Random thoughts about wrestling

DaMegaFish

Okay, there are a few things in wrestling that drive me nuts so I think im going to just start to use this forum to Vent. First, Championship Scramble...first off, let me get this straight, 2 guys start the match, and then every 5 mins a new guy enters...from what I understand though, the 20 mins is total for the whole match, so the last guy is basically screwed and only has 5 mins when he gets in there. These matches feel kind of like a rip off when you think your getting 2 20 title matches, 20 mins doesnt seem long enough at all! 30 Mins sounds and looks way more worth it in my opinion, but I guess with enterences and all they need more time. Anyway, something else that bothers me about this match is the whole "first time" thing...didnt the Hardcore Title go through a timed battle royal with kind of the same winning requirements at a Wrestlemania? Blah, enough picking on a match(s) that hasnt happened yet. Next, Wow, okay maybe im not totally done with this Scramble, RAW's looks alright with 5 good names to draw, but Smackdown? I know they are pushing Brian, but he is a HORRIBLE choice for this match at the time. Im just not buying him as a legit contender in this match. Another poor choice IMO is Shelton, he is US champion and just the way he is booked seems a way off from being WWE champion. Maybe this build up to Unforgiven though Jeff can work with Shelton and maybe we could actually see some expansion on what happened at Summerslam since there was NONE on Smackdown. Over to TNA, and "Blue Print" Matt Morgan. If this guy was the blue print he claims to be, I would hope he could have been stronger. He needs a new finisher. He looks tired on everybody he does it to, and with other big guys (Tomko) he looks like he is in even more trouble. Its just not a good move for a finisher, plus, there isnt really too much suspense to it. Dear TNA-Quit wasting AJ Styles and Kurt Angle. Thanks. Dear TNA-How does Sting saving Booker from a snapped (playing Heel at the time to) Joe turn him heel? Quit acting like what he did was shocking, it made sense to me. Dear TNA-Give Curry Man more mic time, but please dont make him do anything with Rock and Rave Infection...as a matter of fact you should just scrap that team. Im sure Ill think of more, just give me time :)

Eh.... the scramble is just so gimmicky it's lame. But I'm a Kendrick mark so... yeah... What pisses me off is that last SD, I don't think there was a single clean match. It's kind of upsetting me with TNA too... Oh, but I like the whole Taker taking on everybody's brother and their mother. But that's just because I like seeing the Undertaker kicking some ass.

The WWE title match I think would have had Kennedy and Umaga in previous to their injuries...now I suspect Big Show will take out Kendrick and take his spot. In fairness the ending to that battle royal was great. And entering last would be an advantage I think, jump in when folk are tired and BAM, drive-by kick :D Something Trips said I didn't get though, he seemed to be implied that even when starting he didn't have to be pinned to lose the title?

[QUOTE=The Shape;485014] Something Trips said I didn't get though, he seemed to be implied that even when starting he didn't have to be pinned to lose the title?[/QUOTE] True I guess: If Triple H and Kendrick open the match, after 5 minutes MVP enters and he pins Kendrick... Trips loses his title.

I enjoy gimmicky crap, so the Scramble sounds like fun to me. Perhaps it doesn't do much logically or legitimately, but... fun. I agree with The Shape in that I think Big Show will probably take The Brian Kendrick's spot, although with me it's more of a fear than a hunch. Nothing against Show, it's just... well... this isn't just any Brian Kendrick we're talking about. The Brian Kendrick is [I]The[/I] Brian Kendrick. I love the name gimmick so much it hurts sometimes. You say TNA should scrap the Rock & Rave Infection. Can I ask why? Feel free to vent more in the future though. Discussion is fun.

