Many have tried......

panix04

...And all have failed. One by one, people have tried to come up with a real world mod for wrespi2 and so far we don't seem to have actually nailed it have we? We know what the sticking point is, movesets! Lets be honest they are a bit of a nightmare. Now I know this much is stating the obvious. So here is my suggestion. We get a group of 7 or (preferably) more people together. We each take it in turns to edit the data. Keeping the data for no longer then one day. We start the data from scratch and a logical place to start would be the WWE. If we all aim to do 5 wrestlers per day then in ten weeks time we will have a database of 350 workers. There are approximately 120 wrestlers in the 3 WWE brands (which will all apear as seperate entitys with a working relationship.) plus roughly 55 workers on-board in TNA. Which means at the there will be in the region of 175 indie wrestler entered, Which in turn means at the end of just 10 weeks we could potentially have 3 WWE brands, TNA and 3 or 4 indie feds. Whilst this isn't in the same league as DOTT its a solid foundation! I'm hoping that I can rally a lot of support for this, if we get 7 people involved that means at most you will have to work on the data once per week (of course you will be able to do more, if you have the extra time). And creating 5 workers shouldn't take longer then, i dunno, a couple of hours. It will be important of course to keep everything playing smoothly, so we will come up with a standardised grading system. Standardised worker pictures etc. And of course a standard way of doing movesets. I have never been the best at assigning skill grades, so I was hoping I could get advice from D.Boon, Forlan, TCP or Tommy Tomlin for some help with this area. As for the pictures we will all agree on a background and all pictures will be cut onto it, preferably just the head and shoulders EG: [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/BWA/self2.jpg[/IMG] (apologies to Self!) I realise of course the picture quality may not be as good for the less popular guys, but we will try our best. And for those of you who are not very good with pictures, don't be put off helping, if you find the pics, We will have a couple of people on the team (hopefully) who can take care of the cutting for the people who are graphically impaired. As for movesets. My plan is to come up with several templates for basic movesets. Just filled with common moves, Suplex, backbreaker, kicks, punches etc. And they can be used as a base for all stars, the all you have to do is select the appropriate template. If they have any trademark moves they need to be created and then added. The you can add any name moves IE The pedigree, The Stone Cold Stunner. Now obviously the more people we get involved the better. So if you want to see this happen contact anybody you think may be able to help through PM. I will contact a few people I think may chip in and hopefully post a list of all the helpers in this thread. This thread will also act as a hub for people to discuss who has the data. The most important factor is though, to make sure you only have the data for a day. We don't want anybody getting burnt out! So its a bold plan, who's with me? If we pull together can we make this happen? [B][SIZE="4"]Taking part[/SIZE]:[/B] - please state how you can help. me - 5 wrestler per week, graphical help Self - ? Blasphemywebleed - ? SHaynes23 - graphical work [B][SIZE="4"]Current fed in production: WWE:RAW[/SIZE][/B] [B]make fed - done make comentator - done make anouncer - done make head booker/owner - done make belts - done[/B] [B]Assign champions - done[/B] [B]Ashley - done[/B] [B]Beth Phoenix - done[/B] [B]Brian Kendrick - done[/B] [B]Candice - done[/B] Carlito Charlie Haas Chris Jericho [B]Cody Rhodes - done[/B] DH Smith [B]Drew McIntyre - done[/B] Hacksaw Jim Duggan [B]Hardcore Holly - done[/B] JBL [B]Jeff Hardy - done[/B] [B]Jillian - done[/B] [B]John Cena - done[/B] Katie Lea Burchill Lance Cade [B]Maria - done[/B] [B]Melina - done[/B] [B]Mickie James - done[/B] Mr Kennedy Paul Burchill [B]Paul London - done[/B] [B]Randy Orton - done[/B] Robbie McAllister Ron Simmons Rory McAllister Santino Marella Shawn Michaels Snitsky Super Crazy Trevor Murdoch Triple H Umaga Val Venis William Regal Not employed by RAW: The Rock Steve Austin Mick Foley [B][SIZE="4"]Move Pics required[/SIZE]:[/B] 450 Splash Cartwheel splash chair shot knees chairshot dropkick chairshot ribs Corkscrew Plancha double arm DDT Double knee gutbuster Face First Suplex Giant Swing handspring elbow headbutt headbutt to groin indian deathlock Kill Switch knee breaker left turn at albercerque Leg Lariat London Calling Lou Thesz Press Shooting Star Press sit-out double underhook slam Sliced Bread #2 snake eyes springboard arm drag Springboard Elbow Smash Standing Shooting Star Press tag dropkick tag elbow drop tag flying headbutt tag flying headbutt to groin tag shoulder tackle tag spike pildriver top rope rear naked choke Bionic Elbow Inverted headlock back breaker knee drop gutwrench elevated kneckbreaker Reverse Elbow Elbow Strike

