The Day Wrestling Died

First, let me say I've never made a mod. I've helped out on several but this was an idea floating around my little head. I thought it would definitely be a unique take on an alternative universe for the world of wrestling. I'd like to collaborate on this with someone else that has mod making experience. I have the idea behind how I'd want it to pan out but honestly don't see me being able to do this myself. If someone would like to take the idea and at least let me provide my input to the "creative side" I'd be much appreciative. If not, I completely understand. This is just an idea I had this afternoon and put it down on paper. This would be set in 1987 shortly after Wrestlemania III. Maybe I should have flagged this "mod idea" or something. Just thought I'd throw this alternative universe idea out there. I work in radio on weekends and one of our three stations in house is an oldies station. I played a song by Buddy Holly and said something about the day the music died and then this thought came into my head. Oh well, not trying to ramble just wanted to throw this idea out....

Guest Bolton
Awesome idea! Now we have to find someone to take up the mantle of the American hero for the rest of the 80's! (I am SO going to push Roddy Piper in this mod)

[QUOTE=Bolton;480633]Awesome idea! Now we have to find someone to take up the mantle of the American hero for the rest of the 80's! (I am SO going to push Roddy Piper in this mod)[/QUOTE] Who better to be an American hero than a Canadian who thinks he's a Scotsman? It's a shame Hillbilly Jim dies too, because he would've been my pick. :D

A very intresting list you chose for the people who died. All over the board with main eventers and jobbers. It will be intresting to see how the world of wrestling would have turned out without guys like roberts and hogan and andre. Plus guys like hart would never have gotten his start in the hart fondation, paul roma never would have ruined the horseman ;). Very intresting idea man.

[QUOTE=Sagitta;482139]Scanning over that list, the ripple effect would be tremendous. No Danny Davis - no OVW [/QUOTE] Wrong Danny Davis. Judging from the list, it's all WWF guys. The OVW Davis would of been an indy guy working as a masked Nightmare on the southern circuit working Memphis, Nashville, Littlerock, etc.. The Davis in the list would more then likely be the evil ref "Dangerous" Danny, that was affiliated with the Hart Foundation.

[QUOTE=mad5226;482776]Ricky Steamboat could finally reach his real potential without Hogan using his political pull to hold him back[/QUOTE] flair, steamboat and dusty rhodes would prob make it to the wwf main event scene. flair and rhodes obviously would be guys vince would want and need. flair is an overal package. and dusty is better than hogan when it comes to charisma and mic skills. maybe vince would stick him in the crappy pokeadot gimmick :) they could hire sting to be an up in coming star. i can see it now double wrestlemania main event ric flair vs dusty rhodes for the wwf world title wwf ic title randy savage vs steamboat sting and bret hart vs bam bam bigilow and the one man gang

[QUOTE=Sagitta;482139]Scanning over that list, the ripple effect would be tremendous. No Danny Davis - no OVW No Jim Neidhart - no Hart Foundation No Jake the Snake - no Poster Boy for drug abuse in wrestling That's just the obvious ones that jump out at me.[/QUOTE] Not to mention the passing of Harley Race would either push out, or drastically change the styles of those who trained under him, including the Dibiase's, Trevor Murdoch, and Daniel Cross.

Archived