The GDS-Verse (Progress & Submission Thread)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]The GDS-Verse[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]LATEST UPDATE[/COLOR][/I][8/20/15][/B] Reuploaded the data, which can now be found at [URL="https://www.sendspace.com/file/hxcb0b"]https://www.sendspace.com/file/hxcb0b[/URL] [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][6/7/14][/B] With a 'DLC' type add-on in the pipework for next month, I'm accepting new character submissions for the GDS-Verse (for the first time in about 2 years I think!). The required form and info can be found here for those interested... [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1991646&postcount=1085"]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1991646&postcount=1085[/URL] [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][5/11/14][/B] The GDS-Verse has belatedly [B]made the leap to TEW2013[/B]! For anyone wishing to play this rather dated little mod from the days of TEWs gone by, well thanks to MichiganHero carrying out conversion duties and a bit of tweaking from myself, that wish is now a reality... [B][SIZE="2"]DOWNLOAD LINK (TEW2013 Version) - [URL="https://www.sendspace.com/file/9xesa1 "]https://www.sendspace.com/file/9xesa1 [/URL] [/SIZE][/B] I realise some using this forum may not have come across this mod before, but all the info and hype jazz can be found below and yes, this is where those crappy Australia renders originally came from. :p I've got no definite plans for the mod beyond this update, although now that it's on a current platform, I can at least easily post minor updates (i.e. data fixes) and who knows, maybe a little extra character DLC if the interest is there. I guess we'll see how it goes. [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][5/9/14][/B] I've been quite surprised by the number of PM's I've had about this mod since the old download links died, but it's safe to say that without that motivation, the following wouldn't have come to pass... After far longer than I'd originally anticipated, the GDS-Verse is back with some updates as well as [B]LIVE[/B] download links. Technically this is the fifth installment of the data, although the gameworld isn't exactly where I'd intended it to be when I was working on this fully way back when in 2011. Essentially, the data was in the process of being updated and advanced a whole year with two new promotions to be added and some other goodies until two the of people who were working on them dropped out (one seems to have vanished from the forums entirely), leaving me with unplayable data that was all over the place in terms of being updated. In the mean time I've since changed laptops and although most stuff was backed up on memory sticks, not everything had been rescued from my old laptop before it died (including the last version of the data uploaded here) which prevented me from just reposting the files. To deal with the gaping void left by this now-not-being-added content, I've basically 'undone' a lot of the updating that had been done (the data has moved forward to January 2009) and scrapped several of the main changes, which was a bit of a soul-destroying task, but it's done now. I think I've removed all the offending bio references, etc to promotions and events that never made it, but there's no doubt something I've missed. Anyway, the data is now essentially where it was last time, but with a bunch of new characters and other bits and pieces added. Think of it as version 4.0+ rather thyan the 5.0 I'd intended, which includes... [INDENT]([B]BRAND NEW![/B]) Around forty new characters, ranging from crazed dentists to unstoppable stoners to a pack of jaguars. ([B]BRAND NEW![/B]) More renders, including some that were quite long overdue or ones that previously didn't make the cut. ([B]BRAND NEW![/B]) The WWA actually doesn't feel like a half-assed promotion anymore. ([B]BRAND NEW![/B]) More title lineage, more event names, a new narrative or two and… well that's it really… oh the TV station in Mo's bio becomes a reality.[/INDENT] So there we have it. I hope those of you who still play this mod enjoy the old data with bit of polish and a brand new ribbon around it. For the couple of people who asked me for my notes or plans for the GDS-Verse, to be honest, they're all over the place in PM's and files that have been long since lost or deleted. If anyone wants to ask me anything about any aspects of the data, feel free and I'll answer it as best as my memory allows. On the render front, there are still a handful of characters missing renders. I must admit, I'm yet to actually reinstall all my Poser content since switching PCs. As before, there are placeholder images so that if I dig up any other renders I've done or create some new ones, they'll be easy to overwrite - and posted in this thread. [CENTER] ________________________________________________ [B]The GDS-Verse Beta 5.0 (for TEW2013 & TEW2010) is downloadable, original and additional backstory posted below.[/B] ________________________________________________ [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/GDS/GDSScene001.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][U]What Is The GDS-Verse?[/U][/B] The GDS-Verse is an open, fictional database, in which all of the content has been submitted by GDS forum users and then collated together and compiled by myself. In other words, it's an equivalent to the Cornellverse, but entirely populated by creations from the minds of those who use the GDS forums. See the previous thread for the concept: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25767[/url] [B][U]Introduction[/U][/B] December 12th, 2006. There was no note, no warning, no farewell gesture, just one conclusive act. The sight of his father lying motionless, limbs splayed uselessly across the concrete, was one that would be etched in the mind of Tobias Goldfinch for the rest of his days. The body was discovered at approximately 11:42pm EST, found in the pit of an elevator shaft in the luxury New York apartment block at which he resided when work drew him from the family home. The police surmised that Stanley Emile Goldfinch had taken his own life. Given a window of opportunity due to maintenance work that had taken place for the past two days, the former American Wrestling Alliance owner had prised the doors apart and thrown himself into the void of darkness as a release from the suffocating pressure that had consumed his life. It was a verdict that Tobias Goldfinch had never accepted. At best, the cause was accidental, attributed to worker negligence for failing to securely seal off the hatch. At worst, it was an intentional, calculated act of cold blooded murder. Since the turn of the millennium, multiple careers, reputations, relationships and businesses had been consigned to history, little more than collateral damage resulting from the conflict between America's largest promotions. To this point however, it had never claimed a life. Tobias was unrepentant in his belief that his father had been taken before his time and that the burden of the wrestling industry was not the culprit. This stance only served to ostracise him from his remaining family. The youngest of the Goldfinch offspring didn't relish the deterioration of that bond... it did however make his decision to return to the business a less complicated one. The year is now 2008 and professional wrestling in North America is nearing a period of transition. Christened 'The Ratings War' by observers, the American Wrestling Alliance and the International Grappling Company remain entrenched in their battle for both mainstream acceptance and dominance. Years of conflict have reshaped the landscape, displacing the traditional hubs of wrestling and leaving few remaining outposts scattered outside of the South West, which is now established as the industry's citadel. Despite the destabilising effects of this struggle for supremacy, the profitability of a booming wrestling industry is attracting the attention of new figures, armed with their own resources. The Ratings War can't rage forever, but those who believed the event of Stanley Emile Goldfinch's passing would draw it to an inevitable conclusion are yet to see such a scenario realised. Perhaps this wasn't the end? Perhaps this was little more than a precursor to an entirely new era of conflict altogether? Perhaps this was just the start... [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U]Summary[/U][/B] Funded by J.K. Stallings Jr and booked by a collection of the best minds in the business, the International Grappling Company stand as