Main event is stacked

I am using the Know Your Role - October database, and in my current game I am in January 2009, and I am having a bit of a problem, my main event is stacked too much thatI just can't avoid pissing some people off.

On RAW my main event scene is:

Batista

Brock Lesnar

Chris Jericho

Christian Cage

Cody Rhodes

Deuce

DH Smith

JBL

John Cena

Kane

Kofi Kingston

Paul London

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio

Shawn Michaels

Smackdown:

Big Show

Carlito

Edge

Festus

Jeff Hardy

John Morrison

Ken Kennedy

MVP

The Undertaker

Triple H

Umaga

Vladimir Kozlov

There are also a number of upper-midcarders that are on the brink of the main event, including

Kenny Dykstra

R-Truth

Shelton Benjamin

The Brian Kendrick

The Great Khali

Lance Cade

Sean Morley

Snitsky

Ted Dibiase

Tomko

ECW also has Matt Hardy, Domino, Finlay, SiNN Bowdee and Mark Henry.

so first off, damn, who should I cut from the main event? I also have CM Punk on the injured list, but he will be out for pretty much a year.

The biggest problem that I seem to be having is guys rising through the Tag division too quickly. From the list above, a number of guys have pretty much only been in tag matches, such as:

DH Smith

Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase

Snitsky & Tomko

Kofi Kingston

Carlito

Paul London.

So, how do I stop guys rising too quickly through the tag division? I was building a big feud between the Stampede Bulldogs (DH Smith & TJ Wilson) and Team Priceless (Ted & Cody) but they have outgrown the Tag division now... or do I just make the tag title a main event belt rather than mid?

I am struggling with this, because I don't want to bury anyone, but also can't cope with such a stacked main event scene.

If I remove other members of my roster, will the game adjust and put the lowest main event guys to upper mid?

Cheers

If I remove other members of my roster, will the game adjust and put the lowest main event guys to upper mid?

Yes. You must have an enormous roster as you have 15 guys pushed as Main eventers. That's too much (IMO, haven't played Global sized feds so I don't know the ideal roster size). Of course the push status calculates the ideal roster size and the actual, and pushes/arranges them accordingly to their right positions.

Yeah, I always fall into the trap of getting everyone I want, just so that no-one else can have them.

I have just sent most of the younger guys that I have no current plans for down to development, and terminated a few contracts, seems a bit more balanced now.

So if a ME is holding a mid belt, it doesn't have any negative affect? I always just assumed it did because when you talk to worker they always say they shouldn't be holding it...

Cheers

So if a ME is holding a mid belt, it doesn't have any negative affect? I always just assumed it did because when you talk to worker they always say they shouldn't be holding it...

The only downside is that the main eventer doesn't really benefit from holding the title whereas you could get more use out of giving it to a midcarder. It's more of a lost opportunity than something that will hurt you.

you will have to do 3 hour shows, with three big brands so no more second rate ECW and do super PPV's to fit everyone in :)

Yep, 3 hour RAW, 3 hour Smackdown, and 2 hour ECW, with battle royal as dark match on pretty much every show.

I have just cut a hold load of guys, fortunately it is January, so at least they had a good christmas, just hope they didn't put it all on the credit card...

How does everyone else resist the temptation to sign up the free agent talent? I just see a guy, think damn, good skills or something and sign him.

My diva division is huge, but at least I am handling it better than WWE, with talented divas on RAW going for the Women's title, and the lookers on Smackdown.

Think I might try to grab another child promotion or 2 to offload a few more of the younger guys until I am ready for them.

One of my biggest problems are guys like Santino and JBL. I can't stand them, so they are purely jobbers in my game, but for some reason I still can't bring myself to release them. Having said that, Santino's contract is up for renewal so I will try to resist renewing it.

with talented divas on RAW going for the Women's title, and the lookers on Smackdown.

Wow, someone else noticed that?

Really the reason for that is the meshing of styles between the diva's.

I would say run lots of shows abroad.

Like on the same day you are having your RAW, have a RAW event in Scandinavia.

Boost popularity even further internationally.

It's always hard to resist temptation, but I go by the logic of "If I can't book them myself, they're better off learning elsewhere for now" and hope that no-one else signs them up exclusively. In my current USPW game I've been avoiding signing lots of high flyers and the indy stars in order to keep it in line with USPW tradition. It hurts to not sign so many talented guys, but I wouldn't be able to use them and I don't have a child promotion to send them to, so I'm trying to keep my roster trimmed down to a minimal number. Specially since it saves cash too, and means I can concentrate on a smaller roster of guys I want to get over. :)

Ah WWE... It's amazing how well you've convinced everyone that tag team wrestling is inferior to singles competition.

If I was you, yes, I'd make the tag titles Main Event Belts. I pretty much do that after 6-8 months of all of my games, once I've got enough people sufficiently over. With my CGC game I only have 90 minutes of TV a week, and with a good dozen people on B and above popularity, I really don't have the room to promote a tag team division below that. So I pair up 2 main eventers and give the belts to them. Sorted.

Six-man belts have always been something I've wanted to try, but I've never had a roster big enough.

Ah WWE... It's amazing how well you've convinced everyone that tag team wrestling is inferior to singles competition.

If I was you, yes, I'd make the tag titles Main Event Belts. I pretty much do that after 6-8 months of all of my games, once I've got enough people sufficiently over. With my CGC game I only have 90 minutes of TV a week, and with a good dozen people on B and above popularity, I really don't have the room to promote a tag team division below that. So I pair up 2 main eventers and give the belts to them. Sorted.

Six-man belts have always been something I've wanted to try, but I've never had a roster big enough.

That is what I think I am also going to do, because guys like DH Smith, Rhodes & Dibiase, Snitsky & Tomko, Cryme Tyme have nothing else to do apart from tag, and they are beginning to get pretty popular, with Smith being pretty much A's across the board in the US (with the exception of Hawaii and Peurto Rico (sp)). So Main Event for 1 of the Tag Titles, not sure yet if RAW or Smackdown, and probably a new 3-man title on the other show, but the will mean writing a few more angles.

Archived