Survivor Series 2008 Results

ShadowedFlames

[QUOTE=GatorBait19;529347]I mean Vince hates everything WCW, killed the cruiserweight title,[/QUOTE] Good point. Vince couldn't wait to end it, and straight away 7 years later it had gone. That's no time when you consider the prestige and how hard to Light-Heavyweight Title was booked. :rolleyes: The Cruiserweight Title has nothing to do with Vince not liking WCW, it's not wanting to focus on a smaller weight division full stop. It's no secret the E favours bigger guys and the few smalelr guys like Rey, Eddie etc get used with the bigger guys if they are rated by management.

[QUOTE=Tha Black Phenom;529133]I guess I agree with that. But yeah, they really should've drawn this out, have Cena actually chase the belt. Instead, we'll have a whiny Y2J using his rematch clause for an even-more predictable main-event matchup at Armageddon. Boo.[/QUOTE] What I see happening, is a rematch at Armageddon, then maybe a blow off cage match, or some gimmick match at the Rumble. Batista wins the rumble, and there's the wrestlemania main event. Whether or not Batista wins it, if he doesn't, then he'll get the shot somehow.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;529379] The Cruiserweight Title has nothing to do with Vince not liking WCW, it's not wanting to focus on a smaller weight division full stop. It's no secret the E favours bigger guys and the few smalelr guys like Rey, Eddie etc get used with the bigger guys if they are rated by management.[/QUOTE] Ok ill give you that, but Vince still doesn't like anything to do with WCW

- I love Survivor Series matches, although the fact that no one seemed to be allowed to break up pins seemed out of place. All three were a lot of fun. - I'm SO gutted that Morrison missed the Sweet Chin Music. Not for any booking reason, I'm just such a mark for the Shaman of Sexy that I wanted him to take out HBK with his own move, for the second time in a week. - Candice didn't tap out of the Sharpshooter immediately. Maybe I'm too much of a Hart-Mark, maybe I've been watching too much MMA, but if you don't tap out within 3 seconds, you're dead to me. - Orton's slither was f'n awesome. He is so incredibly over. I would be totally fine with them officially turning him, as long as his character stayed EXACTLY the same, and he never teamed with other babyfaces. Or rescued anyone. Or smiled... unless he just punt kicked a puppy. - Triple H vs Koslov was justly booed. I kinda liked the mat work, but it's so obvious that the WWE audience wouldn't be into it, especially when they advertised a 3-way with Jeff. - On the flip side, the finish was great. True, Jeff didn't need to be there, but it didn't hurt it. - Beards are awesome. - That hype video before that match, all about Jeff not being able to win the big one... Brilliant. Those video production guys deserve major props. - I have no opinion on Cena's win. As a smark, I actually admire the guy, but as a mark, I'm just not interested. A lot of people dig him though, so rock on. - Fine show. Nice way to spend a couple of hours (I fast forwarded a few matches) [QUOTE=GatorBait19;529402]Ok ill give you that, but Vince still doesn't like anything to do with WCW[/QUOTE] Very true, but why should he? I know I wouldn't keep the competition alive longer than I needed to. Post-Invasion I'd have killed them dead and never mentioned them on TV again.

for those people to call the HHH Kozlov match boring was disrespectful to the wrestlers themselves. i mean that was great example of how to put on a good match and to have the fans chant boring throughout the match not only ruined the momentum of the wrestlers they lost their credibility of being wrestling fans.

If anyone can point out to me when the WWE Cruiserweight Title meant jack... I'll eat my TNA hat. We had Rey hold it and defend it once every couple months... we had Chavo hold it and same result... Helms held and defended it 6 times in his year long reign. I just cannot recall a time when they actually had a focus on that Title where it wasn't a Rey vs. Chavo match.

[QUOTE=Ransik;529442]If anyone can point out to me when the WWE Cruiserweight Title meant jack... I'll eat my TNA hat. We had Rey hold it and defend it once every couple months... we had Chavo hold it and same result... Helms held and defended it 6 times in his year long reign. I just cannot recall a time when they actually had a focus on that Title where it wasn't a Rey vs. Chavo match.[/QUOTE] Kidman had some feuds I think, London etc. And Hurricane/Noble!

