ok including mexican wrestling in the search gave me the info i was looking for, direct from wiki:

After leaving WCW, Barr was brought into Mexico's Empresa Mexicana de la Lucha Libre (EMLL) promotion by Konnan.[2] He initially wrestled under a mask as "The American Love Machine", and was very successful.[2] A year after entering EMLL, the American Love Machine faced off against another masked wrestler, Blue Panther, in a mask versus mask match.[2] 18,000 fans sold out the 17,000 seat Arena México in Mexico City and another 8,000 fans watched on big screen TV in the parking lot to see the card.[2] The match ended when "Love Machine" administered a Piledriver (Martinete in Spanish) against Blue Panther, an illegal move in Mexican wrestling, thus losing his mask.

thank you for your help

A martinete is any move that results in you dropping your opponent on his head.

So yeah, a piledriver would be one, as would a brainbuster I believe.

Yes, and very illegal in Mexico. Only the bad guys, rudos, use martinetis altough I've read that technicos have used it to some extent of getting revenge on the bad guys.

Yes, and very illegal in Mexico. Only the bad guys, rudos, use martinetis altough I've read that technicos have used it to some extent of getting revenge on the bad guys.

I wish they had this in the US. It would be a great way to get heels(dirty tactics) over and a great way to keep the face looking strong in a revenge scenario while gettin the heel a cheap win.

Archived