WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

[B]WCW Tag Team Champion Jerry Lynn[/B] v Rey Mysterio Jr Disco Inferno v[B] 'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright Scott Hall v[B] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cmdrsam
WCW Tag Team Champion Jerry Lynn v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] Disco Inferno v [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright Scott Hall v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash Double DQ,Double countout double somethign.

First thing I have to say is that I really, really hope this is continuing after Starrcade. Best diary on the forums at present and it would be a sad day to see it go. Jericho is a semi god. The last fews shows he has had been brilliant which is down to how you write for him. I'm pretty sure that Benoit will be getting his hands on the title at Starrcade, but I'm gonna miss Jericho being Champion. I love the team of Taz ans Steiner aswell and looking forward to the tag title match. I think they'll take them. All in all brilliant show before the biggest PPV of the year. The only reason i'll be checking these forums as much as possible this next few weeks is to see if Starrcade's been posted. [B]WCW Tag Team Champion Jerry Lynn[/B] v Rey Mysterio Jr [I]Mysterio is a terrific worker, but i've never really been a fan of him whereas I love Lynn, love to see him get the win here.[/I] Disco Inferno v [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] [I]I think Disco has had his time to shine, so as we go into a new year perhaps a push for somebody else is on the cards.[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] [I]Harlem Heat haven't looked strong recently so they could use a win here.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright Scott Hall v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash [I]Yeah gotta be a draw or a screwy ending.[/I]

Really enjoyed the last show mate. The Jericho list of countries was a particular highlight. It's tough with historical diaries sometimes because you can't really flat out copy what has happened, but wanna roll with something that you enjoyed. I think you've found a fantastic balance there. Also, you're really handling Hogan well. It's fantastic booking to keep him a compelling character in 1998. WCW Tag Team Champion Jerry Lynn v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [I]To get some heat back[/I] [B]Disco Inferno[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan [I]Being used more[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] [I]I'd love to see Harlem Heat do a bit more, but it's such a rammed roster I can understand why they can't really do much[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright Scott Hall v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash [I]Some sort of screwy ending so they fight at Starrcade[/I]

Thanks guys, really appreciate the views on the Jericho booking/writing. A lot of the time when I write up interviews/angle segments its off the cuff stuff, I have it set out in TEW but I improvise a heck of a lot at the point of writing, and.. Jericho has just been amazing to put together because it's so easy to develop stories around him. So, for those 'Lionheart' fans, I've put together a few of my favourite Jericho moments from WCW. [CENTER] "Think about your grand children, your great grand children!" "Hello Lexington! Hello Lexington!" + Jerichoholic Ninja [/CENTER]

Not to be Captain Negative Tristan, but are you really forming Taz and Steiner into a tag team? I mean, in many ways its a dream team, as both men are legendary for their suplexs, their technical prowess and their badass attitudes. But the thing is Rick isn't too shabby either when it comes to all that. I mean you could achieve the same amount of shock by turning both Steiners heel and have kept one of the most legendary and experienced tag teams ever together. I mean, when Scott turned heel I thought'd be to ever him into a singles push, towards the Television belt or whatnot. I mean the tag division could do with some more brawler, no nonsense types to balance out against the more high flying pairs, but I didn't think Scott would be one of those guys now. Let's end on a posistive note: Lionheart as the lord and master of the world was hilarious Just a little feedback there.

[QUOTE=tristram;813870]Thanks guys, really appreciate the views on the Jericho booking/writing. A lot of the time when I write up interviews/angle segments its off the cuff stuff, I have it set out in TEW but I improvise a heck of a lot at the point of writing, and.. Jericho has just been amazing to put together because it's so easy to develop stories around him. So, for those 'Lionheart' fans, I've put together a few of my favourite Jericho moments from WCW. [/QUOTE] This is why I hate how the WWE is using Jericho now, alot of his career there his rep was the "JTS" why not use his promo abilities instead of having him job 99% of the time. People will pay more to see him get beat and I'm sure it will build stars better than currently. BTW is the second video the same Nitro of the faux Flair heart attack? Can't wait for your next show Tristam