the leading company in America, wrestling control of the market away from the American Wrestling Alliance. The AWA have taken a number of body blows in recent years, not withstanding the death of their figurehead, but arguably boast more starpower than their rivals in Hollywood and provided they can deal with their internal issues, are capable of returning to the mantle of #1 promotion. The IGC are also not without their issues. Despite their almost limitless wealth, the world's richest promotion seem to have lost momentum during the last year and tensions are beginning to build between the three founders, not aided by an owner who is seeking to become even more 'hands-on' in the running of the company that he has bankrolled for a decade. Whilst wrestling is firmly working it's way further into mainstream America, the reverse can also be said to be true. Eternal Studios Entertainment are set to launch their own wrestling company as their next Reality TV project and the globally recognised Wisney Company continue to expand their own, family friendly brand of entertainment in Wisney Wrestling. Meanwhile the rise of the South West has resulted in a smaller territorial battle, the So-Cal Scramble, between three very different promotions all vying for prominence under the shadow of the IGC. The art of Sports Entertainment may be the order of the day for several smaller promotions, including the World Wrestling Association and the rising Pro-Wrestling Unleashed, but the flame of tradition still burns brightly, a style championed by the Florida Wrestling Alliance and Puerto Rico's own Xtreme Kingdom Wrestling. Beyond them, lie the darlings of the internet, Pro-Wrestling Shark and the more maligned Portland Pro Wrestling, who exist as a bastion of old school wrestling, a throwback to the 1980's and an era of wrestling that seems to have long since been forgotten. Whereas the emphasis there is on the styles of the past, Slackeye's Ranch and the IGC-owned, Colorado Mountain Wrestling exist to mould and craft the potential stars of the future. North of the border in Canada, little exists outside of the Dominion Wrestling Alliance, an amalgamation of several smaller companies, leaving only the Wrestling Edge Federation who are probably more of a threat to themselves than to anyone else. Women’s competition in either area barely registers on the map, scarred by the failure, stigma and eventual abolition of the AWA's Starlets Division. The belief that such niche product simply isn't financially viable in the current wrestling climate is one that has thus far proved hard to shift. Several female workers have sought opportunity abroad, those that choose to remain find themselves either accepting a lesser role in order to stay in the spotlight or taking refuge in one of the few promotions left that offer them mixed competition. Overall, whilst Canada may seem like a closed shop, America is indeed the land of opportunity. [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U]May 2008[/U][/B] Still firmly entrenched in the Ratings War, both the American Wrestling Alliance and the International Grappling Company are coming off the back of pro-wrestling's equivalent to 'Superbowl Weekend' having held their biggest shows of the year in what has become a traditional pay-per-view double-header extravaganza. The initial buyrates are strong, which will predictably lead to the events being touted as a success by both camps, however many suspect the final figures will confirm the AWA as the victors from this particular duel. Having achieved some stability in the immediate period since the passing of Stanley Emile Goldfinch, Derick Legall's controversial sweeping reform of the company has given the promotion a fresh impetus to match it's already successful brand prolification efforts. Having unveiled their new logo at 'No Turning Back', Legall announced last night that the pre-All American Bash edition of the reknowned All-American All-Stars would be the company's last and that their new flagship show 'AWA Titans' would be launched the night following the ppv. To further emphasise this concerted push to modernise the AWA, Legall broke further away from tradition by ordering a triple threat main event World championship match at the All American Bash, which saw Rod Steel successfully retain the gold against two challengers, the first time in AWA history where more than two participants have featured in a All American Bash main event. The International Grappling Company stayed truer to form, boasting a card with perennial top heel Nemesis Rex main eventing Immortals for the seventh time in an epic match that would eventually see Chris Colt crowned the new Unified Champion. Beyond the feature bout however, the event struggled to rise to it's billing, cementing the belief that the company had grown complacent following a year of AWA turmoil. Despite this, the promotion is on the cusp of achieving official 'International' status to coincide with their innugural event, Circus Of Stars. In addition to internal rumblings that their key main event player could be considering retirement (Rex) and that J.K. Stallings Jnr set to be installed in a on-screen role in the near the future in order to take up a more 'proactive' position in the company he now owns a majority of, the additional pressure on Creative Control to provide success (irrespective of the increasingly fractous relationship between two of it's members) could yet mean that the next twelve months are as tumultous as those that loom on the horizon for their nearest rivals, the AWA. Beyond the consuming conflict of America's powerhouse promotions, the independent wrestling scene and it's smaller operations appear to be in the stages of some sort of renaissance. As destructive as the early stages of the Ratings War proved, the continued surge of pro-wrestling's popularity continues to draw new fans, new workers and more importantly, new money into the lower spectrum of the businsess. Noah Hawthorn has seen Portland Pro Wrestling grow rapidly in size, vindicating his belief that a market for old school entertainment is still alive and well (and moreso has potential to grow), Eternal Studios Entertainment have recommissioned further episodes of their project, whilst the Wisney Corporation continue to pile further investment into Daisy Wisney's promotion, which was originally deemed to be more akin to a white elephant than a black mouse. The picture is not completely rosy however, with the WWA still heading into a downward financial spiral due to Randall's extravagant budgeting. If current trends continue however, a War that began as a means of elimination, may ultimately provide both the AWA and the IGC with more competition. [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U]August 2008[/U][/B] Having risen to international size and thus finally validating their branding, the International Grappling Company push onwards to Circus Of Stars with considerable momentum, which is slightly surprising given the mixed reviews and initially disappointing buyrate Immortals 13 garnered. Perhaps reinvigorated by their new champion, the promotion's effort to push their newer blood is starting to pay dividends and having laid the groundwork to intergrate J.K. Stallings Jr as a central figure in their storylines, there's growing anticipation (be it both positive and negative) surrounding his on-screen role and how it will influence the company. Although lacking the same momentum, the American Wrestling Alliance remain in a superior condition compared to the state they found themselves in twelve months ago. Successfully, if only marginally, out-drawing their rival in April's battle of the supercards, the US's oldest promotion has taken the opportunity post-All American Bash (typically a slower business period for the AWA) to shake-up their talent roster under the proviso of the newly re-instated Jacob Stranton (returning to his controversial head-booker role). With the winds of change blowing through, Derick Legall's vision of the 'new' AWA is beginning to take shape nearly two years removed from Stanley Emile Goldfinch's death, although questions remain over the financial clout his regime can weild, especially at a time when wealth seems to be pouring into the industry. Despite the mutual disdain he shares with Noah Hawthorn, Legall can only reluctantly agree with his former front-office-sparring-partner's outlook on pro-wrestling in North America and his growing concern that their industry is becoming en-vogue, with promotions becoming the newest playthings for the rich and powerful. Where Stallings blazed the