :confused:

[QUOTE=masterded;371917]Really? To me he seems almost the completely opposite of frat boy. He has more of a geek type humor. The kind of guy who does improve and such in either Chicago, New York, or Canada. To be honest he kind of comes off like a theater geek.[/QUOTE] Yea, that's what I'd say. I guess he's kind of irreverent at times, but it's always purposely over the top. From experience, he's biggest with semi-intellectual high school geeks like... me, and my friends, for example!

Archived