Big Show taking out kendrick could lead to something interesting with Big Zeke, who I have to say is getting more and more awesome by the week. I just think that Kendrick needs to be pushed big because Zeke just has the look that will get him over, so eventually people will be dying to see him beat the living daylights out of this snarky little kid he's been solving problems for. Don't want to see that for quite some time though xD

[QUOTE=Self;485115]I enjoy gimmicky crap, so the Scramble sounds like fun to me. Perhaps it doesn't do much logically or legitimately, but... fun. I agree with The Shape in that I think Big Show will probably take The Brian Kendrick's spot, although with me it's more of a fear than a hunch. Nothing against Show, it's just... well... this isn't just any Brian Kendrick we're talking about. The Brian Kendrick is [I]The[/I] Brian Kendrick. I love the name gimmick so much it hurts sometimes. You say TNA should scrap the Rock & Rave Infection. Can I ask why? Feel free to vent more in the future though. Discussion is fun.[/QUOTE] Rock & Rave, now I dont see EVERY episode of everything, but every time I see these guys they look stupid and get almost no heat...if they are getting heat it has to be X-Pac heat. Also, I thought Rave could have been a decent addition to the X division without this stupid gimmick where they umm...rock out on Guitar Hero? So much that they must think their wireless controlers are always plugged in...Right. Also, what happened with Hoyt? He was getting over with fans in the Impact Zone as just a big guy who could do some things off the top rope, and people were actually enjoying him. I actually figured he would have gotten to the Main Event by now, but nope he got tagged with a horrible gimmick with a team that seems to be going no where but was given Hemme because she is loud. If the gimmick was working better, I would support it but its just dead, at least in my opinion. Also, Im not saying I dont like Kendrick, and I did love the ending of the battle royal...Im not sure on the year, but didnt Maven get whooped bad in a Royal Rumble once without going over the top? I always want those guys to come back and win when that happens because they can claim they were never eliminated :) Back to Kendrick, I dont see him being able to draw yet. Sure, give him a body gaurd and get him over, but rush like this is not going to do it right.

I like the Guitar Hero thing. Again, perhaps it's just my love of gimmicky crap talking, but I think it gives them some colour, something more interesting than just being a big guy/little guy combo. I'll admit they don't have heat, but I think that's largely to do with the fact that they've constantly been treated like scrubs, and have never actually done anything. You get heat by doing heel-ish things, while Rock & Rave are just 'being' heels. They exist in the heel role, but aren't given anything to do to get them over. They need a storyline, or a succession of wins. They are just colourful jobbers, and although I'd take that over bland jobbers any day, they aren't fulfilling their potential right now. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater though. Just bad (perhaps intentional) booking.

The Brian Kendrick with his Bodyguard, and his gimmick, is going to solidify himself into the low end of the card, for years to come... with his bodyguard making out the best from all this silliness. He looks really bad, I'm sorry. He is what my wife calls "Icky" looking, like the kid that is always picking his nose. He needs to lose this gimmick, because it looks as if he wants to hold hands with the competition (and perhaps a movie?), rather then have a match. [B] Road Agent note: Brian Kendrick is really off his game right now. Ezekial looks great out there.[/B]

