WWE Summerslam

The Shape

[QUOTE=Togg;481462][*]Santino and Phoenix va Mickie and Kofi, well am i the only one who worships Santino and Beth? come on these two are great. Beth is possibly the best in ring female wrestler ever, well her of Melina.[/QUOTE] Did you hear that sound? That was Remianen dying. You just killed Remianen. And the Easter Bunny. Are you happy now?

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;481507]Did you hear that sound? That was Remianen dying. You just killed Remianen. And the Easter Bunny. Are you happy now?[/QUOTE] I can see Togg's point though. In terms of national exposure, Beth will definitely go down as one of the most dominant women's wrestlers ever. If Cheerleader Melissa/Raisha Saeed was in the wwe and receiving a push as the most skilled women's wrestler in the world, I bet she would definitely be remembered by the average wrestling fan as well, a demographic in which the IWC doesn't usually fit in.

Really enjoyed this show, nothing seemed out of place but for the ECW title match. The ambiguity of shelton's presence makes the ending of the opener interesting, though following that I don't know what to make of Beth/Santino winning. Their angle is awesome already so as long as the titles add something to it (like defending each other's belts) and Kofi still gets used plenty it'll be a good move. The ECW title match I kinda understand...it's easy to say do something like that on TV but this way it gets way more exposure and potential Hardy involvement would boost ratings. It's just a matter of whether Jeff is focused on this or on the MVP/Shelton stuff, the latter makes more sense but I would love him to face Matt in an extreme rules match for the title some time, so long as there's proper buildup so it doesn't flop like their smackdown bout a few weeks ago. The two title matches were good for what they were, Punk got a big win at last though I think that mighta been cut short by his head wound, either way he looked great in there. Khali/Trips was tolerable as well I thought, had more of a story to it than prior Khali matches but I don't know how many more times they can knock this guy down with clean losses only to build him back up as a threat out of nowhere and get away with it. Just have him give Noble his final giant killing victory and be done with it, haha. And then...the main event. The cage breaking and table smashing spears were awesome and I enjoyed it overall, though I did feel the ending was a bit of an anti-climax...just four moves in a row and bye bye. The tombstone reversals and so on during his HIAC with Orton were so much better. And then he apparently killed him off in the end...really interested to see where Edge goes from here as I guess Taker will be facing Trips. Oh and the Jericho/HBK seg...I still love this feud to bits. He hit his wife dammit! The reactions were priceless, this story is so much more meaningful, so much more personal than anything else right now.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;481609]So, Jericho apparently gave Whisper a fat lip from that punch last night. Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho landed a stiff fist for the first time in his career and it was against a woman. Go figure...[/QUOTE] Luckily, the stiff punch made it awesome.

What a truly disappointing Summerslam. I didn't like it for the most part. Really average, even below-average PPV matches except the last two, but both were still disappointing. I just hated the end of the Taker vs. Edge. Edge seemed to lose so easy.. But props to Edge who made that feud that good. All the hype, all the things that gave that storyline the awesome heat it had is because of Edge. Also, I was really disappointed about how the HIAC structure was not used. HIAC needs to have a really big bump sooner than later, or it will lose it's meaning and high prestige as a match type. All the HIACs have gone worser every year.. This was just a normal street fight with few good spots in it. We need a new Mankind. :)

[QUOTE]We need a new Mankind. [/QUOTE] Sadly enough, in this new WWE-era... I don't see it coming along. If the E is really trying to go ahead with a PG rating then you certainly won't see any sort of huge bumps because that wouldn't be "good for the product" and it's "fans". So, those of us, who want to see the HIAC booked as a "almost career ending" match... Probably won't receive such a match. I would love to see a new risk taking superstar like Mankind come through and put their body on the line, however, also in this new day and age of Safety... The WWE won't probably go ahead and push someone that way. Sadly.

Waaaaay too much is being made of this PG business :rolleyes: Not wanting your workers to kill themselves ain't nothing to do with age ratings, it's to do with common sense. I'm a huge fan of Foley but I don't expect anyone to emulate what he did, nor am I sure I'd want them to. I do think they need to get further out of the cell though, this was a start, but further out and upwards will make it more special. Though, you put Jeff in a HIAC and who knows :D

[QUOTE=justtxyank;481609]So, Jericho apparently gave Whisper a fat lip from that punch last night. Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho landed a stiff fist for the first time in his career and it was against a woman. Go figure...[/QUOTE] What do you mean, first time in his career? Never heard of that story in Japan(or was it Mexico) where he won a match by a stiff punch to the face? :cool:

I like the discourse I have read on here, some really good opinions. I will now throw in my interjections. MVP/Hardy- This was a good match and deserved slightly more time as a match and as a feud to build. Though in this day and age, 1 month is about all an under-card feud gets in the WWE. The general consensus on here is that MVP is now legitimately ready for trips and a title match. I totally agree. Whenever the fed pulls the trigger on it, we are going to see some amazing things out of MVP. Santino- I didn't list the other participants because they didn't matter. Don't get my wrong, I love Kofi's athletic ability and think he will develop into a nice midcard player and Beth is impressive. But this was the Marella show, let's face it. Again I agree with the consensus that the more TV time this guy gets the better, he is one of the most alluring parts of RAW to me as well. ECW- Wow, they took a dump on that one. Storyline builder or not this needed something more. It was Matt's time to go over, and that is coming from somebody who DOES NOT care much for Matt Hardy. Y2J/HBK- I believe I am in the minority as somebody who completely loved this segment. I am kind of old school and like a nice slow building, long-lasting program and this was the perfect segment for such a feud. I am really getting the impression that HBK is re-paying Y2J for all of the times he put Michaels over in the past and in the end of this thing, a torch will be passed. Y2J's heel work in the past two months has been the best WWE has seen, along with Edge, in the past 2-3 years. I get chills watching the two of them faceoff in the ring. THE TWO VERY BEST WORKERS IN WWE TODAY. Y2J is the number one reason I watch RAW. Punk/JBL- A good match and I agree that Punk made JBL look good when in actuality it probably should have been the other way around seeing as JBL is the vet doing the job. There were some good spots in the match and while Punk isn't as over as Cena or Batista, by the end of matches he gets the fans as behind him as they are for the two I just mentioned. I do however fear that Batista will now step into the title picture and that spells big trouble for Punk's popularity and title reign. HHH/Khali- I hate both of them, and could have done without this match. Trips looked like he was wrestling himself. Cena/Batista- I was really unhappy about this match taking place at Slam. I mean these two deserved a much longer build to a match that seemingly declared the top dog in the company. It is main event quality on most cards but because of the short build it took a backseat to HIC. Still, feeling like I wouldn't care for the match I really got pumped when those two hit the ring. I realized poor build or not, it was going to be a memorable showdown. Considering their wrestling limitations, the great psychology of Batista turned this into a very good match. I was on the edge of my seat but the conclusion as I am a mark for a great finisher fest. I was glad to see Dave get the win and I think he now moves on to mess up Punk. As for Cena, I think he is better served doing some jobs for now as it makes his competition look better and gets the fans off of his back for never losing. Eventually he will go on a rampage to get involved in the title picture again. HIC- Everyone is going to think I am nuts but this one didn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, it was a brutal, physical, enjoyable match to watch but in this instance knowing the Undertaker would win spoiled it for me. Edge did such great work building up to this thing that I really wanted him to go over but I also knew that wouldn't make sense. I think this was a very rare case of Edge doing such great work that the storyline backfired. This should be their blowoff and I'm not sure where either goes from here. I love Edge, but I really don't want to see him in the title picture for a while. Maybe he can feud with La Familia or something. I think Taker is completely up int he air as he and H would be great but I think I want to see MVP in the title picture so bad that H and Taker would bore me.

Thinking about it now I don't mind waiting on MVP, he has unfinished business with Shelton and Jeff in my eyes and as the talker in that feud he could elevate it a lot. I'd like to see Trips feud with Taker as they haven't faced off in years and I think following the HIAC ending Taker could keep going further and further and make it fresh gimmick wise, as I don't think Trips ever feuded with the Deadman gimmick. Also don't think Batista will face Punk...it makes no sense to have Punk go over then Batista beat Cena then a month later feud with Punk again one on one, especially as I think Punk's title reign proper begins here, he has been legitimized and I think he'll hold it for a good while yet. Awesome 2 minute promo on WWE.com by him while being stitched up incidentally, he's so freakin natural on the mic and so on. xD Oh and Haz let me guess, it was in his book? :P

The thing is... what does Batista do now? Anything beyond going after Punk will look like he's obviously avoiding him... unless he gets caught up in the Y2J/HBK thing, Punk's the obvious place for him to go. Predictions: Punk vs Kane tonight, with Rey-Rey run-in, Batista getting involved in Y2J/HBK, leaving Cena nothing to do but continue his losing streak against Punk. JBL, hopefully, re-retires. Or heads to Smackdown. Either way, get him off Mondays.

Archived