The GDS-Verse (Progress & Submission Thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might as well bump this from the third page. Lots of new renders added to the first page. Little more done other than some minor datawork as I'm going to plough through as many as possible over the remaining weekend whilst I'm on a bit of a roll.

Awesome job on both MINX and Guerrero Negro (and all the others, really). The Guerrero Negro render looks so great that my English vocabulary couldn't possibly do it justice. I'm so going to make Bruiser champ when this game comes out. I think he's the best render this far.

[QUOTE=FlameSnoopy;477233][OFFTOPIC] Yes, i couldnt pm you. How did you make that c00L lighting? [/OFFTOPIC][/QUOTE] The lighting settings I use were originally based on the wonderfully free Luminous Lights download at renderosity. I've modified it the settings and move some of the lights more centrally and then adjust the intensity levels of the main lights from 100% to around 18-20%. Apart from that, again using the main lights, I set the colours to around even levels with red just slightly more prominant around the 600 mark. You might notice from any of the renders donning hats (e.g. Black Jack Malenko, Amish Avenger) that one of the most intense spotlights is raised above the head (creating the shadow on the face that I'd rather not be there so much). [url]http://www.renderosity.com/mod/frees...ection_id=249&[/url] That's the link to the lighting section, just go from there. Beyond that, I do some touching up in paint shop pro, adding a bit more shadow to certain areas to make the edges more defined. [QUOTE=Beeker;477731]Everyone and everything continues to look amazing sebs... I just fear how many more of my creations you need to render. :P[/QUOTE] Yeah, I've got quite a few left, lol. Next on my list are the House Of Lords... I just need to get the facepaint sorted. [QUOTE=Wallbanger;478112]Do you have a feel for a release timeline, beta, GA or otherwise?[/QUOTE] Not really. Like I mentioned in the first page somewhere, work is a headache for me until late September, so I'm loathe to give any sort of date with that hanging over me. Sooner rather than later though.

[QUOTE=Beeker;479327]wonderfully inept and unskilled. :D[/QUOTE] I believe that was a phrase used during my last appraisal at work ;) Another batch of renders added to the first post. Apart from that, I've created and added a few GDS-Verse related locations. I am planning to just add these to the fictional C-Verse defaults as it would just take too much time for me to create a seperate location file for this when there are so many other things to work on (unless for whatever reason someone else happens to be working on a completely original whole file, feel free to give me a shout I guess). It doesn't seem worth a new form, but if anyone wants to add a fictional location, just slap the details in the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
[U][B]Basic Data[/B][/U] Name: Jacob Meyer Short Name: Meyer Gender: Male Birth Month/Year: August/1988 Nationality: Canadian Based In: Canada Active In: USA, Canada, and Japan [U][B]BIOGRAPHY[/B][/U] Jacob Meyer is a young high flyer from Canada, who spent lots of time in Japan learning the ropes from Japanese stars. He quickly learned the language and even took up the Japanese style of wrestling and now wrestles mainly in Japan, but still comes back to Canada and the US to wrestle in some of the smaller feds. [U][B]Personal Data[/B][/U] Status: Wrestler Style: Puro Size: Light Heavyweight Personality: Attitude: Face Gimmick: Rebel Heel Gimmick: Rebel Loyalty: Any Japanese Fed [U][B]Favoured Role[/B][/U] Wrestler: Usually Occasional Wrestler: Never Manager: Never Referee: Never Announcer: Never Color Commentator: Never Personality: Never Road Agent: Never Languages: English and Japanese Main Finisher: Canadian Ghetto Stomp (Impact Move/Uber Finisher) Secondary Finisher: Thunder Bay Driver (Pin Fall/Finisher) [U][B]Personal[/B][/U] Soft Drug - 25% - Reformed [U][B]Performance (0-100)[/B][/U] Babyface: 80 Heel: 65 Cool: 80 ****y: 60 Crazy: 50 Legit: 70 Comedy: 50 Weasel: 40 Brute: 10 Weird: 10 Wholesome: 60 [U][B]Skills (0-100)[/B][/U] Brawling: 60 Puroresu: 90 Hardcore: 50 Aerial: 90 Flashiness: 100 Mat Work: 50 Chain Wrestling: 50 Submissions: 50 Microphones: 85 Charisma: 85 Acting: 85 Announcing: 0 Athletisism: 70 Toughness: 60 Stamina: 85 Power: 50 Basics: 70 Psychology: 70 Safety: 70 Consistency: 70 Selling: 80 Respect: 50 Looks: 80 Superstar Quality: 55 Intensity: 40 Stiffness: 20 Resilience: 80 Menace: 20 Refereeing: 0 MMA Style: 0 Overness* I’ll take the number as standing for ‘set-all’ , but feel free to specify differing values for each reason… it just didn’t seem worth typing them all out. USA: 5 Mexico: 0 UK: 0 Canada: 10 Japan: 20 Europe: 0 *These values may be adjusted somewhat if the mod needs balancing… e.g. if there are far too many characters set with ‘A’ overness. Physical (0-100) Head: 100 Body: 100 Arms: 100 Legs: 100 Contracts N/A [U][B]RENDER DESCRIPTION[/B][/U] I’ve partially lifted this from one of Clarity’s posts in the Render Thread, but the same applies here. Keep in mind with the renders that there will be some limits (depending on what props are needed), but I’ll try where possible to compromise should I need to do something that Poser won’t let me do. This form doesn’t have to be followed, but when people post their descriptions; these things should be kept in mind at least… Hair – Dark Brown, Fohawk, Mid-Length Facial Hair – Dark Brown, Small, Goatee Eyes – Light Blue Face – Good Looking Extras – Necklace (Silver with Small Metal Cross) and Piercings (Lip Ring on Bottom right side and Eyebrow on left side) Clothes – Shirt-less, Red Wrist Tape, and Red and Black Baseball Style Gloves (Think Sonjay Dutt style) Body- Muscular and Tanned (White Person Tan)

[QUOTE=machinesxe;486126]3rd page bump...Updates?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=ChrisWest;486958]Pretty please with sugar on top.[/QUOTE] Well since you asked so nicely... most things I've done with the data recently has been mundane, so I haven't bumped the thread up for it, but since it's been bumped up a few times now anyway, I've added a batch of recent renders to the first post. [QUOTE=The Swanton825;487221]ProjectJinx, submissions ended over two months ago.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=ProjectJinx;487353]Yeah. I did not go to the other pages... Just found that out[/QUOTE] I did post a deadline for submissions so that I had as much as possible sent in before I set many of the rosters. Those posted after that will still be added to the free agent pool at least.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;487710]Well since you asked so nicely... most things I've done with the data recently has been mundane, so I haven't bumped the thread up for it, but since it's been bumped up a few times now anyway, I've added a batch of recent renders to the first post. I did post a deadline for submissions so that I had as much as possible sent in before I set many of the rosters. Those posted after that will still be added to the free agent pool at least.[/QUOTE] Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Archived