Non-Wrestlers Wrestling

I've been pondering a women's division in my SWF game and, being sports entertainment, I had a look at female workers with good looks/sex appeal and, surprise surprise, three of the seven or so who showed up in the search are already employed by me (Emma Chase, Dawn the Cheerleader and Jessie).

I suddenly started thinking about the WWE and how a fair few times personalities (i.e. Maria, Eve Torres, even Stephanie McMahon back in the day) have started wrestling, even though they were terrible in the ring. So, realistically, I think that the SWF would do the same thing and start a women's divison built around the established women in the company being pushed as in ring competitiors, along with some more talented women being brought in (Wanda Fish, J-Ro, etc.).

Could it work? I was thinking of either setting up a women's division in RIPW or getting an agreement with AAA to try and get Chase and co some training before I try it, but would that even work? Seeing as they're not in-ring competitiors, wouldn't the AI just push them as personalities?

I'm not sure what the ai would do with them, you could have them wrestle in your dark matches to build up skills. Make sure you're product settings allow for women wrestling to be part of the show otherwise the matches will get dumped on by the crowd. It could be done you just have to set their push to being that of position on the card rather than personality, ref etc. etc. That way you can select them to put them in matches.

I used Blonde Bombshell in a Mud Wrestling match with Dharma Gregg on the pre-show of a PPV in my diary game, and I believe the match got a D. Which is a pretty fair match for me, especially considering the wrasslin' stats of the girls. Granted, my product has Heavy Risque, but if your division is purely Eye Candy matches, they might do okay. It won't set the world on fire. Depends what you're after.

Yeah you can start by using the sex apeal and overness of the established non wrestlers to leech overness off of them to the ones that can wrestle. Once you have enough you can start a real division. SWF is already heavy on overness but you might want to up the T & A levels to high in the editor while creating the division.

While I don't have a division yet, I do sometimes throw a diva grudge match on the table to shake things up a bit. I just temp. set the women to "women's division' (even though I don't have one...) and the just push 'em back to managers as soon as I'm done booking.

If all you're interested in is match ratings, no it's not going to work. Your lower midcarders and openers can probably do better ratings than even the three people you mentioned. See, even in eye candy matches, the game factors in worker skills. Your workers have zero skills, which lead to a penalty in the match ratings. Just because a match is based on something (eye candy, hardcore, high flying) doesn't mean everything else is ignored. At the start of every game, every worker's skill caps are set. From what I've seen, non-wrestling personalities tend to have their in-ring skills capped low (like D range, for the most part). You can see this by looking at Jennifer Heat (who was a wrestler in previous TEW games but is no more). If you turn her back into a wrestler, you'll find her skills don't really develop very much (generally. After testing this in about 2 dozen games (I tend to hire Jennifer any time I can), she's developed into the C+/B- range once).

In my experience, you need Risque and high T&A in your product to make eye candy based matches viable. If you want real wrestling, you don't really need much sex appeal. You need in-ring skills (and entertainment skills) far more.

I remember in my SWF game, I had Richard Eisen team up with Eric in a handicap match to take on Angry Gilmore. The fans turned on Richard for his inability to wrestle, but thanks to all three of them having massive overness (and a protect note on Richard, and the fact the other two guys can actually wrestle) and it still ended up being an excellent match.

Oh, and Eric ended up blasting Gilmore with a chair and tagging in Richard so he could ****ily make the pin.

Archived