trail, others have followed, with an increasing number of operations now falling under the rule of millionaires, media groups, production companies and tv executives. A cause of equal concern is the budgeoning talent pool in America. Partly a by-product of the Ratings War, the exposure and investment that has been drawn to the industry is fuelling a resurgence beneath the two powerhouse promotions and given their failure to establish a period of stability and prolonged dominance, the fear exists that the industry has not only provided rich pickings for them, but for anyone else with the ambition, financial muscle and the designs to compete on their level. [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U]January 2009[/U][/B] With 2008 dwindling to it's final days, Robert Conroy, one of the industry's most influencial figures trudges into the new year, unemployed and scarred from countless months of political combat, but determined to prove that the ordeal he suffered at the hands of the operation he helped establish, had not left him broken. For his former partners and paymaster however, the turn of the year coincides with a new dawn for the International Grappling Company. The enormous Silas holds their top prize, defeating Chris Colt after the former champion was betrayed by Black Crow in an act that handed the gold to the 'Cyber Beast' and saw Crow disassociate himself from the corrupt corporate machine that the IGC would become as J.K. Stallings Jr and his nefarious StallCorp established their authoritarian regime. With a huge buyrate for Circus Of The Stars and television ratings at record levels, it seems that the plot machinations from Stalling's direct on-screen involvement will only intensify as 2009 begins. For the American Wrestling Alliance however, they sit at a dangerous crossroads. With Derick Legall's modernisation drive still in it's infancy, there are fears within the promotion that the fragile green shoots of progress cultivated through the summer will be crushed underneath the wheels of the IGC juggernaut should Legall and his staff fail to challenge their rival of the course over the next twelve months. Perhaps in desperation, Jacob Stranton is believed to be exploring the idea of a 'Who killed Stanley Emile Goldfinch' storyline, a decision that would no doubt be laden with controversy should it ever see the light of day. Unless the AWA have another ace up their sleeve however, they may have no choice but to run a storyline that tears at the very fabric of the promotion itself. That said, the key to overhauling their more finacially endowed rival may lay with the exiled Conroy himself, but would he be complicit in the demise of that which he once gave life? Or does Robert Conroy now have an agenda all of his own? [CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]Download Link (TEW13 Version) - [URL="https://www.sendspace.com/file/hnd2g6"]https://www.sendspace.com/file/hnd2g6 [/URL] [/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="2"]Download Link (TEW10 Version) - [URL="http://www.sendspace.com/file/tlx2s5"]http://www.sendspace.com/file/tlx2s5[/URL] [/SIZE][/B] ________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][SIZE="3"]Missing Worker Renders[/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]This section is for worker renders that were completed after I uploaded the latest data. Apart from posting them in the thread, I'll link add all new renders here to save having to trawl through all the posts to find them. There are blank placeholders in the picture folder already, so if you download a render below and put it in the 'People' folder, it will overwrite the blank placeholder and be linked to that worker's bio and contract.[/COLOR] [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][SIZE="3"]NEW For GDS-Verse 5.0[/SIZE][/U][/B] Just a small section to showcase some of the new faces who will feature in the next upload. [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/GDS/LordJaguar_alt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/HolyBurstDivine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/MichaelMilano.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/PaulTheDentist.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/PanteraVerde.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/SuperpoweredMonkey_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/GranvilleAlbertson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/MemphisJackson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/XtremeJaguar.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/AlKeelhaul.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/SeanRyan.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/JordanRyan.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/Wheezer.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/JigSaw.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/Bone.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/UnstoppablePS.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/RalphieDaze_alt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/UrbanBlight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/Spyder.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/NGoloFord.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/Dagon-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/Plutonium.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/Mothman-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/JohnnyDallas.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/RawkAngus.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/IzzyGrace.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/JillianTestaRossa_alt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/JeremyWebber.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/C-Flash.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/KidJaguar.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/AdamHepworth_zpsf26e0ea3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/KinkiChugoku_zps0c3ee43d.jpg[/IMG] [B]Lord Jaguar, Holy Burst Divine, Michael Milano, Paul The Dentist, Pantera Verde, Superpowered Monkey, Granville Albertson, Memphis Jackson, Xtreme Jaguar, Al Keelhaul, Sean Ryan, Jordan Ryan, Wheezer, JigSaw, Bone, Unstoppable Pot Smoker, Ralphie Daze, Urban Blight, Spyder, N'Golo Ford, Dagon, Plutonium, Mothman, Johnny Dallas, Rawk Angus, Izzy Grace, Jillian Testa Rossa, Jeremy Webber, C-Flash, Kid Jaguar, Adam Hepworth, Kinki Chugoku[/B] [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U]Credits[/U][/B] I'll do more with this some time. If I've missed anyone, let me know. Contributors (112): Acidburned - Actarus - Adam Ryland - Arrows - Astil - Beeker - Benneto - BigStevieRichards - Bolton - brat99 - Cduffy26 - chris caulfield - ChrisKid - ChrisWest - Chriswok - Clabobby - Comradebot - critical-23 - derek_b - dpoolez - DreamGoddessLindsey - dvdWarrior - d_w_w - ewanite - Ezuma - FlameSnoopy - foolinc - fusionfx! - GaryGoodger - gbasalmon - gnrfan - Guerrerofan777 - Heater41 - HHUK - Huntman - icedragon770 - i effin rule - Imarevenant - Isbu Valdez - jamck - James Casey - Jammy Dodger - JaySticLe of YouTube - jindr3k - Jonfun - J Silver - K4BOSH - Kamchatka - Kobe1724 - Kovic - Krazy Killian - LandMass - Liamo - LoNdOn - Lord Jaguar - machinesxe - Marshall - Mary E Winstead Fan - maskedpropaganda - Master_Red™ - Midnightnick - mitsukaikira - Moe Hunter - MVP! - My Name is Not... - NathanielKern - NickC13573 - pat21532 - Payne - Rayelek - ReapeR - Redwar - Richyg - Righteous Man - RikRaines - Ryzen - Sagitta - Sammartino - Sarcasm - SasoreGatame - Sebsplex - sebsy - ShadowedFlames - Shmoe - Showtime4Lajf - Skran - St.Louis - steev42 - SWF2K9 - SWF Fan - SWIFT - tabor tooth - TeflonBilly - The-619 - The Aussie - Thebluguy - TheEdgeOfReason - The Masked Orange - The Swanton825 - ThriceP86 - theunholyicon - TitanKiller - Trell - Trypio - Tweek It - UFC-KING - W3LSHY - Wallbanger - wildcat - Wrestling Century - Xanatos - XxFutureLegend112xX Logos Redux: Kamchatka Original Logos: J Silver, Payne, Showtime4Lajf, wildcat. Title Belts: ReapeR And of course additional thanks to Adam Ryland for creating the TEW series in the first place. [CENTER]________________________________________________[/CENTER]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awwww sebs! You never cease to impress, as I think that's a great render for Markus the Carcass Ryzen. I realize you've added 12 and I've added... 70ish. I feel like a GDS Big Box character store. Funny thing, the best character I created HAS to be Brian Carger. :D Edit: Oh and I far prefer the new background.

