Decisions: Ringside at Backlash > Moving Out?

ShadowedFlames

Here is the dilemma I find myself on the horns of. The WWE Backlash PPV is scheduled to be in Baltimore (30 minutes away from my home) in April. I'll be getting tax returns in a few days (Thursday, by all indications), but I've decided that, aside from a small cost for new tires for my vehicle, the rest I want to save for moving out of where I am now. On the flip side, it's a WWE PPV (not that says much anymore, but still....), I actually potentially have the money for a ringside seat, and Baltimore PPVs are few and far in between. The last live event I went to was a house show some 15 years ago. Tickets go on sale this Saturday (Feb. 16), so if I'm going to get the seat I want I need to act quick. So...now that you have my situation...what would you do in this case?

Unless you really love WWE, pass on that. Besides, it is Backlash, not usually that great an event. Better to improve your life than spend that much on a one shot that may not even be that great. Now if it were one of the big four, then maybe I could see it being worthwhile, but for Backlash, meh. Again, unless you really love WWE.

[QUOTE=DreamGoddessLindsey;371464] Now if it were one of the big four, then maybe I could see it being worthwhile, but for Backlash, meh. Again, unless you really love WWE.[/QUOTE] The day one of the Big Four comes to Baltimore is the day the world ends. :D I'm sort of iffy with WWE right now, but it's still something I'm thinking of. Thanks for the comment, much appreciated.

Well I'm not in your shoes so I can't judge what kind of lifestyle you're in and would be moving in to, but for what it's worth I think Backlash is often pretty good. For example, I thought last year's Backlash was a superb card from top to bottom, the only blemish being Cena's retention, but even that was done in a fresh way.

Guest loves2spooge
They will come to your town again so you arent going to be missing much it would be a different story if they done it in australia i would give them my house for a ticket

I can honestly say...if you spend the money on a ringside seat to a WWE event, you'll regret it. You already have other plans that're much more important for that money, and when that money would've been enough added on to what you save that your plans would be possible, you'll hate yourself for pissing it away. I spent a grand on a trip to Canada to meet someone(I find this much more important than ringside seats), and I still regret it, because right now that money could be doing so much for me.

I would actually play devils advocate and say if you have the extra cash, go to the WWE event. WWE is ussually on their post WrestlMania Hangover by then and still ussually booking solid cards for a few months after. Infact the WWE was booking great for a few months after last years Wrestle Mania until Chris Benoit decided he wanted to buy the shovel that buried the WWE in a massive hole. Ofcourse thats not to say don't move. But a few hundred bucks wont hinder you moving for too long.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;371654]I would actually play devils advocate and say if you have the extra cash, go to the WWE event. WWE is ussually on their post WrestlMania Hangover by then and still ussually booking solid cards for a few months after. Infact the WWE was booking great for a few months after last years Wrestle Mania until Chris Benoit decided he wanted to buy the shovel that buried the WWE in a massive hole. Ofcourse thats not to say don't move. But a few hundred bucks wont hinder you moving for too long.[/QUOTE] I could agree with this. If that few hundred bucks can be easily re-saved up, then there's no reason not to go out and have a night of fun.

Hey, you know what? Maybe even go for some less expensive seats and still keep some cash towards moving. I got the second or third level of seating at the show WWE put on in New Zealand in 06, and it was still remarkable just seeing everyone for real. I had to actually remind myself halfway through Benoit vs Booker that I wasn't watching TV or playing a game - the real people were right there in front of me. Had a decent view as welland it was a blast.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;371662]Hey, you know what? Maybe even go for some less expensive seats and still keep some cash towards moving. I got the second or third level of seating at the show WWE put on in New Zealand in 06, and it was still remarkable just seeing everyone for real. I had to actually remind myself halfway through Benoit vs Booker that I wasn't watching TV or playing a game - the real people were right there in front of me. Had a decent view as welland it was a blast.[/QUOTE] I like sitting up top with the marks. I made like, 600 bucks off Billy Gunn winning the KoTR.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;371662]I had to actually remind myself halfway through Benoit vs Booker that I wasn't watching TV or playing a game - the real people were right there in front of me.[/QUOTE] I was at a House Show in Cardiff several months back, and I had the exact same moment watching Mr. Kennedy vs Val Venis. When you live in a place that's more off-the-grid wrestling wise, there's a certain spectacle to being at one of those shows that makes it worth the money.

[QUOTE=loves2spooge;371518]They will come to your town again so you aren't going to be missing much it would be a different story if they done it in Australia i would give them my house for a ticket[/QUOTE] Last time he was able to see them was 15 year's ago.... So it's not that often. Not like they will be back "next year" for a PPV. I would say, if it's something you can enjoy with other family member's, get their opinion on it as well. How badly do you guys want to move? Would one more year be a horrible setback (this is of course, if you will probably be able to do the same thing next year, as you were planning on doing this year). I had/have a similar dilemma, my son wanted to go to Wrestlemania this year, and I decided against it. Orlando is not that far from here... Even my brother who doesn't watch was thinking of taking his kids, but I called the whole thing off. We aren't in the position to do this right now, and since I'm the biggest fan of it, everyone is following my lead. So I'm not trying to push you into it, but I would definitely consider all the options (as I did). Right now, this year, we are still trying to get back on track, after taking care of some family/friends after their house burnt down. We are out of the "hole" so to speak, but I am not comfortable with what we have as back up right now.

[QUOTE=Arrows;371675]I like sitting up top with the marks. I made like, 600 bucks off Billy Gunn winning the KoTR.[/QUOTE] That's where I normally am... It was hilarious when 2 Cold Scorpio came out for the dark match vs. Renee Dupree at a Smackdown! show and they kept yelling, "WTF? Flash Funk? Why? FLASH FUNK?!?!?" :p (P.S. I saw Vince McMahon blow up. I wasn't at the show when it "happened", but I saw them tape the real explosion the night before when I was shopping... I was scared!!)

First off, thanks for the feedback, guys. My decision was made for me today, I'll explain at the end of the post. Something I wanna touch on, though: [QUOTE=djthefunkchris;371706]Last time he was able to see them was 15 year's ago.... So it's not that often. Not like they will be back "next year" for a PPV. I would say, if it's something you can enjoy with other family member's, get their opinion on it as well. How badly do you guys want to move? Would one more year be a horrible setback (this is of course, if you will probably be able to do the same thing next year, as you were planning on doing this year). [/QUOTE] When I saw them way back when, we (my father and I) were in the nosebleed section of the Capital Center in Landover, MD. I didn't get much more than watching it on TV...which is what I did for the most part as the wrestlers were too far down to make out clearly. I mean, WWE comes to Baltimore every now and then anyways...it's just that usually I don't have the money. I would be the only one going--my father can't go due to health reasons, and he'd be the only one I'd think of going to it with. I'm also the only one moving--no kids, no wife/girlfriend/significant other, and the reason I want to move is to get further away from my dad's wife. (I had to move back home after my roomate buggered up the living arrangements and forced me to move, and I had nowhere else to go at the time.) What a helluva reason, huh? But ANYWAYS...as I said, my decision was made for me today. I get off of a 32-hour shift dealing with freezing rain and all that, only to find that my alternator has gone up on me. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. (Of course, I then come home to find I've been lynched without due process, but that's another story :p ) So sadly, all of this discussion is now moot. But I still appreciate the opinions. --SF

Archived