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a tentative list of moves for the default moveset for a standard wrestler: Punch Kick to gut shoulder block leg drop sleeper suplex Russian Leg Sweep Clothesline back body drop roll up pin Atomic Drop DDT Headlock arm bar snapmare elbow drop body slam full nelson samoan drop powerbomb knife edge chop Any moves that really should be included here? Also what other catagorys do we need? I'm thinking cruiserweight, giant, luchadore (if/when we decide to brach out and use mexico) I know there is very idea's here, but as you can see the list for regular wrestlers is pretty bog standard stuff! Each individual guy will be fleshed out with finishers/trademark moves. The only guys without any extra moves will be indie guys etc. Any thoughts on this?

My main thought is that I'm really going to have to download the WreSpi demo if I'm going to be any help... I'll take a look at some WWE matches on Youtube as well, I haven't watched it for a while (not a hater, just without Sky) Knife Edge Chop springs to mind though.

I'm actually thinking. The nature of this database means that we could porbably use the one default move set and then just edit accordingly. EG use the defualt and if you are using it for somebody like Jamie Noble just remove The Powerbomb, the samoan drop, the body slam etc. Just leaving the moves a cruiserweight would likely use. I'm thinking this is going to be the easiest system. Sure purist will argue that Jamie Noble doesn't use a DDT on a regular basis, but lets be honest he probably could and movesets need to be a decent size otherwise the game seems unplayable. Im very much in favour of the game-play > realism approach. But if somebody thinks this suggestion is a poor one, i'm open to other ideas!

USUALLY I'd disagree with you. When it comes to a game like Smackdown, I hate characters having similar movesets and so many moves that they don't actually do. For example, every middleweight dude has Christian's Diving Reverse DDT. That's bollocks to me. In a Fighting Game, I want Unique, and in a WWE game I expect almost cartoon characterisation, with Ric Flair being entirely Chops and Low Blows and Stone Cold being all punch, punch, thesz press punchpunchpunch, stomp a mudhole STUNNER!!! However, I do see the need in this project to keep things simple, and the WWE style is a very basic, generic style. As long as the moves in the default set are basic moves (DDT fits... just) it should be fine. I'm not sure about the time it would take, but I'd love every character to have around 5 unique moves.

Once you have the basic movest there, most of the time consuming stuff is done. I don't see any reason why the workers (especially the WWE guys) shouldn't have a lot of exclusive moves (IE Cena with a five knuckle shuufle, the STFU, The FU. Ok so Cena isn't the best example, but you get the picture!) I am keen to have a move picture for all the moves though, and full commentary. 'cos i'm fussy like that. I have begun on the default moveset. One down 20 to go!

yeah, heres an example: [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/junk/punch.jpg[/IMG] so if anybody has any pics of common wrestling moves. Please post them!!!! Thos listed above are especially important. They dont have to be WWE, but the better the quality the better. Plus they have to be atleast 300 x 300 pixels.

thats my first port of call! TNA has some good piccies too. But im not against the idea of using piccie's of random smaller feds, hell if im desperate, I will take some pictures of me and my mates faking the moves! I got as far as the sleeper so far. I'm actually finding this OK at the moment! I expect it will be a few days before the data is ready to start being passed around, but its a solid start!

