Most Hated Wrestler

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;533976]I hate most of the young kid wrestlers... Gauge Bros., Jay Chord, Cameron Vessey, and Ash. They all are a pain in the ass. The Gauge Bros. always have bad chemistry as a tag team and it ruins my use for them so I try to turn them to jobbers but they always gain a lot of popularity quick cuz they have so much skill.[/QUOTE] I always have neutral chemsitry with the Keith Brothers so I always team them up. And love them but they are better individually. I love Jay with all his emotional baggage. They all job a lot in their first year. Hmmmm, maybe the Young Lion system, does have its perks.

Super Falcon This poor excuse of a high flier starts off as the EWA European champion, but I can't figure out why. His aerial skills are solid, but nothing spectacular or impossible to replace (even in Europe), has no other in-ring abilities, his performance skills are bland, he only had D stamina, a total backstage dick, NO entertainment skills in a SE based promotion and... has almost no overness to boot. His only real saving grace appears to be his C star quality, but even that isn't all that impressive. In my EWA game, I promptly took the European title off of him, and jobbed him out until I managed to establish a strong enough prestige lead on UEW to sign away Inky the Squid Boy and then booted Super Falcon back to Portugal. Less than shockingly, UEW have yet to sign him in my game... in fact, UEW have even approached Boris Kiriyakin (and failed), not even considering Super Falcon. Oh, and Super Falcon? Sounds like the name of a crappy video game character from the 80s.

[QUOTE=lazorbeak;534456]And now, for a rebuttal, Captain Falcon: "FALCOOOOOOOON PUNCH!" Seriously though, Jay Chord. It's not fair that he starts out that amazing.[/QUOTE] Well Jay Chord is one man with three parts, 1 part man, 1 part amazing and 1 part pain in the ***

[QUOTE=The Masked Orange;536425]Two Words: Tommy Cornell[/QUOTE] Eh, funny you should mention this. I use to hate Cornell myself. I think it was because he had his own universe named after him. Not sure why. But now, I'm starting to dig him. Mainly because I'm a fan of The Syndicate. Again, I'm not sure why, I just am. Oddly enough, I don't think I have a CornellVerse worker that I hate. I'll probably develop a hatred towards one later on though, but right now I don't have a problem with anybody. Giant Redwood is probably my least favorite though. He gets a lot of hate as it seems like anyways. Poor guy. :cool:

In my 97 game I just started, I'm running a small fed in the UK called WWN. And Tommy Cornell's SWF contract ran out before him and Eisen's simmering tension went away, so I quickly signed him. After his first show, Angus McCloud almost caused a fight with Tommy, and after cracking down heavily on Angus, Tommy is now loyal to me. As reward, he won the first ever Bat Boy Memorial Tournament, defeating JD Morgan in an epic B- main event (the second best match ever for the Small company, as earlier in the night JD Morgan vs. Angus McCloud was a higher B-). Quite the fun company, and with ratings based on both popularity and performance its an interesting change of pace from my typical Sports Entertianment shenanigans. Oh, and in it, Pigeon Mask is set as a "next big thing", so that's lulzy.

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;536666][IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/me/merle.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] I have him in ROF and I can't seem to pull a C- while everyone else is getting c's. Well all my other main eventers anyway. Grumble grumble.

[QUOTE=Astil;536719]I have him in ROF and I can't seem to pull a C- while everyone else is getting c's. Well all my other main eventers anyway. Grumble grumble.[/QUOTE] That really does surprise me. At the opening, I'd usually say that Merle and Dragon are your two best workers, and Merle/Walter should be a close to guaranteed C early, C+ by the time someone like Don is getting into Cs.

For the most part I dislike different fighters each time I play. For example in one of my games I hated Johnny Bloodstone because he was wrestler of the year 5 years in a row and I couldn't pry him away from NOTBPW. In other games however I usually like him. The one guy I always hate is Big Smack Scott.