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;485348]The Brian Kendrick with his Bodyguard, and his gimmick, is going to solidify himself into the low end of the card, for years to come... with his bodyguard making out the best from all this silliness. He looks really bad, I'm sorry. He is what my wife calls "Icky" looking, like the kid that is always picking his nose. He needs to lose this gimmick, because it looks as if he wants to hold hands with the competition (and perhaps a movie?), rather then have a match. [B] Road Agent note: Brian Kendrick is really off his game right now. Ezekial looks great out there.[/B][/QUOTE] He won't ever get real heat from this, no one cares about him at all.. Ezekial is going to make out like a bandit in this.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;485348]The Brian Kendrick with his Bodyguard, and his gimmick, is going to solidify himself into the low end of the card, for years to come... with his bodyguard making out the best from all this silliness. He looks really bad, I'm sorry. He is what my wife calls "Icky" looking, like the kid that is always picking his nose. He needs to lose this gimmick, because it looks as if he wants to hold hands with the competition (and perhaps a movie?), rather then have a match. [B] Road Agent note: Brian Kendrick is really off his game right now. Ezekial looks great out there.[/B][/QUOTE] Man... I find your hating on The Brian Kendrick shockingly fierce. You speak in absolutes, while stating only opinions. He's not perfect, but give it some time before you write it off completely. Maybe it's just me and my penchant for the gimmicky side of wrasslin', but I'm enjoying this new character. "Icky" looking doesn't strike me as a problem if he's a heel. "Holding hands" seems fine to me too, the gay gimmick is a tried and tested way of getting heat, as much as it pains me that my fellow wrestling fans think that way. If Brian Kendrick is cemented in the 'low end of the card', I don't think it's going to be because of the gimmick. I think it's going to be because [I]he's Brian Kendrick[/I]. He's like 180lbs soaking wet. It's only once in a blue moon that someone of that size will be able to transcend into the Heavyweight title picture. Vanilla Kendrick was never going to transcend (opinion based on the last 3-4 years of WWE). [I]The[/I] Brian Kendrick however... okay, it's still slim to none, but you never know. I think he would have made a great Cruiserweight champion in this guise... /sigh. P.S. I like Ezekial, but the dude needs an impressive move. Torture Rack & Shoulder Tackle aren't doing it for me. P.P.S. If the gimmick does nothing but get Ezekial over, then it's still a success, because someone got over. Kendrick could just be the means to an end, and seeing as he's getting more TV time than ever before, I'm sure he's happy about that.

[QUOTE=Self;485368]Man... I find your hating on The Brian Kendrick shockingly fierce. You speak in absolutes, while stating only opinions. He's not perfect, but give it some time before you write it off completely. Maybe it's just me and my penchant for the gimmicky side of wrasslin', but I'm enjoying this new character. "Icky" looking doesn't strike me as a problem if he's a heel. "Holding hands" seems fine to me too, the gay gimmick is a tried and tested way of getting heat, as much as it pains me that my fellow wrestling fans think that way. If Brian Kendrick is cemented in the 'low end of the card', I don't think it's going to be because of the gimmick. I think it's going to be because [I]he's Brian Kendrick[/I]. He's like 180lbs soaking wet. It's only once in a blue moon that someone of that size will be able to transcend into the Heavyweight title picture. Vanilla Kendrick was never going to transcend (opinion based on the last 3-4 years of WWE). [I]The[/I] Brian Kendrick however... okay, it's still slim to none, but you never know. I think he would have made a great Cruiserweight champion in this guise... /sigh. P.S. I like Ezekial, but the dude needs an impressive move. Torture Rack & Shoulder Tackle aren't doing it for me. P.P.S. If the gimmick does nothing but get Ezekial over, then it's still a success, because someone got over. Kendrick could just be the means to an end, and seeing as he's getting more TV time than ever before, I'm sure he's happy about that.[/QUOTE] Your concentrating on the one thing I'm not talking about. I Hate the Gimmick, not Kendricks. I like Kendricks, and this gimmick is killing me... I would totally push a different gimmick with him, one that would fit, not look like he's wearing a couple shoe size's too small. I'm afraid this gimmick is going to lose him completely, instead of doing what it's supposed to do. I'm annoyed that they keep going on with it, because he is much better then this. It's a step backwards in his development. I don't mind him being a heel at all. That's not my problem with him. Ezekial doesn't have the mic skills, or from what I've seen so far, the in ring talent that Kendricks has, so to me it's going to enhance the wrong person. DO NOT TAKE THIS AS ME HATING ON BRIAN. It's not about him, it's about the gimmick. "Icky" as in "Turn that channel till he's gone" is how I meant that. That was her exact words "If you want me to watch this with me, don't put me through that!" EDIT: She liked him and London before this. She likes MVP, Kennedy, etc.. It's not about him being a HEEL, the gimmick just SUCKS FOR HIM. He could do a great HBK, Flair, or something, I don't care. Get this thing off his back, because he is irritating to the point of making me consider not watching Smackdown anymore. Personally... This is the ONE HUGE FLAW I feel that the WWE has. They don't fit gimmicks onto worker's, instead the fit worker's into gimmicks. Like a Movie role that has to be filled "Throw Kendrick in there, we need this gimmick for the storyline!". They should look at the performer and create a gimmick that he can do, not one he obviously CANNOT do. It makes him look bad. The crowd don't don't even react to him... It's like "Oh, there is Kendrick... "Yea..." wait, he's a bad guy right? "Boo..." bah, nevermind, he sucks. He does not suck, he has great potential, everyone can see that. He's just in a sucky situation right now. I hope when it fails him, they don't go "Oh well, we TRIED, but he couldn't come through!" Because I fault them, not him.