Firstly, apologies for the lack of updates - have been overseas, and have another short weekender away coming up too, but all is good and its coming together. [QUOTE=The Celt;822079]Not to be Captain Negative Tristan, but are you really forming Taz and Steiner into a tag team? I mean, in many ways its a dream team, as both men are legendary for their suplexs, their technical prowess and their badass attitudes. But the thing is Rick isn't too shabby either when it comes to all that. I mean you could achieve the same amount of shock by turning both Steiners heel and have kept one of the most legendary and experienced tag teams ever together. I mean, when Scott turned heel I thought'd be to ever him into a singles push, towards the Television belt or whatnot. I mean the tag division could do with some more brawler, no nonsense types to balance out against the more high flying pairs, but I didn't think Scott would be one of those guys now. Let's end on a posistive note: Lionheart as the lord and master of the world was hilarious Just a little feedback there.[/QUOTE] The Steiner Brothers situation is one that divided a lot of WCW fans. I found with the way everything was being booked with the emergence of new teams that the Steiners had grown semi-static. In terms of turning both of them heel, without giving too much away in the medium term there is an addition to the roster that will, well, bring the story back into alignment. Not for a second would I discount Rick Steiner's work either, nor his ability to work heel. It wasn't an overly easy decision to turn Scott either, as one of my favourite periods of WCW is late '97 when the Steiners are hot with Ted Di Biase in their corner. I'd also say that I kind of feel that, despite all the ugly consequences thereafter, Scott's turn in real life had more effect with the basis that it was on Rick, rather than with Rick. Rick had the extra sentimental face-pop going on at the time, but he kinda got lost in the mix too when he invited Kenny Kaos to tag with with him, and... well, the feud lost its aura when they over-mixed in the Buff Bagwell neck injury story. [QUOTE=ColtCabana;824425]This is why I hate how the WWE is using Jericho now, alot of his career there his rep was the "JTS" why not use his promo abilities instead of having him job 99% of the time. People will pay more to see him get beat and I'm sure it will build stars better than currently. BTW is the second video the same Nitro of the faux Flair heart attack? Can't wait for your next show Tristam[/QUOTE] I honestly don't know if it's the same night of Flair's attack, I kinda remember it being a little later? Good to see the Jericho love-going-on. [QUOTE=hurri;826553]Awesome diary! What mod are you using?[/QUOTE] It's a 1997 mod.. it's been a while since I have been on the computer with the TEW running (the one I do results on is not the TEW computer). I will check it out and let you know once I finish Starrcade. Thanks for the support, and in particular the constructive tag-team discussion ;)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] At the very top of the show, a video plays highlighting the sheer magnitude of importance placed on the World Heavyweight Championship match at Starrcade between [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] and [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]. The video essentially summarises the somewhat tempestuous feud between the avenging Four Horsemen and the domineering wolves of the New World Order, as well as highlighting the intense patriotism from either side of the ranks from the ardent fans across the United States. [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/nwo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] - We hear some young fans in black and white cloth telling fans how this is for life, and this is the new generation of wrestling - We hear [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] almost in a shoot like commentary tell us how this blurs all the lines that we once assumed was the staid line up of professional wrestling, how this approach through the New World Order takes professional wrestling to the next level. He talks about the corporate approach, about the bottom line, and how the New World Order while seen as a selfish device is here for the good of professional wrestling - We see the moment when [B]Scott Hall[/B] appeared at a Monday Nitro event, interrupting a match to start the havoc - We see where [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash [/B]Jackknifes Bischoff through the stage - We see Bash at the Beach 1996 when [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] shocks the world by turning on WCW and joining the New World Order of Professional Wrestling - [B]Tony Schiavone[/B] in a sit down shoot tells us how the entire look and feel of World Championship Wrestling will change forever should the New World Order win, telling the fans that all wrestlers under contract with WCW will be forced to sign New World Order contracts in order to compete [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/4horsemenlogo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] - [B]'Iron' Mike Tenay[/B] advises how the Four Horsemen stand for tradition, honour, and integrity, and have been woven into the fabric of an entire generation of World Championship Wrestling fans thanks to the likes of [B]'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson[/B], [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B], [B]JJ Dillon[/B], [B]Ole Anderson[/B], [B]Tully Blanchard[/B], [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] and now [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] - We look at the storied career of both Anderson and Flair and how they set the benchmark for wrestling excellence in World Championship Wrestling, performing night after night - We discuss the various injuries that the likes of Anderson endured and worked through, for the good of the business - We flash through a montage of World Championship Wrestling roster faces from [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] to [B]Jerry Lynn[/B] to [B]Sting[/B] to '[B]The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus[/B] to the Hollywood-based movie star of the moment [B]Mike Awesome[/B] to[B] 'The Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart[/B] and a whole bunch of others, and then we reflect on past Champions of World Championship Wrestling and the NWA including [B]Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat[/B], [B]Wahoo McDaniel[/B], [B]Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine[/B], [B]Big Van Vader[/B], [B]Terry Funk[/B], [B]'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes[/B], [B]Ricky Morton[/B], [B]'Sweet' Stan Lane[/B] and the like, all of whom are woven into the fabric of what the Four Horsemen fight for, the legacy and the spirit of the organisation - We see died in the wool World Championship Wrestling fans in a group shout out roars of support for the Four Horsemen - And we review that great night just over a half year ago, where against all odds, 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson reunited the Four Horsemen, for one last jaunt at trying to maintain order, trying to maintain the disciplines of professional wrestling, trying to free the organisation of the corrupt practices of the New World Order, and trying to make a change for the better of the traditionalists who crave the great wrestling this organisation has constantly thrown up, night in, night out "Welcome to Thunder," [B]'Iron' Mike Tenay[/B] says as blue and white pyros fly into the ceiling of this arena here in Winston-Salem, "we are on the precipice of the defining moment in professional wrestling history, bar none. Because this coming Sunday, you are NOT going to want to miss the ultimate war to settle the very future of professional wrestling. It will be 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho defending his World Heavyweight Championship against 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit, pound for pound the two best wrestlers on the face of this planet, not only will the Championship be on the line, not only is it an Ultimate Iron Man Match one of the most enduring and arduous matches ever known to man, but... but... BUT, the most crippling stipulation ever confronted in professional wrestling, if Chris Jericho wins, the Four Horsemen are finished and ALL wrestlers will have to sign over to the New World Order, and should Chris Benoit win, the New World Order is finished for good. Hello everybody, I'm 'Iron' Mike Tenay, and with me as always here live on the Super Station, TBS, I have the 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes and the 'Living Legend' Larry Zybsko, and Dusty, firstly to you, you have such a long standing history with the National Wrestling Alliance, with World Championship Wrestling, with 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen. Dusty, let me remind you and the fans all around the world that for over a year, the Four Horsemen tried to, and succeeded in breaking your leg, and yet, a decade on, you sit here in this commentary booth and I'm fairly sure I know where your allegiance lies." "Well baby, we are live and in kulah here in Winssssston-Sssaalem, here on da SuperStation, and Prafesssaaa, you are so right," [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] emotionally erupts. "This coming Sunday, when the battle lines are drawn, when the ultimate war erupts in our very facesszzz like a ssssmouldering meteorite crassssshin into Atlanta brudda, I will be hoping and praying to the great man above good lordy may, that Chris Benoit comes out on top. Because Mike Tenay, can you imagine what will happen, should dey not? We play by their rules, and brudda, I got a table to put bread on, I've lived through dese hard times bluessss sleeping in alleys and dining on pork and beans, but Mike Tenay, I don't know if my heart, the dream, the American Dream, can ever, EVER put his name on a New World Order contract. Because brudda, that will be the baddest most worssssst moment I could ever imagine, bar none... BAR NONE!" "Well, hang on a second there Dusty, and Larry Zbysko, we'll get to you in a second, but guys, I've been instructed that we're headed backstage.. wait a minute, hang on!" [CENTER]--------------------------------------[/CENTER] "You know damn well what this note is about," [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] shouts as he holds up a piece of A4 paper in his left hand. "Yo, I don't know what you're talking about chico, but you better drop that tone," [B]Scott Hall[/B] retorts. "Or what? Huh? Or what? Come on Scott, what? Whatcha gonna do? Are you going to... drink me under the table?" Hall snaps, and starts laying into Nash, who tries to defend himself before finally getting some shots in. Suddenly, [B]Doug Dillenger and the Fun Police[/B] descend on the scene to cut the two men off. Storming around the corner is [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B]. He looks stressed to the max. He walks up to the two deliquents, and stares at them. "Do you know what the hell you two are doing?" He asks. "At the end of this week boys, everything... EVERYTHING comes to an end. For them. Unless, we screw up. Do you understand me? Unless WE screw up. Now, I can't believe I'm about to do this, but... I'm a believer in resolving issues by a bit of tough love. So tonight, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, you two can brawl out your differences one on one in that ring, and then... I don't want to have any more problems... Got it?" Nash and Hall snarl, as Bischoff looks up at them concerned. [CENTER]------------------------------------[/CENTER] Around the corner, in the WCW Interview Center, [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] stands by with the man we learned in 1998 was the most deceptive, most convuluted and manipulative man in all of professional wrestling. For while the fans cheered for him as their people's Champion, this devious scoundrel, [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] was secretly the mind behind the New World Order itself. He is sans Kimberly tonight, who of course, only recently broke down in the face of the friction between Page's biggest personal arch nemesis, Disco Inferno, who he will face one on one at Starrcade this coming Sunday. "Mike Tenay, I thank you as I have back here with me here on Thursday Thunder, perhaps the last Thunder under the control of World Championship Wrestling, the man behind the New World Order itself, Diamond Dallas Page. DDP, can you hear those fans?" 'Mean' Gene asks. He drops the microphone, and we can hear a raucous negative reception for Page, who smiles conceitedly. "These fans gave you everything Dallas, everything! And you cheated the lot of them.." Page snatches the microphone over towards himself, and then grins as Okerlund stymies in fear. "I'd keep my mouth SHUT if I were you, Gen-o, because pretty soon things are going to get JACKED UP around here!" Page says. "You know, I could care LESS what these rednecks think of me. They love me, they hate me, but one thing's for sure, they'll NEVER forget me. And come this Sunday at Starrcade, when Chris Jericho retains the World Heavyweight Championship, Gen-o, you need to start worrying about your employment. Because tonight.. TONIGHT is the last night you will EVER get away with the type of negative interviewing that you have gotten away with for so long. Got it? GOT IT?" Page says threateningly, Okerlund though, while disturbed, quivers but says nothing. After readjusting his collar, Okerlund begins again. "As much as the match between Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit holds the balance of power in professional wrestling DDP, the fact is you face your own problems this coming Sunday, live and exclusive to Pay-Per-View, when you face Disco Inferno. A man who onced wooed your own wife over to his side, and judging by her reactions recently Page, I'm not so sure she is as faithful as you once hoped." "Are you finished yet, little man? Once again, come this Sunday, I can assure you you will be. You know Gen-o, the truth of the matter is these past few weeks have been some of the most gruelling of my challenging and accomplished career. But you see Gen-o, I'm a firm believer in remaining ahead of the pack. I'm an inventor, I'm an entrepreneur, hell, I got things REAL JACKED UP with the New World Order. And not everything is always as it seems, Gene. I'm quite sure that Kimberly, who is probably sitting at home along with millions of screaming DDP fans, is probably regretting the moment Disco Inferno .... infected... her mind. And that's all it is. A cancerous infection of the soul. But Kimberly sits at home knowing that she took some fairly serious vows, and she also knows that the New World Order is where it's at. You see, Kimberly is a big spender, always has been. You can call it greed if you will, but it's a desire to be the best. Hell, she even sold her body to Hughey H for extra cash. And yeah, you've seen it Gen-o, and yeah... it's as good as it looks on your stuck together pages. And..." "And what?" The