Wrestling's -Other- War

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, so many paranoid people. It's actually kinda funny that just about the only person to not post a "omg it's so gonna be me!" post is the one who's unemployed :p And yes, I will keep you updated on how people get on once they've left the fed. -=- [COLOR=DarkGreen]Returning to the Colorado Springs Bar, in front of 158 fans, [b]MWO Lost In Space[/b] was held on the very first day of February. The six-match card ended up with another C- rating, and started off with [b]Trypio[/b] and Heavy Smoker [b]The British Bomber[/b] teaming up to defeat [b]Paul Merrian[/b] and [b]Midnight Nick[/b]. Not a bad match for two makeshift tag teams, it got a D rating. Next up, in a desperate - and successful - effort to prove he doesn't actually suck that much, [b]Sheik Nasty[/b] defeated [b]JNL Reaperstang[/b] in a very decent C- rated match. The Cruiserweight seems to work better with Heavyweight Technician JNL than he did with Super Junior worker Paul Merrian last month. In an [b]MWO Extreme Title[/b] match, [b]Johnny Dream[/b] retained against [b]"Sycho" Rob Rose[/b]. Even spelling his name correctly couldn't help Rose against the title-whore Johnny Dream. Unfortunately, with only getting a D rating, the match wasn't great. Similarly, the [b]MWO Ironman Title[/b] was also succesfully defended by [b]Xenshin[/b], in another D-rated match against [b]Grimm Reaper[/b]. Why this match wasn't much better I don't know, since both wrestlers are evenly matched in style and skills (although the Japanese teenager is a slightly better technical worker overall). The Main Event featured a tag match, but no forum'ers. It's surprising then that it only managed to share Match Of The Night with Nasty/JNL, instead of claiming it for it's own. Honest Frank and The Big Problem teamed up to defeat Dallas McWade and Leo Davis in the C-minus-rated main event to close the show. After the show, it was announced that [b]Corporal Doom[/b] had joined the roster, and would probably be making his debut at MWO's next show, Badlands.[/COLOR] -=- [COLOR=DimGray]One hundred and twenty eight people packed (sort of) the Ohio Jewish Centre for [b]GDW Destructive Appetite[/b] [b]Mad Mike[/b] and [b]Flavio[/b], teaming for the first time as [b]The Wizards[/b] after facing each other last month, defeated the makeshift tag team of [b]Wedenator Prime[/b], who contrary to popular belief didn't get fired, and [b]Gibson Marshell[/b] in the night's opener. The match absolutely sucked, got an E rating, and I don't want to talk about it. Another new team, [b]Bad Habit[/b] consisting of [b]Dorian Sookochoff[/b] and Hell Monkey, picked up a win over [b]Dave Biggs[/b] and [b]'Heinous' Hardy Ulmet[/b] to win the [b]GDW Tag Team Titles[/b]. Rumour has it that Johnny Dream's fireworks are now rather damp and emit a faint odour, possibly of urine. Now for the moment you've all been waiting for. As is becoming traditional, GDW decided not to put their [b]Heavyweight Championship[/b] on the line in the main event, but in the match before it instead. So, in a rematch from last month and in [b]his last GDW match[/b], [b]Dwight Mighton[/b] (was) defeated (by) The Insane Heat. Sorry dude, just trying to soften the blow... I will, of course, be giving you updates on Mr Mighton's career, should he continue to have one (I'm not going to update you on his position within the Dole Queue each week, obviously, but should he actually ever find another employer I'll be there!). In the compulsory main event tag team match, Fumihiro Ota and Donnie J. defeated [b]Shawn Stylez[/b] and [b]Zack Macomber[/b], in what turned out to be a joint match-of-the-night. Joint, that is, with all the others except the opener, at a C- rating. Overall, not a bad show at all. Except the bit with Weden in it. Maybe he'll get fired because of it? ¬_¬. Oh yeah, and GDW hired some guy called Brent Hill. Brent who? Excactly. Pfft. ¬_¬[/COLOR] -=- [COLOR=DarkRed]Once again the worst show of the trifecta, [b]TEW Break And Enter[/b] was held the very day after GDW's show, in the Weston Gymnasium. Opening the show were a newly formed tag team, the [b]Mega Men[/b], consisting of [b]J Hall[/b] and Hardcore Mania[/b]. The rag-tag (no pun intended) team of [b]Gary Catcher[/b] and [b]The Grand Wolf[/b] were easily beaten, and the [b]TEW Doubles Titles[/b] went to the Mega Men. In once again the only match to feature a non-forum member, Billy Russell defeated [b]Z Man[/b], in a C- rated match which was one of few highlights on the show.Z-Man is the only wrestler we've seen tonight who wasn't wrestling last month, so let me give you the low-down on him. He's crap, end of low-down. Bland on the mic, bland in the ring. Anyone would think the 19 year old Heavyweight Entertainer was Randy Orton in disguise. He also has terrible selling ability, but unlike Orton, has above average basics and psychology to get by on. Lucky he had the Tapout Artist to carry him, really. The other highlight was the very next match, when [b]Intruder[/b] defeated [b]Mick Neish[/b] in another C- rated match. Looks like I'll have to wait another month at least for my dream Blackley vs Intruder match...c'mon Adam, what the hell are you doing? It's obvious ¬_¬ After a short interlude beating up jobbers, [b]Bruce Thomas[/b] returned to his usual role as [b]Kalapalator[/b]'s bitch in the main event, as the [b]TEW Heavyweight Champion[/b] retained his title in another sub-par match.[/COLOR] -=- [ Recap ] [b]MWO Lost In Space[/b] Trypio/The British Bomber d. Paul Merrian/Midnight Nick (D) Sheik Nasty d. JNL Reaperstang (C-) Johnny Dream d. 'Sycho' Rob Rose to retain the MWO Extreme Title (D) Xenshin d. Grimm Reaper to retain the MWO Ironman Title (D) Honest Frank/The Big Problem d. Dallas McWade/Leo Davis (C-) [b]Show Rating[/b]: C- [b]Att[/b]: 158 [b]GDW Destructive Appetite[/b] Mad Mike/Flavio d. Wedenator Prime/Gibson Marshell (E) Dorian Sookochoff/Hell Monkey d. Dave Biggz/Hardy Ulmet for the GDW Tag Team Titles(C-) The Insane Heat d. Dwight Mighton for the GDW Heavyweight Title (C-) Fumihiro Ota and Donnie J. d. Shawn Stylez/Zack Macomber (C-) [b]Show Rating[/b]: C- [b]Att[/b]: 128 [b]TEW Break And Enter[/b] Hardcore Mania/J Hall d. Gary Catcher/The Grand Wolf for the TEW Doubles Titles (D) Billy Russell d. Z Man (C-) Intruder d. Mick Neish (C-) Liam Watson d. Derek Blackley (D) Kalapalator d. Bruce Thomas (D) [b]Show Rating[/b]: D [b]Att[/b]: 132

[QUOTE=Dwight Mighton]That rocked. I got a title shot -- Stupid Insane Heat is holding me down. I gotsta stick it to the man. STICK IT TO THE MAN, BABY! Either way -- One of the best pure wrestlers? Go me. The random talent thing rocks. It did especially for me. C- -- Second best match on the show, Even though it's tied with another.[/QUOTE] Well brother it was fun, stupid insane heat...its all his fault and just becasue I said so it was "wedens" fault too. maybe another fed will push you to the sky, but with your luck insane heat will follow you there too.

^_^ Awesome I'm teaming with Hell Monkey! Totally awesome! I got another strap! Even more awesome~! I love my company! I'm now the Pure Wrestling and Tag Team Champion! Awesome! Too bad I'm not a heavyweight, since I can't challenge for that title. v_v I'd be the first Triple Crown Champion, cause I know my boss would willingly give me yet another title to hold onto, cause I'm like so awesome! Oh! Brent Hill is coming! I wanna put my title on the line against him! That's actually the guy I was thinking about asking if he could join my company! I seriously love this company! Weeeeeee~! I'm sorry for Dwight that he got fired. I hope he find employment elsewhere since I don't understand why he'd get the pink slip. Watch as TEW or MWO hire him just to spite GDW.

[QUOTE=Scene]So, wait...I'm confused. At the one before the last GDW show it says I had a match, although there wasn't a mention of it in the write up. So I suck as a wrestler then?[/QUOTE] I had a brain-fart and confused you with Midnight Nick (who doesn't even work for GDW :p) on the show before last. I've just edited it :) Sorry for the confusion.

Wow, I didn't realize till now that this was indeed the thread for the forumers :). I FOUGHT HELL MONKEY!!!!! That like made my day when I read that as he was always one of my favs in the game. So now on the list of those I"d like to fight are only Fox Mask, Sean McFly, and Jeramy Stone... BTW, the writeups are very good.