[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;484955]Okay, there are a few things in wrestling that drive me nuts so I think im going to just start to use this forum to Vent. First, Championship Scramble...first off, let me get this straight, 2 guys start the match, and then every 5 mins a new guy enters...from what I understand though, the 20 mins is total for the whole match, so the last guy is basically screwed and only has 5 mins when he gets in there. These matches feel kind of like a rip off when you think your getting 2 20 title matches, 20 mins doesnt seem long enough at all! 30 Mins sounds and looks way more worth it in my opinion, but I guess with enterences and all they need more time. Anyway, something else that bothers me about this match is the whole "first time" thing...didnt the Hardcore Title go through a timed battle royal with kind of the same winning requirements at a Wrestlemania? Blah, enough picking on a match(s) that hasnt happened yet.[/quote] I haven't seen enough of this, so can't really comment... Haven't seen a great deal of wrestling lately... [quote]Next, Wow, okay maybe im not totally done with this Scramble, RAW's looks alright with 5 good names to draw, but Smackdown? I know they are pushing Brian, but he is a HORRIBLE choice for this match at the time. Im just not buying him as a legit contender in this match. Another poor choice IMO is Shelton, he is US champion and just the way he is booked seems a way off from being WWE champion. Maybe this build up to Unforgiven though Jeff can work with Shelton and maybe we could actually see some expansion on what happened at Summerslam since there was NONE on Smackdown.[/quote] Kendrick would appear rather quick. I don't know, from the little I've seen of it I would give them praise for giving Kendrick something that allows him to progress in the singles competition, but I don't buy The Brian Kendrick. He doesn't play the heel well for me. It's like he doesn't know ho to pull it off. I mean, fo rme John Morrison looks like a heel. He looks like he's arrogant and he knows it. He has a certain style to him. Kendrick looks like he's uncomfortable with the jacket thing, and he looks like cherry cola in the face. He just doesn't hit me as a heel and I can't buy it. [quote]Over to TNA, and "Blue Print" Matt Morgan. If this guy was the blue print he claims to be, I would hope he could have been stronger. He needs a new finisher. He looks tired on everybody he does it to, and with other big guys (Tomko) he looks like he is in even more trouble. Its just not a good move for a finisher, plus, there isnt really too much suspense to it. [/quote] Actually, I quite like it. It involves a bit of skill, and I think it sells it ok. [quote]Dear TNA-Quit wasting AJ Styles and Kurt Angle. Thanks.[/quote] Admittedly I haven't seen the last few weeks, but I liked the Styles/Angle premise. Firstly, it needs to go a while. I used to love the old days where a feud went for 6 months, my favourite feuds when I think through them are ones that had such intricate plots and twists that they just ran, and ran, and ran, but you never got bored. I think this is allowing Styles to be showcased as a genuine superstar, everyone outside of TNA knows Kurt Angle is a fully fledged champion, and I see this as a way to get Styles over. He doesn't even need to be consistently winning, he just needs to get the big wins. The only thing that does disturb me is AJ on the mic, I don't think he can cut a decent promo. He sounds like he's out of East Tennessee... which isn't the character he's trying to cut. I mean James Storm sounds a bit like that, but that's his character. [quote]Dear TNA-How does Sting saving Booker from a snapped (playing Heel at the time to) Joe turn him heel? Quit acting like what he did was shocking, it made sense to me.[/quote] Haven't seen this again, but is it true they're sorta rehashing the Millionaires Club thing? I'm guessing because frankly Booker is playing the heel, although he's kinda getting over because he has a sense of humour and can play a crowd, whereas Joe is supposedly the fac... ahhh, forget it, I don't buy it. Joe should be the heel. He should say... NOTHING. Unless it's a quick one liner delivered with sheer intensity. His vignettes should be of TNA training kids being pummeled with Muscle Busters, and then forcing them to take it again even though their bodies are limp. At the moment, I think Booker can go as a comical face, Sting is a revered face, Nash again comical face... get the Millionaires Club as faces, bring the new blood up as heels. WCW had it right, except they couldn't execute it due to the politics. [quote]Dear TNA-Give Curry Man more mic time, but please dont make him do anything with Rock and Rave Infection...as a matter of fact you should just scrap that team.[/quote] I just want to see more of Curry Man full stop. Frankly, I like what he is. And I don't think Daniels should be jobbing as him. I want to see fluke wins and him be like "whrrooo me?" "Rike I wron?"... Rock and Rave... it ain't working. People see it for what it is. Childish. And it doesn't help when they're jobbing with ease every week. The things I want to see from TNA: [LIST] [*]The tag straps on the MotorCity Machine Guns. They remind me a little of the Rockers in that that are genuinely exciting, and they can play the underdogs as required. And from them down the track I reckon you'll find a genuine singles star (ala Michaels). [*]Start having the Guru trap Jay Lethal. I mean, I like their feud, it's given two good wrestlers a chance to be showcased. But now I want the Guru to I don't know, break the gas line in Lethal's car and stop him from getting to the arena to explain himself to Val... that sorta stuff. And then have a major killer gimmick match-off. [*]I want an end to the Eric Young-Super Eric thing. I mean I know kayfabe and believability went out so long ago, but to me it just mocks the whole industry... Kids, this is not real [*]Gimme more Velvet Sky, on the box (either television or the other one), she's cute as hell ;-) [*]Push Christian from the upper midcard to the main event. Christian and Joe would be awesome. [/LIST]