interrupting voice introduces himself, it is none other than [B]Disco Inferno[/B]. "And what, Dallas?" Inferno interrupts again. "So.. she posed for a couple of spreads. Are you trying to tell us something we didn't already know? And you believe... infact you categorically state that she's as good to the manly touch as she looks in the mags?" After a tense stare down, Disco Inferno breaks into a smile. "And you know what, you're right. And ... here's the thing, I know for a FACT that you're right..." Page's mouth twitches, as the tension boils in his head. Disco Inferno pats him on the shoulder, and walks off. But Page stands still, in a deep trance, his mind pummeled by the thought of what he has just had revealed to him. Finally, after Disco is long gone, he awakes from his mental slumber. "Gene Okerlund, this coming Sunday... if you think the greatest thing in my career was snapping the neck of World Championship Wrestling by brewing together and pulling the strings from behind enemy lines of the New World Order, you won't BELIEVE what I have in store for that punk. Disco Inferno, get ready for the most dangerous most in professional wrestling history. I know over 70 ways of pulling it off, and worst of all, you'll never see it coming. But when it does come, your neck is going to SNAP! SNAP! Like a twig. Disco Inferno, you sicken me more than any human being, and come Starrcade, the greatest achievement of my LIFE will be to SNAP! SNAP! You in two. Get ready to... FEEL... THE.... BANG!" Page snaps the Diamond Cutter sign and walks off, storms off, leaving Okerlund to his own devices. Before we fade to the break, Okerlund straightens his tie, and dead-pan says.. "If I'm not mistaken, it's the bang that got you into this mess in the first place..." [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio28.jpg[/IMG] WCW Tag Team Champion Jerry Lynn v Rey Mysterio Jr[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Rey Mysterio Jr pointed at the Championship belt, a belt he himself had long held, and long craves to get back at Starrcade. The two men circled the ring before exploding into a kaleidoscope of fast paced action. These two men demonstrated excellent chemistry, and the spots were crisp and well delivered, including a favoured corkscrew plancha from Rey Mysterio Jr to Jerry Lynn on the outside. There were a few near misses throughout the bout, and basically the bout consisted of many extended chain wrestling spots highlighting the athleticism of both athletes. Jerry Lynn seemed to be coming home with a wet sail, and looked set to hit the Cradle Piledriver, but Rey Mysterio Jr wriggled free, slipping out, and then dropped Jerry Lynn with a snap drop kick to the knee. Rey then raced to the top rope, Springboard Hurricanrana and what a win for Rey. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Rey Mysterio Jr[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Following the match, we are presented with a gray scaled video of [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], the WCW World Heavyweight Champion and WCW United States Champion [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B], previewing the Ultimate Iron Match match at Starrcade, that shapes up as professional wrestling's version of Gettysburg or Waterloo, a pivotal war in the cascades of history. - We hear the screams of of a variety of competitors including tough men like [B]'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus [/B]and the [B]Barbarian[/B] as they are suffocated by the rapturous envelopment of the Crippler Crossface - We see 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho turn his back on the Cruiserweights to enlist in the New World Order - The moving reincarnation of the Four Horsemen led by 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson - We review 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho shocking the wrestling world by winning the World Heavyweight Championship off Sting in an epic battle - And we drive through some of his momentous Championship defences against the likes of the Giant, 'Total Package' Lex Luger, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Sting - We finish with the following prophetic words - Not only a defining moment in the history of professional wrestling as we know it... But the two best wrestlers on the face of the planet... In the most tempestuous inferno of a match on the face of the earth... for ... the.... World... Heavyweight.... Championship! [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Konnan10.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Disco_Inferno4.jpg[/IMG] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v Disco Inferno[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Konnan's in ring work of late has been getting better and better, we are at last getting to see some of the in ring work that made a fabled hero south of the border. It was more of a slower match, nothing exemplary, although the story told was one of defiance, as [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B], [B]Curt Hennig[/B] and [B]Vincent[/B] all hit the ring at various times to attack Disco Inferno. And despite several near falls, and a near hopelessness of the situation, Disco rallied from the crowd and overcame the odds to hit the Chartbuster for an impressive victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Disco Inferno[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, we look around this sold out arena, and note several fans getting up in the camera getting very vociferous about their support either way for Benoit or Jericho, the intensity of the crowd on this match with the most extreme consequences is riveting to see. As we pan back, we can see [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] is already in the ring, as American Made bursts out around the arena. We can see small children being hoisted on their shoulders, as everyone clambers to see the stage area where [B]Hulk Hogan[/B], with his red and yellow boa feather, red and yellow bandana, red and yellow sunglasses.. and, well you get the rest. Hogan moves from side to side of the stage, waving his hand to his ear to gauge the massive pop from the crowd, encouraging louder and louder reactions, before walking to the bottom of the ramp, posing like Apollo, as red and yellow pyros scream out behind him. En route to the ring he taps many of the kids hands at ringside, before continuing to the ring, and once again, begging the crowd for a raucous reception. Once this is all completed, and the music dies down, he heads over to the legendary interviewer Okerlund, who seems happy to see his long time associate. "Winston-Salem, North Carolina, please make welcome, HULK HOGAN!" Okerlund announces, which of course gets a thunderous response. "Hulk Hogan, I can't believe I'm standing here with you in Winston-Salem, here on Thunder, in such a position as we are in, Hulk. You and I have had a long-running history, and no one was more disgusted with you than that night in 1996. I never expected to be out here, talking to you, and now beginning to understand why you did what you did, and how you are back to put things right." "Well you know something Mean Gene brother," Hogan begins, "As I got to thinking about all the little Hulkamaniacs, I got to thinking about taking my vitamins and saying my prayers dude, because the more things change, the more things stay the same brother, and I as I reflect on my 24 inch pythons brother, I began to wonder, what's it all really for, dude? What's it all really for? And the more I tuned into Thunder on TBS brother, the more I got to see