wow is all that can be said.

alden

[QUOTE=scorpion;472724]I don't believe for a second that this started out a work. Ian's talking out both sides of his mouth. On one hand he says things like, if they wanted to hurt him they would have and that the kid watched the show from the back. On the other hand he talks about giving him his just receipts for hitting Mickie. You can't have it both ways. Because the kids a mark of the worst kind. Ian took advantage of him and roughed him up, then took him backstage and buttered his ego. He probably told the kid that they do this for all the new wrestlers and promised to bring him back. (Ians admitted that much) So in the end, the kids such a mark for wrestling he accepts what happened. He has what Roddy Piper calls "the sickness." It still doesn't make it right.[/QUOTE] 1000% agree. Ian wouldnt be pissing himself right now, denouncing that "It's all a work, nothing to see here." They've obviously taken advantage of this poor idiot. Probably buttered him up after the show to save their own ass. Made him feel like he was just getting initiated and that it was all cool and he was welcomed to return. I'm sorry but if its a work, then that kid deserves a medal for taking stiff kicks to the face, having a few fans jump in to hit him, for having his face stepped on by a 400 pounder and for having Ians son hit him with a cane, even ASKING Ians permission before he did it. If this was a work, then Ian desrves a medal. And I consider all garbage feds ECW wannabes. Because well.... most of them are. ECW however got by on great wrestling and good storylines. Garbage feds get by on garbage.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=shamelessposer;472978] On the other hand, controversy creates cash and all that. Maybe the next IWA-MS show will get [i]three[/i] audience members.[/QUOTE] Fixed for truth

[QUOTE=The Aussie;472598]In a situation like this, Controversy creates bad PR and may cause less people to come to shows, thereby losing cash.[/QUOTE] Hello? Aussie, you live in a completely different, somewhat SANE country in comparison to this one. I pose a few questions to you: Why is Paris Hilton famous? Why is "the leaked sex tape" considered the fast track to stardom? Despite a stellar recording career, what is Janet Jackson best known for now? This country has a tremendously motivating morbid curiosity. A fender bender on the highway can back up traffic for MILES because of rubbernecking. If you think being shown on the evening news [B][I]FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER[/I][/B] is going to negatively impact Ian Rotten's promotion.....well, I've got a couple bridges here I'd like to sell ya. [QUOTE=scorpion;472724]Because the kids a mark of the worst kind. Ian took advantage of him and roughed him up, then took him backstage and buttered his ego. He probably told the kid that they do this for all the new wrestlers and promised to bring him back. (Ians admitted that much) So in the end, the kids such a mark for wrestling he accepts what happened. He has what Roddy Piper calls "the sickness." It still doesn't make it right.[/QUOTE] See, here's where I totally disagree. I believe in personal responsibility. If he agreed to do this to this extent and he's okay with it, [B][I]that is his right as an adult[/I][/B]. If he's below the legal age of consent, then it's his parents who need to get involved. If he is an adult, [I]it's [B]his[/B] choice[/I]. You can disagree with the choice(s) he made (and I do) but to say it's not right for him to do it is to stand in judgment. I've made bad decisions in my life, learned from them, and grew as a person as a result of them. Who am I to deny another [B][I]adult human being[/I][/B] the same right? It's also not my right to determine a person is developmentally disabled (as has been rumored elsewhere) because he made a choice I wouldn't have. As far as Roddy Piper's quote, what makes Mike Levy different from Tyler or weirdo man or Ransik or any of the other regulars here who choose to get into the business? They know the possible dangers. Let's say they're wrong because they didn't choose the cushy office job with no physical danger inherent to it. Seriously, the man made a decision. Was he wrong about it? I don't think so. He did what he wanted to do. What he aspired to do. Would I have done it the same way? No. I would've moved back out to Hayward and enrolled in APW Boot Camp. I can and will never criticize anyone for pursuing their dreams. I'd say 85% of the American population has unfulfilled dreams that they find excuses not to pursue every day. "What if I fail?", "It's not practical" and other such BS. Never will I fault someone for taking a shot because you miss what percentage of shots you don't take, again? And Afroman, your blanket statement just shows how much you don't know. As already said, ECW was never a Garbage promotion and IWA-MS was never a Hardcore promotion. Two different product categories. It's like the difference between a cruiserweight and a spot monkey. If all you know about ECW is 'weapons!', you missed out big time.

No, I [B]grew up[/B] on the WWF, WCW and ECW in the late 90's. That was my generation. So I know what went down there more then I know whats going on now to be honest. My post said ECW was far more subtle in that is combined good wrestling and great story telling while mentioning garbage wrestling only saw hardcore matches and tried to poorly imitate that. And if you need proof... tell me where CZW is based? My only mistake was not knowing IWA isn't a "hardcore" fed, can you exactly blame me though with that clip and with an owner like Ian Rotten?

I think a second wow needs to be said about dave and jon getting the titles. Dumb move. Just a cheap ploy to add some more heat to the match. Frankly, I am sick of the champs feuding storyline. They have done it 3 times in the last two years now. Cena/HBK, MVP/Matt Hardy, and now again. I really don't like it and I think Rhodes and Dibease were getting some good heat and character development with the belts.

To change it back to it's original topic :D I watched the video and though I found it intriguing it's clear that this was garbage wrestling promotion and this guy may have been keen on what was going to happen to him but the workers went to far. I get the feeling he signed a contract excusing them from any liability of harm brought to him before the match. That's how Rotten and IWAMS will likely get off the hook from all of this. I just hope it doesn't get too much mainstream pub because all of the Benoit talk and steroid talk is beginning to die down...

[QUOTE=lordprimeau25;474779]My apologies :(. Seemed like a wow but didn't know not to put spoliers in if the show has already aired.[/QUOTE] I don't think it airs in Britain till friday. Usually there is a raw topic, but there wasn't one this week.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived