Their own merchandise sales. Although I could very easily imagine Hogan wanting a slice of The Rock's merchandise, no company in the world would give it to him. :p Basically, you create, produce, promote and sell their merchandise, and sometimes they'll want a cut of the proceeds.

Okay, that makes sense, BUT (and you knew that was coming) why in the world do a bunch of openers (in a small fed) request % of merchandise sales? Then, you can pretty much skip until you hit upper midcarders and main eventers. This has made no sense to me. They have no overness, thus who's going to be buying their stuff?

[QUOTE=NickC13573;458755]but how many King shirts have you seen ;)[/QUOTE] Okay, but what about referees? I've had Jez McArthur demand a cut of merchandise before. When's the last time you saw a Earl Hebner action figure, or Mike Chioda shirt? How many people go to a wrestling show and tell their friends they'll be right back while they go to pick up something to show their love of Jez McArthur?

[QUOTE=Comradebot;458758]Okay, but what about referees? I've had Jez McArthur demand a cut of merchandise before. When's the last time you saw a Earl Hebner action figure, or Mike Chioda shirt? How many people go to a wrestling show and tell their friends they'll be right back while they go to pick up something to show their love of Jez McArthur?[/QUOTE] He in particular does that to me too... IDK why it's always him... Maybe his personality makes him desire a cut?

Earl Hebner had a Galoob action figure, I think... Anyway, look at someone like Bill Alfonso in ECW. I guess they can get to a certain degree of overness. And openers may be over somewhere - Thomas Morgan in my game gets a 5% cut, and I always figured it was because of his Canadian popularity. Really, if it's their own merchandise, I wonder why some people want such a small cut?

[QUOTE=James Casey;458993] Really, if it's their own merchandise, I wonder why some people want such a small cut?[/QUOTE] I figure it's because, especially for lower tier guys, refs, announcers, etc. it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble to make merch for them if they demanded too much. Like let's say Johnny Devine was going to get his own t-shirt. Let's say TNA sold, I don't know, 200 of them, and their profit is $5 per shirt. If Devine demanded half, maybe they wouldn't go to the trouble of coming up with a design, printing them up, etc. if they were only going to make $500 off it, but if they only had to pay him 5-10% ($50-$100) it'd be more worth their while.

Archived