[QUOTE=Beeker;433498]Awwww sebs! You never cease to impress, as I think that's a great render for Markus the Carcass Ryzen.[/QUOTE] Thanks. I was quite pleased with him too, although since I'd got a bit tired of using necklaces that day, I opted to render him shackled instead... suits his character and gave me an excuse to play around with a freebie I found. I've got Candice on my list next when I get around to attempting another female render.

Basic Data Name: "The Beast" Jaiden Knight Short Name: Knight Gender: Male Birth Month/Year: September 1980 Nationality: American Based In: USA Active In: USA BIOGRAPHY Son of hall of famer, David "The Natural" Knight, The Beast looks to take on his fathers role as the pinnacle of wrestling technique. A solid base to work on, he has the skills to go incredibly far. Personal Data Status: Active Style: Technician Size: Heavyweight Personality: Normal Attitude: Normal Face Gimmick: Bad Ass Heel Gimmick: Degenerate Loyalty: None Favoured Role Wrestler: Always Occasional Wrestler: Never Manager: Never Referee: Never Announcer: Never Color Commentator: Never Personality: Never Road Agent: Never Languages: English Main Finisher: Judgment Day - pinfall Secondary Finisher: Apocalypse Now - pinfall Personal Drug Problems, Steroid Usage, Law Problems, etc. Performance (0-100) Babyface: 60 Heel: 85 Cool: 50 C0cky: 65 Crazy: 70 Legit: 75 Comedy: 20 Weasel: 0 Brute: 85 Weird: 50 Wholesome: 50 Skills (0-100) Brawling: 55 Puroresu: 55 Hardcore: 60 Aerial: 20 Flashiness: 25 Mat Work: 65 Chain Wrestling: 65 Submissions: 60 Microphones: 55 Charisma: 50 Acting: 55 Announcing: 0 Athletisism: 65 Toughness: 70 Stamina: 65 Power: 75 Basics: 65 Psychology: 55 Safety: 60 Consistency: 60 Selling: 55 Respect: 20 Looks: 55 Superstar Quality: 60 Intensity: 60 Stiffness: 55 Resilience: 50 Menace: 65 Refereeing: 0 MMA Style: 0 Overness* I’ll take the number as standing for ‘set-all’ , but feel free to specify differing values for each reason… it just didn’t seem worth typing them all out. USA: 20 Mexico: 0 UK: 0 Canada: 0 Japan: 0 Europe: 0 *These values may be adjusted somewhat if the mod needs balancing… e.g. if there are far too many characters set with ‘A’ overness. Physical (0-100) Head: 100 Body: 100 Arms: 100 Legs: 100 Contracts N/A Business Business Reputation: Roster Size: Pacts: Patience: Roster Turnover: Finance: Booking Reputation: Hiring Style: Firing Style: Title Changes: Style Preference: RENDER DESCRIPTION Hair – Dark red, shoulder length. Somewhat shaggy, covering the eyes partially. Facial Hair – Chin goatee, same color as hair. Eyes – Green Face – Mainly blank, slight scowl or one sided grin. Extras – Ears pierced. If a hand is visible in the render, fingerless gloves. Clothes – No shirt. Body- Muscular and fairly tone. Typical 240lb wrestler look. RoH style, not WWE. Also, feel free to link pictures that will help. Those are the main points. Basically if the description is vague, I’ll use more creative freedom with the render. Also, feel free to link to pictures or previous renders if they’ll help me. Basically, think of the Render Thread. For Tag Teams and Stables… just the basic details really. Group Info Team/Stable Name: Members: Experience: Formed: Team Finisher:

wow I love this, it seems like it will turn out great. One thing though, is there any chance they will be on the original bg as well when you release it? I love the GDS-verse bg but if I ever want to import some of the workers I would have to cut all of them

[B][U]Basic Data[/U][/B] Name: Mickey Diamond Short Name: Mickey D Gender: Male Birth Month/Year: February/1985 Nationality: Australian Based In: Australia Active In: USA, Canada, Australia [B]BIOGRAPHY[/B] Mickey Diamond is a charismatic, talented worker from Western Australia. Fairly all-rounded, and despite not standing out particularly in the ring, he is known for his great mic skills. [B][U]Personal Data[/U][/B] Status: Active Wrestler Style: Entertainer/Super Junior Size: Middleweight Personality template "Company Man" Face Gimmick: Degenerate Heel Gimmick: Arrogant Heel Loyalty: None [B][U]Favoured Role[/U][/B] Wrestler: Always Occasional Wrestler: Never Manager: Never Referee: Never Announcer: Never Color Commentator: Never Personality: Never Road Agent: Never Languages: English (fluent), Japanese (passable), Spanish (fluent) Main Finisher: Icelator (impact move) Secondary Finisher: Ezumanation (impact move) [B][U]Personal[/U][/B] Alcohol - 50% Soft Drug Use - 30% [B][U]Performance (0-100)[/U][/B] Babyface: 75 Heel: 95 Cool: 85 C0cky: 95 Crazy: 40 Legit: 40 Comedy: 55 Weasel: 65 Brute: 15 Weird: 20 Wholesome: 45 [B][U]Skills (0-100)[/U][/B] Brawling: 55 Puroresu: 20 Hardcore: 50 Aerial: 60 Flashiness: 65 Mat Work: 60 Chain Wrestling: 50 Submissions: 50 Microphones: 95 Charisma: 95 Acting: 90 Announcing: 20 Athletisism: 95 Toughness: 70 Stamina: 90 Power: 75 Basics: 60 Psychology: 65 Safety: 70 Consistency: 75 Selling: 90 Respect: 35 Looks: 90 Superstar Quality: 85 Intensity: 70 Stiffness: 60 Resilience: 70 Menace: 60 Refereeing: 0 MMA Style: 15 [B][U]Overness[/U][/B] USA: 35 Canada: 30 Australia: 65 [B][U]Physical (0-100)[/U][/B] Head: 100 Body: 100 Arms: 100 Legs: 100 [B]Business[/B] Business Reputation: 0 Roster Size: Medium Pacts: Open Patience: Medium Roster Turnover: Low Finance: Flashy Booking Reputation: 25 Hiring Style: Bias Charisma Firing Style: With Heart Title Changes: Average Style Preference: Entertainment, Modern [B]RENDER DESCRIPTION[/B] Hair – long (sorta like Edge's), dark brown, red and blue streaks, Facial Hair – Medium stubble, dark brown, mutton chops (not heavy) Eyes – Brown Face – good-looking, ****y looking expression with "People's Eyebrow" sorta thing Extras – aviators, silver chain Clothes – Wrist/hand taping (similar to HHH) Body- Muscular fairly tanned, more ripped than tone but not so much