[INDENT]Not sure if this was mentioned or not but i just watched the batista / orton survivor series match up. I'm not a fan of orton so i'll refrain from the so called fan boy arguments as to why i don't like him or the push he's getting. After he tagged himself in and jumped down to the arena floor anyone else find it insulting to our intelligence as wrestling fans that the referee didn't start counting him out? Just my input, so far a decent ppv i'll post more about anything else i notice in it. [/INDENT] [INDENT]Previous statement withdrawn, i hadn't realized they changed the term. Just another thing wwf has done to screw up wrestling. Originally the term soul/sole survivor was used when only one person was left standing. More than one and it was phrased "here are your survivors." Watching this ppv and suffering through Lillian Garcia, while attractive, really makes me miss The Fink. No one did announcing like him.[/INDENT]

The Koslov VS. Triple H Match I found very enjoyable... Untill the end that is. I could care less about Jeff Hardy, for reasons other than I disslike orton, but for the same reasons i won't go into why. I'm a huge fan of old school where the matches are more competitive than a "performance" just for ratings. I would have been perfectly satisfied watching those two 1 on 1 for the title. Having already stated that i don't like Jeff if anyone came into the match late it should have been him, not Edge.

[QUOTE=wrestlingfan#1;529611]Having already stated that i don't like Jeff if anyone came into the match late it should have been him, not Edge.[/QUOTE] That's sort of the point. Edge had no business being in that match, therefore it's an awesome heel move to be in there, winning the title. P.S. I don't think the ref not counting Orton out is an insult to our intelligence, although if the ref had noticed it, and perhaps motioned to Randy to get back in the ring, it would have added another layer of realism. Remember, the ref counting aloud would have tipped off Big Dave, which would have changed the outcome significantly. We can't let a little thing like realism get in the way of a good story.

[QUOTE=darthsiddus2;529435]for those people to call the HHH Kozlov match boring was disrespectful to the wrestlers themselves. i mean that was great example of how to put on a good match and to have the fans chant boring throughout the match not only ruined the momentum of the wrestlers they lost their credibility of being wrestling fans.[/QUOTE] Really? Come on. That match was rest holds in slow motion. I like technical wrestling, bring on Benoit vs Angle or Regal vs Finlay or Malenko vs Jericho any day of the week. But those two did nothing but stink up the joint.

[QUOTE=Self;529614]That's sort of the point. Edge had no business being in that match, therefore it's an awesome heel move to be in there, winning the title. P.S. I don't think the ref not counting Orton out is an insult to our intelligence, although if the ref had noticed it, and perhaps motioned to Randy to get back in the ring, it would have added another layer of realism. Remember, the ref counting aloud would have tipped off Big Dave, which would have changed the outcome significantly. We can't let a little thing like realism get in the way of a good story.[/QUOTE] I see your point about realism and story, i guess its like i said i've said before i'm a die hard fan of wrestling in its "Glory Days." Where the matches over shadowed the stories and wrestlers were pushed to the main event based on talent rather than how well they could "ham it up" on the microphone. However I don't view that as a heel move him being in the match seeing how it was vicky that put him there, now how he come out on his own without being introduced then I would have viewed it as a heel move.

[QUOTE=wrestlingfan#1;529625]I see your point about realism and story, i guess its like i said i've said before i'm a die hard fan of wrestling in its "Glory Days." Where the matches over shadowed the stories and wrestlers were pushed to the main event based on talent rather than how well they could "ham it up" on the microphone. However I don't view that as a heel move him being in the match seeing how it was vicky that put him there, now how he come out on his own without being introduced then I would have viewed it as a heel move.[/QUOTE] *Edge has talent. *He couldn't win the match by just running out there. The GM had to put him in for it to work. Otherwise it's just your average, every day run-in.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;529620]Really? Come on. That match was rest holds in slow motion. I like technical wrestling, bring on Benoit vs Angle or Regal vs Finlay or Malenko vs Jericho any day of the week. But those two did nothing but stink up the joint.[/QUOTE] its not just about the technical wrestling my friend its about telling a story. even if those were "rest holds" they told a story.

[QUOTE=darthsiddus2;529881]its not just about the technical wrestling my friend its about telling a story. even if those were "rest holds" they told a story.[/QUOTE] A story that no one was particularly interested in, and was WAY too slow for a PPV Main Event match. Believe me I understood the whole "oh he's wearing Triple H down, all that work on the ribs... oh here's Edge! He uses his Spear to hit ribs... but that's not what puts him down, it's a chair shot to the head". Trying to say that Kozlov is feeling the nerves of a big match situation after he's spent all his time being an unstoppable monster who wants the biggest challenges he can find, that didn't sit well at all.

Archived