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;536731]That really does surprise me. At the opening, I'd usually say that Merle and Dragon are your two best workers, and Merle/Walter should be a close to guaranteed C early, C+ by the time someone like Don is getting into Cs.[/QUOTE] Merle is c-r-a-p in my save, and Dragon left early. I built this company on the backs of Walter Morgan and K'Lee Hawkins. My current champ is Matt Guage, beating Joey B. Walter's sniffin around the belt too. But Merle. He got a D with JD Morgan. JD f'n Morgan. C'mon.

[QUOTE=grits207;536738]The one guy I always hate is Big Smack Scott.[/QUOTE] this This time around, I've come to despise workers with egos far larger than their actual talent allows. Take Kate Lilly, fer instance. When you ask for near main event money when you're primarily a tag team wrestler, you've never even seen Upper Mid in any promotion you've worked in, and [I][B]your partner is better than you[/B][/I], you get [URL="http://lh6.ggpht.com/_69p4aFW4Gpg/R2qV_IpD-2I/AAAAAAAABAw/eu02ZUK_9es/DSC_0457.JPG"]the gas face[/URL]. Jez McArthuer - I used to love this guy. He was my ref in all the TEW games I've played prior to this one. Now? He's a locker room cancer. I'd rather train Heather Halo or Lois Hudson (or even Elegance!) to be top shelf than sign his poisonous personality. Anne Stardust - shoulda just took the deal, ya old hag. Instead, I'm forced to sign all your talent away (except Cat) and squish your isolationist promotion like a ****roach in Alphabet City. You know your ass is grass (and John Deere's on his way!) when The LWA is main eventing your shows. It's a good thing the repetitive match code doesn't apply to AI promotions or AAA would be WEXXV'd.

[QUOTE=Remianen;536744]Jez McArthuer - I used to love this guy. He was my ref in all the TEW games I've played prior to this one. Now? He's a locker room cancer. I'd rather train Heather Halo or Lois Hudson (or even Elegance!) to be top shelf than sign his poisonous personality.[/QUOTE] Problem is, the same is true of [I]every referee in the damn game.[/I] They've all got much the same combination of Ruthless, Manipulative, Mercenary and Optimistic in their personalities, meaning that your ref will inevitably start sh*t unless kept in check. In my longest-running game, I actually edited Dewey Libertine's personality after I fired two previous refs and he still started problems.

Peter Valentine... I've just started a USPW game for fun and he's just horrible. I'm only six weeks in, but I've already had huge success pushing Bruce The Giant, James Justice and T-Rex to A overness through menace based angles I created. And I've got plans for so many more people too... But Peter Valentine... He's not menacing... he's not talented... he can't even carry a match... he's not entertaining... he's old... he's not in great shape... he's friends with Sam Strong... but no-one else likes him... cos he's a dick... on an 11 month written contract... that will probably get renewed by Strong... So while I'm busy making stars out of seemingly whoever I want, I've also got to keep Peter "Useless" Valentine at B- momentum for one of my owner goals. So as of this moment, I truly hate Peter Valentine. The only thing he's got going for him is that he's 8 years past his prime, so might retire soon. Hopefully. :)

[QUOTE=derek_b;536875]Peter Valentine... I've just started a USPW game for fun and he's just horrible. I'm only six weeks in, but I've already had huge success pushing Bruce The Giant, James Justice and T-Rex to A overness through menace based angles I created. And I've got plans for so many more people too... But Peter Valentine... He's not menacing... he's not talented... he can't even carry a match... he's not entertaining... he's old... he's not in great shape... he's friends with Sam Strong... but no-one else likes him... cos he's a dick... on an 11 month written contract... that will probably get renewed by Strong... So while I'm busy making stars out of seemingly whoever I want, I've also got to keep Peter "Useless" Valentine at B- momentum for one of my owner goals. So as of this moment, I truly hate Peter Valentine. The only thing he's got going for him is that [B]he's 8 years past his prime, so might retire soon. Hopefully. :)[/QUOTE][/B] After two years of game time, Doctor Insane should now be 12 years past his prime in my EWA game. And still refusing to retire, the event of which I'd bring him back on board as a manager. So yeah... good luck with hoping he retires! If anything, people should hope when they start using USPW that he isn't close to retirement, so then you can actually try to develop his entertainment skills to a useful level.

Archived