[Hype] The Death of the Territories

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;476076][U]Slight Update[/U]: After seriously contemplating shelving this dog, I'm slowly chugging on getting through the data. Work has been a monster this past month (or so); 60+ hours per week has put a damper on anything not related to breathing. :) Plus -- as I am an Apple user, simply loading the editor can prove a hassle. John... you are first on my list, chum. I hope all is well with you and yours. Same goes with Rick. Loaded headbutts of doom are a comin'. :D ----------- While I have always wanted to swing DOTT back a couple of years (say... 1981), the 1983 starting date is pretty much 'The Death of the Territories'. The minute Vince got Hogan back into the WWF fold (late '83), it was only a matter of the fat lady singing; the territorial era was pretty much done. I'm one of the few people around here that lived through 'Black Saturday' to tell about it. ;) 1983 will be the starting point. Keeping with tradition, it will either start in April or May of that year. ------------ And as has always been the case with my work on this project, New Workers will be limited to a hundred or so (and that includes the G.L.O.W. chicks - heh). My own fandom stopped sometime in the mid-late 80s (Andre scared of a snake? Whatchutalkinbout, McMahon?); I simply do not know enough about the more modern wrestlers to make a sound judgement on them. And as I have always prided myself on a balanced stat scale, it's absurd for me to even attempt them. [I]'Shut Up, Boon. Just finish the darn thing already!'[/I][/QUOTE] I consider myself to have a vast knowledge of current wrestlers.. Would be more than willing to help with additional new workers to really make this far and away just an amazing mod

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;476076][U]Slight Update[/U]: After seriously contemplating shelving this dog, I'm slowly chugging on getting through the data. Work has been a monster this past month (or so); 60+ hours per week has put a damper on anything not related to breathing. :) Plus -- as I am an Apple user, simply loading the editor can prove a hassle. John... you are first on my list, chum. I hope all is well with you and yours. Same goes with Rick. Loaded headbutts of doom are a comin'. :D ----------- While I have always wanted to swing DOTT back a couple of years (say... 1981), the 1983 starting date is pretty much 'The Death of the Territories'. The minute Vince got Hogan back into the WWF fold (late '83), it was only a matter of the fat lady singing; the territorial era was pretty much done. I'm one of the few people around here that lived through 'Black Saturday' to tell about it. ;) 1983 will be the starting point. Keeping with tradition, it will either start in April or May of that year. ------------ And as has always been the case with my work on this project, New Workers will be limited to a hundred or so (and that includes the G.L.O.W. chicks - heh). My own fandom stopped sometime in the mid-late 80s (Andre scared of a snake? Whatchutalkinbout, McMahon?); I simply do not know enough about the more modern wrestlers to make a sound judgement on them. And as I have always prided myself on a balanced stat scale, it's absurd for me to even attempt them. [I]'Shut Up, Boon. Just finish the darn thing already!'[/I][/QUOTE] re: Modern workers, you guys already gave us a ridiculously good scenario with modern guys, so if modern dudes were needed (and had to be balanced with DOTT), then they could just be imported from DOTT Generations.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;476076][U]Slight Update[/U]: After seriously contemplating shelving this dog, I'm slowly chugging on getting through the data. Work has been a monster this past month (or so); 60+ hours per week has put a damper on anything not related to breathing. :) Plus -- as I am an Apple user, simply loading the editor can prove a hassle. John... you are first on my list, chum. I hope all is well with you and yours. Same goes with Rick. Loaded headbutts of doom are a comin'. :D [/QUOTE] Oh good! I was worried there for a moment. And then I just thought you didn't like the new storylines and angles ;) haha I actually added a couple more that I can send to you when you are free. Just drop me a note. Let me know if you need anything else, too.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;476076][U]Slight Update[/U]: After seriously contemplating shelving this dog, I'm slowly chugging on getting through the data. Work has been a monster this past month (or so); 60+ hours per week has put a damper on anything not related to breathing. :) Plus -- as I am an Apple user, simply loading the editor can prove a hassle. John... you are first on my list, chum. I hope all is well with you and yours. Same goes with Rick. Loaded headbutts of doom are a comin'. :D ----------- While I have always wanted to swing DOTT back a couple of years (say... 1981), the 1983 starting date is pretty much 'The Death of the Territories'. The minute Vince got Hogan back into the WWF fold (late '83), it was only a matter of the fat lady singing; the territorial era was pretty much done. I'm one of the few people around here that lived through 'Black Saturday' to tell about it. ;) 1983 will be the starting point. Keeping with tradition, it will either start in April or May of that year. ------------ And as has always been the case with my work on this project, New Workers will be limited to a hundred or so (and that includes the G.L.O.W. chicks - heh). My own fandom stopped sometime in the mid-late 80s (Andre scared of a snake? Whatchutalkinbout, McMahon?); I simply do not know enough about the more modern wrestlers to make a sound judgement on them. And as I have always prided myself on a balanced stat scale, it's absurd for me to even attempt them. [I]'Shut Up, Boon. Just finish the darn thing already!'[/I][/QUOTE] Thanks a million for deciding to continue this, as it's the reason I bought TEW. You are the man. *bows down*

[QUOTE=SasoreGatame;476284]re: Modern workers, you guys already gave us a ridiculously good scenario with modern guys, so if modern dudes were needed (and had to be balanced with DOTT), then they could just be imported from DOTT Generations.[/QUOTE] Hardly. Do that and you've got Chris Jericho "debuting" with the stats appropriate to a 2008 version. Adding modern guys would mean going through and editing down the stats of every worker in the "Generations" mod to something more appropriate for their debuts, and also covering every guy between then and now. There's at least two entire generations of wrestling in between the mod's start and the modern day. It's 100% understandable why D. Boon's Ghost wouldn't do a "proper" New Workers file up through the modern day. It's an awful lot of work, and certainly much more than could be expected of one man whether he works sixty hours a week or twenty. It'd still be nice to have, of course. But I doubt there's anyone on the board who'd be qualified to cover all that ground while still keeping up with the high standard set by the rest of the DOTT data.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;476566]Hardly. Do that and you've got Chris Jericho "debuting" with the stats appropriate to a 2008 version. Adding modern guys would mean going through and editing down the stats of every worker in the "Generations" mod to something more appropriate for their debuts, and also covering every guy between then and now. There's at least two entire generations of wrestling in between the mod's start and the modern day. It's 100% understandable why D. Boon's Ghost wouldn't do a "proper" New Workers file up through the modern day. It's an awful lot of work, and certainly much more than could be expected of one man whether he works sixty hours a week or twenty. It'd still be nice to have, of course. But I doubt there's anyone on the board who'd be qualified to cover all that ground while still keeping up with the high standard set by the rest of the DOTT data.[/QUOTE] that has to be the fairest coment i have ever read on this forum

[QUOTE=gazwefc83;476678]that has to be the fairest coment i have ever read on this forum[/QUOTE] The other mod's always covered up to around 1998 or something like that. My suggestion to anyone that wants the real worker's up to the present, by importing them... Take a good look at C-Verse and DOTT when you do it. Check out the stats laid down in "Modern" Templates, as it covers quite a bit of ground... Actually, allot of that ground will be covered in DOTT anyways. Look at wrestler's (That debut) you are knowledgeable about already in the database, and use them as your guide for debuting other's. Don't have "B+" Overness for someone's debut. I think the norm is having a bit of overness in their home region. The stats will have to be checked over and compared, giving room for improvement. It will take a very objective mind to have these debut's close enough to pass off as legitimate debuts for DOTT.

Its time for me to post to this topic.. Just for fun. As I just "debuted" with the TEW series, I haven't had a real chance to play DOTT, but I played it a bit with WS and I saw what ur real life mod looked like, and altough I started watching wrestling 22 years ago (really) I am interested to see how this is going to look like. ULTIMO DRAGON FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP~! or sumthin..

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Outlawjc;488647]Anything New? is it dead?[/QUOTE] You know dude, I don't have any more connection to D Boon than you do. So I don't know anything more than any other poster. But this is quite possibly THE most anticipated mod in the whole TEW community. You have folks who won't even consider buying the game until this is released. And the creator is well aware of that fact. Until he comes on here and says so himself, I am in no way inclined to believe this is or could be dead. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think Adam and his developer journals really spoil us sometimes.

[QUOTE=cappyboy;488696]You know dude, I don't have any more connection to D Boon than you do. So I don't know anything more than any other poster. But this is quite possibly THE most anticipated mod in the whole TEW community. You have folks who won't even consider buying the game until this is released. And the creator is well aware of that fact. Until he comes on here and says so himself, I am in no way inclined to believe this is or could be dead. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think Adam and his developer journals really spoil us sometimes.[/QUOTE] /nod D Boon is a standup guy, and would have posted something if it was scrapped. I don't expect anything but major updates, and I don't expect them to be weekly, Monthly, or bi-monthly, unless it's just to satisfy the curious. Fact is, we might not here anything till it's completed, and ready for the big 1.0 version to come out. I don't think a Bump every now and then to let them know how interested, excited, and how much we are looking forward to it is going to hurt anything though. I think that's bassically what most of these posts are... Not meant to be "Hurry up!" posts, but "Hey Boon! We really appreciate you doing this, and will definately be playing it as soon as it's out" type of posts. Updates aren't something that I would expect though..> It will probably be done before we have a time frame, and that will likely be final testing in progress.

I agree with you guys, did not mean to sound pessimistic ( i can not spell) and I am not one who is waiting for the mod before I buy the game. I love the C-verse and the 91 real world data, which is my high school years, but DOTT is my child hood and I have to book them Fab FreeBirds over them Von Erichs, Bam Bam was a wrestling god

I converted last year's data to get me through with a quick fix, which makes me just dying to see what he can do with his mod when its completely fit to tew08. As said, I don't think any of us here can express how much gratitude we have to him and staff for spending their free time on this project. Thanks again guys.

Archived