WWE Summerslam

The Shape

So uh...it's tonight, lol. I'm looking forward to this show because the two main events really interest me. Edge/Taker HIAC could - well SHOULD - be absolutely fantastic and I'd LOVE Edge to go over, meanwhile Cena/Batista is one of the first big matches in a while whereby despite not really caring who wins, I'm generally intruiged by who will. The title matches aren't of the same standard, though Punk/JBL has a decent angle behind it following Raw, and lower down the card the mixed tag and MVP/Jeff should be good. If MVP wins here I think he can be a legit contender for Trips in the very near future.

[QUOTE=The Shape;481170]So uh...it's tonight, lol. I'm looking forward to this show because the two main events really interest me. Edge/Taker HIAC could - well SHOULD - be absolutely fantastic and I'd LOVE Edge to go over[/QUOTE] I hope you mean go "over" the edge (pun intended) of the cell and not "over" as in beat 'Taker?! :eek:

I disagree....I think Edge will definitely be taking the fall here, but I may be wrong. To me Taker needs this win coming off his "forced retirement" or else HE will look useless. Unless there is a major swerve and Vickie helps Edge he will take the loss here. And I don't think MVP needs the win just yet. Jeff however could use it. This is the first step in his quest towards the gold which will probably be long and drawn out (im hoping they go to mania with it for another Eddie/Benoit style feel good moment). MVP however is perfect where he is for now. He can take losses to guys to help them move up the card while staying strong and over with his talk show segments. The guy barely wrestles as it is. He is alot like Joe Sexy in SWF (as many people I've read here use him). Although IMO, MVP should have turned face and done the overcoming demons storyline himself. His story is far more remarkable. And Jeff is a little unreliable, but I suppose if he truly has changed and they draw his angle out until wrestlemania instead of blowing their load early they can really test his reliability before putting the strap on him.

[QUOTE=The Shape;481294]But MVP has legit main event credibilities...Joe Sexy doesn't :o[/QUOTE] I know that was sarcastic. I believe what he meant by MVP is that he can become main event anytime they need him too. Everyone Can't be Main Event, and so helping other's get to where he is, is definately a pluss right now. IF he can get Jeff over him, believably, then Jeff glides into the Main Event, provided of course he doesn't blow it.

[QUOTE=Midnightnick;481401]That's a lie. I made Joe Sexy a household name, 2 Time SWF Heavyweight Champion. He has credentials.[/QUOTE] Depends on what the "Random" potential ends up giving him. Destiny stat and all... So sometimes Yeah, sometimes no. I find that if I adjust them all to be 100% popularity, high potential, and loyal to me... I can easily win this silly game (Just kidding).

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;481455]I'd like to talk about the show, I don't see why we should make a new thread to say "Spoiler's" In it though.... when this one already is here. Maybe we can type something like... FROM THIS POINT ON SPOILERS or something?[/QUOTE] There you go.

MY View on WWE SummerSlam [LIST] [*]MVP vs Jeff, great match but rushed i think. these two should be given more time and possibly the US championship to fight over.[/LIST] [LIST] [*]Santino and Phoenix va Mickie and Kofi, well am i the only one who worships Santino and Beth? come on these two are great. Beth is possibly the best in ring female wrestler ever, well her of Melina. As for Santino he is pure genius. What ever Jim Cornette said about him he can shuv up his ***. Santino is one of the reasons i tune into Raw every week[/LIST] [LIST] [*]Matt vs Henry, cant say much about this other than what its possibly setting up. lets stay tuned to ECW for that[/LIST] [LIST] [*]HBK Speach. OK i think its about time this got dropped. everyone knows its past its sell buy date. HBK and Y2J are amazing workers in and out of the ring but the story is dragging terribly[/LIST] [LIST] [*]CM Punk vs JBL, i must admit i wasnt a fan of Punk but i am warming to him. JBL may not be the best wrestler but he looked good in this match i think and he is a great heel. from 1 half of the APA to JBL "wrestling god". i was rooting for him but lets hope he eventually gets that gold[/LIST] [LIST] [*]Triple H vs Khali, wa i the only 1 who found this a drag? i cant believe im saying that about a match with HHH but my god i was wishing it to end[/LIST] [LIST] [*]Am i the only one thinking Cena is in the dog house? [*]Night of Champions, HHH vs Cena = Looses [*]Great American Bash, JBL vs Cena = Looses [*]Raw, Ted and Cody vs Batista and Cena = Looses and takes the pin [*]SummerSlam, Batista vs Cena = Looses [*]for a man who won non stop for soooooo long whats happened? he's gone from unbeatable to almost jobbing for the big names.[/LIST] [LIST] [*]Taker vs Edge, im so glad this was the main event. when ever Edge or Taker is in a match im watching but i have to say this match was amazing. i almost wanted it not to end. Speaking of the end, that was one great ending.[/LIST]

Before I get to commenting on Togg's post, I'm going to say what I wanted to comment about first. Undertaker vs. Edge. I watched the match KNOWING taker was going to win. I started laughing my butt off when Edge started turning it into a TLC match.. I think the term is "I marked out for Edge". I legitimately towards the end almost felt like he was going to pull it off. Remember, I KNEW Taker was going to win... No way was he losing his "Re-Debut" match. I couldn't help myself though, and I find myself being a pretty good Undertaker fan, definately over Edge, but not this time for some reason. So giving credit where credit is due... In a matter of three weeks Edge made me believe he was going to go all out in this match, and That "I understand" right before putting that chair on Taker and through the table's (exactly like he did to Foley) was gold to me. [QUOTE=Togg;481462]MY View on WWE SummerSlam [LIST] [*]MVP vs Jeff, great match but rushed i think. these two should be given more time and possibly the US championship to fight over.[/LIST][/QUOTE] I think of MVP very highly. I don't know if I can get into a full fledged fued with him and another Hardy, just because they are brother's. In all honesty, I would like to see an eventual Face Change for MVP. I think he has something just waiting to explode. I don't know what it is, maybe it's that "X" factor we put into TEW, who knows. He has the same type of skills I'm going to talk about with the Punk comments, although he does it differently. [QUOTE=Togg;481462][LIST] [*]Santino and Phoenix va Mickie and Kofi, well am i the only one who worships Santino and Beth? come on these two are great. Beth is possibly the best in ring female wrestler ever, well her of Melina. As for Santino he is pure genius. What ever Jim Cornette said about him he can shuv up his ***. Santino is one of the reasons i tune into Raw every week[/LIST][/QUOTE] Santino is one of the reasons I bother watching Raw as well.. And I keep hoping to see Snuka Jr. do something different... The Diva's are nice to. Santino can make me laugh long after his segments are over, so I guess I completely aggree with you for the most part. I do think Beth flubs up allot of the "Power" moves though. However, she has been growing on me ever since she hooked up with Santino. [QUOTE=Togg;481462][LIST] [*]Matt vs Henry, cant say much about this other than what its possibly setting up. lets stay tuned to ECW for that[/LIST][/QUOTE] Anything involving Matt, is going to work. I would like to see Matt eventually get that Title, but I don't want the Tony Atlas/Mark Henry team to end. I'm a long time Atlas fan, and I'm seeing him in a new light (if that's possible). So I'm still enjoying ECW the most I believe. [QUOTE=Togg;481462][LIST] [*]HBK Speach. OK i think its about time this got dropped. everyone knows its past its sell buy date. HBK and Y2J are amazing workers in and out of the ring but the story is dragging terribly[/LIST][/QUOTE] They need to have their conclusive match already. I'm tired of it as well. There has been enough "talk" and "Beatdowns" for three feuds. Time for some ring action. [QUOTE=Togg;481462][LIST] [*]CM Punk vs JBL, i must admit i wasnt a fan of Punk but i am warming to him. JBL may not be the best wrestler but he looked good in this match i think and he is a great heel. from 1 half of the APA to JBL "wrestling god". i was rooting for him but lets hope he eventually gets that gold[/LIST][/QUOTE] To me Punk is great in the ring. He makes his opponants appear to be stronger, tougher, faster, etc... then they really are. I watch these things in match's, and probably dissagree with a good many people on what they consider "good" in the ring. To me it's being able to cover the opponants mistakes (as well as your own), and make things look real. He does a great job at all of that, and for that reason alone I hope he stays with WWE untill retirement. He might not always be a Main Eventer, but he will always be able to make other's look good. [QUOTE=Togg;481462][LIST] [*]Triple H vs Khali, wa i the only 1 who found this a drag? i cant believe im saying that about a match with HHH but my god i was wishing it to end[/LIST][/QUOTE]No... This was a bad match up in my opinion. Bad Chemistry, bad something... Both of them need to work on making the other guy look good more then themselves once in a while. Khali needs to speed up a notch, as he is not "Fat" like other Giants, so it looks a bit odd the way he moves anyways. HHH needs to learn how to make bigger opponants look good against him, this is something I've noticed a few times. Not sure if it's something he can help or not... Might be he just needs to stay within' his weight range or lower to be able to pull off believable match's. [QUOTE=Togg;481462][LIST] [*]Am i the only one thinking Cena is in the dog house? [*]Night of Champions, HHH vs Cena = Looses [*]Great American Bash, JBL vs Cena = Looses [*]Raw, Ted and Cody vs Batista and Cena = Looses and takes the pin [*]SummerSlam, Batista vs Cena = Looses [*]for a man who won non stop for soooooo long whats happened? he's gone from unbeatable to almost jobbing for the big names.[/LIST][/QUOTE] I don't think Cena is in any trouble at all... Honestly I think he's working on another movie at the same time, so he's only their to draw number's right now. He's limited a bit, but you know how Cena is... he can't stay away so he's going to be there no matter how many "extra" jobs he is doing. I don't know if this is planned or not, but as a side effect, he's also making other wrestler's look incredibly strong. He always looks like it "HURTS" unlike his opponant in this match... I mean, don't get me wrong, Batista can sell the heck out of a worked leg (and he did), but while it was being hurt, I wasn't buying into what he was selling, not even a small amount. I didn't think for a minute he was gong to tap out, because it looked like he was more annoyed that Cena was on top of him, then how much it hurted being in that position. Kennedy sold it well, but Batista, although the after effects were done great... I don't know. Cena is like Opposite. He does great at making everything look like it hurts, but the effects seem to get lost in there later in the match. I know he is supposed to work it out, but DANG man... Have to sell it longer, and make it look like you worked it out somewhat before ignoring it completely. Other then that, I think Cena is incredible, if not over-exagerated in putting other's over. [QUOTE=Togg;481462][LIST] [*]Taker vs Edge, im so glad this was the main event. when ever Edge or Taker is in a match im watching but i have to say this match was amazing. i almost wanted it not to end. Speaking of the end, that was one great ending.[/LIST][/QUOTE] I thought two of the choke slams looked to much like Edge throwing himself, as it looked as though Taker wasn't ready for him to go yet, lol.. That match was awesome though. This is the Edge I like to watch. I know it would get old after a few months of it, but I cannot wait to see how they work out Raw tomorrow after that match.