what it was all really about. And so I went down to the gym, I worked out hard brother, I said my prayers and I took my vitamins, and when I said my prayers brother it became very clear. Each and every one of these millions of fans watching around the world brother, they weren't after a New World Order of professional wrestling, they were after Hulkamania and all the virtues it stood for, and as I took my youngest daughter in my arms one sunny Summer's day, long after the clouds had passed dude, long after the smoke had cleared, I began to see the light. And when I got that phone call from Eric Bischoff, brother, I got on the phone to Ric Flair brother and I told him what was going down at World War III. And then the plan came together brother, my vision, my daughter's clear and innocent mind, and all these millions of Hulkamaniacs like these ones right here in Winston-Salem brother, it all became very clear that not only should one say their prayers and take their vitamins, but brother, as they look down on the glistening gold cross on my chest brother, they should never walk away from their fears, dude." "But that now takes you to perhaps your greatest fear, at Starrcade, for you will face Bill Goldberg in an epic encounter." "Brother, it's the greatest fear of every living human being. To climb the unclimbable... but brother, Hulk Hogan has never changed from his view that it's not his greatest fear dude, it's his greatest challenge. And I've had many great challenges, from trying to slam the big Giant dude, to getting in the ring with the legendary Ric Flair brother, and I've faced them all as a challenge. Except for one night, when brother, I ran like a coward dude. I knew the New World Order was going to shrowd this sport of professional wrestling like an apocalypse of misdeeds by screwing over Bill Goldberg, but in the mean time brother I had to face the man in the mirror, the man who used to be me. And it was something that that night I could not do, brother. But times change, and I feel Hulkamania is alive and well brother, and as much as Bill Goldberg is respected, as much as the seven worlds will collide brother when all the planets align and we have the two biggest icons in the sport face off against one another in the greatest Pay-Per-View extravaganza ever, dude, Bill Goldberg's going to have to look in the eye of each and every one of these little Hulkamaniacs. You see brother, it's not about Goldberg versus Hogan, he has to face each and every one of these Hulkamaniacs. They're back brother, so Bill Goldberg... WHATCHA GONNA DO... WHATCHA GONNA DO BILL GOLDBERG, WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!" American Made circulates through the arena once more, as Hulk Hogan poses in various of his trademark poses, before we cut to an advert hyping the upcoming WCW VHS collector series on Sting. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Booker_T13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Stevie_Ray-01.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lizmark_Jr.jpg[/IMG] Harlem Heat v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] La Parka has had some impressive form of late, but really, tonight he and Lizmark Jr were cannon fodder for a fired up Harlem Heat, who were intent to show the wrestling world their pre-eminence in tag team excellence. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Harlem Heat[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] We cut backstage where there is an altercation going on between [B]Sting[/B] and [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B]. Both men are on the concrete, grappling each other. This is not your traditional fist-fight, these two are trying to get into the Sharpshooter or the Scorpion Death Lock. Wait a second... yep, Sting's getting it.. he's turning over, he's got Hart down, NO! Hart trips Sting's leg, and now Bret Hart has a vertical position, he's hooking the legs.. NO! Sting with a slight twist manages to get his left leg free and he kicks Hart into a massive big speaker box! Suddenly, [B]Doug Dillenger and the Fun Police[/B] arrive, but we can see, very briefly just some of the technical qualities both these men will bring to the table this Sunday. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven22.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/AlexWright6.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship Raven (c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A fairly crisp match, Alex Wright is a fluid worker, quite agile and athletic, with a wide variety of moves, and it makes him an impressive JTTS, particularly here against Raven. We were left with the distinct impression of a very capable Champion in Raven, as he showed some mat wrestling, some of his usual outside storming wrestling, and some powerful suplexes building towards his Evenflow DDT for the win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Raven[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] At the top of the ramp, [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] stands cynically applauding, with a wide grin from ear to ear. He raises a microphone, as [B]Raven[/B] looks on from the center of the ring, holding his WCW Television Championship aloft, almost daringly at Guerrero. "Esse, that is...'''''very'''' impressive," Guerrero says as he rolls his eyes back. "Holmes, do you really think that is going to get the job done? Look at me, I am the greatest Television Champion of all time. Night in, night out, esse, I got the job done comprehensively. And this coming Sunday at Starrcade esse, that Championship comes back to the second coming of the Latino Heat era. Ora Le!" Raven smiles, almost acknowledging Guerrero, kind of daring him to come into the hardcore lair of the current Champion. We fade to a break, as Guerrero arrogantly smiles from the ramp. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/KevinNash4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottHall9.jpg[/IMG] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v Scott Hall[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Nash looked agitated and fired up. Hall almost looked confused as to why he was out here. Hall even went up and offered a hand shake, which Nash refused by slapping the face of Hall. And from there, this was nothing but an intense fist fight. Nothing more, nothing less. The two men rolled to the outside, and continued brawling intensely up the aisle, until this one was thrown out. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] No result due to double count out[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] As the match got thrown out, and a couple of dozen security men moved into stop this frenetic brawl,[B] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] grabbed a microphone from David Penzer who was nearby, minding his own business. "Hall...," Nash said as he gasped for breath. "I want your [BEEP].. one on one... at Starrcade, you and me bro, nowhere to run bro, nowhere to hide... because I'm talking about a match inside the steel confines of a CAGE!" [B]Scott Hall[/B] nods and smiles, holding his hands to his side daring Nash to come and get him right here, right now, but my God, can you believe it, the Outsiders, one on one, in a cage, at Starrcade! Is the nWo splitting before our very eyes? Can they even hold on to wait for 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho to attempt to salvage the nWo from the wrecks of hell? Or is this all a ruse? So many questions, with the most pivotal answer in professional wrestling history just a few short sleeps away...

