Sims 3

GatorBait19

Odd coincidence. I started looking around for games to play on my Mac the other day. Simple, old-ish PC games mostly, and I nearly bought sims 2 until I saw 3 is in the works. I'm not 'excited' but I'll probably pick it up. I dug the original.

I haven't really be bothered, I mean, what else could they add to the game that would make it worth fleshing out my money for. The orignal sims was enough for any man.

they've added a ton of new AI and a bunch of new features and I believe it does have online play too.....

Don't see anything about online play on the wikipedia article or the sims wiki article. Maybe you're talking about an improved sims exchange?

The big, make or break difference, is how the "open neighborhood" pans out. It could be really cool, allowing you to control the inhabitants of your own neighborhood as they go to work, go to friend's houses, and go about life without individual loading screens. It could be really cool, or it could be a tremendous hassle. I didn't start playing the Sims 2 until a few months ago, and while it doesn't do as many things the Sims 3 is promising, it did such a good job of them that I really didn't care.

The "Open Neighbourhood" is both a blessing and a curse. I hope it can be toggled.

Sure it's nice that as you age, everyone else ages at the same rate around you. BUT what if you actually want to play more than one household in a given neighbourhood? Suddenly you're missing out on playing huge chunks of your Sims' lives because all the time you spend on one household is time that the AI is controlling and aging every other household.

Yeah I'm interested to see complicated it will be. By the interview videos I've watched it kind of seems like they're relying on the AI, how you just let people go so you control multiple homes instead of focusing on one but I always liked seeing and building my family and home.

The "Open Neighbourhood" is both a blessing and a curse. I hope it can be toggled.

Sure it's nice that as you age, everyone else ages at the same rate around you. BUT what if you actually want to play more than one household in a given neighbourhood? Suddenly you're missing out on playing huge chunks of your Sims' lives because all the time you spend on one household is time that the AI is controlling and aging every other household.

I'm pretty sure it can. Can't remember where I read that so I can't cite chapter and verse. But I seem to remember an interview or developer's diary or something where they noted it could be. Besides, remember when Sims 2 was being prepped for market. Everyone was all concerned about how the then-new concept of aging would work and they gave us the aging off cheat. One of the main reasons The Sims has done so well over the years is that the game is modular to how the end user wishes to play it. We may not know all the details about how they will make it so now. But I would be outright shocked if some provision weren't made.

I just hope there's a way to mix and match things. So the families who are relevant to the storyline you're playing out age and the ones who aren't can be left until you need them. The one thing I really hate about the default nieghborhoods in Sims 2 is that pretty much everybody is interconnected by default. If I want to segregate the citizenry of Sunset Valley into separate story groups like I did my Sims back in 1, I don't necessarily want Bob Newbie aging at the same pace as Melissa Roomie if they are in separate story groups to me.

One of the main reasons The Sims has done so well over the years is that the game is modular to how the end user wishes to play it. We may not know all the details about how they will make it so now. But I would be outright shocked if some provision weren't made.

True they are pretty good with these things, but then they also like to crack down on mods with every expansion that comes out, which is a shame.

I just hope there's a way to mix and match things. So the families who are relevant to the storyline you're playing out age and the ones who aren't can be left until you need them.

I think at very least we should be able to separate "townies" from regular neighbours. It always annoyed me how people in University would *always* be in University, generations later. No more of that :)

I read the 'features' all right.

It's said to contain very strict copy protection, namely the fact that you can only install it three f'n times... Wassup with that?

And it comes with HUGE advertising, though i don't really mind that.

oh well, since my pc can just play it, i might.

I've been waiting for this forever!

Is anyone anticipating this game?

I've been reading over the features and I'm ify. Online game play sounds nice though

from what I've read this one has online play but i could be wrong

they've added a ton of new AI and a bunch of new features and I believe it does have online play too.....

No online gameplay, sorry.

It can be toggled on and off.

Archived