Overall, I didn't think it was a bad show. I mean, for a card that I considered to be fairly weak, it delivered more than I expected. Case in point - MVP vs. Hardy. A solid match, sets up a triangle feud for the US title (I assume) and considering time constraints (as the show did go 2:45 or so), they fit in more than enough story to keep me interested. And MVP's reversal of the elevator dropkick, and Hardy's subsequent head over heels roll across the ring ... genius! The Glamorella match was good. The set up was great. And the whole Beth yelling "You're ruining this for me" followed by Santino jumping in her arms? I don't ever see Santino becoming a cornerstone of the company, but his entertainment value just explodes each and every week. I can't really comment on the Hardy/Henry match. It's not lack of want, it's just that I got up to get a drink, and by the time I sat back down again, it was over. The HBK announcement thing actually worked for me. I thought it added a whole new dynamic to their feud. And I dunno if it was done by the medics helping her, or if she jerked when Jericho swung, but that lip was huge! I'm so glad that CM Punk got a "legit" win. I say that because, other than Snitsky, I don't think he's been able to do that. DQ's and distractions and whatnot. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Punk's, but without the legit win, I kept finding myself waiting for the one guy who would face him, and didn't allow him to luck into a victory. The HHH/Khali match was ... awkward? I don't think I can really expand on that. It's like dj said, it's just a mismatch of styles, with two guys who aren't comfortable working with the other man's pace. I'm a little surprised by the definitive ending to the Cena/Batista match. I kind of expected something questionable, so they could milk it, but I guess that's not the case. At least not yet. However, as someone with bad knees, that zooming in on Batista's leg touching his shoulder blade was completely unwarranted. lol And now for the main event. I remember reading in Foley's book, when he talked about his HiaC match 10 years ago, how he's watched it on tape, and said J.R. made that match what it was because of his commentary. `Taker/Edge is always a solid match, but I think J.R. and Tazz definitely helped put it over the top. Between the action in the ring, and how they called it, I found myself becoming enveloped in the reality of it. The older man in me, who knows what he knows, was quieted, and the kid in me bubbled up, getting giddy when the cage wall fell. I knew the chokeslam was coming when Edge tried to steal Old School, but I still got up on my feet when Edge turned that side of the ring into a lumber yard. I'm not saying that it's the greatest match to ever occur, but between the two elements, I think it's one of the better ones I've seen in awhile.

I watched the whole PPV for a change, and was mildly surprised, being a Matt Hardy fan that I am I was extremely dissapointed how that match went down but it just leads on I guess. Anyone ever notice how thick Henrys beard is? Its awesome. Speaking of awesome, Santino. The guy is so loud and the mics and cameras pick it all up. "Ring the bell, ring the bell we win!" during a chinlock? I seriously lol'd at that. Im also a fan of the victory lap he did at Raw...not to mention his interviews are gold...Manscaping? Glamarella?! Gold. Batista vs Cena and the Trips match both bored me. I dont care for any of the guys in those matches except for Triple H. Hell In A Cell. Is that a new cell? Well looks like they got the cage breaking off the post fixed, but looks like they have a new design flaw where the whole section falls out. As much money as WWE has you think they could make a cell that would hold up. It was an exciting match, but the ending was horrible. Anybody else feel bad for Hornswaggles house being cast into a blaze? The whole after the match ruined it for me. CM Punk is growing on me, it was nice to see him get a clean win over an established guy like JBL. MVP vs Hardy was a solid bout that I enjoyed, and was decent enough way to start the show. Its kinda rambled, but theres my thoughts.

Archived