Well i'm quite happy to do any of the data input at all. Someone also suggested before that we make up a movelist specific to each type of wrestler i.e technician, brawler and we could edit accordingly for signature moves etc. I'm quite happy to make up the initial lists although i'd need major help assigning them to workers and editing. Are we doing it from scratch or are we editing the 1RC data? Although editing the 1RC data would be much quicker, I think starting from scratch would be more comprehensive, and without a sequel announced we arent on a deadline.

definatly starting from scratch. There is far too many japanese workers in 1rc. The idea of this is that we take it one fed at a time! Starting probably with WWE:RAW. I agree that a default moveset for each type is probably more flexible. But what moves to include i'm not sure! Below are the default movesets in the cornellverse. Im not sure why, but the game needs these to be included for it to work, so i guess it would make sense to use these styles as our bases. Do you want to make a movelist for these styles and i will get to work making the moves themselves? If you get a bit stuck you can always use the default movelists as you inspiration. Regular Entertainer Strong style Spot Monkey Lucha Libre Cruiserweight Super Junior Technician MMA Crossover Brawler

[QUOTE=Self;371612]USUALLY I'd disagree with you. When it comes to a game like Smackdown, I hate characters having similar movesets and so many moves that they don't actually do. For example, every middleweight dude has Christian's Diving Reverse DDT. That's bollocks to me. In a Fighting Game, I want Unique, and in a WWE game I expect almost cartoon characterisation, with Ric Flair being entirely Chops and Low Blows and Stone Cold being all punch, punch, thesz press punchpunchpunch, stomp a mudhole STUNNER!!! [/QUOTE] But the wide range of potential moves did allow me to take Davis Wayne Newton to the top in SDvR '08.

I already sent Panix a PM, but I thought I'd post it here too. I don't really have time to work on data because the HelmsleyVerse, but I'd love to handle the worker pictures. We can do the classic KYKY, or we can come up with a background to make this thing special. I can do cuts in a matter of seconds, and they are my strong point, so they would be no trouble at all. Here's some of my work: [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Edge.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/TripleH.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Random/CMPunk.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/HV/Hart.jpg[/IMG]

I just remembered I have an awesome Mac which can do things you PC owners can only dream of. Move Pictures won't be a problem as long as I have the DVD's... Can I borrow some DVD's? Half kidding. At some point I'll go through the DVDs I do have and get whatever pictures we need. EDIT: Without looking at a DVD (too lazy right now) I'm not sure about quality of WWE's transfers. Any actual photographs will be better than what I can get, but I can fill a lot of the gaps.

Well the title of the mod is "era of apathy" its kind of a play on words, describing both the apathetic approach to the WWE's booking and the fact that us mod makers have never actually got a full wrespi mod out! So perhaps something incorporating that? Or maybe a background with the wrespi logo? Or perhaps a a wrestling themed background. Not really sure to be honest. I just want something new. So if any of those suggestions have inspired you, go nuts and we will see what you come up with!

I decided that it was altogether pretty much pointless to create all the moves from scratch when the default database has a ton of moves already created. So I filtered out the trademark moves and then went through the list and selected every move I am familiar with (about 180 in total) and imported them. I am going to go through these and add a move picture and add commentary for each one. These will form the basis for the default movesets.

I think I've got it. Don't know why nobody has thought of this. I just copied the background from the picture space on the WS2 match screen, so it looks like the picture is transparent. I tried it out with the DOTT data and a Jay Lethal picture (that's why his name says Abdullah). But it looks really good. I could work to make the bricks match up perfectly. So if you all like it I'll go ahead with it. [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Random/Brick.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Random/Screen.jpg[/IMG]

Archived