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;485387]Your concentrating on the one thing I'm not talking about.[/QUOTE] I don't think I am. You seem to be saying that Kendrick is great, but the gimmick is destroying his chances at becoming something. I'm saying that before he took on this gimmick, he was nothing. A fine high flyer, sure, but he had no chance at being taken seriously as a main event player. Too small. Too stale. I am defending the gimmick. I'm not saying it's perfect, and I'll freely admit to the fact I'm probably slightly blinded by my fanboyish squeals at seeing Kendrick playing a character instead of just being himself, but Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes time for someone to get over, and let's face it, Kendrick was basically starting from 0. MVP didn't just turn up, win matches for 4 weeks, and be over. He had feuds, with Kane and Benoit and Matt, he had time to settle into his character, for fans to buy into his character, and now MVP is awesome. I've said before that I didn't like the sudden change to this new persona. I'd have preferred a month or so of him transitioning from plain old happy Brian Kendrick to The Brian Kendrick. I'd also prefer he had better writers working on his promo stuff. I'd prefer to see his backstage, interacting with other members of the roster. I'm not 100% ecstatic about it, but I'm happy to sit back and see what's going to happen. Could be good. Could be bad. In my opinion, it's better than him being plain old Brian Kendrick. I agree that WWE tends to fit people to the roles they need, and that often this doesn't work. I'm not convinced [I]The[/I] Brian Kendrick is going to fail though. If he doesn't immediately lose his scramble spot to Big Show, and has some interactions with Jeff and Trips, perhaps he'll get some heat. All in all, I like the gimmick. I think it has potential.