Guest cmdrsam
Glad to see your back big man. You was missed for sure. Once again you have just enough meat on the table to satisify the hunger but yet yearn for more.

Mate I cannot wait for this show. I know it will be truly amazing and I don't think i've seen a better card anywhere. It really does have everything for every type of wrestling fan and the build you've given each feud has been brilliant. Loved the Hogan stuff and also how important you have made this Title match in regards to The two stables involved.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/starrcade.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="6"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]WCW/nWo Starrcade The Apocalyptic War Live and Exclusive to Pay-Per-View, Sunday, December 27 1998 from the Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia[/FONT][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DiscoInferno5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DDP6.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]Disco Inferno v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/FONT][/SIZE] In a tense and turbulent four-way clash, DDP's wife Kimberly Page assisted Disco Inferno to win the WCW Television Championship. It seemed a romance made in heaven, it seemed obvious that Kimberly loved Disco Inferno, who went from strength to strength to become one of the most marketable men on the WCW roster. However, she turned back to DDP, in a heinous turn, similar to the deceitful way DDP turned to the New World Order announcing himself as Bischoff's co-conspirator all along. Recently, Kimberly Page ran from the ring crying, as Diamond Dallas Page and Disco Inferno had a verbal altercation on who Kimberly truly loved. And it all leads to this, the ultimate grudge match over love. The Charbuster versus the Diamond Cutter. [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ultimo_Dragon.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Christopher_Daniels28.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel[/SIZE][/FONT] For reasons best known to the Fallen Angel, a man who no mere mortal can seem to get a true and indicative take on, the Fallen Angel cost Jushin Lyger the Cruiserweight Championship gifting it to Ultimo Dragon. Recently though, Lyger, in what must have been the last opportunity, gained an upset win to reclaim what he sees as his. The question still remains, what were the intentions of the Fallen Angel? Is there payback in store from Ultimo Dragon to grant the Fallen Angel his first reign? Is there any alliance at all? So many questions, three great athletes to blow your mind. [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven23.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Eddie_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]WCW Television Championship Raven (c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/FONT][/SIZE] Eddie Guerrero lost his Championship that fateful night when Kimberly Page did the unthinkable to allow Disco Inferno to grab it in a tenuous struggle. But before that, it was an immortal run as the Champion, creating a legacy as long as the San Andreas fault-line. These two men are so different in so many different ways - lifestyles, heritage, even the way they construct matches. But the differences are bound together by one similarity - both have been great WCW Television Champions. Starrcade marks the night when we find out who really is the greatest Television Champion of 1998, Latino Heat or the One Man Army? [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EricBischoff01.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ric_Flair24.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/SIZE][/FONT] All roads have led to this. One night, the ultimate feud of corruption versus tradition must end. How many people around the world have wanted to slug their corrupt boss? For one night only, they get to do it vicariously through the legendary Ric Flair, a man who has been fired, screwed and tormented for months by Bischoff. The legacy for Bischoff is now he must face up to his demons, and face his fears by going one on one with Flair, who also has revenge on his mind given the deceitful way Bischoff managed to beat him earlier this year. [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/KevinNash4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottHall9.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Steel Cage Match 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v Scott Hall[/SIZE][/FONT] These two men have practically been blood brothers these past few years, ever since they officially launched the New World Order in World Championship Wrestling in 1996. They became known as the Outsiders, and became one of the great tag teams of this generation. But recently one slip of paper has come between these two. Scott Hall, not knowing what this is all about, has proclaimed his innocence, but this has incensed Nash further, and now the two men must sort out their demons, one on one inside the unforgiving steel cage. [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chavo_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Scott_Steiner18.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Tazz16.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]WCW Tag Team Championships Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz)[/SIZE][/FONT] Thrillapalooza came onto the scene with the strategic vision of exciting crowds around the world with their fun, exuberant style of wrestling and their daring approach to life. Little did they know that they were walking head strong into the life style of Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr who became great Tag Team Champions, and through a succession of great matches with Thrillapalooza became tag team commodities, before losing their notoriety in one swoop when Thrillapalooza did the unspeakable and won their Tag Team Championships from their very grasp. The supposed wannabes had become the real deal. But both these teams are in for their fight of their lives, as the nWo pairing of Big Poppa Pump and Taz, notorious for their physical plunder, their murderous, villainous, treacherous approach to life, from the brutal back stabbing of Rick Steiner to the lack of acknowledgment for the lives of their opponents, come to Starrcade looking for respect. Taz is undefeated, barring World War III's Battle Royal, since coming to WCW, so this becomes the hottest tag match going today. [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart31.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting51.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Best of Three Submission Match Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting[/SIZE][/FONT] The reality is these two men mirror each other in so many ways, both in and out of the ring. The conundrum is their intense rivalry which many believe is based on envy. These two seemed to have it all in the way of respect, but soon enough, the green eyed monster waved itself in front of Bret Hart who lost faith in the merits of Sting, turning every Sting action in his own mind to a work of evil. And now it comes to this, with Bret Hart's number one contendership to the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on the line, thees two men will trade blows in a best of three submission match, Sharpshooter versus Scorpion Death Lock. This promises to be a dream match. [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Hulk_Hogan.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg4.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Hulk Hogan v Bill Goldberg[/SIZE][/FONT] Hulk Hogan came back for this. This shot at redemption. For earlier in the year, knowing that the nWo ambush was ever-present, Hogan walked out of a match with Goldberg, seemingly never to be seen in the ring again. Again, this is a match up of similarities. Possibly these two men have the best win loss records of any major promotional superstar in the last twenty years. Hogan was undoubtedly the star of his generation, and it seems Goldberg is the most over star of his. The question is, where does that generation mesh? Is it still Hogan's time? Or is Goldberg's time now? This is the ultimate match of respect, as these two immortal icons face off to find out who really is the greatest icon of 1998. [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chris_Jericho44.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chris_Benoit22.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Ultimate Iron Man Match 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/SIZE][/FONT] [I]If Chris Jericho wins, then wrestlers must sign over their contracts to the nWo will become the official controllers of World Championship Wrestling, and if Chris Benoit wins, the nWo must disband.[/I] [B]Tale of the Tape:[/B] [U] Height: [/U] Chris Jericho- 6'0" Chris Benoit- 5'11" [U]Weight: [/U] Chris Jericho- 226lbs Chris Benoit- 234 lbs [U]Hometown: [/U] Chris Jericho- Calgary, Alberta, Canada Chris Benoit- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada [U]Finishing Move:[/U] Chris Jericho- Liontamer Chris Benoit- Crippler Crossface [U]Allegiance: [/U] Chris Jericho- nWo Chris Benoit- Four Horsemen Forget the alarming importance of the match. Forget all the consequences for a moment. Forget that 70,000 people will cram into the arena, and millions around the world will purchase the Pay-Per-View. Picture an empty arena, with a single ring, and a referee. Who would you want to see one on one? The answer in many cases is Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit. The two pound for pound best wrestlers on the face of the planet today. Both have been trained in extreme conditions in Canada, both have been trained and mentored by the legendary Stu Hart in the Dungeon in Calgary. Both have immense submission holds, one can snap your back, the can throttle you and break your neck. One slip and they can end it all for you. They were swift across the ring, both can fly, Chris Benoit rips you in half with wrenching knife edge chops, and Jericho takes you down with crisp drop kicks delivered with such power that your ribs crumble. Prepare for fight night, this is the ultimate wrestling match. Lets now take a look at the very serious consequences. Think of every man and woman in the World Championship Wrestling locker room. There are many differences. A lot of them have enormous contempt for the man to his left and right. In the next year many will back stab the man most see as being their kindred spirit. This is the locker room of men and women who despise all others motives towards the World Heavyweight Championship; the ultimate prize. These people will give their life and soul to gravitate towards the Championship. They will break bones, shatter dreams, always with a view to this prestigious Championship. But as they sit there, to a man they support one of two causes. The nWo dream to take over professional wrestling, or to eradicate the New World Order altogether. And on this fateful night, they will sit perilously. Some will sit in their locker room chewing nails, others will soak up the atmosphere in the crowd. Others still won't be able to watch as their anxiety levels take over. This is the world of wrestling as we know it, and come December 27th, EVERYTHING changes. Where will you be when it happens? What way of life do YOU believe in? It's question of loyalty, tradition and legacy versus a brave new corporate empire. [/CENTER] [B][U]Quick Picks[/U][/B] Disco Inferno v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship: Raven (c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair Steel Cage Match: 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v Scott Hall WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz) Best of Three Submission Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting Hulk Hogan v Bill Goldberg WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit

Disco Inferno v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon v [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Steel Cage Match: [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Scott Hall WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Thrillapalooza[/B] (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz) Best of Three Submission Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man [B]Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] (c) v WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit

Disco Inferno v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]However good of a job you've job with Disco and it really has been a great job, DDP is the bigger star and could easily push into the World Title scene next year. Kimberley will no doubt prove to be a distraction for Disco aswell.[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon v [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] [I]This seems a great time to usher in a new Champion as Ultimo and Lyger have been deservedly on top for a while now. Should be a fun match.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]I've gone for title changes in every other match so I think I have to stick with Raven to retain. I'd like him to have a lengthier reign like Eddie did before.[/I] 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]It's got to be hasn't it? This will be probably be the culmination of a superb feud that has shocked us all year long. I hope Flair destroys him.[/I] Steel Cage Match: [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Scott Hall [I]After all the technical materpieces that are going to happen here we get to see some blood. A good brawl to give the crowd something different. Not really sure on a winner so i'll go for the one who had the most power back then in WCW.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz)[/B] [I]I really like this team you've put together and I can't see Rey and Chavo getting the belts back. I'd expect them to move onto singles careers in 99.[/I] Best of Three Submission Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] [I]Now this one will be good. I'm just wondering how much time you'll give it though due to 60 minutes already being taken up by the Iron Man match. I'll go with the face of WCW for the win.[/I] Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]I don't really expect anything special here in terms of wrestling, probably a shortish match, but I do expect that the crowd will be ELECTRIC which will be what this match would be remembered for. I can't look past Goldberg here.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] All reigns have to come to an end at some point even brilliant reigns like Jericho's. I know there was question marks when you gave the belt to Jericho so early on, but I don't think anyone can doubt that decision now. This will be Benoit's crowning moment as he beats a very, very credible Champion.

