The GDS-Verse (Progress & Submission Thread)

[QUOTE=Beeker;497655]I'm sad. :( I think sebs is avoiding my glut of characters. ;)[/QUOTE] :p Actually, I've rendered a few of yours recently. I don't post all the renders I've done (about 298 at my last count, including virtually all of the older version renders from the 07 thread) on the forums. I did do a couple for the House of Lords, but I'm not happy with them as they're a bit 'meh' and don't really look oafish enough, so I haven't posted them until now... [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/GDS/LordofDoom.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/GDS/LordOfDesecration.jpg[/IMG] I know I also did one for Jason Fuke the other week too. I haven't got him on my USB stick, but I have added Bradley Bradley to the first page, plus a few other renders.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think those renders are about perfect for the House of Lords. People playing the verse and not knowing them might hire them due to the their cool look and then... realize they've hired 800 pounds of garbage. :D I also think I should have made them equally skilled at playing babyface and heel rolls since... they don't have much else going for them. :D

[QUOTE=Beeker;499891]I think those renders are about perfect for the House of Lords. People playing the verse and not knowing them might hire them due to the their cool look and then... realize they've hired 800 pounds of garbage. :D[/QUOTE] This is true, although you've now forewarned them ;) A few more renders uploaded in the first post. I'm working towards some sort of scaled down public beta to help speed things along and also break in the wedge of new data bit by bit.

Great job on Daisuke Sato. Just three more to go and the stable is complete! I hope the rest will make it in the beta. [img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/GDS/Destroyer.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/GDS/DaisukeSato.jpg[/IMG] Expect some bios from me sometime today.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;502281]This is true, although you've now forewarned them ;) A few more renders uploaded in the first post. I'm working towards some sort of scaled down public beta to help speed things along and also break in the wedge of new data bit by bit.[/QUOTE] Not really. I think most people who try the Beta won't be devoted to following much but the pretty pics you've got in the first post. And beside, some will love the challenge of making something out of the HoL... or trying to.

[QUOTE=James Casey;502348]Woot! I think I could see myself really getting into this if it works :) Even if my guys haven't made the final cut ;)[/QUOTE] Actually, I was thinking about this a couple of nights ago. Since the data is only concentrated on Canada and the US at the moment, I've got quite a few characters not active or not based in these areas, so I'm thinking on ways to work some of them in, in some form. Bare with me. [QUOTE=mike b;503137]Hey hows the mod coming along,any idea of a release date:)[/QUOTE] Mentioned in the update I've just posted on the first page. Apart from that, just thanks for the general support guys. :)

Damn, by any chance are you accepting more submissions? Heh, I kid. I wouldn't want to prolong the mod developing and such. And yous guys would probably berate me if I was serious... Anyways, looks good so far. I will definitely keep a look out for when this mod gets released. And thanks for keeping up on those updates, it's good to see how things progress.

I've added a little more info on the beta on the first page as well as a batch of renders. [QUOTE=Mary_E_Winstead_Fan;503378]I can't wait until I see Tiffany Valiant. =P[/QUOTE] I'm still pretty limited on the female rendering front, but I'm practicing with what I've got. V2's not the most flexible model in the world to use sadly. [QUOTE=ThriceP86;503769]Damn, by any chance are you accepting more submissions? Heh, I kid. I wouldn't want to prolong the mod developing and such. And yous guys would probably berate me if I was serious...[/QUOTE] Hoping that this mod takes off well, I'll be continuing to support it and that includes drafting in new characters. I did post somewhere in here that submissions can still come in and they'll be looked at more once the beta, etc is out of the way. [QUOTE=machinesxe;504289]OMG I CAN't wait for this. I am holding of from here on out and not playing until this comes out!!! SEBS HURRY UP!! JKing....Great job on the last McVain character.[/QUOTE] I'm going as fast as I can! Lol.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;505912] Hoping that this mod takes off well, I'll be continuing to support it and that includes drafting in new characters. I did post somewhere in here that submissions can still come in and they'll be looked at more once the beta, etc is out of the way. [/QUOTE] Oh, then thanks for taking more. Here's one I got: [U][B]Basic Data[/B][/U] Name: Cheno Supremo Short Name: Cheno Gender: Male Birth Month/Year: December 1986 Nationality: American Based In: America Active In: America, Canada, Mexico [B][U]BIOGRAPHY[/U][/B] Mark Sadler is a referee turned wrestler born in San Diego. The Cheno Supremo character came about when he was told he would work a match under a mexican mask. What the promoter didn't realize was that he was secretly training to eventually become a wrestler, without many workers knowing this fact. Sadler did so well that the name stuck, which he made up himself, and he kept working for promotions. However, he eventually became so stiff and unsafe that promotions eventually would stop hiring and booking him for tours. [B][U]Personal Data [/U][/B] Status: Active Wrestler Style: Cruiserweight Size: Middleweight Personality: He is for sure- very humble and very social Attitude: ??? Face Gimmick: Cartoon Joker Heel Gimmick: Weirdo Loyalty: n/a [B][U]Favoured Role[/U][/B] Wrestler: Usually Occasional Wrestler: Never Manager: Never Referee: Never Announcer: Never Color Commentator: Never Personality: Never Road Agent: Never Languages: Fluent English, Basic Spanish Main Finisher: The Erraticator (impact) Secondary Finisher: Pueblo Powder (pin) [B][U]Personal[/U][/B] Drinking 17% [B][U]Performance (0-100)[/U][/B] Babyface: 73 Heel: 64 Cool: 41 C0cky: 52 Crazy: 19 Legit: 33 Comedy: 87 Weasel: 47 Brute: 0 Weird: 77 Wholesome: 68 Skills (0-100) Brawling: 55 Puroresu: 0 Hardcore: 50 Aerial: 75 Flashiness: 95 Mat Work: 65 Chain Wrestling: 60 Submissions: 55 Microphones: 40 Charisma: 80 Acting: 61 Announcing: 23 Athletisism: 85 Toughness: 73 Stamina: 90 Power: 11 Basics: 71 Psychology: 65 Safety: 42 Consistency: 80 Selling: 58 Respect: 70 Looks: 50 Superstar Quality: 75 Intensity: 73 Stiffness: 89 Resilience: 72 Menace: 0 Refereeing: 65 MMA Style: 0 Overness USA: 20 Mexico: 10 UK: 0 Canada: 5 Japan: 0 Europe: 0 Physical (0-100) Head: 100 Body: 100 Arms: 100 Legs: 100 [B][U]Contracts[/U][/B] N/A [B][U]Business[/U][/B] Hiring Style: Bias Charisma Firing Style: With Foresight Title Changes: Very Often Style Preference: Entertainment & Modern [B][U] RENDER DESCRIPTION[/U][/B] I wanted to give you the liberty to have some fun with this so I hope you enjoy making him. :) Hair – covered by mask Facial Hair – none Eyes – Blue Face – With a Mexican style mask, colored green and pink. He has a half-c0cky smirk on his face, if you can call it that. Extras – He comes out with shades and a long, Mexican-style coat with a flashy design that is much darker than the pinks and greens of his attire. Clothes – Full body singlet with straps on the back crossing each other. This is also green and pink. Body- He’s almost freakishly white, with an average build and some muscular definition.