I would like to contribute with this, but I have a question first. I have like 40 characters or so on my PS2 in the SmackDown vs. RAW games. The thing is that most of them are trained by one guy. So my question is should I submit that guy in his prime (and some others) or should I submit them when he and his buddies are pretty much retired, and with the new wave of wrestlers? I probably have 10 old wrestlers and 30 young ones. I hope this makes sense. Also, I already have them in the game. Could I just make a mod with those wrestlers and send it to you?

[B][U]Basic Data[/U][/B] Name: Tremonti Short Name: Tremonti Gender: Male Birth Month/Year: June 1988 Nationality: Irish Based In: America Active In: America, UK, Canada [B][U]BIOGRAPHY[/U][/B] Tremonti is a young, charismatic wrestler based in the east coast of America. Originally from Ireland he moved to Boston when he was young. He likes to fly in the ring but can also go on the mat. He is a big music fan and plays locally with a band. [B][U]Personal Data[/U][/B] Status: Active Wrestler Style: Super Junior Size: Lightweight Personality: Normal Attitude: Normal Face Gimmick: Irish Rogue Heel Gimmick: Irish Rogue Loyalty: None [B][U]Favoured Role[/U][/B] Wrestler: Always Occasional Wrestler: Manager: Referee: Announcer: Color Commentator: Sometimes Personality: Road Agent: Languages: English, Basic German Main Finisher: Lock, Stock and Two Broken Legs(Submission) Secondary Finisher: Shamrock Driver(Pin) [B][U]Personal[/U][/B] No Problems [B][U]Performance (0-100)[/U][/B] Babyface: 85 Heel: 70 Cool: 75 C0cky: 60 Crazy: 50 Legit: 60 Comedy: 80 Weasel: 55 Brute: 40 Weird: 50 Wholesome: 65 [B][U]Skills (0-100)[/U][/B] Brawling: 50 Puroresu: 45 Hardcore: 55 Aerial: 70 Flashiness: 80 Mat Work: 70 Chain Wrestling: 70 Submissions: 75 Microphones: 75 Charisma: 80 Acting: 70 Announcing: 30 Athletisism: 65 Toughness: 60 Stamina: 75 Power: 45 Basics: 75 Psychology: 55 Safety: 65 Consistency: 60 Selling: 60 Respect: 40 Looks: 55 Superstar Quality: 70 Intensity: 55 Stiffness: 40 Resilience: 55 Menace: 45 Refereeing: 20 MMA Style: 30 [B][U]Overness*[/U][/B] I’ll take the number as standing for ‘set-all’ , but feel free to specify differing values for each reason… it just didn’t seem worth typing them all out. USA: 20 (35 in Tri State) Mexico: 0 UK: 10(35 in Ireland) Canada: 5 Japan: 0 Europe: 5 *These values may be adjusted somewhat if the mod needs balancing… e.g. if there are far too many characters set with ‘A’ overness. [B]Physical (0-100)[/B] Head: 100 Body: 100 Arms: 100 Legs: 100 [B][U]Contracts[/U][/B] None [B][U]Business[/U][/B] Business Reputation: 0 Roster Size: Small Pacts: Open Patience: Medium Roster Turnover: Low Finance: Average Booking Reputation: 0 Hiring Style: No Bias Firing Style: With Brain Title Changes: Average Style Preference: Entertainment and Modern RENDER DESCRIPTION I’ve partially lifted this from one of Clarity’s posts in the Render Thread, but the same applies here. Keep in mind with the renders that there will be some limits (depending on what props are needed), but I’ll try where possible to compromise should I need to do something that Poser won’t let me do. This form doesn’t have to be followed, but when people post their descriptions; these things should be kept in mind at least… Hair – Black, shoulder length with fringe resting on eyebrows [URL="http://supergroup.netfirms.com/dave_grohl.jpg"]http://supergroup.netfirms.com/dave_grohl.jpg[/URL] Like this but thinner if you know what I mean. Facial Hair – Ashton Kutcher in Butterfly Effect [URL="http://mtv2.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/k/Kutcher_Ashton/sq-ashton-butterfly-effect-.jpg"]http://mtv2.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/k/Kutcher_Ashton/sq-ashton-butterfly-effect-.jpg[/URL] Eyes – Brown Face – Dunno, normal? Make him look like Ashton. Extras – None Clothes - None Body- Ripped, a little tanned.

[QUOTE=jesterx7769;434944]wow I love this, it seems like it will turn out great. One thing though, is there any chance they will be on the original bg as well when you release it? I love the GDS-verse bg but if I ever want to import some of the workers I would have to cut all of them[/QUOTE] Initially, the renders will just be on the GDS-Verse background, so they'd need to be cut. I might render some on the blue background, but not until the mod is finished, if at all. [QUOTE=ChrisWest;435097]I would like to contribute with this, but I have a question first. I have like 40 characters or so on my PS2 in the SmackDown vs. RAW games. The thing is that most of them are trained by one guy. So my question is should I submit that guy in his prime (and some others) or should I submit them when he and his buddies are pretty much retired, and with the new wave of wrestlers? I probably have 10 old wrestlers and 30 young ones. I hope this makes sense. Also, I already have them in the game. Could I just make a mod with those wrestlers and send it to you?[/QUOTE] If you've got them already in the game, just send me the worker, movelist, moves and relationships files for these 40 and I'll take a look and see what would work best.

[QUOTE=ChrisWest;437714]I have all the wrestlers in my 2007 game so they'll need some work to fit the list that I sent you (some have new birthdays, some have new names, etc)[/QUOTE] Ugh, that reminds me, I meant to redo the submission form to include the extra criteria from TEW08 instead of just copying the one from the 07 thread. I haven't got the game open in front of me, I'll get onto that, although it's not a huge problem as the old one includes all the important stuff.

[QUOTE=DreamGoddessLindsey;441697]I have a couple questions . . . First, when is the mod start date? Second, are we only allowed one submission? If not, my character has two children I could add as future workers if that is allowed . . .[/QUOTE] I'm definitely submitting more than one character, so you can submit more than one. I think the start date will be in 2008.

Basic Data Name: Luke Fellows Short Name: Fellows Gender: Male Birth Month/Year: October/1986 Nationality: English/British Based In: UK Active In: UK, Europe, Canada, USA BIOGRAPHY One of the few UK MMA crossovers, a skilled Kung Fu fighter who has previously applied his style to UK backyard wrestling scene. After many injuries he's applying himself to a more pure style of wrestling and is gaining popularity. Personal Data Status: Active Wrestler Style: MMA Crossover Size: Middleweight Personality: Free Spirit Attitude: Face Gimmick: Old School Face Heel Gimmick: C0cky Youth Loyalty: None Favoured Role Wrestler: Always Occasional Wrestler: Manager: Referee: Announcer: Color Commentator: Personality: Road Agent: Languages: English (Fluent), French (Passable) Main Finisher: X Marks The Spot (pin) Secondary Finisher: X Marks The Spot (pin) Personal Drinking 20% Soft Drug Use 10% Performance (0-100) Babyface: 60 Heel: 90 Cool: 60 C0cky: 90 Crazy: 75 Legit: 60 Comedy: 50 Weasel: 50 Brute: 50 Weird: 75 Wholesome: 60 Skills (0-100) Brawling: 55 Puroresu: 50 Hardcore: 20 Aerial: 40 Flashiness: 60 Mat Work: 85 Chain Wrestling: 80 Submissions: 70 Microphones: 45 Charisma: 60 Acting: 30 Announcing: 0 Athletisism: 60 Toughness: 70 Stamina: 80 Power: 50 Basics: 60 Psychology: 70 Safety: 15 Consistency: 60 Selling: 50 Respect: 40 Looks: 60 Superstar Quality: 70 Intensity: 90 Stiffness: 90 Resilience: 80 Menace: 50 Refereeing: 0 MMA Style: 90 Overness* I’ll take the number as standing for ‘set-all’ , but feel free to specify differing values for each reason… it just didn’t seem worth typing them all out. USA: 25 Mexico: 10 UK: 60 Canada: 30 Japan: 10 Europe: 45 *These values may be adjusted somewhat if the mod needs balancing… e.g. if there are far too many characters set with ‘A’ overness. Physical (0-100) Head: 100 Body: 100 Arms: 95 Legs: 95 Contracts N/A Business Random business, I don't mind. Style Preference: Any RENDER DESCRIPTION I’ve partially lifted this from one of Clarity’s posts in the Render Thread, but the same applies here. Keep in mind with the renders that there will be some limits (depending on what props are needed), but I’ll try where possible to compromise should I need to do something that Poser won’t let me do. This form doesn’t have to be followed, but when people post their descriptions; these things should be kept in mind at least… Hair – Medium-Long Black, pretty emo-ish. Facial Hair – Typical black goatee / stubble Eyes – Any dark Face – C0cky I guess, eyeliner if possible Extras – A silver necklace if any suit Clothes – Plain black tshirt Body- Normal Feel free to tweak as you see fit. ;)