[color=DarkRed]It seems that Adam Ryland's "I'm only using my fans on my shows" ethic just isn't paying off, as TEW put on another lacklustre show. [b]TEW Sick and Twisted[/b] was made even worse by an amazing GDW show that I'll get to later, but the four-match, D-rated show at the Weston Gymnasium didn't go down brilliantly with the 138 fans in attendance. To kick off the evening, [b]The Mega Men[/b] defeated [b]Nutlaw[/b] and [b]The Grand Wolf[/b] to retain their [b]TEW Doubles Titles[/b]. The high flying challengers didn't seem to blend too well with their complete-opposite-in-every-way opponents, and it was a thrown-together team, so it wasn't likely to be a great match even on paper. Following the David vs Goliath trend, [b]Derek Blackley[/b] fought [b]Z Man[/b] next. This match followed the original script laid down in the Bible however, as Blackley won. In a much more balanced match - in terms of size anyway - [b]Mick Neish[/b] tapped out to 'The Tapout Artist' Billy Russell. Don't try telling Neish it was balanced though, as the brawler was anihilated by the former shootfighter in short order. In tonight's main event, the [b]TEW Heavyweight Champion Kalapalator[/b] went four-and-oh when he retained his title against [b]Intruder[/b].I'll give this the match of the night award, just because Intruder was in it. Now all we have to do is get a rematch, and change the finish. Not that I'm at all biased.[/color] -=- [color=DimGrey]Over in Colorado Springs, in front of 124 people, The Maverick held [b]MWO Badlands[/b]. In the opening match, [b]Paul Merrian[/b] and [b]The British Bomber[/b] defeated [b]Troy Johnson[/b] and [b]Midnight Nick[/b]. Bomber's now teamed without his "regular" partner more often than he has with him, and has never been with the same partner more than once. If he were a girl, we'd have a special name for him... but since he's a guy we'll have to call him Hardcore Holly. Also interesting is that Merrian lost to Bomber and Trypio last month when they were on opposite sides. Midnight Nick was Merrian's partner in that match, too... In the first of four joint-match-of-the-nights, The Big Problem defeated [b]JuggaloNinjaLee Reaperstang[/b], and I'm really resenting having to type his name every update. In a rematch for the [b]MWO Extreme Title[/b], [b]Johnny Dream[/b] defeated [b]'Sycho' Rob Rose[/b], who's now lost two matches on the trot since I started spelling his nickname right. So there. In the [b]MWO Ironman Title[/b] match, that's still not the main event, [b]Xenshin[/b] defeated Honest Frank, to keep his record identical to Kalapalator's TEW record. The main event, or, the Leo Davis and Friends Self-Importance Special Event, Corporal Doom and Dallas McWade defeated Leo Davis and Sheik Nasty. Luckily, Davis' presence didn't wreck the match like it normally does, and it scraped to a C- rating. Probably due to the fact that, in contrast to previoius main events, someone actually knew one of the participants.[/color] -=- [color=DarkGreen]But now for a card that I can't be synical about. *sobs uncontrollably*. 128 fans packed (*cough*) the Ohio Jewish Centre for [b]GDW Hostile Intent[/b] and Arlie's Army didn't dissapoint. The opening two matches were rather low-key affairs, with [b]The Wizards[/b] ([b]Mad Mike[/b] and [b]Flavio[/b]) defeating [b]Hardy Ulmet[/b] and [b]Dave Biggs[/b]. This was followed by [b]Gino Gambino[/b] defeating [b]Wedenator Prime[/b] in another lacklustre match, but this was expected because Wedenator was in it. Then it got good, with The Insane Heat holding down [b]Dorian Sookochoff[/b] and preventing him from completing his triple crown with the [b]GDW Heavyweight Championship[/b]. Then it got really, really good, when GDW bore witness to the finest match any of the three promotions have seen so far. To be fair, with only one forumer in the match, and that being an awesome technical God (*cough*) that wasn't overly surprising. In the best main event so far, Fumihiro Ota and Hell Monkey teamed up to defeat former TCW Cruiserweight Donnie J and [b]Shawn Stylez[/b], thus ending the best show either of the three promotions have put on. And of course, you all have me to thank. I carried that Donnie J bloke and the Monkey Man all the way. With my C- in technical skills. Ahem.[/color] [ Recap ] [b]MWO Badlands[/b] Paul Merrian/The British Bomber d. Troy Johnson/Midnight Nick (D) The Big Problem d. JNL Reaperstang (C-) Johnny Dream d. 'Sycho' Rob Rose to retain the MWO Extreme Title (C-) Xenshin d. Honest Frank to retain the MWO Ironman Title (C-) Corporal Doom/Dallas McWade d. Shiek Nasty/Leo Davis (C-) [b]Show Rating[/b]: C- [b]Att[/b]: 124 [b]GDW Hostile Intent[/b] Mad Mike/Flavio d. Hardy Ulmet/Dave Biggs (D) Gino Gambino d. Wedenator Prime (D) The Insane Heat d. Dorian Sookochoff to retain the GDW Heavyweight Title (C-) Fumihiro Ota and Hell Monkey d. Shawn Stylez/Donnie J. (C+) [b]Show Rating[/b]: C [b]Att[/b]: 128 [b]TEW Sick and Twisted[/b] The Mega Men d. Nutlaw/The Grand Wolf to retain the TEW Doubles Titles (D) Derek Blackley d. Z Man (D) Billy Russell d. Mick Neish (D) Liam Watson d. Derek Blackley (D) Kalapalator d. The Intruder (D) [b]Show Rating[/b]: D [b]Att[/b]: 138

Archived