[QUOTE=ThriceP86;508171]Oh, then thanks for taking more. Here's one I got: [U][B]Basic Data[/B][/U] Name: Cheno Supremo Short Name: Cheno Based In: America Active In: America, Canada, Mexico [B][U]BIOGRAPHY[/U][/B] Mark Sadler is a referee ... [B][U]Favoured Role[/U][/B] Wrestler: Usually [B]Referee: Never[/B] Languages: Fluent English, Basic Spanish Skills (0-100) Refereeing: 65 [/QUOTE] Ok Thrice I'm just going to point out something you need to explain in your bio or address. I've helped sebs a fair amount with characters in this mod but what I want to know about this character is why he NEVER refs any more. If he doesn't, that's fine. But it seems like he'd be a valuable addition to any small/regional/cult fed pulling double duty as Cheno AND Ref Sadler. Just a thought. Good character.

[QUOTE=Beeker;508253] But it seems like he'd be a valuable addition to any small/regional/cult fed pulling double duty as Cheno AND Ref Sadler.[/QUOTE] Actually, that would be a rather unique twist. Kinda like Superman if he were a referee... and errr... a wrestler instead of a superhero. So not so much like Superman, I guess. [QUOTE=machinesxe;507626]Bump :)[/QUOTE] I've posted an update of sorts on the first page, so there. :p

[QUOTE=sebsplex;503352]Actually, I was thinking about this a couple of nights ago. Since the data is only concentrated on Canada and the US at the moment, I've got quite a few characters not active or not based in these areas, so I'm thinking on ways to work some of them in, in some form. Bare with me.[/QUOTE] That's cool - I'd love to see my character realised, even if they don't make it in LCW. I can always add it in myself :p

[QUOTE=sebsplex;508668]Actually, that would be a rather unique twist. Kinda like Superman if he were a referee... and errr... a wrestler instead of a superhero. So not so much like Superman, I guess.[/quote] Actually, I want to run that storyline. Hey Chemo... special guest referee is... Sadler! Dun dun duuuuuuuuuh! [quote]I've posted an update of sorts on the first page, so there. :p[/QUOTE] Judging by my calculations if you're 90% done... you've only got my submissions left to render. Oh and Whitebread Barry Whitcomb is SPOT ON!

[QUOTE=Beeker;508253]Ok Thrice I'm just going to point out something you need to explain in your bio or address. I've helped sebs a fair amount with characters in this mod but what I want to know about this character is why he NEVER refs any more. If he doesn't, that's fine. But it seems like he'd be a valuable addition to any small/regional/cult fed pulling double duty as Cheno AND Ref Sadler. Just a thought. Good character.[/QUOTE] That is a very good point. So I think he should sometimes be a referee. If that's fine with the GDS makers. The only problem is that he would obviously need two different renders: one under the mask and one as a referee. If this is fine with machine and whoever else is doing this, then I can try to come up with how he looks under the mask. Although, I'm not sure how detailed it could be since refs usually look extremely average... if anything I think he would have some sort of a flat-top but that's all I can think of at the moment. My creative juices are shot right now after typing a paper. [QUOTE=sebsplex;508668]Actually, that would be a rather unique twist. Kinda like Superman if he were a referee... and errr... a wrestler instead of a superhero. So not so much like Superman, I guess.[/QUOTE] Ha ha to this and Beeker's comments. That sounds like a great addition to it as I didn't even realize this as I was creating Cheno. And he's actually a CAW in a couple Smackdown video games, too! :D

Archived