[QUOTE=DreamGoddessLindsey;441697]I have a couple questions . . . First, when is the mod start date? Second, are we only allowed one submission? If not, my character has two children I could add as future workers if that is allowed . . .[/QUOTE] The start date is January 2008 and there isn't a one character limit, so you can submit all three.

Not around for too long tonight, so skipping an update on the front page, I made my first TV network logo for the GDS-Verse. [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/SNAPNetwork.jpg[/IMG] Logos aren't really my thing, but I think it turned out alright. In homage to the POP! Network of course. ;)

[QUOTE=sebsplex;444871]Not around for too long tonight, so skipping an update on the front page, I made my first TV network logo for the GDS-Verse. [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/SNAPNetwork.jpg[/IMG] Logos aren't really my thing, but I think it turned out alright. In homage to the POP! Network of course. ;)[/QUOTE] Amazing Logo Sebs. You are always dead on with your work. Sebs is the only reason I bought 08(APW!!!! GO SEBS!!!! YOU SHOULD REDO THE CORNELLVERSE IMAGES COMPLETLY....Wait you are thats why we have the awesome GDS VERSE. I just wish Adam didn't use some of your planned workers for his world cause now I am getting used to them) Awesome job as always Sebs!

I really dig that Johan render Sebs, the only minor tweaks I'd make (and these ARE minor) would be to lower him down so that the curled-in finger all but disappears and shift the lens of the sunglasses to yellow. But I think it gets across his angry midget persona rather well as is.

Minor update to the first post, nothing much as I'm somewhat sitting back until next weekend when any later submissions won't make the original version of the data, since I really need to get the rosters sorted and fully plow into bio and promotion work. [QUOTE=machinesxe;444939]Amazing Logo Sebs. You are always dead on with your work. Sebs is the only reason I bought 08(APW!!!! GO SEBS!!!! YOU SHOULD REDO THE CORNELLVERSE IMAGES COMPLETLY....Wait you are thats why we have the awesome GDS VERSE. I just wish Adam didn't use some of your planned workers for his world cause now I am getting used to them)[/QUOTE] Well when this project stalled a lot earlier in the year, I did offer to re-render some of the original GDS-Verse renders for Adam to use to fill out Australia. It's probably not ideal that some of the renders aren't as unique as they were, although the C-Verse versions do look a bit different overall. The only one I think I'll really have a problem is, is with Swoop since he's a bit of a cult-like character and it seems a bit difficult to give him any other alias. Ah well. [QUOTE=Beeker;445541]I really dig that Johan render Sebs, the only minor tweaks I'd make (and these ARE minor) would be to lower him down so that the curled-in finger all but disappears and shift the lens of the sunglasses to yellow. But I think it gets across his angry midget persona rather well as is.[/QUOTE] I'll give it a shot. I kept the hand in shot because the accusing pointing gesture made him seem angrier, but on the down side he doesn't look as short as he should. ;)

[QUOTE=sebsplex;446367] I'll give it a shot. I kept the hand in shot because the accusing pointing gesture made him seem angrier, but on the down side he doesn't look as short as he should. ;)[/QUOTE] I want the finger in there still, pointy and angry. I just wanted Johan dragged down further. Keep the finger in, but I think it might be more effective to have just the finger(fingertip) in shot. To show how short he is. So short he can't even get his hand into frame.

[QUOTE=DreamGoddessLindsey;447143]I sent in my submissions. I hope they get in the initial release! Did you get them? I put everything that's needed in the e-mail, but if you didn't get it for some reason, I can put it all on here. I'm really looking forward to this![/QUOTE] Yep I got it ok, it's sitting in my inbox. A bit short for time today, I'll try and answer some of the PM's I've had in the last couple of days before I get hauled off the PC for a family BBQ.

Archived