A third scramble match coming from ECW? Ooh wonderful. Did anyone else rofl at Summerslam when the announcers said "Up next is our ECW Main Event" wasn't that the only ECW match on the card? Jericho and HBK is boring me to no end. Cenas out? Maybe he is a little injury prone? Speaking of Cena, can someone explain to me how his gimmick shifted from generic blue chipper to rapper to Superman to marine wannabe? I don't get it. So the RAW Scramble got changed to have Rey instead of Cena, Ive never been a big fan of Rey and I was really hoping to see his thing with Kane go more on, but let me get this straight we havent seen Rey on TV in weeks, and now he has a World Heavyweight Title oppertunity? Sweet, maybe Big Daddy V will get a shot at the ECW Title! Actually, the way Big Show whores around from show to show Im surprised he didnt get the shot for the World Heavyweight. Some positives, Im really starting to get into Mike Adamle as GM. He plays the role of a straight honest guy well. Its the lack of character that makes his character. CM Punk now has 2 clean pins over JBL, and its really starting to make him look tough. Beth and Santino still make me laugh. Was Charlie Hass a rib on him? I dont really care, it made me laugh just like when Big Show did the impressions gimmick a few years back. Hopefully Charlie stays with it for a while. WWE is still booking the tag champs to look good, and hopefully it continues. (Except when do talent get to make their matches? Isnt that the GM's job?) Im not going to post "Reviews" of shows but more just thoughts and let people go with it from there.

Couple of notes on your post DaMegaFish. ECW only has a couple draws on the whole brand.. That's Finlay, Hardy, and Henry. The rest are not really draws. Henry barely making it, but they are working him pretty good in my opinion.. "He looks strong out there". Cena: He tweaked his neck somehow, it looks like. That injury sounds like an automobile injury to me. I doubt that Batista is really responsible, but who knows... It was like when they said that Orton hurt him instead of Kennedy. Maybe he just wasn't holding his mouth right? I don't like the Scramble either. Same thoughts about HBK vs. Jericho. Don't know why, but they just make me feel like they are taking up too much time on the show... Quit talking and fight already, let someone else have the mic, will ya! Far as talent making their own match's.... Off and on forever. To add to this though, Adamle said specifically, he wanted to allow people to do what they wanted, and only interfere if things get out of controll. So RAW is still kind of chaotic in that respect.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;486411] Cena: He tweaked his neck somehow, it looks like. That injury sounds like an automobile injury to me. I doubt that Batista is really responsible, but who knows... It was like when they said that Orton hurt him instead of Kennedy. Maybe he just wasn't holding his mouth right? [/QUOTE] Yeah, I know that his being out is supposed to be legit but it seems like he has missed alot of TV time lately getting injured toward the end of last year and now this. Granted, he has been in WWE since 2002 so maybe/hopefully its just a string of bad luck for him.

Poor Cena. From what I hear, it could be bad. Like, 12-14 months bad. Plus with it coming off of the back of the biceps injury, it's a string of bad luck, that... I feel for the guy. Injury prone or not (and he's no more injury prone than Batista, Trips or several other Main Event players) Cena is the biggest bread-winner in the WWE family at the moment. His absence for a protracted period of time certainly isn't going to help business. Although business is pretty good right now. [QUOTE]Speaking of Cena, can someone explain to me how his gimmick shifted from generic blue chipper to rapper to Superman to marine wannabe? I don't get it.[/QUOTE] I can't, because I was only around for Generic to Heel Rapper to Face Rapper, then returned to find him a Marine, but from what I've read, it was all perfectly logical and subtle. Characters are malleable, they go on arcs and change with the times. I'm sure the Marine thing was a reaction to the fightin' men & women in the Army. WWE wanted to honour that, so they had John Cena, ultimate babyface, honouring that. Not sure where the movie fit in though...

