Ryan Powell, why wont you get over?

so i have been playing with CGC for 6-7 months now and i must say, Ryan Powell must put on anti-overness spray before every match because he just can't get over. I have had him have 3 matches with each of the DeColts(all A sept for Ricky who i slow pushed to a B-) as well as 2-3 angles with each DeColt. The guy has gone from C- to C and has shown no signs of skills increasing. So while his skills are half decent though nothing really amazing, is he worth keeping around? is he a flop? I got more talented guys arounded who could use his overness but i am worried i will job him and he turns good.

I say stick him the midcard and leave him their until he proves one way or the other. Treat him as a bridge into the upper card until its painfully obvious he isn't gaining skills and overness (hey, he could have a poor potential and/or destiny stats). Maybe try involving him in a storyline and getting him some momentum to see if that lights a fire under his popularity. And if the people who are below him on the card but more talented continue to improve, then start setting them up to jump over him into the upper reaches of the card, and keep him looking strong by getting his wins over the guys you don't plan on pushing anytime soon.

In my last CGC game, Ryan Powell was one of my low-key MVP's, always capable of putting on a quality Main Event with any of my top guys at a moments notice, which was very handy when struggling to come up with a unique TV Main Event after 6 months. His shining moment came when I brought in Dan Stone Jr for a 3-match run. I needed to put Stone over on the first night, so threw Ryan at him. It was my first and only A* match, and it rocketed Dan's momentum, boosting the inevitable losses to the DeColts thereafter. So I'm partial to the guy, and always find it's useful to have a moderately talented dude, with decent overness, who can fill the gaps left by storylines. How do I keep Jack DeColt & Fabulous Eddie away from each other for another week? Throw Ryan at him. Solid main event, if the angles are good. I've recently started a new CGC game, and... He's tricky. There isn't really room for him to have his own storyline, but things will come up eventually. I say keep him around, toss him a jobber or two, and use him to fill in some gaps in your storylines. He may never beat a DeColt, but let's face it, who does?

He has basically underachieved in my CGC diary game as well. After all kinds of opportunity to prove himself against the talent in my fed, and a face change too, I basically stuck him in a midcard tag team with Madman Boone, another disappointment, and they get to be the gatekeepers. Good enough to get wins over lower carders but losers to everyone mid and above, and usually on in the early portions of the show. He's on a long written so I might as well get the usage i can out of him.

Archived