Disco Inferno v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel [I]Can't see him losing it so soon, a win against the odds.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]It won't be clean but I'm sure there is still some shelf life left in this feud[/I] 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]woooooo![/I] Steel Cage Match: 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v [B]Scott Hall[/B] [I]Steel cage run ins were all the rage in this era of wCw and I can see it hapening here[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Thrillapalooza[/B] (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz) [I]DQ, Steiner and Taz refuse to relinquish the recliner and Tazmission so the ref has no choice[/I] Best of Three Submission Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] [I]Sting wins and Bret can't stand it as this feud continues[/I] Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]I see a torch passing[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]In double overtime, wCw comes out on top as they should[/I]

Disco Inferno v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [/B](c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship: Raven (c) v [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Steel Cage Match: 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v [B]Scott Hall[/B] WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz)[/B] Best of Three Submission Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW United States Champion [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

Great show to finish the build to Starrcade mate. You're obviously building each match well, but you deserve extra kudos for making Disco seem like such a star and for the amazing job you've done with Hogan since he came back. Disco Inferno v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]I just don't think Disco is quite ready make that extra step that DDP can make[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel [I]Should be a great match[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]He's been booked so well so far, and I don't think Eddie needs the title again after how well he did with the belt before[/I] 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]It would be criminial if you let Easy E go over, even by DQ or run in or whatever[/I] Steel Cage Match: [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Scott Hall [I]It's too early in their feud to tell who will win, so I#ll guess Nash. I second what Totti says about after all the great wrestling we'll see it's good to see a bit of blood too[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz)[/B] [I]I'm really impressed with them so far and they deserve the recognition so they don't get left behind[/I] Best of Three Submission Match: [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Sting [I]Either man could win this, both deserve it and I don't think either will lose out if they don't win, which is amazing booking[/I] Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]It has to be, doesn't it? He can't lose two months in a row, so I hope to see Hogan give Goldberg The Rock treatment[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]You've built up Jericho really well and he's been a great champion, but Starrcade is the time for the Horsemen to get on top and take nWo apart once and for all[/I]

I don't normal predict in this diary, just hell it's the big one so... [center]Disco Inferno v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]I'm sorry, but no matter how high Disco is elevated, he's not goign over DDP at the biggest show of the year[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon v [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] [I]Time to cement the new guy's posistion as the new king of the cruiserweights[/I] WCW Television Championship: Raven (c) v [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [I]I think Guerrero having the belt does more for him than it does Raven, so now it's time for it to change hands again[/i] [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [I]I think this will be the shocker of the night. Honestly I think Benoit and Goldberg are locks to win their matches, so we need something to really jolt the fans and this will be it. [/I] Steel Cage Match: [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Scott Hall [I]Is this the seeds of the Wolfpack forming? Hopefully. I quite enjoy Big Kev's face work. Big Sexy has great comedic flair, which one could argue is up there with guys like the Rock and Jericho.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz)[/B] [I]Well, despite my reservations about Scott staying in the tag ranks, his combo with Taz is simply murderous and they should sweep the floor with Thrillapalooza and Mysterio & Guerrero[/I] Best of Three Submission Match: [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Sting [I]I think this could be the big heel win of the night, that's why.[/I] Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]It's THAT passing of the torch moment[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]Come now, it's UNTHINKABLE that Jericho holds the belt for this long AND takes over the entire WCW for the nWo. It's simply a case that Benoit must win[/I][/center]

[CENTER]Disco Inferno v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]Disco will never see it coming...BANG![/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel [I]Lyger will always be one of my favorite Japanese wrestlers.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]Quote the Raven...Nevermore.[/I] 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]Despite Shenanighans by the nWo, Flair mops the mat with Bischoff. Whoooooo![/I] Steel Cage Match: 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v [B]Scott Hall[/B] [I]Scott Hall wins with the Fingerpoke of Doom![/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz)[/B] [I]It's a Thrillapa -- oh, wait, Scott Steiner and Taz? Beat them if you can, Survive if they let you.[/I] Best of Three Submission Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] [I]Even though I'm reading Bret Hart's book right now, I was never a big fan of his. Sting, on the other hand? He is WCW's Franchise for a reason. It's Showtime![/I] Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]A toughly fought contest with a lot of nostalgia pops but in the end Da Man with a Jackhammer and Hogan goes Splat.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]It is a very very closely contested match. It comes down to one fall and Jericho taps out to the Crippler Crossface right before the bell. Benoit wins and the Horsemen come out to celebrate![/I][/CENTER]

It's here! [B]Disco Inferno[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [I]Disco Fever begins his ascent to the main event![/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel [I]Ehh...don't feel strongly enough about any of the other guys to pick them to win the belt. Liger is good.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven[/B] (c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]Raven with the TV belt works for me.[/I] 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]Don't see a cheap finish coming since this is Starrcade, but maybe I'm wrong.[/I] Steel Cage Match: 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v [B]Scott Hall[/B] [I]In 1998, out of all the matches on this card, I think I'd be most excited for this one.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz)[/B] [I]Love that three of your created teams have made it here. Shows you have really been able to reinvent some of these characters into something we never saw before.[/I] Best of Three Submission Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] [I]Yikes, I guess I'll go with the face of WCW.[/I] Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]Hogan at Starrcade seems like a lock to win, but I could see him actually wanting to give this to Goldberg so I'll go with him.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]You know, all this time I just felt like whoever Jericho faced at Starrcade was going to beat him for the belt. And even though Benoit ended Goldberg's streak and has been on a tear himself it's really hard to pick against Jericho. You've done a great job getting to this match, and I'll be happy even if my prediction is wrong. Can't wait for this to come together.[/I]

Guest cmdrsam
Disco Inferno v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] Disco must die. Its 1998 allready. Come on man. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel I really would like to see the Fallen one take it but can see Lyger holding on. WCW Television Championship: Raven (c) v [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair If I'm reading between the lines correctly it has to be this pick. But you are great for throwing me off very often. So stop that. Steel Cage Match: 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v Scott Hall Can the cage hold so much EGO? Think I'll pass. WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Human Suplex Machines[/B] ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz) Best of Three Submission Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting O come on. Stop this. Fine Sting win but I'm not bolding it. Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] Next. WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] At first didn't believe Jericho would have been champ for this long. But it's been a hell of a ride. But it's over Benoit wins.

[B]Disco Inferno[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Steel Cage Match: 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v [B]Scott Hall[/B] WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Human Suplex Machines [/B]('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz) Best of Three Submission Match: [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Sting Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW United States Champion '[B]Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

[B]Disco Inferno[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven[/B] (c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Steel Cage Match: 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v [B]Scott Hall[/B] WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) (c) v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Human Suplex Machines[/B] ('Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and 'FTW' Taz) Best of Three Submission Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] Hulk Hogan v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ultimate Iron Man Match: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW United States Champion [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

Archived