Generic blue chipper - debut - turned heel shortly after Rapper - Halloween costume party 2002 - came as Vanilla Ice, a nod to his love of rap music - started cutting rhyming promos Face turn - late 2003 - faced Big Show at WM20 for US title and FU'd him to a massive pop - enter Superman Marine - related to his 2006 movie - wore combat gear/dog tags/saluted - though to late 2006 From the streets - post Marine, chain gang, hanging with Cryme Time I think that's pretty much it - although nowadays I don't think Cena has a specific gimmick as he's ditched most of the merchandise, and is just playing a heroic babyface type role - but a more modern version. He's still good - but he's a wiseass, skirt chasin', no-****-takin' hero...

[QUOTE=James Casey;486710]Generic blue chipper - debut - turned heel shortly after Rapper - Halloween costume party 2002 - came as Vanilla Ice, a nod to his love of rap music - started cutting rhyming promos Face turn - late 2003 - faced Big Show at WM20 for US title and FU'd him to a massive pop - enter Superman Marine - related to his 2006 movie - wore combat gear/dog tags/saluted - though to late 2006 From the streets - post Marine, chain gang, hanging with Cryme Time I think that's pretty much it - although nowadays I don't think Cena has a specific gimmick as he's ditched most of the merchandise, and is just playing a heroic babyface type role - but a more modern version. He's still good - but he's a wiseass, skirt chasin', no-****-takin' hero...[/QUOTE] I still think he is in Marine phase more than anything. (Jersey) I just like how apparently we are supposed to be stupid enough to think that since he was in a movie called The Marine by golly, we should think he is a REAL MARINE! Next thing you know your going to tell me actors can be world champions! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;484955] Dear TNA-[B]Give Curry Man more mic time[/B], but please dont make him do anything with Rock and Rave Infection...as a matter of fact you should just scrap that team.[/QUOTE] IMO, they should get rid of Curry Man and bring back "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. Even though he was the self-proclaimed "Mr. TNA" it totally fit him when he was X champion. Now he's just a sideshow. Bleh!

[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;486761]I still think he is in Marine phase more than anything. (Jersey) I just like how apparently we are supposed to be stupid enough to think that since he was in a movie called The Marine by golly, we should think he is a REAL MARINE! Next thing you know your going to tell me actors can be world champions! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Undertaker doesn't really has Supernatural powers. Deuce & Domino weren't really from the 1950's. Naked Mideon was actually naked. It's wrestling, dude. Just go with it. [QUOTE=ThriceP86] IMO, they should get rid of Curry Man and bring back "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. Even though he was the self-proclaimed "Mr. TNA" it totally fit him when he was X champion. Now he's just a sideshow. Bleh! [/QUOTE] From what I gather, the reason they switched him to Curry Man, was because they had absolutely nothing for The Fallen Angel to do. They had certain guys they wanted in their X-Division. They had certain guys they were pushing to the top. 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels wasn't on either of those lists. I figure he'll be back at some point, when the time is right, and there's a storyline waiting for him. I'm perfectly happy with Curry Man right now.

[QUOTE=Self;486943]Undertaker doesn't really has Supernatural powers. Deuce & Domino weren't really from the 1950's. Naked Mideon was actually naked. It's wrestling, dude. Just go with it. From what I gather, the reason they switched him to Curry Man, was because they had absolutely nothing for The Fallen Angel to do. They had certain guys they wanted in their X-Division. They had certain guys they were pushing to the top. 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels wasn't on either of those lists. I figure he'll be back at some point, when the time is right, and there's a storyline waiting for him. I'm perfectly happy with Curry Man right now.[/QUOTE] Definitely with you here. If you're questioning stuff from the creative angle while you're watching it, it ain't working. You're supposed to be able to just go with the flow of the stories and accept them while they are on your screen or in your arena. If you question after the fact, okay. This is the Internet. That's to be expected at some point. And I like the switch to Curry Man. But for me the reasons you cited are secondary. Probably all valid but secondary. For me it comes now to "Folks have been talking up this gimmick for years and I've been on the wrong side of the country to see it." I'm not on the wrong side of the country anymore and I can see why folks loved to talk up Curry Man. He's fun in that broken English kind of way. Viva la Curry Man.

Archived