Left 4 Dead (Again...?)

mjdgoldeneye

I think there was another thread for this game, but it's long gone and largely irrelevant.

Who has this? Anyone want to get together and play? (I've got it on Xbox 360.)

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, L4D is a zombie survival shooter game from Valve (Team Fortress, Half Life, Portal, etc.).

It's awesome... If GoldenEye 007 wasn't my favorite game and Resident Evil 4 wasn't my favorite zombiesque game, L4D would possibly be up in those spots... :D

Got to play this last night / this morning.

Wow. That is... fun stuff. With the exception of the super-fast zombies, Romero would be proud. Altho I do agree with Zoey. "They shouldn't be that fast. I'm calling zombie bull**** on that one."

Only got to play a little multi-player so far, but it was kinda fun. Maybe if I had played that chapter before I'd've been more comfortable. That farmhouse is a pain to defend.

The worst combination of things to see in your subtitles window:

Boomer Rage

Hunter Alert

Tank Alert

Witch Moan

... seriously, at that point, I was rolling my eyes. Stupid dungeon-master AI...

I've got it on PC, so far have only played it Single Player, and died because of AI stupidity... Also, a word of warning... Apparently you can't hurt the witch until you startle her. I thought I'd be smart and throw a molotov at her while she was crying... Did no damage. I shot her, she mauled me, my party ran into the safehouse.

Altho on the 360, there is an achievement for setting her on fire with a molotov, regardless of damage or not.

And another if you can kill her with a single headshot. dunno how that works, tho. Sniper rifle, maybe.

Yeah, those same achievements are there in the PC version as well.

I have it, MJD, and we're already LIVE friends.

Although I'd really like to play some CivIV with you sometime, I'd be down for some L4D as well.

Hit me up sometime.

Another game I play multi in my own house - just had a good 2 day LAN of CivIV here. It's alot of fun in between waiting for people to finish their turns! lol

I've only started recently playing this, though amazing game.

Would be better if I could actually SURVIVE a finale. No matter what I do, I always end up becoming the zombies bitch at the end. At Blood Harvest, I was on the ramp to the truck... and a Tank literally dropped right infront of me, and proceeded to propel me backwards into the horde. Naturally, everyone else ran to safety while I died brutally. :-(

I usually play with a crew that Ive met from the game, have had some hilarious moments.... as we usually play "for a laugh"

Moments of stupidity include....

Not leaving the Safe Room at the start for about 15 minutes

Team Killing a random guy who joined our team after one of our crew got DC/ed

Teabagging everything and everyone in sight

And finally, pure stupidity of locking the Tank in the level end Safe Room with us :-)

Here's a bit of WTF:

I joined a friend who was playing as the infected with 3 other friends, so I was on the survivors. It was the last level of Blood Harvest.

The guys on my team were doing really badly, and were really slow. They'd move 10 feet and my friends would attack with their guys and they'd fall back 8 feet... :rolleyes:

So, I just decided to run as far ahead by myself as I could to force them to hurry up and draw the specials after me.

It worked, and I managed to hold of the first tank in the house mostly by myself as Zoey... :p

I and another guy get into the escape vehicle, and I hear the tank coming again... It was scary... He gets INTO the escape vehicle and starts punching us down. The other 2 guys get in, the door closes, and the drive off... The tank slides out throw the closed vehicle door and we escape!!

:p

It'd be funnier if we took the tank with us... They'd let us out in a safe zone and the tank would come out and spread the infection there! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived